• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Caim

AA54r9N.png

a.k.a. the Shantotto starter pack.

Syntsui

I'm getting a weird error trying to start the game, this message comes up ''Error on Google Account: Your account or this application weren't authorized by Google Play Services''

Rubenov

I'm getting a weird error trying to start the game, this message comes up ''Error on Google Account: Your account or this application weren't authorized by Google Play Services''

Happening to me as well. It happens every once in a while. Best solution is just to wait it out.

Ahnez

Back-end problem that happens from time to time.. Its happening to me too, the only thing we can do is wait

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going through VIII event withdrawal. We haven't had one in so long and checking the upcoming it's still 4 events away. At least it gives me time to hoard.

friz898

I'm going through VIII event withdrawal. We haven't had one in so long and checking the upcoming it's still 4 events away. At least it gives me time to hoard.

The game wasn't bad, but the first time I played it, it seemed like I could draw whenever I wanted and be op'ed. So I then looked it up on Gamefaqs back 1990-whatever it was, and all I remember is drawing from some kind of catepillar monsters in the forest next to a major city that was maybe one-half through the game? I effectively broke the game for myself and although I finished it legit, I've never played it since because of it.

I have always loved Witches of Succession for music though, one of my favorites.

Edit: I think I remember drawing Haste repeatedly and that's how I got overpowered.

I had the same problem ~90 minutes ago. Step 2 fixed it for me and I'm playing again now. ٩(˘◡˘ )
Uggggggg! Problem came back and I can't fix it at all now. Gonna have to wait and hope it resolves itself. I was in the middle of doing the III bonus battles. At least my Stamina is just about empty.

This seems to happen every few weeks and there's nothing to do but wait a couple of hours until whatever server issue it is gets resolved on Google's side. I'm half convinced that the various 'methods' for re-syncing your account just come down to coincidence. When it decides to work again, it'll work.

Wazzy

Banned
The game wasn't bad, but the first time I played it, it seemed like I could draw whenever I wanted and be op'ed. So I then looked it up on Gamefaqs back 1990-whatever it was, and all I remember is drawing from some kind of catepillar monsters in the forest next to a major city that was maybe one-half through the game? I effectively broke the game for myself and although I finished it legit, I've never played it since because of it.

I have always loved Witches of Succession for music though, one of my favorites.

Edit: I think I remember drawing Haste repeatedly and that's how I got overpowered.

Honestly there's so many ways you can break VIII. The card system(Triple Triad) ties into aa specific GF ability that allows you to mod and create skills through the cards which then make an entire mini-game larger and more connected to the battle system. For me, I love the options available in VIII since it essentially is broken to the point that you can play it like a job system.

Then there is the gorgeous music and artstyle and I just adore the game.

Caim

5 events after this one will be the next one which is focused on Laguna.

I'm assuming he's finally getting his OSB or something.

Balphon

Big new items in the next FFVIII event are Selphie USB, Squall BSB2, and Irvine BSB, all of which are excellent. They're all on the same banner, too.

Other banner has Laguna's BSB and is otherwise mostly a recurrence of Fujin and Seifer's stuff from the last event.

Wazzy

Banned
Big new items in the next FFVIII event are Selphie USB, Squall BSB2, and Irvine BSB, all of which are excellent. They're all on the same banner, too.

Other banner has Laguna's BSB and is otherwise mostly a recurrence of Fujin and Seifer's stuff from the last event.
Yup. I want Squall's BSB the most so I'm hoarding for it.
5 events after this one will be the next one which is focused on Laguna.

I'm assuming he's finally getting his OSB or something.
Yeah I just really want the event sooner lol

Honestly there's so many ways you can break VIII. The card system(Triple Triad) ties into aa specific GF ability that allows you to mod and create skills through the cards which then make an entire mini-game larger and more connected to the battle system. For me, I love the options available in VIII since it essentially is broken to the point that you can play it like a job system.

Then there is the gorgeous music and artstyle and I just adore the game.

The reason I like 8 so much is because there are so many ways to break the game. My personal fave us playing tons of Triple Triad and refining OP magic while still on Balamb, getting no encounters junctioned and beating the game at level 8 =P

Victrix

*beard*
This is baffling, I'm getting constant stalls and connection errors on 5ghz wifi on my new phone, but 2.4ghz is fine... and only in ffrk. Everything else is fine on 5ghz o_O

Game used to be flawless on my new phone, now I get lag and 5-10 secs freeze. Getting unplayable... I also always need to go to my list of open apps then back to the game to set the screen proper. Nothing better than pressing on the RW icon and your character defends. Getting tired of all this!

Rubenov

Just honed that new 6 hit ice ability and then realized it was witch only. Fml.

Oh man. It's designed to be used with the Ice LCSB... which we don't have yet.

On the plus side, I've been doing 6 x 9,999 with its counterpart the Thunder witch ability, using Shantotto's LCSB (usually need her enlightning and a faithga or two to get here, depending if the target is debuffed).

So whenever the ice LCSB comes around you can try to go for it.

Pejo

Been grinding that III xp stage so much for Onion motes, I almost forgot to try the U+'s before the expired. That one with all the little slime creatures before you even fight the boss was super super annoying.

Anyways, I managed to beat both and got my next MC3, and OK was the MVP so much. I had Xande down to about 1/8 of his HP, and then he cast a ultimate meteor and did a follow up AoE attack, killing 2/5 of my team, and OK had just used Full Break. Luneth by a miracle got his interrupt to proc off of his BSB command 1, and OK followed up with his USB to finish him off. It was pretty damn exciting.

Now back to grinding the xp stage, I just need 1 more mote to get 5* white magic abilities, for the "just in case" scenarios.

friz898

Morning Folks.

Beat 3 more Nightmares last night. Pretty easily too.

I guess I should try a d250 Torment before they're gone.

Edit: Didn't someone say that this event is only 1 part? Do we have anything tonight?

Syntsui

I hope you guys pulled those effect mitigation relics, because the new meta is a reality already and without it you are fucked.

friz898

I hope you guys pulled those effect mitigation relics, because the new meta is a reality already and without it you are fucked.

Duly noted.

To be a Devils Advocate here, I didn't ever learn/use Reta meta. Or even use the concept of A-teams until just a month ago, and I was close to where most are in this thread.

That's my way of saying, we'll figure it out.

Now I can enjoy the Mandragoras with 3 other people :( I don't have Game crasher aka Tyro USB but I have Ashe BSB and I know if I pull I'll get more junk for Sabin :( or worse...

Speaking of relics I did an 11 pull on the FFXI banner: BSB and SSB for Prishe (apparently the burst strategy is command 2, two of your well honed and constantly used monk abilities *welp*, command 1) and the coat for Shantotto (though given she lacks wrath and I do have her BSB it's like I'm not sure how much use it gets, it has a nice party mag/res buff though).

Got the FFIII bonus battles down. Cid Mission was a near wipe out (OK and CoD were all that was left standing with barely any health) but Cid Raines RW wins the day again. Garuda was trivial for me with Luneth's Swordshower SSB capping damage on each of its 8 hits once Garuda has ridiculous a stack of stat debuffs; Arc Blast (Mag/Def), Mug Bloodlust (Atk/Def), Gaze of the Void (Penta-break), Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown and Armour Breakdown. While that and lightning resistance neutralized the damage siginificantly Meteor still did more than 1000 damage but Vanille mostly handled things herself on the healing front once the debuffs were all down. Still Arcs SSBs were helpful as well (I decided to take two instant heals).

To be a Devils Advocate here, I didn't ever learn/use Reta meta. Or even use the concept of A-teams until just a month ago, and I was close to where most are in this thread.

I still don't understand the A-team concept in this game. Every fight is different. To me the whole point of the game is constructing the ideal team for every individual fight. There's no upside to a one-size-fits-all team that's just okay at everything.

Syntsui

I still don't understand the A-team concept in this game. Every fight is different. To me the whole point of the game is constructing the ideal team for every individual fight. There's no upside to a one-size-fits-all team that's just okay at everything.
It's not hard to understand that Mage meta trivializes almost all encounters (OK/Cid/Alph specially).

Tiers exist and they matter. The game is balanced enough so that a lot of different compositions can work in different situations but in the end a mage meta team will probably still be the best team.

Soon Wall will be useless and debuffs will be almost essential, but that won't mean people won't come up with different set ups that ignore the new meta, but regardless the new meta will be the best way to tackle the content.

One of the multiplayer fights dropping tonight is everyone's favorite mandragoras. Usually I just muddle through with randoms but because of how finicky this fight is, I'm considering trying to put together a group beforehand.

I'm bringing Quistis with her BSB to inflict the various debuffs they're vulnerable to, and Papalymo with his BSB to burst down the fire weak Prince (who's only vulnerable to stun for debuffs) and then to AoE spam the rest of the veggies.

I'm looking for a few preferred partners:
-Firstly someone with Hope's BSB2 for the AoE Dispel and Holy damage.
-Tyro with Wall and his USB, equipped with Draw Fire and Wrath. (Equipped with as high as DEF as possible.)
-A dancer, preferably Penelo win her BSB, Cait Sith with his SSB, or another Tyro with Wall/USB, with Multibreak and Exhausting Polka as the skills.
-Two healers with BSB or USB Medicas, preferably CT0 SBs. Protectga and Ultra Cure.
-The final spot will be rather a third Healer, or a Mage with a strong BSB and preferably a magic based boostga.

This is intended to be a magic only group, because I don't want to mess up the sleep or confusion procs. Everyone needs to be equipped with silence resist accessories, and all healers need Ultra Cure.

If anyone has any of the above and wants to help out just let me know and if we get a full group I'll set up a room. I want to attempt it as soon as it launches, so in approx an hour and a half.

Edit: No need anymore. I've Mastered all difficulties.

Xetherion

It's not hard to understand that Mage meta trivializes almost all encounters (OK/Cid/Alph specially).

Tiers exist and they matter. The game is balanced enough so that a lot of different compositions can work in different situations but in the end a mage meta team will probably still be the best team.

Soon Wall will be useless and debuffs will be almost essential, but that won't mean people won't come up with different set ups that ignore the new meta, but regardless the new meta will be the best way to tackle the content.

It's true that mage meta steamrolls most encounters, but i'd like to point out that Fujin is a better candidate for the 3rd dps than Alph. I have both characters' bursts, and Fujin's is more useful as it provides both more mitigation and boosts party dps thanks to its MAG/RES break. Her burst cmds are fast-cast too, so she can spam cmd1 almost as much as Alph.

The major point in Fujin's favor though, is that she can Wrath. Alph can't, and unless the boss has a weakness for him to hit most fights are over or almost over by the time he can get a SB gauge.

As for Wall being useless, i'll believe that when i see it. People have been ranting about piercing attacks, but so far every boss has had only one piercing attack, and it's often locked out of using it again for several turns after using it. On top of that every piercing attack has used only 1/2 its relevant stat (ATK or MAG), so they don't hurt that bad with just FB & M/PBD anyway.

If they start doing piercing attacks that use the full value of the relevant stat, then yeah, debuff SB's will be a necessity.

Apocalypse++ Mandragoras and Ultros.

Because there is no god.

Oh, and this should be the banner tonight. It's forgettable.

So I beat the D240 Mandragora fight. Took 3 or 4 attempts, but when I finally got a team that could beat it, we absolutely crushed it. I don't think anyone ever got below 80% health.

The MVP was definitely me with Agrias BSB which does AoE holy 4x damage + holy imperil. Using her command 1 on top of that I was taking every single target attack which built my SB gauge up very quickly. I was able to get the imperil stacks to 3 (albeit briefly). When I used DR with 2 stacks, each hit did 9999, so I basically did 200k damage with that one attack.

But it wasn't just me on the Holy. We had a Vanille BSB which could do holy damage, and a Ramza which was using Unsung Hero which was doing tons of AoE holy damage. I'd say Divine Ruination and Unsung Hero alone accounted for probably 80% of the total DPS on the fight.

In addition to that, we had one Ysh'tola using Stoneskin 2, mine using Asylum and Protectga, a Tyro using Wall, and a Faris using Phantom. So the whole time we were taking little to no damage.

Seems like every group I'm in tries to bring Alphinaud with Valigarmanda. Don't waste your time. He does shit damage to the Mandragoras, like 6k AoE / round.

So I beat the D240 Mandragora fight. Took 3 or 4 attempts, but when I finally got a team that could beat it, we absolutely crushed it. I don't think anyone ever got below 80% health.

The MVP was definitely me with Agrias BSB which does AoE holy 4x damage + holy imperil. Using her command 1 on top of that I was taking every single target attack which built my SB gauge up very quickly. I was able to get the imperil stacks to 3 (albeit briefly). When I used DR with 2 stacks, each hit did 9999, so I basically did 200k damage with that one attack.

But it wasn't just me on the Holy. We had a Vanille BSB which could do holy damage, and a Ramza which was using Unsung Hero which was doing tons of AoE holy damage. I'd say Divine Ruination and Unsung Hero alone accounted for probably 80% of the total DPS on the fight.

In addition to that, we had one Ysh'tola using Stoneskin 2, mine using Asylum and Protectga, a Tyro using Wall, and a Faris using Phantom. So the whole time we were taking little to no damage.

Seems like every group I'm in tries to bring Alphinaud with Valigarmanda. Don't waste your time. He does shit damage to the Mandragoras, like 6k AoE / round.

Oh yeah, Agrias/Beatrix/Basch + Shout completely destroy the mandragoras, I even used Vanille's deprotega for the first time lol, it was really fun.

On the other hand I hated Ultros, absolutely 0 synergy, my TGCid sucked balls, i went full support/buff.

scy

I have Vanille USB but no other relics for her. Think I'll just end up with 2x healers and struggle on soloing it; no 'real' dancer access means my only AoE debuff option is Fran Pentabreak. This one worries me on pulling the win out on.

Ultros looks a lot easier with access to Runic and a good physical fire and lightning setup.

Top Bottom