• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) : official website opens [Up: more screenshots]

wrowa

I'm slightly disappointed that they're apparently keeping the name. "Final Fantasy Explorers" sounds like a cheap F2P game for smartphones, really.

L~A

I'm slightly disappointed that they're apparently keeping the name. "Final Fantasy Explorers" sounds like a cheap F2P game for smartphones, really.

Still better than something cheesy like Final Fantasy Revelations or Final Fantasy Unleashed :p4

At least, "explorers" is directly linked to the game's story (the various explorers on the island, there to find crystals).

Bladenic

Wonder if there will be a Summoner job considering you fight giant summons. Love the sounds of "dozens of jobs" though.

ferr

Day 1. I wonder if we'll get a "final" version like we usually do that just come with all DLC OOB and no more DLC will follow. Kind of like Tactics Ogre and BD.

Dark_castle

mXKumhA.jpg
cPaqvlA.jpg

nmXux0l.jpg
Exiv2Xo.jpg

solar-flare-taiyo-ken-krillin-dbz.png

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So happy to hear that Sekito is finally working on a Final Fantasy, always wanted to see what else can he do after enjoyning Last Remnant's compositions.

My graphics/IQ/whatever standards are far bellow the might of GAF.

The bloom, the models, I don't care.

For my money, this game looks wonderful and I hope it is actually fun to play. That being said, I would like to see a lot of job options, beautiful locals, and nice music.

udivision

A low budget mess, don't they have faith in their product?

Fantasy Hunter deserves more.

Whether it's Pokemon, Monster Hunter, or a random new JRPG, for some companies the "goal" is to produce a game with the highest potential sales for the lowest development cost.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Dragon Quest get new trademarks month ago? Did something come out of that? Yup, it doesn't mean a lot.

Are you talking about Seeds of Salvation and Luminaries of the Legendary Line? Those were trademarked many months ago and are probably (most likely actually, the names fit) the subtitles for DQ2 and DQ3. If they're used they would be for the mobile releases of DQ2 and DQ3 which are coming soon.

Kandinsky

Some new info from Siliconera...

According to Square Enix, the characters we’ve seen thus far have been wearing the default equipment for their respective jobs. When you change equipment, your character’s appearance also changes with it.

HYPE!

More here.

as you collect new material to create better weapons and armor, you’ll be able to take on stronger monsters
No character leveling up please!

New interview: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/28056205.html

Just from a quick glance:
- Game is about 60% complete
- Focusing on pushing the hardware in terms of graphics
- Has a main story

I think these are the only new things which were mentioned. Pretty sure everything else has already been mentioned before in some way or another.
They have a lot of work to do then.

Vamphuntr

No character leveling up please!

This is the reason why I never cared for Monster Hunter. I need to gain experience to feel I'm progressing instead of killing the same monster again and again for drops. I guess this is probably why I love Soul Sacrifice while I usually can't stand MH clones.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This is the reason why I never cared for Monster Hunter. I need to gain experience to feel I'm progressing instead of killing the same monster again and again for drops. I guess this is probably why I love Soul Sacrifice while I usually can't stand MH clones.

Technically you level up through your equipment but I can see why you wouldn't like it. Much tedium.

JCX

Same here. I have MH3U, but I really dislike having to use weapons/armor crafting to progress. Very excited for this.

Jinko

Looks so pixelated/blurry :(, I'll need to see it in action before I consider buying it, not a huge fan of Monster Hunter.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So this is a MH-clone with FF branding right?

I hope it supports circle pad pro

Top Bottom