• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Anustart

Little late on this but I spammed the damn forum so much today already

Super shotgun you say? Now I am thinking you are old(er) like me.

That was my favorite weapon when I finally got a pc and was introduced to Doom, Descent, Heretic, Hexen, RoTT, and Duke.

3 of the guys who played with me (irl friends were part of the original 12 valve guys)

Yep I'm 35!

friz898

Hey so since I run DeNa, I figured I would make the clever decision to open some weird FF11 event and old raids. (Old = anything that has come and gone)

I almost opened old torments too but I dodged that bullet, good thing I put logical thought into it first.

Balphon

Combat 5* is a big pool with a ton of junk SSBs in it.

Summon 5* is much better to the point of being a no-brainer. 4 of the 8 USBs released so far are for characters with 5* summon (Aerith, Yuna, Eiko, Tyro).

Either way, though, both will have better odds at getting a BSB or better than a typical event banner.

Combat 5* is a big pool with a ton of junk SSBs in it.

Summon 5* is much better to the point of being a no-brainer. 4 of the 8 USBs released so far are for characters with 5* summon (Aerith, Yuna, Eiko, Tyro).

Either way, though, both will have better odds at getting a BSB or better than a typical event banner.

Yea I will pull for SMN but I don't know for Combat. I am tempted, though. If they do one for each type in quick succession, I don't have the Mythrils planned for 6 LD.

All the hot items from recent banners(Yuna USB, Kain OSB) on here. Oh damn. Disappointed Rydia's OSB isn't on here...edit, oh wait it is. ha.

Syntsui

I have 22 relics on Summoner Banner and 28 relics on Combat banner, more than half of the relics are really really bad. This is an awful deal for me and I'll totally regret pulling >.>

Anustart

I'm 35 as well!

Old fogies unite!

I have fond memories playing ff1 over at my friends house sitting in front of his tv for hours on end.

Edit: also think I'm skipping these lucky banners. Wanting squall bsb2 but dunno if I should even pull there since it'll be rather low odds....

MrDaravon

Assuming it's SSB+ I'm 15/45 on the Summoner LD, and 26/153 (!) on the Combat LD.

I was already to pull on the Summoner LD probably regardless since the 15 I do have are in really concentrated realms with others I have zero in, but I'm surprised at how little I have in the Combat LD, and most of those 26 are in like 4 realms. Initially I figured I would pass on the Combat one but I'll go ahead and pull just because the odds are in my favor. The Combat LD has a ridiculously large pool though so odds of dupes are low, but odds of garbage are high. Still, can't resist LD's.

Syntsui

I never even use Tyro, the lack of Wall totally breaks his use. Can't justify having him without having that relic :(

My Keeper's Tome will forever collect dust.

I never even use Tyro, the lack of Wall totally breaks his use. Can't justify having him without having that relic :(

My Keeper's Tome will forever collect dust.

Wraithable spammable magic blink is awesome. Tyro with full break and wraith pairs well with a healer that can wraith, like rosa or needing to worry about protectga and shellga means two free ability slots for your team. Good stuff if you don't have a lot of options.

Syntsui

Is it better to reverse wall or full wall?

Because if I can triple (or quadruple break) a stat, that is better than double def or res right?
It takes a few turns to fully setup all the breaks to mitigate the damage on a level close to Wall levels. Wall is still king. Don't forget that almos all bosses resist breaks, so you have to apply a lot of layers to feel the difference.

WarAdept

Is it better to reverse wall or full wall?

Because if I can triple (or quadruple break) a stat, that is better than double def or res right?

Wall will always remain king. Even with bosses gaining piercing attacks, they still have various attacks that don't pierce and Wall will save your ass.

Plus the upcoming magicite dungeons have bosses that have 80% break resist, making Supports useless except for being an Entrust Battery.

Anustart

Game just won't cut me a break. I haven't had a good pull in months.

1/11 shit ssb for terra.

Seriously, I cannot pull more than 2/11, with 90% being 1/11 ssb.

But I eagerly await all of you to bitch about going 5/11 and only getting 4 bsb.

Beast Killer
White Mage Robe - dupe

Don't have enough for combat ATM.

Disappointing draw. Does add more Mag attack...have Krile's unique rod. So that kinda helps. Combined the Robes...gained 18 Def, 23 Res RS. Was hoping for a medica from Aerith or Eiko.

3/22

Dupe ix Ragnarok dupe ix garnet dress and.....

Yuna usb! Obviously one of the best relics possible so we'll worth the shot. I have her Ssb and bsb2 so she is pretty souped up as is for me already. Wow very pleased!

Syntsui

Let's face it this way, i's better to be disappointed with low cost banners with gigantic pool and horrible chances to get anything worth a shit than getting disappointed with a full price banner with small pool full of great relics.

Let's face it this way, i's better to be disappointed with low cost banners with gigantic pool and horrible chances to get anything worth a shit than getting disappointed with a full price banner with small pool full of great relics.

But life can be even better and fuck you over with both type of banners! I see your point, though. I just wish the word "Lucky" in Lucky Draw ever felt relevant to me...

evangd007

Combat lucky: Agrias OSB, Sephiroth OSB, Tidus BSB, Edgar BSB

Summoner lucky: Tyro BSB, Arc BSB, Aerith BSB (dupe)

That was good. Real good.

Anustart

Combat lucky: Agrias OSB, Sephiroth OSB, Tidus BSB, Edgar BSB

Summoner lucky: Tyro BSB, Arc BSB, Aerith BSB (dupe)

That was good. Real good.

Lol.

It would take me 7 11 pulls to get that many relics. 6 if I'm lucky. Even then it would be 6 ssb and 1 bsb.

I've gotten 2 3/11 pulls and 1 4/11 in over 2 years :/

Balphon

Went ahead and pulled on both.

Summon - 4/11; Tyro OSB, Tyro BSB, Rinoa OSB, Rinoa BSB. How...symmetrical.
Combat - 3/11; Raijin BSB, Leo SSB, Ayame SSB (dupe)

Nice collection of stuff. Tyro BSB is the obvious winner, mage OSBs are always great, and I was already using Raijin since I have his SSB.

ZangBa

I got WoL's OSB, Prishe's SSB, Rydia's SSB, Aerith's BSB and a dupe Terra SSB.

I'm mostly happy with Aerith's BSB for CM's since my FFVII gear is non-existent. WoL's OSB is cool, too.

Ahnez

Decided I would only pull on the summoner banner

I resisted for 45 minutes lol

Got Paine's BSB. Nothing special it seems, but its still a burst for one of my weakest realms

friz898

Fixing to go do my two pulls.

Seems most of you had bad luck, and ya Cuth, people getting all disgruntled lol.

Anustart, you still need Mandagoras? I can bring whatever you think you need.

Anustart

Fixing to go do my two pulls.

Seems most of you had bad luck, and ya Cuth, people getting all disgruntled lol.

Anustart, you still need Mandagoras? I can bring whatever you think you need.

Yeah I do, but will probably do it tomorrow. Getting sleepy tonight already! Salt makes the dreams come.

On the brighter side, I did need ff6 relics and the enfire is decent, but I already have a lot of fire damage.

Top Bottom