• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

The FFXI bonus battles were cake.

its crazy how much damage he can do against lit-weak enemies. he's been on my list to mc3 for the longest time but then I pull things like Shans chain and he gets bumped for another week.
I'm hoping I get Kain's BSB during the next FFIV event. I have Shany's CSB too, and Ashe's BSB, so that would be a really solid lightning team for the magicite dungeons.

Falk

that puzzling face
The MVP was definitely me with Agrias BSB which does AoE holy 4x damage + holy imperil. Using her command 1 on top of that I was taking every single target attack which built my SB gauge up very quickly. I was able to get the imperil stacks to 3 (albeit briefly). When I used DR with 2 stacks, each hit did 9999, so I basically did 200k damage with that one attack.

You know how I was Holy heavy already with Beatrix/Cecil/Hope/Ramza BSBs? An Imperil, two Enholy, one effective Wrath/Entrust spam.

I somehow managed to pull Minfilla BSB and Agrias BSB/OSB (LOL)

Now running Minfilla/Agrias/Beatrix basically builds Imperil to the point Agrias can 99999 resistant bosses.

It must have become uncool to bring healers to multiplayer or something. It used to be you'd have four Y'shtolas in every group, but tonight everybody just wants to DPS. I had to host my own room and kick people just to get more than one healer for D240 Ultros.

WarAdept

What in the world.

Random banner. I kinda want to pull for Laguna's first SSB so he can be complete, but I already have 3 of the items here (and 3 copies of Keeper's Coat).

You know how I was Holy heavy already with Beatrix/Cecil/Hope/Ramza BSBs? An Imperil, two Enholy, one effective Wrath/Entrust spam.

I somehow managed to pull Minfilla BSB and Agrias BSB/OSB (LOL)

Now running Minfilla/Agrias/Beatrix basically builds Imperil to the point Agrias can 99999 resistant bosses.

I have the exact same Holy relics sans Ramza BSB.

I wasn't even trying to make a Holy team =\

It must have become uncool to bring healers to multiplayer or something. It used to be you'd have four Y'shtolas in every group, but tonight everybody just wants to DPS. I had to host my own room and kick people just to get more than one healer for D240 Ultros.
Supports and healers are both uncool in my experience. You either end up with 4 or none at all. Also the pet peeve of the support that only brings full break and no breakdowns. How do you get so far without knowing they stack?!

Then you have situations like this Ultros raid where you might get overun with Celes. Oh I just figured when Ultros comes back his debuffs will reset...guess this isn't a fight to bring Fran to...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, if it wasn't for the discord, there's no way I would do the harder/apoc multiplayer raids with random groups. It's too random, particularly with gimmick bosses.

friz898

100gem was 3star dupe trash.

Bonus battles were way too easy, but this is typical of FF11 events.

Finished getting all XI characters to level 80.

Finished about half the raids last night.

MiTYH

Pulled on the multiplayer banner, went a surprising 4/11

- Edea's Valkyrie
- Sabin's Tigerfang x2
- Fran's Yoichi Bow

All new, so that's just what I was looking for.

Supports and healers are both uncool in my experience. You either end up with 4 or none at all. Also the pet peeve of the support that only brings full break and no breakdowns. How do you get so far without knowing they stack?!

Then you have situations like this Ultros raid where you might get overun with Celes. Oh I just figured when Ultros comes back his debuffs will reset...guess this isn't a fight to bring Fran to...

I actually had fun in my mandragora fights spamming warder's apocypha and wrath with tyro and ramza's bsb (massive defense boost). The best run was the 240 run where we didn't have ystola bubbling everyone. Oddly that took much less time than the 160 and 200 runs I did. the bubble is great in theory but it really kills sb generation particularly when everything is aoe and we are using imperils and sbs left and right.

Conveniently I upgraded to an ipad pro a couple weeks ago and now tyro isn't crashing my battles with his USB. I did drop FFRK JP though, couldn't figure out how to transfer over and just gave up. too busy anyway. So my JP first hand knowledge will be out of date in about 5 months. hah.

I need to take out Torment II 250, make and shatter a few abilities (lifebane) and hone meltdown. How much damage will a Valigarmanda r2 do to the gigas I wonder. Looking at reddit: 272k hp for fire/ice...hmm

ok, took out Torment II 250. lots of hit and run to build bars. pure mage meta:

tyro: multibreak, heathen frolic usb, sg
braska chain biora shellga both ssbs (mainly for the faithga one)
krile bahamut r4 valigarmanda r2 bsb
shantotto meteor ruinga bsb (though I have ssb and csb, didn't use)
vanille curaja protecga bsb

rw maria used by Braska

goal was to take out Ice first b/c aoe commands of my bsbs would trigger aoe counters.
proshellga/wall/breaks +warder's meant not a lot of damage coming through for the battle.

Used a number of bsbs leading up to the final battle to get through the trash.

made and shattered 2 life banes and honed Meltdown
6* abilites r2: meltdown, valigarmanda, omega drive

very tempted to r2 skyhigh and snowspell sword. very little overlap with those two and affliction break and curada and neo-bahamultima (eventually)

skyhigh: Lit Earth Wind
Snow: Power Ice Wind
Affliction: Power Non Dark (ouch)
Curada White Earth Holy

Need to create first:
Ultima Black (ouch) NonE Fire
Neob: Summon (ouch, NonE Dark (ouch)

So basically each orb type is only needed by 2 of the remaining abilities.

friz898

Those multiplayer fights are loooong, took me a while to do the 3 Mandragoras fights. Just did Ultros Apoc ++ and I am burnt. Will finish tomorrow.

I never see anyone from GAF but I don't do the raids often.

But ya they were long, and Im sure my deployment tactics didnt help, lol.

I'm thinking I won't pull for FFT on Thursday. Ramza's USB and Rafa's BSB look pretty attractive, and I wouldn't mind something for Delita since I have nothing for him, but my Tactics synergy is already ridiculous (as of now, I have all soul breaks for Ramza, T.G. Cid, Agrias, Ovelia, and Mustadio) so I can stand to skip it. The next upcoming items that really excite me are Fran's BSB and Kain's BSB, which I really want but have eluded me so far.

Rubenov

I'm thinking I won't pull for FFT on Thursday. Ramza's USB and Rafa's BSB look pretty attractive, and I wouldn't mind something for Delita since I have nothing for him, but my Tactics synergy is already ridiculous (as of now, I have all soul breaks for Ramza, T.G. Cid, Agrias, Ovelia, and Mustadio) so I can stand to skip it. The next upcoming items that really excite me are Fran's BSB and Kain's BSB, which I really want but have eluded me so far.

I'm pulling for Rafa so I can keep building the lightning team, powered by Shanttoto's chain.

Tidd

Mandragoras A++ was more fun than I thought it would be. Even without Astra! o.o

Party setup was something like this:
Sabin with his SSB (pseudo heal + Esuna ftw), Faris USB(+Affliction Break), Alphinaud with Sleep, Stop(pretty helpful!) and his SSB, Hope's BSB2 (MVP damage wise), Ramza with his 100% DEF buff BSB and a Y'shtola for her Pulse to get up Protectga + Ultra Cure.
I brought Tyro with wall and the AoE Full Break dance and Y'shtola for her BSB and also Ultra Cure. Ultra Ram hit for like 700. :)
Status problems weren't a problem. Was a really nice party for a random raid. Had the feeling that everyone knew what he had to do which is rare.

I don't know how much Mythril I will get until the FF VIII banner but if I have enough this is my plan for the future:
I will skip every Banner until Kain's OSB. Will do one pull and hopefully get his OSB or another Lance to 8* it. After this we will get the FF VIII event with the godlike banner 1. I want to do 2 pulls on it. Squall's BSB2, Selphie's USB AND Irvine's BSB on the same banner. SOOOO INCREDIBLE.

Kenai

I took Setzer to the 240 and did great mitigation, barely needed to Wrath. We had a near godlike setup and were in no real danger the whole fight (Celes/Ysh/OK/Vanillie/Relm/Setzer/Kain/Refia) but I feel like I did my part. I did the fight a few times prior and even before the BSB was ready for a refresh, the debuff commands did a lot of work combined with Full Break. I imagine Fran would do similar work, just less dmg

In general though, I don't mind being healing/support. I just don't want to use OK and Y'sh every single fight ever, especially in a realm like FFVI where I've pulled on a ton of banners and have a lot of fav characters with gud stuff.

WarAdept

Oneshot PuG'd all the Mandragora raids. Dancer Tyro USB coupled with Eiko's USB made it so no one was never in danger of dying and status never got through.

I was considering bringing Fujin for her AoE Affliction Break SB, but it would've been complete overkill.

Pretty easy event solo, multi and CM. Final solo boss doesnt have any OMGWTF moves.

Sabin's Soul Spiral bangle is pretty darn good. Heal, Def, negates ailments. Glad I MC3d him. He's been kicking butt all through this event.

Rubenov

These multiplayer raids are in-fucking-sane. Or maybe I just keep getting paired with garbage players...

I've seen many things the last two days:

-Shellga users for Mardragoras

-Our only wall user starting the fight by lifesiphoning instead of casting the dang wall (a couple lay dead before they saw their 2nd turn)

-Our only Onion of Knight doing his Overstrike for a paltry 13k, 3 times in a row through the fight, while never buffing the team (he had VoF in his inventory).

-People with healing bsbs being super stingy and choosing single-target heals while saving their bsb usage. Waiting until one or two are dead to cast it :/ Seriously, 1 bsb cast can almost always give enough SB generation to get you into the next cast... you may have to use an ability once or twice outside of it, but that's it! Don't be so stingy plz.

-Dudes hitting Ultros with Fire over and over, with no Runic in the party, until the team starts dying one by one from the counters. Fat Chocobo spamming not enough to get the message accross apparently.

-And more. But I guess not everyone plays this game religiously, or read everything about it like most in here. I still feel like dropping Meltdown on some though.

Is it just me or is this U++ Shadow Lord shit pretty hard? I can't even beat the first phase, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I need a debuffer and a healer, so then I only have 3 spots left, which means on either the physical phase or the magic phase I'm doing jack shit for damage.

Is it just me or is this U++ Shadow Lord shit pretty hard? I can't even beat the first phase, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I need a debuffer and a healer, so then I only have 3 spots left, which means on either the physical phase or the magic phase I'm doing jack shit for damage.

He's not immune to ninja magic in either phase.

WarAdept

Use Ninja magic for magic users to DPS through magic immune phase. OK with his BSB can provide constant DPS using Swiftspell/Ninja magic throughout.

Rocks I mastered a boss a whaler hasnt beat yet. :)

I had

Serah 99 Chain Fire 6 uses, Chain Bio 4, Endless Blessings
Sabin 92 Earth double hit 4, Piercing 6, Soul Spiral
Irvine 89 FB 6, MB 10, Pentabreak
Garnet 99, Curaga 12, Protect 8, Divine Guardian
OK 99, Ultra Cure 8, Shell 8, VoF Front line for when Magic nul.

Mastered on first try. No synergy items. Had 4 dark resist on all but Sabin who had Celes' Pendant.

RW wall. One on first and second on revive. Seemed weaker on revive and didnt go into nul mode there either. Out of offensive abilities towards the end. Yet no one fell. 1 lost for turns, 2 for damage.

I used ninja onion with phantasm to get through those phases. After you've failed a few times you can time a strong osb to send him deep into his other phase and limit the magic need.

ZangBa

30+ minutes of 240 Ultros and it disconnects after he already died in the middle of loading rewards. Of course it didn't count when I checked, WTF man.

Finally beat Shadow Lord. I used

Fujin
- Smoldering Fire R2
- Raging Wind R2
- BSB

Setzer
- Power Breakdown
- Magic Breakdown
- BSB

Orlandeau
- Thundering Twinstrike R3
- Blazing Twinstrike R3
- OSB + BSB

Onion Knight
- Shellga
- Full Break
- BSB

Ysh'tola
- Curaja
- Protectga
- BSB

Wall RW

I had tried similar setups before and not made it very far, the only reason I was able to win this time is because I brought Setzer instead of another DPS. He was able to stack 3 layers of ATK/MAG debuffs by himself between his BSB and the 2 breakdowns, and then OK provided a 4th stack.

Yeah I also used Setzer w/ BSB. Tyro and Onion Knight with ninja abilities, and Alphinaud w/ BSB. Setzer and Alphinaud just have to spend some turns defending during the first phase, when there's nothing else they can do, but Tyro and OK were doing consistent damage during that time. Second phase, everyone lets loose.

friz898

Nightmares: 2 more done now.

Raids, all were done the first night, I hear you guys sometimes complaining about the PUGs but I don't know a single person on this game and I've always beat it first or second try. Obviously it's not because of me, but really surprised you guys have bad luck.

I think it was Hein where someone attacked like a fool and it started up the funniest huge confuse status chain ever.

The d240 fight was very very long and not a sure win, but we got it. Mainly because of my Deployment Tactics and then two other Alphi's constantly using their BSB.

Mandragoras were fun too, In fact I can't shut up about Deployment Tactics, by far my most favorite thing to do. He comes with me on every big fight.

the d180, i just can't bring myself to try when I still have Torments d250's and Nightmares to do. The reward seems so little for d180 fights.

Edit: There are exceptions, but I've mostly brought Mog and Aphlinaud to every fight. I played a healer in many MMO games, so I like support/healing these groups. When the hell we gonna get Mog MC3? Sigh

I think it was Hein where someone attacked like a fool and it started up the funniest huge confuse status chain ever.
Hein could also cast confuse on his own. That then gets the scary 1/9 chance of the confused one hitting him meaning more confuse then you find most the party is under burst (so can't snap them out) and nobody bought ultra cure (because curaga is useful when your healing burst commands are stronger)

friz898

Well tried my first d250 Torment, FF7 one since it's suppose to be easiest and I have a great Wind team.

7 total rounds? lol I wasn't ready for that. Will have to build a group a little more prepared for the long haul. Bladeblitz by itself wasn't getting the job done.

Took him to 60% and I lost Alphi at the beginning of the fight, also came in with mostly half-life. I'm pretty sure I could get it after some tweaking.

Well tried my first d250 Torment, FF7 one since it's suppose to be easiest and I have a great Wind team.

7 total rounds? lol I wasn't ready for that. Will have to build a group a little more prepared for the long haul. Bladeblitz by itself wasn't getting the job done.

Took him to 60% and I lost Alphi at the beginning of the fight, also came in with mostly half-life. I'm pretty sure I could get it after some tweaking.

You need Drawtaliate meta and BSB spam to save ability hones for the boss.

Anustart

You need Drawtaliate meta and BSB spam to save ability hones for the boss.

Bsb spam 4life.

Also I've got the itch to pull, and even though there's an item or 2 on the 11 banner I wouldn't mind having, all the character art looks like ass and turns me away.

Tactics banner looks pretty lame as well.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Just spent a literal 30 minutes defeating the highest level Mandragora battle. We had way too many healers on our team, lol.

Was I in your party? I was with a group that had 3 Y'shtola's and our only DPS was an Agrias and Sabin using their BSB's. We never came close to dying but it took forever to finish.

Rubenov

What's the feeling on Ramza USB? The stacks-with-everything buff seems nice but there's not much else to it.

I'm not too crazy about it. The stacking is good, but it's one of those best used with hybrid teams. Nowadays I run either a full physical team, or a full magical.

When he gets his legend material in a few months, which extends the longevity of buffs, then this buff will be really good, since you can use Shout, for example, and have enough time to get SB energy back up to cast this and have both stack.

Edit: Also, increase resistance would've been better than increase defense.

Xetherion

Oh man, i got a party that annihilated 240 Mandragoras. We had

Agrias (BSB, Fira Strike) / Faris (Reverse Wall, Multibreak, Box Step)
Agrias (BSB, Banish Strike) / Eiko (BSB)
Beatrix (BSB) / OK (BSB)
Beatrix (BSB) / Tyro (USB/Wall)

We stacked up imperil Holy with our BSB spam and took down those plants in like 10 minutes.

Top Bottom