• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MiTYH

I went through all the upcoming fest banners and... I have NO idea where to spend.

Banner 1, I need all three USBs and Kuja's OSB, and a handful of BSBs
Banner 2, I've got Eiko, and Cloud's USB is around the corner... but I've no Earth OSB, and that Onion Knight SSB is that last (I think) before I have all of his
Banner 3, Lots of lightning here. I've got Orlaneau's OSB and BSB, and I have Lightning's OSB
Banner 4, I've got Terra's OSB already, not much else
Banner 5, that's just a skip for me. Only really need WoL's CSB or Vanille's USB, evertihng else I've either got or have alternatives

After typing that out, I guess I'm going in on Banner 1 and 2, maybe 4? Really not sure here. I'm going to stay strong and not pull on luckies, should have me around 200 for these banners. Anyone have advice? In most of the banners I have about 2-3 of the SSB/BSBs, except banner 5 where I have most of them, including Tyro's OSB

Aw man they got my hopes up with this FFXIV login campaign, turns out that the rewards are complete shit after the 5 mythril today. That's a MC2 on the last day right?

Syntsui

How long have you guys been playing? I have way too many unused MC3s stocked, if anything I need more eggs to actually make use of them. The usual XP dungeon is just not enough >.>

friz898

How long have you guys been playing? I have way too many unused MC3s stocked, if anything I need more eggs to actually make use of them. The usual XP dungeon is just not enough >.>

I've been playing since Aug/Sep 2015.

Every character in the game, minus cores, is 80 or 99.

Total level 99s is 45.

Edit: I do exactly what Balphon said. Now with double exp days, I'm not so busy on Sunday anymore.

Balphon

I instantly level all new characters to 80 and still get more eggs than I spend. Haven't dropped below 200 major eggs in awhile.

I spend MC3s when I get them and use the exp dungeons to level the character to 99. Recently I just get the crystal on Sunday and they're 99 by Tuesday.

evangd007

At 49 mythril

Plan

Skip luckies
Pull VI-1
If at 50 more mythril and banner up
Pull VI-2 or Banner 4
If neither banner up save for XIV

You'll get a minimum of 78 mythril between now and the end of banner 4 according to the mythril planner.

I've already planned my pulls up until FFX:

Lucky Draws x3
Phase 1
Men/Women Lucky Draws (if they exist)
XII Banner 1
VII
DU34 Lucky
X Banner 1

Should leave me with around 50 mythril left when all is said and done.

Since the beginning. I prefer to hoard eggs and level people the old-fashioned way though, so I almost never egg someone straight to cap unless I need them for something specific. Lately I've noticed that you'll get kicked from multiplayer groups for not being 99, so I'll egg a character if I want to use them in MO and they're not maxed already. Aside from that though, once you get above 80 level isn't really the thing that's making a difference in winning a fight. So I just use people and let them level up naturally.

Right now I have 22 characters at 99, another 22 who are broken and somewhere on the 80-99 grind, 2 unused MC3's, and a list of about 10 characters vying to get broken next.

Anustart

Yeah. Pots need to drop majors and they need to give out majors as completion reward

About a year and a half but the game hasn't really grabbed my attention enough the past six months or so, and I hardly ever get very far into most events. I think the only MC3s I have are from daily campaign rewards. I have like 6.

friz898

About a year and a half but the game hasn't really grabbed my attention enough the past six months or so, and I hardly ever get very far into most events. I think the only MC3s I have are from daily campaign rewards. I have like 6.

For pretty much any daily or any event, I just make a team of my highest attack people, not even setting their skills, and just when think of it, hit the next button, as in autobattle. Nobody ever dies, and even if they did, I'm not leveling them or anything.

For events, same, but I will actually start to put characters from that event for synergy, and setup some basic spells like a heal or bladeblitz around difficulty 75/90. Otherwise they're such a chore.

Edit: Orb Fest Goals!

I nerded out a little extra today while I'm stalling real work. I never make goals for fests like a lot of you do, but with only needing majors and those requiring smart spending, I wrote out my orb goals for each phase.

Most phases I only need 48 or 72 Majors of that kind. But Black, Jesus, I need 240 majors if I want to raise all 6 of my Chainga spells from Rank 2 to Rank 3. I guess for me, Black is the new Power Orb.

MrDaravon

Banners for me:

Banner 1 - 1/12 (Quistis BSB). I'd be pretty happy with most of these but nothing I'm super fiending to have except for maybe Rosa's bow since I have all of her other stuff as well, and it's obviously a really good (best?) heal, but I'd be giving up my current Relm setup with her Last Stand BSB. Have a feeling I'll just 100-gem this one.
Banner 2 - 4/12 (Cloud OSB, Maria BSB, OK BSB/SSB). Couple neat things I'm missing but with my dupes this is a total trap, 100 gem only.
Banner 3 - 2/12 (Lightning BSB2, Ashe BSB). I still have NOTHING for TG Cid so this is a pretty tempting banner.
Banner 4 - 3/12 (Ashe BSB, Relm BSB, Alph SSB). This is the most treacherous banner for me personally; Terra is my waifu, I've wanted something for PCecil and still have nothing, and I already have Greg/Ramza relics but not the ones here. But 3 dupes including one of the better prizes (Vaan BSB) makes this just dicey enough to have me hesitate.
Banner 5 - 5/12 (Tyro OSB, Agrias OSB, Aerith BSB, Minfilia ZBSB, Tyro SG). I want Agrias' BSB super super bad since I have all of her other relics and it would pair fantastically, but this is also a total trap banner with the number of dupes, 100 gem only.

Banners 1, 3 and 4 are all strongly tempting for me but nothing absolute dying to have. I'm only at something like 70ish mythril, and I think we get somewhere around 80ish between now and Banner 5. Cloud USB is kinda whatever to me (I don't have his BSB2 so having it natively isn't as much as a gamebreaker for me as some folks) but I 110% want to do a pull on FF6 banner 1.

Right now I'm leaning towards full pulls on FF6 banner 1/fest banner 3, and then a pull on either fest banner 1 or 4 and using gems to pull on the BSB LD. I'll probably pass on the Curaga LD (waaaaay too many dupes) and the Imperil LD is a total hit or miss for me, BSB is the only one I'm pulling on for sure. All subject to change depending on if we get more free mythril than we currently know of, if I get lucky on a 100-gem pull on one of the pull banners etc.

Anustart

How did you segregate your groups?

Also, why do I keep seeing mention of FF VI-1 banner pull? I love FF6 as much as the next guy, but does Terra have some amazing relic on it?

Not much thought nor fore site into it. Just grabbed the 25 closest to 50. Most are ones I want to level, but there's also a bunch of worthless cores so I might drop those and grab some I actually want to level higher.

Why would a core named after a particular class not have access to 5 star of that classes abilities?

He'll, dark knight has 0 abilities he can use. I got a chuckle out of that when I went to equip him.

friz898

Not much thought nor fore site into it. Just grabbed the 25 closest to 50. Most are ones I want to level, but there's also a bunch of worthless cores so I might drop those and grab some I actually want to level higher.

Why would a core named after a particular class not have access to 5 star of that classes abilities?

He'll, dark knight has 0 abilities he can use. I got a chuckle out of that when I went to equip him.

Honestly at this point they should be taken out of the game, or have some other kind of added benefit, like if you level a core white mage to 99 or something, you get some kind of global 5% or 10% bonus to all white mage spells. Hell if I know.

I tell you what though, I was looking at Enlir's spreadsheet, which I normally only use for buff id codes, and saw that Japan has some core soul break called "Mass Firaga" and I was like "I sure hope we skipped that, and it's not a potential 1/11 coming in the future".

I leveled all the characters in this game, and even enjoyed it. Completionist style. I have a pretty little spreadsheet showing my work that I nerdily admire -- but even with that disclaimer, I can't be bothered with the cores, fuck them. White mage is like 32, Black Mage is 21, and the rest are 0.

Xetherion

Also, why do I keep seeing mention of FF VI-1 banner pull? I love FF6 as much as the next guy, but does Terra have some amazing relic on it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...lic_discussion_iron_will_iron_fists_hug_your/

Top prizes on that banner are Celes' bsb2 which has the excellent Grand Cross effect as well as 3 self buffs (+ATK/DEF on entry, +ATK/-DEF bargain on cmd2, +15% Spellblade dmg for 2 turns on cmd1), and Celes' LMR which gives 25% chance to dualcast spellblades.

Some Mog fans are also pulling for Mog's bsb which gives party MAG/MND + Hastega on entry, cmd1 is instant Curaga+Hi Regen, cmd 2 is a WHT holy attack w/ Magic Breakdown effect. It's a pretty nice support/healing bsb.

Relm's usb is pretty good too.

friz898

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...lic_discussion_iron_will_iron_fists_hug_your/

Top prizes on that banner are Celes' bsb2 which has the excellent Grand Cross effect as well as 3 self buffs (+ATK/DEF on entry, +ATK/-DEF bargain on cmd2, +15% Spellblade dmg for 2 turns on cmd1), and Celes' LMR which gives 25% chance to dualcast spellblades.

Some Mog fans are also pulling for Mog's bsb which gives party MAG/MND + Hastega on entry, cmd1 is instant Curaga+Hi Regen, cmd 2 is a WHT holy attack w/ Magic Breakdown effect. It's a pretty nice support/healing bsb.

Relm's usb is pretty good too.

Ya the Celes one does sound good.

I'm more about the Mog one. Let me google the Relm USB real quick...ya not bad.

I think I'd really want the Mog BSB then. I have his rev wall ssb, and he's lvl 99.

Not sure if the whole package is worth 50mythril though .. when there is so much going on right now.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Edit: Waradept, were you the one who told me about an upcoming Mog relic like a month ago? For some reason I thought it was Mog's USB, but when I was looking at soul breaks not out yet, neither Mog's BSB or USB seemed to be the OMG HYPE that I remembered expressing when you (or someone else) told me about it.

WarAdept

Ya the Celes one does sound good.

Edit: Waradept, were you the one who told me about an upcoming Mog relic like a month ago? For some reason I thought it was Mog's USB, but when I was looking at soul breaks not out yet, neither Mog's BSB or USB seemed to be the OMG HYPE that I remembered expressing when you (or someone else) told me about it.

Yeah that was me and it is indeed Mog's BSB.

And just in case you were wondering.

LM1: Heal +15%
LM2: 35% chance from Dancer abilities, cast medica h25
LMR: Stat buff duration +30%

friz898

Yeah that was me and it is indeed Mog's BSB.

Ok, well I want it. So that counts.

Can we start a rumor that when when they release Mog's BSB they'll release his record sphere too? perhaps if we spread it enough, it'll come true.

Oh I should hush, we got MC3 finally, I shouldn't be asking for so much.

friz898

20 minutes til go time? I thought last fest started in the morning.

I think you are right last one was at time of daily change which is always 2/3am

But ya it starts right now.

Edit: so for you guys at work or whatever, what we got tonight was an ultima weapon battle with d45 and d140 fights. Wasn't hard at all, I had no mitigation beyond RW Wall and I killed the d140 easy and fast.

You get 4star motes and 6star orbs. Nice!

For some reason 140 VIII costs 60 stamina, thought it was supposed to be 1.

Why are the upgrade material dungeons open?

Looks like we're not getting 25 free myhtril.

Looks like

25 from Orb dungeons
16 from Crisis dungeons
13 from VI
dailies plus shop about 10 for the week.

So I should have 50 more mythril by the time VI ends. Tough decision on VI-2 or b4. I would love a six star fist weapon and everything else on banner 2. Even my dupes of Sabin bangle and Leo sword would get 8 stars.

B4 has Zell burst, game breaker Ramza six star and Terra USB to pair with OSB.

jnWake

I've been getting better at beating Ultimate battles. Did that on FFXIII event and now in the Highway event. Thanks for the advice a few weeks ago, it made me up my game quite a bit!

Wasnt making an 8 star from a 5 star 8 million gil on the final reforge? It only cost me 3 million I think. I now have a fully 20-20 augmented High Summoner's staff. 173 mag, 152 mnd. Great red mage stick.

324-287 X synergy. Cross realm boost to fire damage.

Looking around, I guess it costs 2.5 mil gil to get to 8 star. Now I have 5.5 in the bank. Ha. Thought it was 8 mil.

friz898

I do remember it being incredibly expensive, but I haven't made an 8 star in at least 3 months.

As for the equipment materials, the little banner thing said "Upgrade Materials, Exp, and Gil throughout!" or whatever.

As in ya, it's going to be there during the whole fest.

friz898

Didn't screenshot my CM win but it was Laguna, Irvine, Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie. Hopefully the bosses get harder than this. :)

Ya, if twas easy even for a d140. I CM'ed it no problem as well.

The final boss, Sephiroth, is suppose to be challenging. I guess he has speed and hits twice along with casting Meteor and something else often. The speed thing is suppose to be like fighting Zidane I guess? But anyway .. .

I'm torn on the Imperil lucky. I have a ton of dupes on the banner and the only real prizes would be a poison, ice, or water imperil since those are the only ones I'm lacking. The potential for a disappointing draw is very high. On the other hand, it's "only" 25 mythrils...

Wasnt making an 8 star from a 5 star 8 million gil on the final reforge? It only cost me 3 million I think. I now have a fully 20-20 augmented High Summoner's staff. 173 mag, 152 mnd. Great red mage stick.

324-287 X synergy. Cross realm boost to fire damage.

Looking around, I guess it costs 2.5 mil gil to get to 8 star. Now I have 5.5 in the bank. Ha. Thought it was 8 mil.

You're probably thinking of making a 9* from a 6* base, which is 18m (if/when 6* dark matter gets added to the game)

Falk

that puzzling face
Am I dumb or is there no way to utilize favorite slots in MP?

Because as horrifically tedious it is to use the MP UI for doing... anything, you'd think having loadouts for it would have been a priority over adding more SP slots.

Syntsui

Remember when login rewards for fests were good? I feel like there is nothing to celebrate here really, there is no reason to even refill here considering the dailies are good enough and there is no curve to get ahead of as long as you get Cloud USB.

friz898

Ya, I feel the same.

I assumed this morning that surely JP has upcoming fests that have better rewards.

I think we get about the same amount for 90stam instead of 120stam, plus the little cactaurs do add up.

(Plus exp and money)

So I mean, ya, I'm doing the fest over the daily, especially since I need the money, but I already checked to see what orbs were today, so if I find myself ready to create something and I'm just missing wind and lightning, I'll not sweat it if I do a few daily rounds.

That's impatient thinking, but I really like seeing my work pay off as I do it, otherwise honing these 5star abilities is going to get overwhelming really quick.

Orbs are less of a priority for me overall than EXP and Gil, so for me it's exciting to have all three of those things bundled up into one grind, rather than separate dailies that give me only one out of the three.

friz898

I've been getting better at beating Ultimate battles. Did that on FFXIII event and now in the Highway event. Thanks for the advice a few weeks ago, it made me up my game quite a bit!

Late reply, but ya this forum has helped me plenty.

I was doing worse than people who I'd been playing almost twice as long as, simply because I hadn't considered there being proven relics or strategies that work. I didn't join this community until I had already been playing for over a year.

I had all my leveling mostly done, and I had honed alot of abilities, and had decent amount of relics, but it wasn't until I started reading this forum that I really crossed that road of being able to do nightmares and motes and torments or the final fight of an event.

Before this forum, I had goggled a couple of things, and was getting by, but nothing like today. Being able to do a lot of things on the first or second try and never thinking the only way I can beat something is by using mythil-revive phoenix bonuses. I wouldn't dare spend a mythril on a revive now. Haven't in many months.

Balphon

Am I dumb or is there no way to utilize favorite slots in MP?

Because as horrifically tedious it is to use the MP UI for doing... anything, you'd think having loadouts for it would have been a priority over adding more SP slots.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would need 60 SP favorites but even like 3 MP favorites would be helpful.

friz898

At one time I had a favorite setup for every final fantasy so having 20 slots was perfect but they would become outdated so fast that it wasn't worth the trouble.

It especially mattered less when I wasn't clearing dungeons anymore.

Top Bottom