• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

Oh okay, you mentioned it in regards to honing 5* abilities with the new Major orb drops, so it sounded like you mistakenly thought it was a 5* ability. Just didn't want you to farm a bunch of Wind orbs thinking you could hone Sky High with them. Carry on.

Nah all good, I can see how they'd be confused. I'm basically the hone lord of this community, don't think anyone else here has my amount of honeage. Love me some 5* ability spam.

Man I really hope we don't skip the 30th anniversary event when it gets round to us in 6 months because Tyro's new USB2 they're giving away as part of it is rad as heck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxlssTyVEY

WTF. It has Hastega + Pentabuff (party +Atk/Def/Mag/Res/Mind) on top of 17 hits.

friz898

Yeah, beat it with luneth and cid, ok, tyro and ysh.

Lost 2 medals for damage taken but mastered.
Might be able to do the 2 250, b but no way I'm doing 10. Geo gave me a run for my money at 200. I have no water attacks except rikku burst and that thing is junk.

That one was one of the harder 200's for me as well.

I had Tidus Burst which WAS good, and Then Terra's burst has a 4-shot water as a command. The other 3 slots were pretty much rotating medica, last stand, and blink.

I may try that FF7 250, I have Zidane's burst, Alphi's burst, and several other soul breaks with Wind element.

WarAdept

How many 5* abilities do you have at R3 or higher?

29 x R3 5* abilities. 3 are at R4 (Ultra Cure/Bahamut/Tiamat)

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Chain Stonega
Chain Thundaga
Chain Biora
Ultra Cure (R4)
Bahamut (R4)
Tiamat (R4)
Thundering Twinstrike
Blazing Twinstrike
Englufing Twinstrike
Full Charge
Full Break
Power Chain
Dragoon Jump
Lightning Dive
Meteor Crush
Fires Within
Thief's Revenge
Dash and Slash
Poison Leaves
Saint Cross
Gaia's Cross
Smouldering Fire
Raging Storm
Multi Break
Rapid Fire
Dark Zone
Sapphire Shot

friz898

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Chain Stonega
Chain Thundaga
Chain Biora
Ultra Cure (R4)
Bahamut (R4)
Tiamat (R4)
Thundering Twinstrike
Blazing Twinstrike
Englufing Twinstrike
Full Charge
Full Break
Power Chain
Dragoon Jump
Lightning Dive
Meteor Crush
Fires Within
Thief's Revenge
Dash and Slash
Poison Leaves
Saint Cross
Gaia's Cross
Smouldering Fire
Raging Storm
Multi Break
Rapid Fire
Dark Zone
Sapphire Shot

It's almost like you play an entirely different game than me. I mean, your spell lineup lol. All my 4* are maxed, but 5 star most are at r2 so 4 uses. Meteor is r3, and I think i have 1 or 2 more at rank 3.

Caim

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Chain Stonega
Chain Thundaga
Chain Biora
Ultra Cure (R4)
Bahamut (R4)
Tiamat (R4)
Thundering Twinstrike
Blazing Twinstrike
Englufing Twinstrike
Full Charge
Full Break
Power Chain
Dragoon Jump
Lightning Dive
Meteor Crush
Fires Within
Thief's Revenge
Dash and Slash
Poison Leaves
Saint Cross
Gaia's Cross
Smouldering Fire
Raging Storm
Multi Break
Rapid Fire
Dark Zone
Sapphire Shot

How is Poison Leaves?

I have pretty much the same hones minus Tiamat, Chain spells (R2 at the moment) and the twinstrikes.

Anustart

Make that 7 r3. Just upped the dual hit water spell blade seeing as I'm super weak in water.

Balthier gonna go nuts with his 6 star super soaker gun.

Anustart

Anyone have a good site with like upcoming event items? Kung pow bak fucking sucks. Hey, here's a picture of an item! No we won't tell you what it does! Or another site shows the item entries but not bsb moves.

Also I like how kungbackpack "strategy" is just whatever doctor mog says.

WarAdept

How is Poison Leaves?

I have pretty much the same hones minus Tiamat, Chain spells (R2 at the moment) and the twinstrikes.

Good high damage ability. More or less Dash and Slash but poison element (which is good because physical doesn't have any other high level poison damage option right now) Super stable element, rarely resisted (but on the flip side, rarely advantaged) and Thieves usually get Daggers as their weapon of choice so it helps get the damage bonus.

Animation is nice and fast, like a reverse Dash and Slash with the Thief doing a backflip.

Leila "Signature Skill" if you have her BSB.

Rubenov

List of my *5 R3 and above abilities below:

Meteor (R3)

That's it! Got relics for days though. I guess I'm at a disadvantage in the orbs department due to starting late (I began playing last January), while at the same time I had the advantage of getting good relics thanks to power creep and lots of beginner mythril (and some whaling).

I have all cleared Torments (both difficulties), as well as all Cid missions I've had access to.

Edit: Forgot Ultra Cure @R3

29 x R3 5* abilities.

Fires Within
Dash and Slash
Smouldering Fire
Raging Storm

Nice list! I have 28 r3 and 2 at r4 (bahamut and full cure)

Flare
Meteor

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Chain Stonega
Chain Thundaga
Chain Biora
Ultra Cure (R4)
Bahamut (R4)
Ultima Weapon
Tiamat
Tornado Strike
Thundering Twinstrike
Blazing Twinstrike
Englufing Twinstrike
Full Charge
Full Break
Power Chain
Dragoon Jump
Lightning Dive
Meteor Crush
Thief's Revenge
Poison Leaves
Saint Cross
Gaia's Cross
Multi Break
Bio Grenade
Rapid Fire
Dark Zone
Sapphire Shot

I also have entrust at r2, which will stay there. Dire heal I need 4 more MBO's to r3. I wish I pounded the Dark Orb day during the festival more b/c they are a real bottleneck for me, those ninja skills are a major want...

edit: no regrets for any of those, they have all served me well, except for the leaves, too new to do much with yet.

Balphon

I have 30 or so 5* abilities at R2 or R3. Think the only one I have at R4 is Ultra Cure.

Thinking about giving a hone to Dire Heal but not sure when I'd bring it with or instead of Dark Zone.

Anustart

Was feeling off because couldn't do the 3 cm. Did a pull on banner 1 because I have ok bsb already and a lot of whammy on banner 2.

Got arc and cloud of darkness bursts.

Not upset that I pulled.

First radiant shield and first dark burst. Also a burst that might play well with penalty snipe. Always up for more mage relics.

Only downside is is arc burst I feel is less useful than his ssb heal. Weak entry heal because it has weak entry damage, only plus I guess is ultra heal on command 1.

friz898

I pulled today on the newest banner using combination of gems and mythril.

1/11 OK Gaunts, which I just got one yesterday so now it's a 6er.

But now I'm regretting it, not for what I got, but the fact that I thought I was going to get a mythril for every new daily cleared. I rarely use a mythril to refresh, but now that I can't, I want to refresh worst than ever.

Though I couldn't imagine people who spend gems to refresh. Ah well.

Syntsui

Did Onion Motes stop dropping or what? I did like three full dungeons already and not a single drop, I just want to be done with this shitty dungeon and do strictly dailies.

Krille sure is a girl of surprises. First her record spheres has a really cheap 4* bard unlock and now I find she can equip shields which is totally not what I expected.

I just cheesed the FFIII Ultimate with Cid Raines burst (of course). Hecatoncheir was dead 5 seconds after he showed up (as timed with doom) but would you expect any less from three party members doing over 9k a hit with their burst abilities (and two of these being instant cast, sorry Golbez you just had to use your burst to take all the damage in the fight...like all 2k worth of it...would have been even quicker if I did no white mage).

Now I look on reddit and feel I should have tried Golbez solo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/65t4m5/swolobez_time/

friz898

Did Onion Motes stop dropping or what? I did like three full dungeons already and not a single drop, I just want to be done with this shitty dungeon and do strictly dailies.

I was getting 1 per every 4 kills on Mote dungeon Ahriman.

Wind Weakness so Alphi burst and Zidane burst made the fight easy.

I ended up getting 5 motes from him.

Soul breaks might be alright but I've yet to be impressed by their 5 star skills.
Meteor Crush is a self Shout that works beautifully in mixed teams using OK BSB or any other ATK/Other buff, and Fires Within is a two hit drain strike.

And the 6* Lifebane is slept on by too many, particularly if you have the high end Monk BSBs like Zell, Master, Raijin, and/or Refia. (Also the 4* Peircing Strike has some neat niche uses.)

Monks are great. This bad rep is a holdover from the early meta that doesn't apply anymore.

scy

Eh, Refia's amazing.

How many events away are we from Cloud's USB? I have about 230 mythril saved up so far but feel the itch to pull.

To put it in perspective, it should be the second normal event in June but Extreme Fest starts up right before it.

Tidd

Thanks to Persona 5 I took a little break from FFRK. Missing various things and even daily mythril but somehow I will reach 50 Mythril tonight. Will do one pull on the OK banner for his BSB... Can't wait to get another sword and armor for him or the wrong gauntlets.

Anustart

Changed my roaming warrior to level 1 gladiator, no equips. ALL OR NOTHING hit with 8 attack.

Gonna be a monster. Currently have 96 followers. How many will I lose by friday?

Balphon

Meteor Crush is a self Shout that works beautifully in mixed teams using OK BSB or any other ATK/Other buff, and Fires Within is a two hit drain strike.

And the 6* Lifebane is slept on by too many, particularly if you have the high end Monk BSBs like Zell, Master, Raijin, and/or Refia. (Also the 4* Peircing Strike has some neat niche uses.)

Monks are great. This bad rep is a holdover from the early meta that doesn't apply anymore.

Lifebane also synergizes very well with Prishe's BSB for anybody pulling today.

The current state of Monk 5* abilities is pretty good, as you say. Monks tend to have interesting and relatively unique support-focused SSBs, as well.

Lifebane also synergizes very well with Prishe's BSB for anybody pulling today.

The current state of Monk 5* abilities is pretty good, as you say. Monks tend to have interesting and relatively unique support-focused SSBs, as well.
Yeah, Monks are great.

Love your Monks.

Anustart

Yeah, Monks are great.

Love your Monks.

Screw your monks!

Weeps I corner because blew all my mythril a ways back going for zell bsb.

Do have tifa bsb, haven't had a chance to use yet though.

Self shout is good and all, but be over the soft cap after first boost anyway. I had the skill that does 5 hits and says it crits a lot, but almost always only landed 1, if any crits.

Tidd

We already saw the animation for the new Tyro USB but look how you will get it:

The FF30th Anniversary Dungeon will be set at difficulty 30. Bosses will be from the beginning of each game.

Additionally, you can obtain Tyro's 2nd Ultra Soul Break by clearing the last boss of the Anniversary Dungeon!
Tyro's new USB will do 17xST physical dmg, party ATK/MAG/MND/DEF/RES small up and Haste!
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe..._followup_info_on_ff30th_anniversary_dungeon/

What a nice gift.

Top Bottom