• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

Dear lord... what equipment are you using?
Genji Blade
Deathbringer
Imperial Helm
Demon Mail
Genji Glove
Bracer
LS Mastery
Blade Mastery
2x Quick Assault

The two Dark Finas have almost 900 MAG each and that was built off a Ultima +2 chain.

How do you get him to use the ability you want while berserk?
Set up the Soul Eater and the Berserk, then quickly click on both (like you want to chain) so you buff him and use the skill before you automatically attack.

Muku

Finally! The reason I was saving my 130 NRG in inbox... Every vortex thing is open. But now... working on Luneth's ability awakenings. Got his Cut Through and Sword Master #1 already. Working on both #2. All aboard the Luneth-is-getting-his-day train. Choo choo.

Rixa

Ok I'm awakening his abilities

989 ATK with that setup when +2 enhanced.

@Syntsui Really nice damage :D. I can't test mine in test dummy since I dont have 2 same chainers. I need to get 2nd Setzer to 6* & 100.

Or pull 2nd Tidus.

RedZaraki

Banned
Set up the Soul Eater and the Berserk, then quickly click on both (like you want to chain) so you buff him and use the skill before you automatically attack.

Clever girl.

First World Problems:

I have a lot of the best Chainers in the game

Orlandeau
Tidus
Aileen

But no copies of any of them, so I'm very Friend Dependent for dealing damage.

:\

It's why Robot Trial was particularly harsh on me, I used Friend spot for Rem so my damage was much lower than usual.

Muku

Tri-laser Beam upgrade was a definite go for upgrading Ace, correct? To +2? Rixa? Working on Ace right now on alt. Going for Devotion, but can work on Tri-laser too if good.

Rixa

Tri-laser Beam upgrade was a definite go for upgrading Ace, correct? To +2? Rixa? Working on Ace right now on alt. Going for Devotion, but can work on Tri-laser too if good.

You want to enhance all of them:

Name Effect Hits MP Type T1 T2 T3 T4 T5 Gil
Devotion +1 Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%)
Increase LB gauge (2) per turn - - Support 15 8 5 1 - Gil250,000
Devotion +2 Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%)
Increase LB gauge (2) per turn
Increase MAG (40%) - - Support 23 12 8 2 1 Gil250,000

Spirit Hand +1 Randomly use:
(70%) MP Charge: Recover MP (30) to all allies
(20%) MP Super Charge: Recover MP (75) to all allies
(10%) MP Mega Charge: Recover MP (120) to all allies - 20 Healing 10 8 3 - - Gil120,000
Spirit Hand +2 Randomly use:
(70%) MP Charge: Recover MP (45) to all allies
(20%) MP Super Charge: Recover MP (100) to all allies
(10%) MP Mega Charge: Recover MP (140) to all allies - 10 Healing 15 12 5 1 - Gil120,000

Tri-beam Laser +1 Magic damage (2.8x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies 7 45 Power 15 10 8 2 1 Gil500,000
Tri-beam Laser +2 Randomly use:
(30%) Tri-beam Laser: Magic damage (2.8x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies (white laser)
(30%) Tri-beam Laser: Magic damage (4.2x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies (yellow laser)
(30%) Tri-beam Laser: Magic damage (5.6x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies (orange laser)
(10%) Tri-beam Laser: Magic damage (22.5x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies (red laser)

Decrease fire, lightning, and light resistance (75%) for 3 turns to all enemies

bonkeng

Honestly, I'm amazed that up to now, you're still playing your alt. Not mention a JP account. Talk about ffbe dedication.

Mad props to you!

Muku

Honestly, I'm amazed that up to now, you're still playing your alt. Not mention a JP account. Talk about ffbe dedication.

Mad props to you!

Haha thanks. JP is unfortunately not been as active.. mainly due to so much going on IRL right now. Move coming up, plus other random things. ;_; I am hoping after the move in a month and some change I can get back to that. But to be honest, JP is my more relaxed route. Going to enjoy the scenery there.

My alt has been more tolerable after getting Fohlen, DKC (even though he's about to get replaced by Ace), and more noteably Trance Terra. TT is my god damn Queen. She owns my alt account right now. Everything is for her. She carried my group through last raid. Seriously. But with being told of Ace's awesomeness with enhancements, maybe I can bring him up to snuff and bring him around again.

Hmm, so all for Ace? Okay. Working on Devotion now. Will look at all of them to add to list. Only Ace on alt and Luneth on main are priorities. And Ace because I want to replace DKC so bad. Thank you Rixa~ :D

Edit: Jesus just looked at Tri-laser for real this time. What a boss.

(JP) Did 10 pulls on the BD banner including 3 4* tickets. Still no rainbow and only one banner unit. Some 4* girl Edea? I think. No clue never played the games, but my shitty luck continues on that part of the game.

Pejo

Gold Member
You want to enhance all of them:

So all this talk of enhancing. I hadn't yet enhanced anybody, but was fairly committed to Elza/DKC. Then I saw that Berserk Aigiaon method, so I trashed the idea and decided to enhance Ace instead. Got all of his skills to +2 now. WHY DOES EVERYTHING USE POWER AND SUPPORT??? So stupid to use power for magic abilities.

Anyways, trying to get him to beast mode now. What's Ace BiS look like? I know almost nothing for magic TMs past the initial wave of Shantotto's MAG+30%s.

In related regret, I wish I'd have kept more Palympos from the raid. That MAG+20% and HP+10% is amazing for gearing mages for these trials. Right now I have all of mine on Rem.

So all this talk of enhancing. I hadn't yet enhanced anybody, but was fairly committed to Elza/DKC. Then I saw that Berserk Aigiaon method, so I trashed the idea and decided to enhance Ace instead. Got all of his skills to +2 now. WHY DOES EVERYTHING USE POWER AND SUPPORT??? So stupid to use power for magic abilities.

Anyways, trying to get him to beast mode now. What's Ace BiS look like? I know almost nothing for magic TMs past the initial wave of Shantotto's MAG+30%s.

In related regret, I wish I'd have kept more Palympos from the raid. That MAG+20% and HP+10% is amazing for gearing mages for these trials. Right now I have all of mine on Rem.

Literally everything uses Power and Support. I think 95% of enhancements so far use either one or the other.

It's awful.

Valentus

Genji Blade
Deathbringer
Imperial Helm
Demon Mail
Genji Glove
Bracer
LS Mastery
Blade Mastery
2x Quick Assault

The two Dark Finas have almost 900 MAG each and that was built off a Ultima +2 chain.

I just wanted to honor you Syntsui. Your dkc is incredible

2017_07_21_14_57_42.gif

Rixa

This is not BiS, but its my build. I like to have over 5k HP.
BiS has 2x Mateus Malice and some other shit.

Ace 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 5181 MP: 329 ATK: 329 DEF: 216 MAG: 893 SPR: 305

If you have Karl(s) you could farm SoD tm. Or as you said use Sages Prajna.

With 3x30% Mag it is like this:
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 3996 MP: 329 ATK: 240 DEF: 216 MAG: 946 SPR: 305
I rather have that extra HP.

udca

DO it. I completed my first DKC and need another 8 more power g-crysts to finish my second. Few more Story runs should do it. They'll be coming together with Elza, Ramza and Dark Veritas someday.

Nice! I bet you'll dish out very solid damage without chainers with that team

Pejo

Gold Member
This is not BiS, but its my build. I like to have over 5k HP.
BiS has 2x Mateus Malice and some other shit.

If you have Karl(s) you could farm SoD tm. Or as you said use Sages Prajna.

With 3x30% Mag it is like this:

I rather have that extra HP.

Thanks man, that's a great setup. I have one Karl and one Prajna "in the oven", so I can get really close to that build, pretty much identically. Totally spaced on the Rod Mastery too, as I still haven't tried Ultros! trial. I should be able to knock that out pretty quickly this weekend. Might even throw Love on him for that 30% HP boost.

DO it. I completed my first DKC and need another 8 more power g-crysts to finish my second. Few more Story runs should do it. They'll be coming together with Elza, Ramza and Dark Veritas someday.

I am in a desperate need for t3 power and support crysts (didn't realize devotion came with +40% on Ace and I need to complete my dKC). Which story mode stage are you running for support and power?

Pejo

Gold Member
So I was just reading the Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread, and in a weird twist of fate, Shadow is the #1 DPS unit in the game.

You get 'em, lil guy!

Alkez

Completely off topic for a second but anyone playing the destiny 2 beta this weekend?

On topic, why does it feel like TM farming never ends? Right now I'm doing singles and it's the worst. Got Snow, Snow #2, Vanille, Vanille #2, and Leon. I still need to do letters and arms, and now I have 2 Ashe I plan to make 6 of them. It also means I need to do 2 Graces now. Sometimes it's just overwhelming looking at the TM list.

Completely off topic for a second but anyone playing the destiny 2 beta this weekend?

On topic, why does it feel like TM farming never ends? Right now I'm doing singles and it's the worst. Got Snow, Snow #2, Vanille, Vanille #2, and Leon. I still need to do letters and arms, and now I have 2 Ashe I plan to make 6 of them. It also means I need to do 2 Graces now. Sometimes it's just overwhelming looking at the TM list.

Going to San Diego comic con this weekend so I won't have time, otherwise I would've.

I too am getting sick of TM farming. I should really throw some more hp30% tm units on my farm group though. Most of the time I find myself wishing I had more of em. Reeeaaally wish I pulled more than one Rasler.

Yes, huge day 1 destiny player here on ps. Love it as I am a huge pvp'er. It needs a few changes in pve such as reduced cool downs for supers and abilities, I'd say about 30% lower than what it is now for pve and about 15% lower for pvp. They did a hell of a job and can't wait to dive in come 9/6. Whole week off work just for D2 launch.

Regarding TM's. It never stops. EVER. With every new batch of units released comes along new TM's that need farming. I've accepted my fate. Many a lapis have been sacrificed in the name of TM farming. The cycle will never end. I have a well rounded selection of TM that cover the atk, def/spr, and mag realms. I am however lacking in the lb regen department from a +lb per turn perspective. I do have a lot of lb % increase though but as you may or may not have seen from the robot trial, really doesn't mean shit if you cant generate crystals.

Played some of the closed beta on PS4, I'm enjoying the changes from the first game, which I put probably over 200 hours in. The re-balancing of the weapons and more types is most exciting to me. Though it seems Hand Cannons have been largely unchanged.

Nah I will wait to see how the game is once it's out. Destiny was a massive disappointment to me. That and OW two of my most anticipated games and thought both were trash tier.

Heh, I was thinking about maybe just using one or two tickets and hoping for an extra Cecil for the spare Excalibur but he was my free daily pull. Really can't complain!

Lyrian

/sigh

TFW you bring the gems vortex team into Stage 10 of story mode and don't realize it until you get to the final boss.

RIP 90 energy and a giancryst :/

Alkez

Going to San Diego comic con this weekend so I won't have time, otherwise I would've.

Ah awesome. I really want to go at some point but it's a bit more of a journey for me haha.

Yes, huge day 1 destiny player here on ps. Love it as I am a huge pvp'er. It needs a few changes in pve such as reduced cool downs for supers and abilities, I'd say about 30% lower than what it is now for pve and about 15% lower for pvp. They did a hell of a job and can't wait to dive in come 9/6. Whole week off work just for D2 launch.

Regarding TM's. It never stops. EVER. With every new batch of units released comes along new TM's that need farming. I've accepted my fate. Many a lapis have been sacrificed in the name of TM farming. The cycle will never end. I have a well rounded selection of TM that cover the atk, def/spr, and mag realms. I am however lacking in the lb regen department from a +lb per turn perspective. I do have a lot of lb % increase though but as you may or may not have seen from the robot trial, really doesn't mean shit if you cant generate crystals.

Truer words lol.

In regards to destiny completely agree. The cooldowns are way too long atm. I also think in regards to PvP health is too high and regen is too low. It seems like it's very much about looking for two on ones so right now it feels very difficult to go on a solo streak. Outside of the really bad lag issues I liked Destiny 1s PvP but I'm not really feeling this atm.

Played some of the closed beta on PS4, I'm enjoying the changes from the first game, which I put probably over 200 hours in. The re-balancing of the weapons and more types is most exciting to me. Though it seems Hand Cannons have been largely unchanged.

Yeah for sure. I was worried about subs as balancing them can be difficult. Either their range is too great making them op, or their damage is too low making them unusable. But they've done a good job of finding the right balance.

Nah I will wait to see how the game is once it's out. Destiny was a massive disappointment to me. That and OW two of my most anticipated games and thought both were trash tier.

I was playing some black ops 3 the other day and I realised why I like Overwatch outside of the interesting characters and lore. Because it's purely objective based no one sits in a damn corner lol. These kids on cod these days are just frustrating to play against. Are you going to get WW2?

In regards to Destiny 1 I joined at The Taken King and apparently that's where the game got good. I really enjoyed my time on that game personally. If the PvP hadn't been so laggy I would have kept playing.

Limit

Need suggestions on how my team should be shaping up. Current team is ExDeath, Warrior of light, rikku, (6 stars), cloud of darkness, and fina (5 stars). Just trying to get a better team to finish story. Still stuck there. Recently got Reberta, Emperor, and Refia. Refia looks like straight upgrade to Fina so I have been trying to level her. Reberta seems like a niche character. Not sure how to fit her. Emperor should replace cloud of darkness? Other noteworthy characters include Vaan, Ashe, Ace, Soleil, King, Firion, and Kefka.

Help me build a sensible team.

Xion86

Okay took me a few hours to kill Left Arm 4 times, then in one random attack Tilith and Rikku both got wiped for the very first time and was too hard to recover after that.

May need to rethink my strategy tomorrow.

Currently using Tilith, Rikku, Maxwell, Ling, Aileen, Aileen. Tempted to bring WoL back, or maybe even someone else, hmm.

robotuw

Need suggestions on how my team should be shaping up. Current team is ExDeath, Warrior of light, rikku, (6 stars), cloud of darkness, and fina (5 stars). Just trying to get a better team to finish story. Still stuck there. Recently got Reberta, Emperor, and Refia. Refia looks like straight upgrade to Fina so I have been trying to level her. Reberta seems like a niche character. Not sure how to fit her. Emperor should replace cloud of darkness? Other noteworthy characters include Vaan, Ashe, Ace, Soleil, King, Firion, and Kefka.

Replace ExDeath with Emperor or Ace, CoD with Reberta or Ashe, and Fina with Refia. Rikku also isn't needed for a lot of ordinary content, just the really hard stuff, so you could use her spot for another damage dealer. Reberta is a fine unit, especially if you can spark chain her jump with other units like Nine. Her best easily-available equipment is probably the zodiac spear from the last mog king if you got that, or the mog spear from the last raid. The most recent story also has an 80 atk spear from a quest line. Eventually you'll want to get her TM for her. Ace (if you enhance him) or Reberta have good fire imperils that would work well with Emperor's best move: Fire from Below. Ashe is going to be your best chainer, and a lot of other people have her so it would be good to bring friend Ashes along to chain with yours.

Valentus

Dude you have a stacked team in your unit list and you dont even notice.

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca must be in your party Asap. She is amazing
WoL is fine. Try to level him to 6 stars asap because he will save you so many times in the future.
Emperor is niche but for starters is a great wizzard, more than exdeath
Rikku is not much entry-level unit, but in the future she will be a safe number in your initial 5
Ace is the best mage in the game right now, but he needs his enhancements, so i dont think he will be useful to you.
Refia must be your main healer but you need to level her.

Basically with what you have your party should be

Refia
Ashe
Exdeath
Emperor
Warrior of Light

A very good magical team.

Good luck!

NomarTyme

Okay took me a few hours to kill Left Arm 4 times, then in one random attack Tilith and Rikku both got wiped for the very first time and was too hard to recover after that.

May need to rethink my strategy tomorrow.

Currently using Tilith, Rikku, Maxwell, Ling, Aileen, Aileen. Tempted to bring WoL back, or maybe even someone else, hmm.

How high of an attack is Maxwell? Aileen must be real low if Maxwell is on the team.

Managed to get my Rem to decent survivability along with good damage.

HP: 5,239 (Not fully potted yet, 120 HP to go)
MP: 446
ATK: 199
MAG: 810
DEF: 190
SPR: 470

I'm guessing with this setup I'll surpass at least 5,400 HP. Pretty decent compared to what she had prior, which was just ~3,800 HP with 880 MAG. Replacing those MAG 30% with Sage's Prajna makes a big difference.

Will plummet if I build her for Holy damage though. 762 DMG, so still not terrible.

NomarTyme

Managed to get my Rem to decent survivability along with good damage.

HP: 5,239 (Not fully potted yet, 120 HP to go)
MP: 446
ATK: 199
MAG: 810
DEF: 190
SPR: 470

I'm guessing with this setup I'll surpass at least 5,400 HP. Pretty decent compared to what she had prior, which was just ~3,800 HP with 880 MAG. Replacing those MAG 30% with Sage's Prajna makes a big difference.

Will plummet if I build her for Holy damage though. 762 DMG, so still not terrible.
Minde was similar to your stat. I don't recall her ever dying.

I was playing some black ops 3 the other day and I realised why I like Overwatch outside of the interesting characters and lore. Because it's purely objective based no one sits in a damn corner lol. These kids on cod these days are just frustrating to play against. Are you going to get WW2?

In regards to Destiny 1 I joined at The Taken King and apparently that's where the game got good. I really enjoyed my time on that game personally. If the PvP hadn't been so laggy I would have kept playing.

Yeah, I have already preordered and paid for the Steelbook version of WW2, pretty pumped about it. BO3 was okay, it was definitely the best of the current gen CoDs for sure. Hell, I only bought Infinite Warfare for MW:R which even though has been altered with some questionable things is still fun as it ever was in my opinion. Destiny is probably fine now, but I was so salty about it when it launched I've never gone back, I might at some point though just to check the story out. As for OW I have tried multiple times to get into it, but the gameplay is just boring to me. It is without a doubt my biggest purchase regret gaming wise that isn't a system. I bought that $200ish collector's edition, and literally played for about 2 hours the day it came out, and didn't touch it again for something like 8 months.

Valentus

Yep. 3 times already.

You may have better luck in the story event.

i was doing it for about... 30 times by now? 25 giancrysts and a lot of the other.

This is the best event ever (very expensive but fuck it, those lapis probably would have been spent on crappy summons)

Top Bottom