• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Oh shit 5/11 I wonder if I got any Onion Kn-

ACNqYAB.jpg

Falk.jpg

Balphon

Shantotto and Fujin proved to be a good combo for Hein. Fujin's MC3 sure is taking forever though.

Oh shit 5/11 I wonder if I got any Onion Kn-

If it helps it's a great robe and Word of Kindness is one of the best SSB heals.

Imperil Lightning for Desch ain't bad either.

friz898

d140 and d160 down pretty easily at this point.

Did both of the new raids. The d160 was destroyed. The d200 or whatever took a while but between my deployment tactics and some guy doing work with OK's OSB, it was pretty safe.

Had FFX Torment down to one more hit twice, so both times I didn't exit out fast enough. I'll get it soon though. Tidus Burst and Terra Burst make short work of Geowhatever.

oh and 100gem pull was a 4star dupe trash. Crystal Helm from FFVI.

Balphon

Crystal Helm (VI) is probably the best 4* item in the game. It has 54 attack and 192 defense reforged and with synergy; that's competitive with 5*+/5*++ bracers.

friz898

Crystal Helm (VI) is probably the best 4* item in the game. It has 54 attack and 192 defense reforged and with synergy; that's competitive with 5*+/5*++ bracers.

Yes, my pair does get used once in a while, they are reforged to 7star. But it's dupe, so to me it's trash once I have one item maxed out.

RivalCore

Garuda is fucking nuts. I lost three people in the first round between the AOE attacks and his ridiculous speed.

Will return later.

Paches

Finally beat my first 250 Torment dungeon, the Tactics one that just came out, mostly because I had stupid luck during the 2nd year anny on the FFT pulls. Have both Orlandeau and Agrias OSBs and Firions BSB (used for getting the holy attack on adds) and OSB. Dumped about 6-7 OSBs on Weigraf and still was coming in close with both Magic Blink from the Firion BSB and from Ovelias SSB. Kind of taught me you need stupid synergy to beat these things after only making an honest attempt at the FF7 (but couldn't beat Gi in 250, only 200).

scy

Budgeted up to three pulls for OK BSB:

100 gem - 3*whydoIkeepdoingthispull
1/11 - OK BSB.

Well... okay then.

Yeah I have a fully evolved arc robe. That thing is great for a holy damage dealer. Not so useful until you get it to +++.

I used the mc3 on cloud of darkness, since I pulled her bsb with 100 gems and it is insanely easy to level her this week. Was not on the top,of my list, but will get her done eventually and now i can get her to 99 before the next cast of characters comes in on Thursday. Still have a lot of stam or torments if I bother yet. Such a tedious pain, particularly if hit and run is needed.

Pejo

Well, I got 1 OK mote from the first time I ran through the 15 stamina per round xp dungeon, and I've run it like 25 times since then and not seen a second. I just want one more so I can open 5* support. Whyyyy.

Is it a higher drop rate from the higher XP dungeon? I've just been running this one to maximize my number of runs and chances.

Rubenov

Well, I got 1 OK mote from the first time I ran through the 15 stamina per round xp dungeon, and I've run it like 25 times since then and not seen a second. I just want one more so I can open 5* support. Whyyyy.

Is it a higher drop rate from the higher XP dungeon? I've just been running this one to maximize my number of runs and chances.

Yes! Higher difficulty has increased drop rates for the motes.

I've gotten a lot from the higher xp, like 3 in 8 runs. I had like a 90 percent chance from mote Dungeon if I didnt s-l from bad RNG. I had 0 percent when I beat it with s-l. Mote is the best way to go but I want xp.

I just need 1 more to go with my other 3 on hand. Dont have the motes anyways to fill in 4 missing sections.

I'm pleased for this batch of multiplayer raids I ignored my concerns and bought along Panelo (I was thinking to myself Mog has reverse wall, Tyro has regular wall who would want Panelo?) though I think I might have bemused my raid partners with the entry damage Evanescence was doing (plus +15% MAG/MND is not so big espeically if Raines is in play*) as nobody bought magic breakdown dance. Not even the Tyros (it's almost like most people don't know full break and magic breakdown stack and that full break is smaller than breakdowns).

*-It was enough of a difference for a Maria (who refused to use command 2 to buff MAG :( ) to enable her burst command 1 to achieve max hits.

Still I had to be cautious using it as being in burst mode while wanting to wake somebody up or get them out of confuse (oh god we nearly lost Apocolypse to this) is not great.

The Ultimate+ was a right laugh and a breeze though. Two Shantotto (one mine) and neither of them got to use their burst because they waited for a lightning weak phase which did not happen because the boss died too quickly (it got one barrier shift off and did not go to lightning).

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, I screwed up and thought redemption close was WoFF event close.

Missed two ultimates in the past two months, lol.

Finally took out torment ii cm. What a beating.
Leon darkborn Ssb
Minwi Ssb
Emperor bsb
Gordon bsb and boostga Ssb
Josef ice haste Ssb

Rw wall

Basically using two sbs to hit target scores and chain biora for the third. Had to turtle while Gordon wrathed upbtwo final bsbs to take down ice. Ridiculous.

Rubenov

Leon darkborn Ssb
Minwi Ssb
Emperor bsb
Josef ice haste Ssb

Rw wall

Basically using two sbs to hit target scores and chain biora for the third. Had to turtle while Gordon wrathed upbtwo final bsbs to take down ice. Ridiculous.

With that limited team I imagine it wasn't easy. Congrats!

Leon darkborn Ssb
Minwi Ssb
Emperor bsb
Josef ice haste Ssb

Rw wall

Impressive! I don't think i would have managed it without Maria. I did it just this morning too actually:

Maria BSB + OSB (Kerplode for the Ice Giant)
Minwu SSB
Gordon SSB
Leila SSB
Emperor (no soul breaks :( but i wanted a second healer).

Anustart

180 dif boss went down quick with luneth and cid 7 burst, fang wind ssb. Toughest part was surviving opening dps salvo from that bird. HAD to s/l quite a few times.

Balphon

I'm leaning toward not pulling on FF11 this week. Rare synergy, and nothing on it seems that special. What's more, I do happen to already have one of the prizes, Shantotto's BSB.

Lion's burst is one of the best support BSBs, and everything else on it is pretty good.

The next FFXI event is better obviously but that's months and months off.

friz898

I'm slowly noticing that I keep "picking the same people" based on their relics, and it doesn't seem to matter about Synergy, it seems without meaning too, I have created my A team.

The only difference is I have such good Holy and Wind, that I'd be silly not to change it around for those fights. I realize this is what 99% of the rest of the veteran players do, but I never predicted I would focus around relics so much.

That current core team is basically always:

Aphinaud, I am in freaking love with Deployment Tactics. It was also beautiful on the two top tier raids.
Relm - Her Medica/Last Stand is just something I can't part with. Better than a Medica/Blink.
Mog - He may eventually get the boot, but Multibreak plus Heroic Harmony SSB (reverse wall) is a must until someday that I get Native Wall.

The Last two slots vary. Usually one will be a dps depending on the realm or synergy. The other will be a second medica with a blink. For that I have Rosa, Oveila, and Selphie.

I have Edge's Last Stand/Blink/Hastega SSB, and it seems pretty good, but he has such low utility, I can never seem to work him in.

In other news. All d200 torments done. All mote dungeons done. All Nightmare except for about half of the final fights are done. All raids done.

Anustart

Yay, bonus 10 mythril tomorrow, 13 for the daily, 10 or so for new event. I'll be sitting at 62 mythril.

Now the true test of being able to save will be upon me. Stay strong, extreme fest is right around the corner....

Nevermind, extreme fest looks like it doesn't have squall bsb2. Someone said it did.

Where are the day 3 eggs?

Edit:

Final list

1. In the "I don't have any good equipment." page of the Novice Archives.
2. Movies page of the Archive near the bottom middle.
3. Hall of Rites main page, on Dr. Mog
4. Gysahl Exchange page on the gysahl icon
5. On the Invite Friend page on the "Inviting Friends" bar

WarAdept

The first set not so much as they just fall over in a few turns, but i always look forward to Ultimate and Apocalypse multiplayer :)

I just did a Apoc run with an OK spamming Wrath.

Thought he was going to chain Sword and Spell.

Proceeded to spam Onion Slice.

I hate PUGs.

friz898

I received ssome unexpected Easter iTunes cash from the Wife.

Looking to do a single pull. (Edit: an 11 pull of course!)

What do you guys suggest I wait for? I'm generally only an 100gem and 25 half-price puller this year.

I could use Native Wall, although ...ya.

Mostly good on medicas, have 7 or 8 different ones.

Have both of Aphi's. I have one of Cid R's SSB's, but neither of his good ones.

The stuff you guys always talk about I don't have is Maria's thing, Cid's stuff, an OK's stuff.

I have good synergy on everything for the most part as far as realm's go.

On elements, I seem to be lacking on Earth (have Tifa's) and Water (only have Tidus Burst). I'm great on Holy, Wind, Fire, Dark, and Wind. Soso on Lightning/Ice.

It's burning a hole in my pocket, but if there is like a really good one still up, or come in a week, I can hold out and not die saving it.

Thanks Tips!

Fake Edit, Afterthought: I could use it on FF11? I mean, I don't have a single FF11 item and we're getting some new characters I hear. The only thing is, if you folks are gonna tell me we have like 1 FF11 event coming, and then nothing so far in JP, then <shrug> what's the point.

Top Bottom