• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (TGS Trailer)

Akai

More developers need to use this thing called "color"...

DefectiveReject said:
Looks very nice indeed for an SD game, BUT seeing it makes me wish and hope that they delay Zelda to the Wii's successor

Why? It's not like Nintendo has decided to make only one more Zelda game before completely discontinuing the series...

batbeg

ffcc32.jpg

ffcc12.jpg

ffcc67.jpg

Environments are so lovely. Especially the first shot, so few games seem to really push for color or particular environmental diversity.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
batbeg said:
ffcc32.jpg

ffcc12.jpg

ffcc67.jpg

Environments are so lovely. Especially the first shot, so few games seem to really push for color or particular environmental diversity.

Now this reminds me of the GameCube Crystal Chronicles I knew and loved (the atmosphere, at least, hopefully the music is just as good.)

ffcc30.jpg

Is that Layle on the chocobo Wearing his beach clothes?

Looks like alternate costumes are pretty much confirmed to be changeable anywhere then, since other media shows Layle in the same area wearing his normal costume.

ffcc08.jpg

That background looks like it belongs in FFX for some reason.

ffcc68.jpg

Looks like trains are confirmed as ride-able.

Olaeh

Environments look absolutely breathtaking... o.o

My hype levels are off the charts with this one. I can't wait! Its also nice to know they want to do a sequel... I haven't even played this game yet, but I already know I want more!!

Amir0x

Banned
God i really even like the art direction of this game. It's really got a good, warm feel to it.

The fall scenery reminds of autumn in Pennsylvania. I hope it's got some good dungeons, that's my only concern. I don't want it to be a string of mini-games.

Azure J

That autumn screenshot feels so cozy for some reason. I'm gonna have so much fun just going around checking out these locales if they are all that detailed and earthy.

Amir0x

Banned
AzureJericho said:
That autumn screenshot feels so cozy for some reason. I'm gonna have so much fun just going around checking out these locales if they are all that detailed and earthy.

it's because it's relate-able, I think. It's not full of ion lightning or architecture that makes no goddamn sense.

Fimbulvetr said:
That background looks like it belongs in FFX for some reason.
Only way better
Prime Blue said:
SQUARE ENIX are the kings of texturing, the original FFCC was just as impressive back in the day.
I disagree, FFX was pretty lame regarding texturing, as was Kingdom Hearts 1; and FFXIII isn't looking that impressive on that front either, considering the hardware it's on.

FFXII was impressive considering they were all 16 color textures though, and FFCC GC and Kingdom Hearts 2 are impressive on that front, alright.

btw...

More images:

ffcc44.jpg

ffcc74.jpg

ffcc75.jpg

ffcc16.jpg

ffcc03.jpg

ffcc21.jpg

ffcc09.jpg

ffcc14.jpg

ffcc11.jpg

ffcc59.jpg

ffcc44.jpg

This is probably a bit late but, is his(her?) entire body crystallized?

ffcc09.jpg

ffcc32.jpg

Wouldn't it be awesome if those two were the same area with seasonal changes?

ffcc59.jpg

Stealing from Selkies, the irony.

Amir0x said:
I hope it's got some good dungeons, that's my only concern. I don't want it to be a string of mini-games.

The footage we've seen makes it look like there are dungeons. Whether or not they are well designed, we'll find out.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amir0x said:
it's because it's relate-able, I think. It's not full of ion lightning or architecture that makes no goddamn sense.

I don't know why, but your rant on FFXIII's architecture makes me laugh.

"IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE PEOPLE!"

I do not remember the original CC looking that bad.

Wha? That screenshot of the original CC still looks pretty good to me.

Edit: Oh, were you trolling the the Crystal bearer's screenshots? I'm confused now.

I think that i updated the game in my mind so that it still holds up to what the newer conventions are.

But i am sure that after 10 minutes with the game, i would not even notice.

As for CB, i am actually surprised at how good it looks and think it is a damn shame that i do not like adventure games.

A goddamn shame.

lorddarkflare said:
I think that i updated the game in my mind so that it still holds up to what the newer conventions are.

But i am sure that after 10 minutes with the game, i would not even notice.

As for CB, i am actually surprised at how good it looks and think it is a damn shame that i do not like adventure games.

A goddamn shame.

Well, you also have to remember that the original had the advantage of being top down with a far away camera most of the time, which helps things look better.

GWX

New shots looks amazing, but they need to lock this bitch at 30fps. 60fps would be the best actually, even more in a pointer-based game, but still... At least 30fps or NO BUY.

kidding, still buying it

lorddarkflare said:

A goddamn shame.
Think of it as a Action RPG then. ;)

The Adventure (without RPG) classification is only being used in US as a marketing plot after all.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
lostinblue said:
Think of it as a Action RPG then. ;)

The Adventure (without RPG) classification is only being used in US as a marketing plot after all.
Is S-E Japan in on it? They're calling it an "Attraction Adventure" game.

Tenbatsu

EatChildren said:
1up was right, this is one of (if not) the best looking games for the Wii. There's so much vibrant texture variety it really brings the environments to life.

I'm really looking forward to this.
I personally think MH3 looks way better. Environments in this are not as detailed as those in MH3, more vibrant yes I do agree.

^
Not from a fan point of view^_^
ffcc28.jpg

screenshot_23993.jpg

jj984jj said:
Is S-E Japan in on it? They're calling it an "Attraction Adventure" game.

Because they're trying to attract a larger audience, FF fans will already know wbout this and adventure game fans will hear about it for the very least.

Tenbatsu said:
I personally think MH3 looks way better. Environments in this are not as detailed as those in MH3, more vibrant yes I do agree.
Crystal Bearers manages to have detailed shadows on all characters/enemies though, even while on cities and stuff, while monster hunter 3 is stuck doing at most, OoT'ish shadows.

Monster Hunter 3 is clearly pushing it further though, and I'd say texturing in Crystal Bearers is good from an artistic standpoint, but it's not Monster Hunter 3/Metroid Prime 3 good; specially regarding resolution; which in itself shows that they could do way more with the hardware; also on the polycount side, the game is certainly not a polygon pusher, but it has a lot of attention to detail.

My point? The game looks stelar from an artistic standpoint, but I'd say they could do way better on the Wii if they had a budget comparable to a PS2 Final Fantasy; I'd love to see what this team could do with the budget of a FFXII, for instance. Because it's clear they didn't.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
All this praising of graphics for 3rd party Wii titles makes me uncomfortable.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
For a while there I was pretty worried this game would disappoint. However, my hype level has severely increased now.

I really want this game! :D I just hope there are no framerate problems.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kandinsky said:
Cant get over how fugly lilties are in this game, they are (were) my favorite race in CC universe, FU SE!

Dude they were the worst looking race in every preceding FFCC game by a longshot. They're still the worst in TCB but at least they're passable now.

batbeg

^ Nah, I'll agree with kandinsky here; the Lilties got fucked over bad in this installment.

Fimbulvetr said:
ffcc09.jpg

ffcc32.jpg

Wouldn't it be awesome if those two were the same area with seasonal changes?

It would be, but I doubt it very much so. Especially as the shot with the train heading out shows it heading towards green forest with the autumn-styled forest in the background:

ffcc67.jpg

Top Bottom