• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm not quite sure what all these upgrade materials are for yet. I try to upgrade my 3* javelin for example and I only see other 1* and 2* items in my list. What the heck are the adamantite things I'm getting from the daily dungeon for?

Flick down, if you're not. It's not a smooth scroll to see them, you have to really drag the window down to see your other weapons/armor/upgrade materials.

Stider

Today's event dungeon is really nice for equipment upgrades. Too bad I spent all my gil and can't upgrade anymore :(

You can just sell them for gil, you get 250 for the level 1 mats. That's what I'm doing to build up my gold. If you can pass the elite for Mako reactor 1 you get 3500 for the completion bonus, a lot more challenging than the normal dungeon though.

elty

I have OCD on energy and I hate myself if I waste them, but with this regen rate looks like I will be wasting a lot.

TheExodu5

Banned
Kind of disappointed with the story. Final Fantasy IV was great until they completely skipped over Mysidia and Mount Ordeals. It just goes straight from Fabul to Baron Castle.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a benefit to equipping title specific gear to title specific characters? Will any FF VII gear give a bonus to Cloud, or is it only the Buster Sword?

garath

What party are you guys running? So many cool characters I want to use. Kain, Cloud, Tidus. But my Soldier is already pretty strong and the main hero is pretty good with the maxed 3* javelin.

Einbroch

Banned
What party are you guys running? So many cool characters I want to use. Kain, Cloud, Tidus. But my Soldier is already pretty strong and the main hero is pretty good with the maxed 3* javelin.

Tyro is my healbot/magic user, but with a sword for that sweet autobattle.

Then it's Tidus, Kain, Cloud, with Wakka on the backline.

Z3M0G

Thanks for the OT! Love this game! The only phone game I almost always play with headphones on!

I already "finished" the current story content, it doesn't take long. But now I'm leveling up the rest of my characters, upgrading my gear, and doing the new daily activities.

Tj0emFG.jpg

wow. First time I see that the "user" reviews for a mobile game are high

Before going World Wide (03-25-2015, 01:46 PM, Canada Only):

5 star - 916
4 star - 170
3 star - 45
2 star - 20
1 star - 31

After going World Wide (Now):

5 star - 4551
4 star - 795
3 star - 162
2 star - 52
1 star - 95

One of the best reviewed games I've seen, I'd say. It's the real deal.

Also, about the Buster Sword launch event:

From 8:00 PM 3/11 PST (4:00 AM 3/12 UTC) to 5:59 PM 3/31 PST (1:59 AM 4/1 UTC) this 5 Star Buster Sword (VII) has an increased Star5 drop rate relative to other 5Star equipment, and, after this period, it will decrease to a lower 5Star drop rate.

Also posting what I posted from the other thread:

WARNING

This seems to always be happening to me... and I better stop testing it since I just lost a 5/5 Max Lvl 2 star weapon...

If you Upgrade a weapon fully, to "Lv CAP", and then do the same thing for the same type of weapon, the previous "Lv CAP" weapon of that type is lost!

- I had a 5/5 Lv CAP 2-Star Wind Spear (V)
- I upgraded a 1/3 1-Star Wind Spear (V) by feeding it two more of the same 1-Star spear
- My 5/5 Lv CAP 2-Star spear was lost!! Replaced by the new 3/3 Lv CAP 1-Star spear...

It appears I can only hold 1 Lv CAP item of each type at once... any previous is lost after creating a new one. Even of different Star levels.

My buddy with the same Galaxy S3 phone says this hasn't happened to him yet, but I wonder if he may be mistaken... it keeps happening to me over and over.

I'm gonna grind a basic item and retest this... to see if it still happens... has anyone else encountered this yet? My buddy just tried it on his phone, but it didn't happen to him... however the two identical items (both 3/3 Lv Cap) were actively equipped. That may block the unwanted delete...

Edit: Looks like this is now fixed! Maybe they saw my 1 Star review and corrected it on the server end... time to flip that back to a 5 Star :D

Meier

Dammit, Vargas keeps wrecking me. :\ Used a second mythril.. hopefully this is enough. The bears did like 700+ damage multiple times, wtf!

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I'm enjoying this a lot more than I expected to.

If this is the type of game I can expect from a Nintendo/DeNA partnership, I'm all for it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tyro is my healbot/magic user, but with a sword for that sweet autobattle.

Then it's Tidus, Kain, Cloud, with Wakka on the backline.

Tyro couldn't cut it as my healer once I got to elite. Kinda sucks we don't get a dedicated healer other than the white mage yet.

Mknzy

I'm using Tyro as a fighter mage, Rydia as a 2nd caster, then Kain, Tidus, and Wakka for pure physical damage.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Kain, Tidus, Wakka, Cloud, and White Mage.

Wakka is obviously the weak point. Might try swapping him out for Rydia or Tyco to have blk mgk.

On iPhone you can turn on the widget by pulling down your notification bar, and your current stamina and time until next summon appears under the "today" category. Kind of cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I did a rare draw this morning and got a 4* Crystal Armor - not bad.

I'm really liking this game and the F2P elements seem pretty minimized at least for now. We'll see if that changes by the time I've completed all of the regular and elite stuff and have to depend on the daily challenges for new stuff.

Also - the character roster on the official strategy guide site seems limited. Is that everyone they've put into the game so far? I assume that more are coming later if that's the case?

garath

Kain, Tidus, Wakka, Cloud, and White Mage.

Wakka is obviously the weak point. Might try swapping him out for Rydia or Tyco to have blk mgk.

I don't think I like Wakka. He seems the weakest of my party despite having a 2* chakram. My 1* dagger Kain is stronger than him by a longshot.

I'm going to swap in Rydia for him as I just got her. That'll make my party:

Tidus
Cloud
Kain
Hero
Rydia

We'll see how this goes.

MicH

I don't think I like Wakka. He seems the weakest of my party despite having a 2* chakram. My 1* dagger Kain is stronger than him by a longshot.

I'm going to swap in Rydia for him as I just got her. That'll make my party:

Tidus
Cloud
Kain
Hero
Rydia

We'll see how this goes.
This is the team I'm using. Cloud and Titus are definitely the strongest units for me right now. Rydia is quite weak unfortunately

I've gotten three 3* pills and two 4* pulls so far

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also - the character roster on the official strategy guide site seems limited. Is that everyone they've put into the game so far? I assume that more are coming later if that's the case?

Spoilers about character availability in the current US game:
The following are the characters available in the current US game: Protag, Tidus, Warrior (FF1), White Mage, Black Mage, Cloud, Wakka, Kain, Rydia, Hunter, Bard

There are ~50 characters available in the JPN version that are not available in the US version and will be added over time.

Icon1c

Banned
Besides the fact that the Hero can use everything, why should I even use him? His stats are really crappy compared to the others. Would be better to just replace his ass.

garath

Besides the fact that the Hero can use everything, why should I even use him? His stats are really crappy compared to the others. Would be better to just replace his ass.

I'm leaning that way myself. Except right now he can use cure and has a bad ass 3* javelin. He's still packing a big punch compared to what I might replace him with.

MicH

Spoilers about character availability in the current US game:
The following are the characters available in the current US game: Protag, Tidus, Warrior (FF1), White Mage, Black Mage, Cloud, Wakka, Kain, Rydia, Hunter

There are ~50 characters available in the JPN version that are not available in the US version and will be added over time.
I think I got
Bard
too

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The fact that he can attack decently and use cure is somewhat useful, since you probably don't want to give up two attacking slots for magic (say you take Rydia and White Mage). But yeah his stats aren't AAA++++ tier. He's also got really great HP numbers, so good for those attrition battles.

I think I got
Bard
too

Yep. My omission.

Z3M0G

I find his limit break pretty awesome... and being able to use everything is a pretty big plus...

I have a 5 Star sword that I had assigned to him for most of the game and he destroyed with it (anyone would I guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom