• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers (4 player action rpg, jobs, fight summons) announced for 3DS

Hm...hopeful. I never got a chance to really play Crystal Chronicles, but this looks neat.

Actually, on that note - what's the best game to try in that series if I want to get a taste? I vaguely remember the original needing a GBA in addition to the GCN (which turned me off a bit).

The GC original or Ring of Fates (DS), I think. Stay far away from the Wii game, though.

Damnit SE whenever you push me out you pull right back in with something else.

I'm very much interested in this game. White Mage class yoooo!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm thinking more of the Crystal Chronicles series. Where do you see the MonHun part people? :S

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
every single tips excite me, and usually FF is easier to the West than DQ...so...can I be excited?!?! CAN I?!??

Game doesn't look too good though, SE always gives Nintendo the short end of the stick.

dat bloom and circle shadows

Waiting for a trailer.

Hedge

Release in Japan - does this usually mean no plans at all for a western release already, or just undecided? I don't want to look forward to anything if it'll never come over. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Release in Japan - does this usually mean no plans at all for a western release already, or just undecided? I don't want to look forward to anything if it'll never come over. :p

Release in Japan. If does well. Release elsewhere 1-2 years later.

badgenome

In Square-Enix's case it usually means they're waiting to see if Nintendo will do all the work for them.

Oh, nice. I fully expected a Final Fantasy CC branded MH clone, guess they just dropped the CC part. Wonder who's developing. Lord of Arcana team?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bout time that SE got to copying a game like this. The concept definitely sounds like it could be interesting; MonHun in an FF setting. I just hope it has just as much if not more depth than MonHun while also having a better learning curve.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, nice. I fully expected a Final Fantasy CC branded MH clone, guess they just dropped the CC part. Wonder who's developing. Lord of Arcana team?

Both AoAs were outsourced to the company that also made Drakengard 3. This would probably be outsourced to the usual suspects as well.

TUSR

Banned
Let's not forget it's SE, so we will probably not get it here in NA, unless there's some phone version or it ends up on a home console. #rememberDQ7
At least when the sequel hits they will localize it for NA and will be surprised when it outsells Lightening Returns.

Bout time that SE got to copying a game like this. The concept definitely sounds like it could be interesting; MonHun in an FF setting. I just hope it has just as much if not more depth than MonHun while also having a better learning curve.

Wouldn't mind a detailed and varied environments as in MH3U, just more alive and maybe a town or two to explore. Maybe a plot. Also a homestead/home town building aspect as in BD.

Oregano

Both AoAs were outsourced to the company that also made Drakengard 3. This would probably be outsourced to the usual suspects as well.

I think someone looked it up in the past when we were discussing a CC 3DS game and a lot of the designers of the DS Crystal Chronicles games worked on the Lords games too so it is a possibility.

Top Bottom