• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Prototype

FV had 490 ATK on my status screen.

120% ATK buff from Soleil
+ Boss self debuff Defense
+ Killers from Diabolos and Barette accessory and Man-eater Materia
+ High Roll with Fixed Dice
+ End a double Orlandeau Chain
+ Fire Imperil from Fiery Retribution
+ Fire element added to weapon from Flaming Axe
+ Full Charge Stomp from Uplift

= 12.5 Million Damage from that one hit.

The Orlandeaus did the rest of the damage, I guess.

Boss dies almost 4 times over on turn 2.

I have FV and it's this reason Setzer is in my TMR party lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm using the time and NRG to level up side characters I was never going to bother with -- 2nd, maybe 3rd rikku. I have 3 veritas I'm gonna play with. This new wookie guy. Maybe I'll fuck around with some trials.

Also hey Alkez! I'm still here, not quitting.

Celegus

Still jealous you're going to blizzcon haha. I played episode 1 of life is strange and loved it. But because I had to wait for the next episode I never got back into despite having the season pass. Need to get back to finishing that. Really don't like episodic games as that always happens to me.

I've been playing Persona with a friend. We've enjoyed it so far but our big issue with it is the fact that it feels like only a fifth of the 50 hours we've put in so far have been us actually playing the game, and the rest has been us watching the story. At first it was interesting as I love a good story, but after 50 hours it's getting a bit tedious.

To be honest P5 never really got better to me, though I could be in the minority as it did seem to review well. Started fairly interesting, but just dragged on for so long - tedious is a great word to describe it. Don't want to delve into spoilers or anything, but none of the later game plot points made it feel worth it. Disappointing since I loved P4, but this was a massive downgrade in terms of characters and writing. Ditch it and get back to Life is Strange, now that's a good story! Episode 1 is nothing compared to what's coming!

Finished EV, 9S, Rikku, Noctis, Tidus LBs and still have 5 King pots to use. The new expeditions really load you up on these! The only other one that comes to mind is my second Tidus but probably just gonna hold onto them. Also up to 40m gil, thanks Mr Shadow Raid Buddy!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't know, the sadistic, pissed off childish side of me enjoys these turn of events. Nier really just fucking killed my interest solely by their atrocious rates. It's sort of like karma now.

But the other, more rational, adult half is like. It was my own fault and people shouldn't suffer.

Wazzy

Banned
I really hope this game doesn't go. We haven't even gotten Cloud's banner and I want my VIII characters ugh.

I don't want my hoarding to be a waste. :(

robotuw

I'd always figured I'd leave this game in disgust at some point. It'll be weird if it shuts down before I can get fed up with it.

Not that I'm expecting it but you should maybe spend your energy and orbs in case maintenance actually happens in an hour.

I really hope this game doesn't go. We haven't even gotten Cloud's banner and I want my VIII characters ugh.

I don't want my hoarding to be a waste. :(

That would be the worst. If the game really dies I want to spend everything I got first.

across

Let's all look back in disgust at the people who were celebrating the hacking.

smh

But it's fine because Gumi brought it upon themselves with their lack of transparency and bad rates and the hacker is a freedom fighter if not a hero and there will be absolutely no consequences beyond some sweet free lapis and compensation bonuses and the game/developer will just spring right back into action as though nothing happened.

*jerkoff motion*

Prototype

I hope they can fix this. I don't want the game to end. I absolutely adore this game.

In games news I finally beat Aigaion!
WoL, Rikku, Noctis, Yoshi, A2, friend A2.
I'm unbelievably happy right now. Just used Magic as I didn't care for World Destroyer.
With martial arts mastery and the fist I've broken 1,000 ATK for my very first time. It's funny to think back to when I started in December, and how where I am now would be simply unfathomable to me then. If the game does end it will at least be a bittersweet finale for my time with the game.

Lucreto

I would take half NRG to clear my side quest list and collect some keys.

I could plow through some story missions I have been neglecting.

Rixa

I have a theory:

They are tweaking October daily login calendar, in order to win players back and keep them logging daily. These dull weeks without anything great wont help them, nor hack & leaks didn't help at all.

Gumi as developer is losing paying customers fast, they are losing people who are in forums, they are getting negative buzz around. Reason already mentioned with many users in this thread.

Seriously to get game back on track and to get players interest back they have to do "something". One way is to give "us" better daily logins (like anniversary month and what game release month year ago July was).

They need to get the good word out that is nice to play daily, we have nice rewards. If not they just lose more money.

wilstreak

I have a theory:

They are tweaking October daily login calendar, in order to win players back and keep them logging daily. These dull weeks without anything great wont help them, nor hack & leaks didn't help at all.

Gumi as developer is losing paying customers fast, they are losing people who are in forums, they are getting negative buzz around. Reason already mentioned with many users in this thread.

Seriously to get game back on track and to get players interest back they have to do "something". One way is to give "us" better daily logins (like anniversary month and what game release month year ago July was).

They need to get the good word out that is nice to play daily, we have nice rewards. If not they just lose more money.

Agree, after this whole fiasco (on top of troll Nier banner), Gumi need to give something good to pull player into becoming active again.

At the very least, giving another anniversary level of promotion is a minimum (free pull and 5* guaranteed). Not even Cloud banner alone can help to regain player satisfaction pre-Nier.

And i seriously think Square Enix won't let Brave Exvius stop like this. Highly succesful Final Fantasy IP shutdown in 1 year will be detrimental to their future FF mobile strategy. And who knows how may penalty they have to pay Ariana to annul their agreement.

Rixa

We may have maintenance coming that starts 3h(?) before tomorrows day change.

news_banner_header_2.png

We will be performing emergency maintenance during the period indicated below.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Maintenance Period]
Thursday 9/28 21:00 - Friday 9/29 07:00 PDT

[Note]
The game will be inaccessible during maintenance

Nazta / Reddit said:
It's legit. Probably not entirely set in stone since it didn't get pushed though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
At least they are communicating somewhat ...still hope its just a minor setback before a big comeback. So essentially what Rixa said...they will have to restore confidence in a big way before the big Gacha Holiday season starts and they drop the offers to get people to pay for bundles etc.

So yeah they pretty much have to use October to get their street cred back.

Maintenance is so they can drop a new banner before there is nothing for their players to spend money and Lapis on.

Also got so tired of nothing to do last night that I blew 10k of my 14k Lapis.

Yeah it was quickly realized as a mistake. :p

At least I got Weirei #5, so farming two of his TM is more manageable now.

Also got 2x Veritas of the Waters, another Gaffgarion, Snow and quite a few Rosalia and Lenna, which is super helpful since I need to begin farming for Ramza after he gains his Enhancements.

NeoCross

Spent my 10+1's immediately after I got them, first one was absolute trash, second one got me a Veritas of the Light. Is she any good?

vato_loco

Spent my 10+1's immediately after I got them, first one was absolute trash, second one got me a Veritas of the Light. Is she any good?
She seems to be pretty good. Better than Tidus, if you believe Memel0rd. Her TMR is OP as balls, tho: "Increase HP (20%) and MAG (40%). Decrease chance of being targeted (50%)"

About all this "BE is gonna close" business: no, they probably won't. It's more likely that Squeenix will pass the torch to someone other than Gumi, but this game is making absurd amounts of cash, there's very little chance that they'll pull the plug while it's still profitable.

And if whales start leaving because of the abysmal drop rates, most likely they'll finally give us the 3%. However, how many whales are there in GAF and reddit that'd stop whaling for a while to send a clear message?

Lyrian

Two in-game news posts, now.

-- One as a minor update on the security situation. No actual account information was compromised. (Implicitly, only the 5k lapis given to select accounts)

-- "Emergency" maintenance during normal hours, 10h downtime.
This is expected, as according to the leaked timetable, there is supposed to be a mandatory client update with the next maintenance.​

So, management was willing to let Thursday slip into Friday. But, by hell or high water, the new banner for Friday is never going to be delayed (as expected).

I have a theory:

I hope this is about right. They really need to step up here. I think the next few months sound really good if the leaks are completely legit, with a really awesome global exclusive banner in there.

Would be a real shame for the base to just drop out because they couldn't get things sorted after this whole thing. Nice little break though. I've got everything I wanted from the raid so I'm completely done with that.

Kouriozan

Surprisingly, I'm in top 10k, looks like this raid is not interesting people.

tO3fWGml.png

In other raid despite using all my orbs on ELT and having normal sleep schedule, I end up at ~15k

across

About all this "BE is gonna close" business: no, they probably won't. It's more likely that Squeenix will pass the torch to someone other than Gumi, but this game is making absurd amounts of cash, there's very little chance that they'll pull the plug while it's still profitable.

Where, how, and why did this guff about SE giving FFBE away to some other developer start, and how long before it goes away? It reeks of a profound misunderstanding of how licensed/collaborative games work. Are they going to take it away from Gumi in Japan as well? Are they going to take away the Brave Frontier collaboration units when they give it to DeNa? Is it okay if we all collectively agree to stop mindlessly repeating the most recent harebrained bit of worst-case scenario overreaction we read from a drive-by poster or a comment on Reddit that was downvoted 11 times?

The game isn't ending in two days.
The game isn't a toy that Papa Squeenix is going to give to Gumi's older sister in perpetuity 'cause Gumi didn't finish his homework.

Just relax.

NomarTyme

tO3fWGml.png

In other raid despite using all my orbs on ELT and having normal sleep schedule, I end up at ~15k
I was top 5 k easily until I decided to go pro instead. I got my gil reserved to last me for a good while.

I'm one of the crazy ones that actually liked the raid.

Alkez

Also hey Alkez!

tenor.gif

I still have 2, I've no motivation to pull.

Same here. I don't think there's anything I really need atm (unless they want to bring A2 back lol).

Not pulling until Ayaka.

I most likely won't be pulling until CG Fina, which according to the leaks won't be until 2018 lmao. There's a few 3*s I'll be going for though.

Is Ayaka really THAT good? Should I wait for her or just keep pulling for a decent team, since I just started?

She's pretty much the white mage to end all white mages. She has literally every skill a white mage will need. So whether you should pull or not depends how much you value white mages. Personally I like Season 2 Fina a lot more because while I appreciate white mages, I find pure too limiting with how I like to play the game.

Is Ayaka really THAT good? Should I wait for her or just keep pulling for a decent team, since I just started?

You're rather new so I don't think you have Tilith do you? If I remember correctly it's CG Sakura => Ayaka > Tilith > everything else.

tenor.gif

Same here. I don't think there's anything I really need atm (unless they want to bring A2 back lol).

I most likely won't be pulling until CG Fina, which according to the leaks won't be until 2018 lmao. There's a few 3*s I'll be going for though.

I honestly would prefer Sakura and may reconsider and just do dailys for Ayaka as I have Tilith. Will need to what else comes on Ayaka's banner.

Celegus

I have Tilith so really don't care about Ayaka. Don't chase rainbows and all that. Way more interested in the four fiends and Halloween units more than anything else!

I have Tilith so really don't care about Ayaka. Don't chase rainbows and all that. Way more interested in the four fiends and Halloween units more than anything else!

I sold all my Black Cat Lids LOL. Got two hats and sold her, never thinking she'd get a 6*. Man was I wrong. I"m also interested in the Halloween Sakura unit. Need to see the skill set first.

Alkez

You're rather new so I don't think you have Tilith do you? If I remember correctly it's CG Sakura => Ayaka > Tilith > everything else.

I honestly would prefer Sakura and may reconsider and just do dailys for Ayaka as I have Tilith. Will need to what else comes on Ayaka's banner.

Sakura is more of a black mage (who uses skills that she can dual cast). She does have some support skills (attack and mag buffs, damage mitigation, and mp regen) but she doesn't have any white magic type skills. Maybe you're thinking of Fina? She's Ayaka's main competition but has more support skills.

Sakura is an amazing unit though. She was my first 5* on JP along with Fina and both are still serving me well.

robotuw

I want some Kamui (wouldn't mind a Sylvia either) so I'll pull for them and hope I stumble into Ayaka.

I just need Rubicante, Barba is so forgettable I'm wondering why Gumi made her 5*.

Because tits

Do you mean Fina? Saukra is a dedicated mage and a terrible healer.

Sakura is more of a black mage (who uses skills that she can dual cast). She does have some support skills (attack and mag buffs, damage mitigation, and mp regen) but she doesn't have any white magic type skills. Maybe you're thinking of Fina? She's Ayaka's main competition but has more support skills.

Sakura is an amazing unit though. She was my first 5* on JP along with Fina and both are still serving me well.

Do you mean Fina? Saukra is a dedicated mage and a terrible healer.

Yes, I got my wires crossed. You are correct, it was CG Fina and not Sakura I was thinking about.

vato_loco

She's pretty much the white mage to end all white mages. She has literally every skill a white mage will need. So whether you should pull or not depends how much you value white mages. Personally I like Season 2 Fina a lot more because while I appreciate white mages, I find pure too limiting with how I like to play the game.
My teams are usually about offense more than defense, but just in case I need a healer, I'm slowly working on a Refia, which is the best I've currently got.

I'm so new I didn't even know Tilith was a thing...

tO3fWGml.png

I'm not gonna lie, the ELT being a bit hit or miss for completion (the raids swing this way back and forth though) and my getting the 4* ticket I just don't care to run it as much, even if it is practically free resources. I've made the equips that matter to me, the summons are crappy, and it's just not all that great.

Top Bottom