• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Jarekx

Pulled on Curaga. 2(Dupes)/11
Selphie USB and Vanille SSB.

Was hoping for a healer BSB ( Y'shtola plzzzz) but i'll take my 7 star rod.

Did anyone pull on Curaga Lucky?
I did!

Lute was a dupe, and I have Yuna's BSB already. However, Ovelia's finally gives me a Tactics Medica, \o/.

I was secretly hoping for a Relm relic though, because I made these two pulls earlier on VI-1 banner:

I didn't luck out on either of Celes's new relics or Relm's Medicas (
I also thought one of those Setzer relics was his BSB... v_v
), but my VI team is still solid:

- Mage -
BSB Mog
EnPoison BSB Kefka
EnFire SSB Terra
SSB Setzer
LM Relm
RW Wall

- Hybrid -
Sunbath Mog
Hastemarch Kefka
IB Celes / BSB Edgar / % Medica SSB Sabin / EnFire SSB Locke
SSB Setzer
LM Relm
RW Wall

evangd007

- Geryon CM was a slog, and FFIV is one of my best CM realms. Slows all around, % health damage, status ailment hell, and omni-resist final phase hurts when Golbez and Cecil's BSBs don't have NE backup.

- I was 8/24 on Curaga lucky, so I pulled: 3/11 - Minwu SSB (dupe), Relm USB, Eiko USB. First medicas in 6 and 9.

Mknzy

I pulled, because I have plenty of realms that I don't have a group heal for. I had a good pull, got Yuna's USB, Larsa's BSB, and Selphie's Dreamstage SSB. Can't complain about that one!

I pulled even though I really didn't need to, mostly because YOLO.

4/11
Sarah SSB (new)
Ysh'tola BSB (dupe)
Lenna SSB (dupe)
Selphie SSB (dupe)

FFI is one of my worst realms and pretty uncommon for good synergy items, so I guess Sarah's item is good.

Xetherion

Curaga Lucky: 3/11, dupe Hamelin (now have an 8* Hamelin), Larsa bsb and Penelo usb, both new.

Welcome pull as only medica i had for XII before was Penelo's old Unique.

FFVI-1: 5/11! dupe Fixed Dice x2 (now have an 8* Fixed Dice), Celes Ragnarok!, Relm usb x2

5/11 is the highest number of relics i've gotten in an 11 pull, too bad there were so many dupes, but not complaining since I got Celes' new bsb. Now i'm tempted to chase her LMR, but a redditor already posted a thread of his chasing the LMR giving him tons of dupes until he got it.

Still probably going to Legend Dive Celes now to get her LM2 so she can build SB gauge better. Want to be able to chain bsb1 into bsb2 for enHoly.

Been loving this orbfest so far. I started at about 85 major earth, 30 major summon, and 10 major ice, and 5 million gil. I'm up to 135 major earth, 80 major summon, 82 major ice, and 25 million gil. I've also taken 3 characters from 80 to 99 and about 20 characters from 50 - 65. I need about 6 or 7 more characters to 65 and then I'll have all non-core characters at 65. From there I'll try to get them all to 80.

2x11 FFVI pulls:
Lightbringer for Celes
Gaia Bell for Mog
Mutsunokami for Cyan
Death Tarot for Setzer

So tempting to do a third pull. Do want Celes's BSB2 or LM.

3/11 Healer LD:
Wizer Rod for Aerith
Perseus Bow for Maria (Dupe)
Ancient Lute for Sarah

Mostly for CM gear, 2/3 ain't bad.

friz898

I passed out shortly after my post to Cuth last night.

Time to go do the event, I need to not pull on the curaga lucky...

Edit: Couldn't resist since I forgot I was going to get all that mythril from the event I haven't done yet.

100gem pull was 3star trash.

Curaga pull was 5/11. My first 5/11.

Aerith USB, and 4 SSB --> Penelo, Larsa, Relm, Lenna. I already have better for all but Larsa.

But getting Aerith USB and Larsa SSB, along with the fact that it was my first 5/11 is nice.

Is there a XV event, mini-event? Does XII drop next Thursday? That will get me over the top for VI-2 banner. Really want Strago's Whale Whisker Res 100 along with all the other top items.

Sitting at 30 mythril.

friz898

Having trouble with the CM Greyron or whatever his name is.

He must be from TAY, since I didn't play more than 5 hours of that game.

Just don't have enough dmg output so far before Wall wears off.

friz898

Geryon is a bonus boss from FFIV DS.

Not sure why they put it in this. Guess because the four fiends mash-up look is cool.

Ah, FFIV is probably my favorite Final Fantasy. I've beat the SNES version 6 or so times, the PSP version once, and the DS version once.

I must not have did any of the bonus battles, but I'm not surprised, I had just bought a DS FF3, FF4, DQ5 and DQ9 all on the same day.

Ah, FFIV is probably my favorite Final Fantasy. I've beat the SNES version 6 or so times, the PSP version once, and the DS version once.

I must not have did any of the bonus battles, but I'm not surprised, I had just bought a DS FF3, FF4, DQ5 and DQ9 all on the same day.

Damn, you're like the only other person I've ever heard say that. FFIV is also my favorite. First I found out you're an excel nerd, now you're an FFIV fanatic. what gives?!

I had Geryon down to 20 percent CM. Leveling up Palom to 99 for a better chance. Once he hits resist mode it's a slog. Does he have vulnerabilities? Interrupt wasnt working. Slow? Does not help I have no breaker besides Rosa who is obviously healing and casting shell.

When the hell do we get more 4 star spirit motes?

friz898

Damn, you're like the only other person I've ever heard say that. FFIV is also my favorite. First I found out you're an excel nerd, now you're an FFIV fanatic. what gives?!

My parents couldnt afford to buy it, so I would rent it for two days like every weekend. It really became a drill to see how far I could get before we had to return the game. I think I always ran out of time shortly after getting to the underworld. Usually around Rydia's Summoner Village.

It was nice when I got older and could afford to actually beat the game. I also I really got wrapped up with the Kain/Cecil/Golbez stuff.

I was really heartbroken when I played TAY on the PSP and didn't like it at all.

I had Geryon down to 20 percent CM. Leveling up Palom to 99 for a better chance. Once he hits resist mode it's a slog. Does he have vulnerabilities? Interrupt wasnt working. Slow? Does not help I have no breaker besides Rosa who is obviously healing and casting shell.

When the hell do we get more 4 star spirit motes?

I went really slow at the beginning in phase 1 and just kept healing and buffs up while using Lifesiphon and Wrath. After I had like 2-3 bars I got him to the end and just used a ton of OSBs on him to finish off the last 20%.

OSBs that do Non-Elemental are nice because they can still hit 50k+. I also had Rosa for Magic Blink and Edge for Physical Blink + Last Stand. Last Stand saved my ass more than once.

friz898

I went really slow at the beginning in phase 1 and just kept healing and buffs up while using Lifesiphon and Wrath. After I had like 2-3 bars I got him to the end and just used a ton of OSBs on him to finish off the last 20%.

OSBs that do Non-Elemental are nice because they can still hit 50k+. I also had Rosa for Magic Blink and Edge for Physical Blink + Last Stand. Last Stand saved my ass more than once.

Ya, I'm on attempt 7 or 8. This last time I had him within a sliver, the big change was using Deployment Tactics instead of Wall. The Atk/Mag buff and from the damage the radiant shield was a big difference maker.

I just don't have much for FFIV. I do have Edge's Blink-Stand, and I have Rosa SSB/Blink but nothing after that. May try to work Decil back in since I have his burst.

friz898

Alright, finally got it. Mastered too, so I don't have to go back and beat it with my main team.

Since it was challenging, I'll post my setup.

Edge - ShadowSteel/Hydroburst - Blink/Last Stand
Rosa - Magic Breakdown/Ultra Cure - Medica/Blink SSB
Kain - Lightning Dive/Dragoon Jump
Ceodore - Shellga/Curaise
Golbez - Chain Waterga/Meteor

RW - Alphi and his Deployment Tactics

and woot woot, we get a MC3 for it!

Thorgal

so i haven't played this game for a few months . decided to fire it up .

See there is a 11x pull for half cost and decided why not ?

screenshot_20170623-1scumt.png

friz898

Hey do we all agree that Relm BSB with Last Stand and Lenna USB with nice stacking buffs is better than Aerith USB which is only insta heal and Shell?

WarAdept

Knew I should've have pulled.

3/11.

Seraphim Rod (Porom SSB) - Dupe
Artemis Bow (Rosa SSB) - Not much value since I have Poroms SSB and her excellent BSB.
Cresent Wish (Selphie SSB) - Upgrade since my only medica in VIII is her ancient Trabia's Light.

friz898

Hey do we all agree that Relm BSB with Last Stand and Lenna USB with nice stacking buffs is better than Aerith USB which is only insta heal and Shell?

Hi, didn't want this to get missed during Thorgal's insane pull.

I'm trying to figure out if she should replace Lenna (and her USB) as my other main healer. I'm thinking Lenna's is better than Aerith's.

My options are Kain, Rosa, Palom, Rydia, Edge and Cecil. Could take Rydia out and put in Cecil. He can back up heal and Shell while Rosa can get in a break of some sort. Yeah, I also have Edge's last stand. That with his haste is giving me a fighting chance. I have no OSB for IV.

Knew I should've have pulled.

3/11.

Seraphim Rod (Porom SSB) - Dupe
Artemis Bow (Rosa SSB) - Not much value since I have Poroms SSB and her excellent BSB.
Cresent Wish (Selphie SSB) - Upgrade since my only medica in VIII is her ancient Trabia's Light.

I take it you have Rosa's burst? I was a bit disappointed with seeing Artemis pop up a few months ago. It's crazy good for magic bosses. I was wrong.

Her USB, as you know, is that plus stock and instant? The vanilla version is good and could be better than her burst in magic fights.

Edit. You have Porom. You could run Rosa as a breaker with the emergency heal, blink.

ZangBa

I'm thinking of diving Vaan or Refia, already started on Y'shtola. Should I hold off for now? I don't know if Vaan will ever leave my main team TBH.

jnWake

Larsa's thing was a dupe. I don't know how Eiko's considered in the meta but the BSB seems pretty useful for IX stuff.

Also, watching so many of you get good pulls with the 100 gem stuff I decided to spend a bit to get gems and did 3 100 gem pulls.

Only got 3* relics lol

And final note of my post, I'm now able to clear d180 stuff! Lots of progress these past weeks. Now I need some good Atk debuff BSB because those guys give me trouble haha. Vaan's BSB takes care of all magic attacks.

WarAdept

I take it you have Rosa's burst? I was a bit disappointed with seeing Artemis pop up a few months ago. It's crazy good for magic bosses. I was wrong.

Her USB, as you know, is that plus stock and instant? The vanilla version is good and could be better than her burst in magic fights.

Edit. You have Porom. You could run Rosa as a breaker with the emergency heal, blink.

Yeah if anything she can run as a secondary support with Wrathable magic blink.

Pulled on my partners account... 3 USB.

Selphie
Yuna
Penelo

Fuuuuuuuck

I don't know how Eiko's considered in the meta but the BSB seems pretty useful for IX stuff.

It's super good for physical teams, with the bonus to crit chance.

Well I succumbed to temptation and did a couple more pulls on VI, in search of Relm relics. No luck, but I am now the proud owner of a completed Celes, which is pretty cool.

graywords

Curaga banner was totally worth it. 3/11: Yuna SSB (first X medica), Rosa BSB (only had her SSB), and Selphie USB (first VIII medica). Couldn't be happier. :D

Imperil banner was only 1/11, but it was Rikku BSB, and X synergy was sorely needed.

Will just have to hope for the best on the BSB+ banner tomorrow. Lots of good stuff, but lots of dupe possibilities.

Seriously. Screw the grind that is doing events from the beginning stages up through +++. It is such a goddamned waste of time. This has to be addressed somehow. Please. Seriously. Please.

Gratz on the pulls. Waiting for the BSB banner, then Clod. I think. I'll avoid the healers, because <3 Vanille and I did get Relm's stuff. Plus I think I have Eiko's BSB too?

I really should annotate what I've got for myself.

jnWake

Time for (yet) another noob question: How do you guys keep track of when to renew buffs/debuffs? I'm trying to beat Gilga highway Apocalypse but eventually I always reach a point where I didn't time a buff/debuff correctly and end up losing.

friz898

Time for (yet) another noob question: How do you guys keep track of when to renew buffs/debuffs? I'm trying to beat Gilga highway Apocalypse but eventually I always reach a point where I didn't time a buff/debuff correctly and end up losing.

You may get better or smarter answers from the other vets here, but for me, I just do about 3 rounds depending on the situation. If I really need to stretch it out, I may go another round knowing I'm pushing it.

If I have a healer who at round 2 has no healing to do, I may go ahead and refresh Protectga/Shellga (Since I have like 10 hones of it) and do it now while its safe.

But roughly 3 rounds. For Wall, you'll always know if you timed it a bit off when that next AE takes everybody down to like 20%. Next try, just do less rounds.

The other thing to mention is that perhaps some here, but hardest-of-hardcore on reddit and such, they use timers to time it, and even account for the MND stat of the caster. I couldn't be bothered to do all that.

I hope this helps.

Balphon

The more recent (and by that I mean, like, the last one) events in JP have every fight unlocked when the event releases, all the way up to A+.

You don't have to clear the lower stuff if you don't want to, but you won't get the rewards.

Top Bottom