• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Ok 1/11 on combat. Got Keepers Tome which you guys were talking about but I rarely use Tyro.

3/11 on Summon, Ashe defiance and Terra stardust rod both dupes.... the other was a BSB from beyond, don't remember which character, fire one call frit mirage or something.

Balphon

Decided I would only pull on the summoner banner

I resisted for 45 minutes lol

Got Paine's BSB. Nothing special it seems, but its still a burst for one of my weakest realms

It's one of like two things in the game with AoE dispel, which is occasionally useful.

WarAdept

Ahahah I got what I wanted!

Motherfucking Keeper's Tome! Beatrix BSB and Hope's SSB are dupes, but I'm very happy about Basch's BSB and Lann is the closest to Sora from KH we're ever going to get.

TA4ac9o.jpg
6USFl92.jpg

Negator

I had a great Lucky Draw for once!

Rydia OSB, Aerith BSB

Agrias OSB, Tidus BSB, Galuf SSB (Titan's Gloves), Balthier SSB (Dupe)

Excited to finally have a relic for my all time favorite character Rydia, and to have all these relics that I've wanted for so long (Aerith BSB, Tidus BSB)

Balphon

Real Talk: Lann is terrible in both this game and WoFF.

His terribleness is attested to by the fact that he's in both of these relic pools.

friz898

Well his burst is fire but I didn't really need anymore fire relics.

On Keeper Tome I see it has mblink so that makes me happy, the burst commands though seem lack luster since only a small amount.

Gonna go read up a bit on it.

Edit: top part was reply about getting Lann's burst tonight.

Ahnez

Well his burst is fire but I didn't really need anymore fire relics.

On Keeper Tome I see it has mblink so that makes me happy, the burst commands though seem lack luster since only a small amount.

Gonna go read up a bit on it.

Edit: top part was reply about getting Lann's burst tonight.

KT commands are S tier, actually

Attack is ATK/MAG break, and Defend is DEF/RES break. They stack with FB and individual breakdowns

MrDaravon

Summoner LD 2/11: Aerith BSB (dupe) and Reynn SSB (which is lame but will actually help with the last Summon Nightmare boss fight I still need to do).

Combat LD 2/11: Beatrix SSB and BSB. Both of which I already have, on top of already having a bunch of other FF9 5* or higher swords.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh I think I'm done putting any more money into this game via my 100 gem pulls and occasionally paying for LD pulls (which is what I had to do for the Combat LD here). I've gotten fucked HARD on my last 4 LD pulls and my last 3 (4 maybe?) full 11 pulls. The fact that I went 2/11 dupes on the Combat LD when I was only 26/153 on the banner is fucking insane. Legitimately reconsidering how much I really want to continue playing this game, this is solid weeks/months of getting screwed.

I can't math, what are even the odds of going 2/11 on a banner where I only had 26/153 of the pool? Like 8% or something? Jesus Christ.

Tidd

3/11 on Summoners banner with Tyro's USB, Ashe's BSB and Hope's SSB (dupe). Great pull!

4/11 on combat banner: Jecht's SSB (meh), Tifa's BSB (dupe), Kaine's SSB (+10 ATK!!! and I don't believe that this one returns!) and the big price Refia's BSB!

I'm happy! :)

Rubenov

Do they include upcoming SB in ongoing Relic Draws? Will Cloud USB included since it's almost a month long?

Future Lucky Draws have a possibility of including Cloud USB, yes (after it debuts on the upcoming VII event banner). Your chances are way better on the actual event banner since you it's competing with 8 other relics; in a Lucky Draw it would one relic in a pool of over a hundred, usually.

Edit: I went 2/11 and 2/11 with my Lucky draws... three bursts (Garnett BSB2, Basch BSB, Alphi BSB) and one SSB (Firion). Sadly the three bursts were all dupes.

Game just won't cut me a break. I haven't had a good pull in months.

1/11 shit ssb for terra.

Seriously, I cannot pull more than 2/11, with 90% being 1/11 ssb.

But I eagerly await all of you to bitch about going 5/11 and only getting 4 bsb.

I just got 12/11, somehow they all came out already reforged to 8*. /shrug, some guys get all the luck I guess

friz898

KT commands are S tier, actually

Attack is ATK/MAG break, and Defend is DEF/RES break. They stack with FB and individual breakdowns

Well I am still reading up on it but it's only a small amount and often I take other debuff relics that are a better percentage since this won't stack with other soul breaks

WarAdept

Well I am still reading up on it but it's only a small amount and often I take other debuff relics that are a better percentage since this won't stack with other soul breaks

Look at it as a whole. ProShellga + Magic Blink on entry is excellent. It frees up 2 slots and allows you to run something like Wrath Yshtola or use Memento of Prayer on your healers for extra healing. Then it gives Tyro 2 burst commands that stack with a lot of things and greatly extends his longevity. Combine it with Tyros ultimate equipment/ability options and you have one of the best BSBs.

fully augmented my x conductor usb, 196 mnd. great to have a new baseline mnd stick-frees up sage sticks for mag use.

fully augmented 6*s:
VII ragnarok ++-212 atk
V Naginata + 205 atk (b/c spear)
FFT S. Excalibur 198atk (b/c holy boost)
XIII Eagletalon 189mag (for ninja mag baseline in all realms)
X Conductor 196 mnd

Considered augmenting Shan's CSB but 192 mag isn't cracking my team in 90% of the realms (particularly when VI and XII 4* evolved weapons easily beat it with synergy)

would love Vaan's OSB dagger, could dump a lot of mediocre weapons for that one I think.

Xetherion

1/11 on Summoner LD... but it was a new burst at least, Reyn's. And it's my first enIce burst. And it's Beyond synergy which i had none before. So i can't be mad about this pull really, especially since i've been playing since the days when 0/11 was a thing. I love this game for g5, best gacha ever, unlike FEH where i frequently have to spend 200 orbs to get a single 5*... and it's usually a non-Focus (off-banner) 5*.

Not sure if i want to do the Combat LD, need to see what relics are on it. I wish there was a text list, hate having to look through the pictures posted on reddit and try to figure out what they all do.

Edit: I have 32/153 of the pool in the Combat LD. So about 1/5 dupe chance per 5*, plus there's some garbage SSB's that i don't want even though they'd be new... hmmm... ah screw it, let's gamble!

2/11, 1 disco ball, both new! Gilgamesh's OSB and Agrias' burst! Happy to get something new for Gilgamesh as all i had before was his outdated Unique. Also happy to get more synergy for Tactics, even though Agrias' burst is kinda a dupe because i already had Beatrix's which is pretty much identical.

hesho

i am not sure if i am happy or sad on this..

i managed to pull a sword from the summoner's banner... (terra's osb). uh... was hoping for some magic wpns :/

WarAdept

i am not sure if i am happy or sad on this..

i managed to pull a sword from the summoner's banner... (terra's osb). uh... was hoping for some magic wpns :/

And mage OSBs are far easier to cap 99999 as well compare to physical.

Grats on your Blood Sword.

Anyone know a nightmare or any other dungeon that drops Major Lightning? 1 short to get Lightning Dive to r3.

Eh. I see Cagnazzo 160 drops 5 and the 180 U++ drops 5 as well. Great!

1/11 Combat LD
Fang's Punisher

2/11 Summoner LD
Ashe's Stoneblade (Dupe)
Tyro's Keeper's Tome

So, my Tyro now pretty much has all his useful SB's (wall, USB and now BSB).

Terra
Serah
Ashe
OK
Golbez

can all benefit from the Blood Sword. Would a Rod have been better? Sure. Are you really gonna complain about an six star stat stick that is good in a third of the realms? Popular ones at that? By legit toons and their soul breaks? Whatever floats your boat.

Balphon

There are more mages than you think who can equip swords:

Maria
Emperor
Onion Knight
Desch
Golbez
Exdeath
Terra
Ashe
Vayne
Serah
Cid R.

Thancred and Ramza can use them for Ninja magic too, if that's your thing.

3/22, all Bursts, all new.

I have been playing (and loving) XIII-2 lately and am in desperate need of II gear. Thanks for the Birthday present, DeNA.

Anustart

After sleeping on it I'm liking my 1 ssb pull better. While it could have been a lot better it could have been worse.

Before the only 6 relics I had were Sabin and mog unique. And I already had terra at 80 so there's that.

Summoner: 1/11 - Farna Dress...it boosts lightning damage so does something beyond SSB for character I have no use for
Combat: 2/11 - Bracers (II), Yellow alpha arm (OSB with +fire for Beyond)

Well the deed is done. Beyond of all things...ugh...to be honest I'm getting pretty burnt out with the game (I'm just ignoring the hardest content for now, the frustration isn't worth it for me) so I don't mind spending some mythril here and there.

So is Lann's OSB good enough to warrant getting them to level 99 oh, no MC3

friz898

Trying to figure out how to work Tyro in as my Dancer/Healer with Keeper's Tome.

My personal Top Tier characters based on relics mostly is:

Alphinaud - Burst and Deployment Tactics, and dived for additional spells.
Firion - Magic Blink BSB, and Support 4 (he's dived)
O Knight - Haveall of his relics, and he's fully dived to 60.
Relm - My main healer with that Last Stand Medica
Eiko - Have 4 soul breaks with her, to include Reraise and her Burst.

Currently trying to use Edge more often for his Blink/Last Stand.
Mog is (was) my dancer because have Rev Wall with him.

At first glance, I could replace Firion or Alphinaud with him, but I'm married to those two pretty loyally.

Others that get a long of use from me Pecil, Vaan, Fang due to their relics.

hesho

Well the deed is done. Beyond of all things...ugh...to be honest I'm getting pretty burnt out with the game (I'm just ignoring the hardest content for now, the frustration isn't worth it for me) so I don't mind spending some mythril here and there.

THIS...

i've been like this for a couple of months now. Not worth the effort to do torments or these 200+ difficulty bosses. multiplayer is useless i think which doesn't help much so its just do events and do dailies for me.

evangd007

Cleared Apoc Aeons with:

TG Cid (4-5 OSB uses, lost count)
Vanille (3x BSB)
OK (3x VoF, 1x OSB to finish)
Ramza (3x Shout, 1x Tailwind)
Edge (3x Eblan Doppelganger)

Eblan Doppelganger is USB tier. Removed Valefor slows, completely negated both Ultimate Aero Sparks, and saved Edge from death right at the end.

I've never used that many SBs in a single fight. Apoc+ is fun.

When does Extreme Fest start? I desperately need all-day everyday XP dungeon.

Rubenov

I think we should coordinate a group from here to tackle some of these MP fights on Sundays.

I usually do them a few minutes after they're out, and go a few times a night just for fun.

MrDaravon

Spent the last 100 gems on my account on the new banner and as a final troll the game granted me another relic to complement my Elven Bow from the first banner....Tellah's SSB. I had literally nothing on this banner and ANYTHING would have been better on there than this POS.

I'm actually impressed at the troll game here DeNA. This made it really easy to cement my decision to stop putting any money in the game at all though lol

Limiting myself to 1 draw per banner going forward. Got Cecil's OSB and the BSB medica from this one. Not bad. My holy team is so ridiculous now it's not even funny

Another sign that maybe I should quit is how much I sigh and roll my eyes when I read Dr. Mog advises on the Boss tab. It never ends, we fucking know by know that they fucking resist breaks (I know it's good for new players and everything). For some boss, the text never ends because of mechanics that are not fun or challenging, just annoying. He also keeps summoning crap for me in the draws. I think he's the character I hate the most in all video games. Just die Dr. Mog!

Balphon

Wouldn't be the same if Dr. Mog weren't trolling constantly.

EDIT: Cagnazzo was fun and a lot less cheesy than the last few raids. I'd be down to help if anyone is putting a group together.

hesho

i am kinda jealous...

i have never successfully joined a MP game still... i find it a total waste of time but i guess it does work for some ppl?

friz898

Wanted to post a quick update..

100gem was 3star trash.

Melted Kain.

Baigan was actually hard at first. I took pics and may post them later, but really the challenge was how fast everything was happening. I really didn't have time to dispel haste from the arms, but I kept dispelling his body from haste and reflect.

Once I got "an order of importance" down since everything happens so fast, he went down pretty quick. In fact, I don't think he has much on hps. Pics later, I think it probably took 3-5 tries, but mastered when did beat him.

I'm now working on d220. I've tried it twice. I was doing really good, but once I used up both my walls, I simply could not keep up with Leviathan's dmg output. So in first try I didn't get Asura killed. Second try went really well, I killed her, and took Leviathan down to half, but he won.

Will try again tonight. I'm basically relying on breaks, blinks, last stands, and RW Wall.

I haven't tried the raid yet. Have a good night folks. Busy day for me tomorrow.

i am kinda jealous...

i have never successfully joined a MP game still... i find it a total waste of time but i guess it does work for some ppl?

Weird, MP is great IMO. Do you just get bad groups or something? Sometimes it takes a while to clear it with wipes and whatnot but it's pretty fun IMO

Top Bottom