• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

jnWake

I have a team that is like "strongest characters" and another one that's like "characters I'm currently leveling" and that's it.

If I had enough units I'd probably make teams for each game.

Also, best part of the fest is getting Mythril for me haha. Now I have enough for one Lucky Pull.

friz898

I barely use favorites now, but I'm a big believer in tailoring a team for each individual fight rather than using one-size-fits-all teams.

Well I use to be like that but for example FF2 after firion I do not have a single relic.

Taking Relm with burst and last stand is result changer over taking Minwu or taking O Knight with his 3 relics and fully dived record sphere is the difference in a win if I instead took Leon or Ricard.

When I finally changed to that, that's when I started winning without challenge. I have my 5 best but there is about 3-5 more I switch out depending on the fight.

But A team or not, if an element is involved I build a team around that.

Xetherion

I use a lot of favorites, though i don't need 60. I have two for my A team, one with ST support and another for AOE dances. Then I have one for each Daily dungeon. I have a couple others, but I never use them anymore.

I could use the extra slots for CM teams, but they become outdated so fast it's usually not worth it.

friz898

Wooohoooo!

Got two Major Summon and 1 Major Ice in one round. First time on a fest or daily for me. I know a few have been that lucky two but finally I joined the club.

I actually just thought of a good use for all the favorite slots. I have so many SBs I don't even know what they all are anymore. En-holy? Ummm... atk/mag buff? Ummm

So I could save favorites for every buff/debuff id and just load it full of people with tht exact buff/debuff.

I'd never even bother assembling one of these parties, it would be strictly to keep track of who has what

friz898

I actually just thought of a good use for all the favorite slots. I have so many SBs I don't even know what they all are anymore. En-holy? Ummm... atk/mag buff? Ummm

So I could save favorites for every buff/debuff id and just load it full of people with tht exact buff/debuff.

I'd never even bother assembling one of these parties, it would be strictly to keep track of who has what

Are you anti excel? On top of that, I took a pic of it blown up on my phone. So it's not like I need to load a spreadsheet.

I mean not a bad idea, but loading a photo on your phone from your gallery seems easier.

Are you anti excel? On top of that, I took a pic of it blown up on my phone. So it's not like I need to load a spreadsheet.

I mean not a bad idea, but loading a photo on your phone from your gallery seems easier.

The fact that you asked if I'm anti excel shows how little you know about me. I'm probably the biggest excel nerd that ever lived :). It's kinda overkill though if all you wanna do is make a list, and it's a bit less convenient because editing/ reading spreadsheets sucks on a phone

friz898

The fact that you asked if I'm anti excel shows how little you know about me. I'm probably the biggest excel nerd that ever lived :). It's kinda overkill though if all you wanna do is make a list, and it's a bit less convenient because editing/ reading spreadsheets sucks on a phone

Well cpp how would I know you? Hence why I'm confused that you wouldn't use it. Of course all I know about you is that you apparently like Trump, live in the Bay area, and can afford to spend more money on FFRK than I can. :D

I don't open/edit/browse spread sheets on a phone.

I have it blown up on my 55inch tv, then I take a photo of it with my iphone. I did that for my Relic-Element List and my Buff ID codes list.

Hitting home button, Camera, photos (or just going straight to photos) is like 5 full seconds.

Here is an example:

EiwFzSAl.jpg

Edit: I'm a big excel guru, I have much fancier things I use at home, or made for the military in the past. I never did learn Access though, and I wish I had.

Anustart

Well cpp how would I know you? Hence why I'm confused that you wouldn't use it. Of course all I know about you is that you apparently like Trump, live in the Bay area, and can afford to spend more money on FFRK than I can. :D

I don't open/edit/browse spread sheets on a phone.

I have it blown up on my 55inch tv, then I take a photo of it with my iphone. I did that for my Relic-Element List and my Buff ID codes list.

Hitting home button, Camera, photos (or just going straight to photos) is like 5 full seconds.

Here is an example:

EiwFzSAl.jpg

Edit: I'm a big excel guru, I have much fancier things I use at home, or made for the military in the past. I never did learn Access though, and I wish I had.

That's too much for me. I see what relics break down different stats and assume they stack. Job done.

friz898

That's too much for me. I see what relics break down different stats and assume they stack. Job done.

For sure, it's more about keeping a list of what I have, because I forget.

So if I'm needing some mitigation or some kind of breakdown debuffing, i can glance at this list and be like "ahh, that's right, I have Faris rev wall"

That example is actually an easy one that can I remember, but I forget about things like Braska's mag buff, or that maybe I should bring Rapha because not only will she have the burst heal, but that Mag buff stacking ontop of VoF or Alphi's definitely means I should take her over someone else.

Now whenever I add to it, it takes a whole 5 seconds, further below on the list is all the id codes and what stats they affect, just not needed in a picture on my phone. Also knowing I should bring Fang for a FF13CM because she has (single target) rev wall, is something that I had forgotten until I was making the list a couple months ago.

Edit: I thought we were suppose to get one of our lucky draws tonight? Bleh.

Edit2: Well anyway, got a d60 and a d160 fight tonight. d160 took two tries, first time I wasn't killing fast enough for the Doom timer. Bring Cid since he'll doom you and give you a Darkness spell buff when he does.

I don't see myself ever using all 60 slots, but it is very much a welcome expansion. I have a slot for every FF (for quick building of CM runs), one for my leveling team that I use for all dailies / pre-boss rush event battles and then one for my Mage, Holy, Wind and Water teams. I would have made more, but my slots were full. Now I never have to worry about that happening. :D

I also wish I had pulled my fingernails out and then used them to stab the festering bleeding pools of flesh where my fingernails used to be.

Oh wait, no I don't.

(PS: I will not be out-nerded when it comes to Excel. We can go at it if you like)

friz898

I also wish I had pulled my fingernails out and then used them to stab the festering bleeding pools of flesh where my fingernails used to be.

Oh wait, no I don't.

(PS: I will not be out-nerded when it comes to Excel. We can go at it if you like)

I'd be happier if you could simply make a draw worth pulling on to show up. I have 25 Father's Day bucks and 70mythril that are burning badly in my pocket.

evangd007

Barthandelus - 1 try CM + mastery

My XIII CM crew is a legit team in and of itself:

Raines - 65 (BSB)
Vanille - 99 (BSB)
Nabaat - 65 (SSB)
Noel - 80 (SSB)
Serah - 65 (SSB)

Healer BSB, hastega, stackable faithga, reverse wall, it's all here! Noel even covers the stun condition.

friz898

I've never come into this thread expecting to find an Excel debate before.

Though in retrospect it's obvious really.

I felt more safe sharing my nerdy list making after seeing the countless guides, charts, and webpage databases made for the game.

And ya it's all about crunching numbers and best multipliers and percentages etc. it's very mathy if you get fanatical about it.

WarAdept

What the fuck Ramza, chill bro

FFTA event banners
=======
Banner 1

Agrias USB - 10xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, enemy ATK/MAG -50%, Enholy, self Knight dmg up
Marche USB - 10xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, EnHoly, self EX Mode "Speed Combo" (ATK +30% and grant Front Row Quickcast when using Knight abilities)
Ramza USB

Ramza BSB2 - EnHoly, Party ATK+50% and Haste, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 5xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg with no SB accumulated
Cmd 2 - Charge SB gauge a very large amount

Marche BSB - 8xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, Party ATK/MND +30%, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 3xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, self Knight++ 3
Cmd 2 - 2xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, self Sentinel

Agrias BSB
Meliadoul BSB

Ramza LMR - Start battle with full ATB and Instant Cast 1
Agrias LMR - Low chance to doublecast Knight abilities
Marche LMR - Medium Knight dmg up when equipping Swords

Marche SSB - Party Medica 40% HP, DEF +100% and Esuna
Ramza SSB2
=======
Banner 2

Gaffgarion USB - 10xST random Dark/Non-ele physical dmg, EnDark, self ATK/DEF +30% and cast "Power of Darkness" (2xST Dark/Non-ele physical dmg with HP Drain) when using Darkness abilities
Ovelia USB
Rapha USB

Mont Blanc BSB - 10xST Fire/Ice/Lightning magic dmg, party MAG/DEF +30%, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 4xST Fire/Ice/Lightning magic dmg
Cmd 2 - 2xST Fire/Ice/Lightning magic dmg, self MAG +30% / RES -30%

Gaffgarion BSB
Rapha BSB
Mustadio BSB

Gaffgarion LMR - When critical HP, auto full HP recovery and self Quick Cast for a period of time (once per battle)
Mont Blanc LMR - Medium chance to self Quickcast 1 when using Black Magic abilities
Ovelia LMR

Mont Blanc SSB - Party MAG/MND +30% and Haste
Mustadio SSB
=======

Kain

I was expecting Ramza's BSB2 to be an improved Shout, actually. Now you won't need LS anymore to charge his gauge, so you can safely carry FB+Some breakdown for example. It's very cool

Kain

1/11 obviously, Rikku's BSB. It's a nice one and I didn't have water imperil, so pretty happy overall.

Now I only lack imperil fire. And earth, but nobody cares about earth lol

Tidd

I want his BSB2 and his LMR! Instant cast and FULL ATB. Wish Tyro had this for Wall.

Imperil LD results:
I would call my pull: Laguna/11
Got his BSB and his ice imperil SSB. I'll take it. Wanted a lightning imperil for a long time to combine it with Kain.

Balphon

3/11 - Zidane BSB1 (dupe, 8* ahoy), 2x Lightning BSB2

Turning a 3/11 into an effective 1/11 sucks, but Lightning BSB2 is a great get for me since I already have her dualcast relic LM. Worth it.

2/11, Zack BSB dupe and Seymour BSB.

I have Jecht's EnDark BSB and maybe another EnDark as well (can't recall), so I guess I can make a Dark team now.

Edit: EnDark BSBs for Jecht and Gaffgarion. SSB for Sephiroth and SB for Kuja.

MrDaravon

4/11 - Laguna SSB x2, Laguna BSB, Zack BSB

No dupes (other than pulling Laguna's Vega twice....). I don't think I had an imperil Wind and IIRC Zack's BSB is solid. Same for Laguna, I have other decent Lightning relics but no Imperil Lightnings so this gives me that and he could in theory wreck with his CMD2 which would give me two instant casts of Tempest Strike, so I should murder the fuck out of Lightning-weak bosses now. His imperil Ice SSB is also not bad, I have a couple Ice SB's (mostly Edea's BSB) but no imperials.

Pretty happy with this.

Ahnez

3/11 Fusoya SSB, Exdeath BSB and Edward BSB

I don't know how good they are, but Edward's commands looks very useful.

1/11 Kimahri's BSB. Seems like a good relic. My only other water SB is Tidus OSB so the imperil doesn't help too much. It should finally be more than enough to do the Torment CM.

2/11 locke bsb (dupe imperil fire) and edward bsb (new imperil holy)

Was hoping for imperil wind since I don't have any, but edward bsb still looks pretty good. I have 2 imperil holy relics now (agrias and edward), so i guess it's nice that i can get 2 stacks of imperil right away and free up Agrias to focus on damage (eg cloud usb rw + agrias ssb for 7 hits against a double imperiled enemy)

Xetherion

2/11 Galuf bsb and Jihl bsb, both new, both elements i didn't have imperils for before (fire and dark).

Been wanting Galuf bsb for a long time too, super happy with this pull!

This pull reminded me that with all these new favorites slots I should make some elemental teams.

Fire: Galuf imperil, Refia enFire bsb, Vincent enFire ssb + bsb, Krile enFire bsb, Yda bsb, and Vivi osb. Got a good Fire team now.

Ice: uhh... Rinoa bsb. Oh yeah, got Reynn's enIce bsb recently too. Still pretty weak at Ice though.

Lightning: uhh... Desch's old enLightning unique. Yeah, seriously lacking Lightning stuff.

Water: Yuffie bsb, a couple ssb's not worth using probably. Water is another weak element for me.

Wind: Fujin bsb, Alphi enWind bsb, Zidane enWind ssb + imperil bsb + osb (all from Luckys, i don't even like Zidane), Fang enWind ssb. Wind team is strong, but I wish i had an imperil on someone else since i'd rather use Zidane's bars for enWind and osb spam.

Earth: Maria bsb (this is enEarth right? can't remember if it's Earth or Fire), Yang enEarth bsb. Earth's not too bad, need an imperil though.

Poison: Edgar imperil ssb, Quistis osb. Not terrible, will be better if i get Quistis' enBio bsb.

Holy: Beatrix imperil bsb, Pecil enHoly bsb, Celes enHoly bsb, Agrias imperil bsb, Ceodore bsb, Ramza bsb, Raines bsb. Holy is by far my strongest element. Not even sure who I would put on this team besides Beatrix + Agrias. Probably Pecil + Ceo since Ceo can actually work as a healer. Or if a boss is already Weak to Holy i can leave Beatrix and Agrias out and bring Celes and either Ramza or Raines. I guess i should actually make two Holy teams lol.

Dark: Jihl imperil bsb, Raines bsb, Leon bsb. Dark team is pretty good too. Would prefer another Dark mage bsb to take Leon's spot so i can focus on faithgas though.

Pejo

Got Agrias and Exdeath BSB's, and Raines SSB. Imperil holyx2 and dark, exactly what I needed.

Still wanted Locke's BSB just because I like him, but c'est la vie.

So this orbfest just went from "better than dailies" to "GOATfest". First of all, we're at 43 stamina / major orb, which is ~20% better than dailies. Yay! Especially combined with gil + exp.

But I'll let you in on a little secret. Those waves of 5 mini-cactuars? When they drop greaters, it's only ever one type. Which type depends on what stage you're on. In Phase 1, stage 1 = summon, stage 2 = ice, stage 3 = earth.

What does this mean? Well it means if you want ice orbs, you can just farm stage 2 and this will happen

dWVYSDTl.png

Because greaters make up such a large percentage of overall winnings, it makes a big difference.

If you want a specific kind of orb, then normally you'd have a 1/3 chance to get it, so 43 stamina / major would normally be about 129 stamina / major of the type you want.

But if you're farming the same stage over and over, your orbs will be skewed to a ratio of about 50/25/25 toward the kind you a farming. So now instead of 1 earth, 1 ice, 1 summon, you would have .75 earth, .75 ice, 1.5 summon, which is only 86 stamina / major of the type you want.

Dividing by 3, this is equivalent to if the orbfest were 28.67 stamina / major with all types being equal, which is what we're used to.

So, TL;DR - Assuming you value 1 specific type of orb, this fest is equivalent to a 28.67 stamina / major fest

Xetherion

So this orbfest just went from "better than dailies" to "GOATfest". First of all, we're at 43 stamina / major orb, which is ~20% better than dailies. Yay! Especially combined with gil + exp.

But I'll let you in on a little secret. Those waves of 5 mini-cactuars? When they drop greaters, it's only ever one type. Which type depends on what stage you're on. In Phase 1, stage 1 = summon, stage 2 = ice, stage 3 = earth.

What does this mean? Well it means if you want ice orbs, you can just farm stage 2 and this will happen

dWVYSDTl.png

Because greaters make up such a large percentage of overall winnings, it makes a big difference.

If you want a specific kind of orb, then normally you'd have a 1/3 chance to get it, so 43 stamina / major would normally be about 129 stamina / major of the type you want.

But if you're farming the same stage over and over, your orbs will be skewed to a ratio of about 50/25/25 toward the kind you a farming. So now instead of 1 earth, 1 ice, 1 summon, you would have .75 earth, .75 ice, 1.5 summon, which is only 86 stamina / major of the type you want.

Dividing by 3, this is equivalent to if the orbfest were 28.67 stamina / major with all types being equal, which is what we're used to.

So, TL;DR - Assuming you value 1 specific type of orb, this fest is equivalent to a 28.67 stamina / major fest

Oh man, that is good to know. Looks like i'm farming stage 1 until this phase ends.

Top Bottom