• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Anustart

Dumb question but I have 2 characters for whom I need memory crystal to break their level cap but I am out of memory crystals.

Is there a way I can get those right now or will I have to wait until those character crystals appear in a event?

Greens shop sells em, I think? Am I right? I dunno have to Check! Brb

Edit: seems I was wrong.

Ahnez

Dumb question but I have 2 characters for whom I need memory crystal to break their level cap but I am out of memory crystals.

Is there a way I can get those right now or will I have to wait until those character crystals appear in a event?

You can get extra lodes from the nightmare dungeons.

friz898

Doing Gilgamesh,CM was tough. I have relics for 5 chars including Lenna USB but what finally got it was using Deployment tactics instead of Wall

Similar as Greyron was better with it as well, so many AE.

I got it down to 15% right away .. but that last few percent was tough. It probably took me 10-12 tries.

Edit: what do we have tonight? I am all caught up and bored again. When does fest change. And is Sephirotn tonight?

Xetherion

It may be tough to go with Yuna BSB2 as the only healer. I usually roll with her and Vanilla, Tyro for Wall, and 2 mage DPS.

Meh, i don't need 2 healers, i complete all content with just Vanille. If Yuna can't take her place then i'll just stick with Vanille and continue using RW for 3rd faithga.

Kenai

Meh, i don't need 2 healers, i complete all content with just Vanille. If Yuna can't take her place then i'll just stick with Vanille and continue using RW for 3rd faithga.

Yuna to me is more like one of those psuedo DPS who have some incremental healing while doing their normal thing. Seems some summoner/paladin types do that with some of their BSBs, like Ceodore and Garnet, and a few others like Rafa and Ashe. I'm not sure I'd use her as a main healer though, her BSB2 is definitely damage/buff focused.

Finally did it. Used about 40-50 mythril worth of refreshes, but I now have all non-core characters at level 65 or higher. Overall it was about 60 characters that I got from somewhere between 1 and 50 to 65

Orb wise, i started with 18 major summon, 10 major ice, and 76 major earth. Now I'm sitting at 116 major summon, 120 major ice, and 173 major earth.

Gil-wise, started at 6 million, now at 38 million.

I'd say that's pretty good for phase 1. I can never get enough ice and summon, so I could probably keep going, but I might chill out now and wait for phase 2.

RivalCore

Scored Penelo's and Eiko's USB as well as Garnet's BSB2 and Kuja's. I think I won't be pulling on the summer banners since I really only chasing healing BSB/USBs.

Alright maybe one pull on Banner 1.

ZangBa

I'm completely skipping fest banners with my glorious sub 50 mythril. I have 4 dupes on every banner, probably more dupes after these LD's, so I'm all in on the FFVII banner. I just hope I can make it to 100 mythril by then.

Thorgal

while it isn't as insane as my previous pull i stil got zero dupes on today's pull so i am still happy :p

screenshot_20170624-1kjs23.png

friz898

while it isn't as insane as my previous pull i stil got zero dupes on today's pull so i am still happy :p

screenshot_20170624-1kjs23.png

Ya Thorgal, you've had some good luck.

Good to see your name on the board again, hope you stick around a bit.

Just curious, did you quit because some other game got your attention, cause RL got busy, or because FFRK got boring/frustrating?

Thorgal

Ya Thorgal, you've had some good luck.

Good to see your name on the board again, hope you stick around a bit.

Just curious, did you quit because some other game got your attention, cause RL got busy, or because FFRK got boring/frustrating?

Mostly a combination of the first 2 .

Now that Stormblood is out my time will still be mostly spend on that but i am trying to squeeze some time in for ffrk .

WarAdept

Anyone use Rapid Fire? Is it worth creating?

Just going to put say that despite some people hating on this ability, it's actually quite a high DPS ability and comparable to everything else of it's rarity.

Rapid Fire has a multiplier of 3.5

Compared to other popular 5* abilities.

Saint's Cross has a multiplier of 3.4
Thief's Revenge has a multiplier of 3.5
All Spellblade Strikes have a multiplier of 3.2

Never has a problem with bumping into the damage cap. (Which is big as I commonly cap the above abilities sans TR, when RF goes over 20k)

It's also ranged and good Machinists like Laguna can equip a Sword for realm synergy and you can slap him in the back row for full damage.

The only downside is it's random targets, so this may be a problem in AoE fights when you want to focus fire (which then you can use Tempest Snipe).

friz898

Mostly a combination of the first 2 .

Now that Stormblood is out my time will still be mostly spend on that but i am trying to squeeze some time in for ffrk .

My 12yo 8th grader asked me today if we could both install FF XIV and play the new expansion together.

I told him that I'm sure it'd be fun, but I just don't have time to play an MMO right now, that I hadn't touched ESO in like 3 months.

Tidd

Will do one pull for this fest on Banner 1, hoping for Garnet's BSB2 or a 6*. Will probably get a 1/11 Wizard Rod! .__.
expect a "called it" post later tonight!

After this I have 0 mythril so no Cloud USB for me. Next interesting relic would be Rikku's USB but the rest of the banner sucks. So yeah no pull for me until we get the next maintenance (except for LD)

A little preview for me to see for what I should save up for:

Banner 2 of the next FF VIII event seems nice. Ice Chain from Rinoa, new BSB for her, Fujin LMR and OSB, and Raijin SSB returns!
The FF VII event after Cloud's USB introduces Vincent's and Red XIII USB. So that's another banner I'm looking forward to for now.
Sometimes after this we should get our first real FF XV event. Completely new realm, which means every pull would be a win for synergy. Outside of that the Noctis stuff is pretty good and Iris' BSB seems great. (Cura heal + Stoneskin + Astra with the average healer bsb cmds.
With the XI event we get Aphmau with her USB (Instant cast, curaga, haste and Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant cast to party is always great!)
Then we should get a "fake?" fest for the magicite dungeons, which is an easy skip.
Up next is a new FF V event. Bartz's USB, triple cast LMR and BSB3 as well as Faris USB2, so many good things.
And another FF VI right before the next fest! Want Setzer's USB + LMR and Shadows USB.
30th anniversary fest: Really want Zidane's USB from Banner 3 and Banner 5 introduces Noctis and Alphinaud's USB which seems like great USBs.

Stuff that I may be interested after the 30th anniversary fest: Refia's USB, Edea USB, Kain USB, Tidus BSB2/USB, Paine USB and then we finally get the god banner: FFTA

So next pull may be on the FF VIII banner depending on how much mythril I have.
Must-pull events would be: FFXV (for synergy), V, 30th anniversary fest and FFTA.

Tbh I think this pull is even better than your curaga LD pull. Congrats!

Edit:

Here we go.
Spoiler: I didn't get a Wizard Rod!
3/11
Yuffie USB *obviously new*
Quistis BSB *new*
CoD SSB *eh.. new*

friz898

100gem pull. 3star trash. Bummer.

I want that Yuna USB, but I just don't think it'd be smart to pull.

I'd really like to get SG/Wall on Banner 5.

ultra7k

Was looking through the summer banners, but I think i have to take a hard pass as the lowest i have is 4 dupes on any of the banners.

Skipped the Lucky draws except for the BSB+ one today and ended up with a happy 4/11 with no dupes for once.

Going to budget a pull for FF XV, and save for Cloud I guess.

friz898

How many Lucky Relic draws are we getting? Wondering if I should be pulling on the festival banners...

We just had number 3 of 3. 24/hrs each.

So to answer you, no more. Until of course a new special excuse to get our money/mythril or a Dungeon Update.

Deadly

We just had number 3 of 3. 24/hrs each.

So to answer you, no more. Until of course a new special excuse to get our money/mythril or a Dungeon Update.
Interesting. Got enough for 2 pulls then nice. Or is there an upcoming banner with something broken I should be saving for?

Tidd

Caved in and did a payed pull because I'm weak lol
Got a 2/11

CoD SSB (this time it's a dupe, 6* darkness+ armor! so it's okay)
ROSA USB (YEEEEEEEES)

Still no Garnet BSB2... and I guess no Kuja OSB for me. Maybe I get lucky during the next DU LD.

Pulled once on Banner 1, went 3/11

Rosa USB
Kuja OSB
Kuja BSB

All new! Embrace the Kuja love.

No love for Rosa? :(
Her USB is SOOO good because she can wrath. HP stock and magic blink will protect you for the two turns you wrath to get the USB ready again!

Interesting. Got enough for 2 pulls then nice. Or is there an upcoming banner with something broken I should be saving for?

It always depends on what you have. So it's hard to recommend something. If you don't have anything on Banner 4 then this would be a good banner to pull on. Otherwise the next FF VII event, which we will get on July 4th, is a great banner because it features Cloud's broken USB and some other stuff.

Indignate

One day I'll pull a 3/11 again.

Got Garnet and Kuja BSB.

Wanted Garnet, also want Rosa and Yuna but I think I'm just going to hold off now.

Off the lucky I got Refia and Vincent BSB.

Anyone have any experience with the latter? It's one of those mag or phys type deals, I didn't even know that Vincent was considered magic.

Jarekx

Got Rosa's USB and Y'shtola's BSB!!

My heals just went through the roof.

And now the conflict of deciding who my main healer is.

Balphon

I went 4/11 - Yuffie USB, Yuna USB, Raines BSB (dupe), CoD SSB

Getting a dupe of the only item I had on the banner that I just got two weeks ago is crappy but the pull is great overall. Helps me out in FFX and I like Yuffie.

Even CoD SSB is a nice piece of +dark armor.

Anyone have any experience with the latter? It's one of those mag or phys type deals, I didn't even know that Vincent was considered magic.

It's pretty good. Damage is decent and radiant shield is a nice thing to have on a BSB. You'll probably want to use the magic command the majority of the time, though. Vincent is squishy.

Xetherion

2/11, CoD ssb and Yuna usb.

Funny that i went the longest time with no medica for Yuna and now I get 2 different ones back to back.

IMO Eiko's USB is a better package, with instant cast instead of Yuna's built-in raise. The problem with letting people die in the first place in this game is that when you raise them without buffs in place, they're as good as dead again anyway.

WarAdept

Got Rosa's USB and Y'shtola's BSB!!

My heals just went through the roof.

And now the conflict of deciding who my main healer is.

Rosa unless you're doing Torments, when a case for Y'shtola's BSB can be made. (and even then, I'd go with Rosa)

Seriously you don't have to run anyone other than Rosa with USB. Shit is cray.

Balphon

IMO Eiko's USB is a better package, with instant cast instead of Yuna's built-in raise. The problem with letting people die in the first place in this game is that when you raise them without buffs in place, they're as good as dead again anyway.

To be fair, Yuna USB is the best source of raise in the game since it applies last stand and haste off the bat.

jnWake

Got 1/11 off the BSB Lucky Draw. It was Squall's Lion Roar which seems as lame as it can get. At least it wasn't a dupe I guess.

Now I'm doing to very little Mythril. Which is the very best banner on this fest? I doubt I'll get to pull on more than one.

friz898

Got 1/11 off the BSB Lucky Draw. It was Squall's Lion Roar which seems as lame as it can get. At least it wasn't a dupe I guess.

Now I'm doing to very little Mythril. Which is the very best banner on this fest? I doubt I'll get to pull on more than one.

The internet says banner 4. For me, that banner is 7/12 so I would be a fool to pull.

The smarter answer is, what do you have, what do you need? But the catch to that is, you figure it all out and then don't get what you decided upon.

Glad I could help! Lol

4. Though I'm passing on them all for VI-2 Thursday when I have enough Mythril.

Which is the very best banner on this fest?

Without knowing your potential for dupes, I'd say Banner 4 is the best one overall. Vaan, Relm, and Alphinaud BSBs are game-changers. Lots of other great stuff like Fujin BSB, Zell BSB, and Deployment Tactics. Plus Terra's USB looks amazing.

Banner 2 is a close second with Onion Knight BSB, Eiko USB, Celes' Indomitable Blade, and Maria and Refia BSBs being standouts.

jnWake

The internet says banner 4. For me, that banner is 7/12 so I would be a fool to pull.

The smarter answer is, what do you have, what do you need? But the catch to that is, you figure it all out and then don't get what you decided upon.

Glad I could help! Lol

Lol yeah that's the way of the gacha.

I'm checking lists of banners now, which is good since it let me realize I actually have 4 of the BSB in Phase 1. Surprising.
Phase 2 I have less, it seems worthy of a pull, although I have Celes' SSB and Maria's BSB.
Phase 3 I have only 1 but the theme doesn't seem too enticing.
Phase 4 indeed looks good. I have Vaan's BSB but that's the only dupe I can notice.
Phase 5 I have 2 of the BSB.

I guess Phase 4 it is. Time to save Mythril!

Ahnez

Looking at future relics, I noticed Sephiroth's USB allows him to stack enDark

With 3 stacks, it gives +100% damage to everything - regular abilities and SBs of that element

Was that really necessary? lol

evangd007

Phase 1 - 3/11 - Y'shtola BSB (dupe), CoD SSB, Garnet SSB

Whammied. Oh well, some decent CM stuff in there. Bring on Cloud USB banner.

Phase 1 - 3/11 - Y'shtola BSB (dupe), CoD SSB, Garnet SSB

Whammied. Oh well, some decent CM stuff in there. Bring on Cloud USB banner.

IMO, Divine Guardian is one of the game's biggest "hidden gem" soul breaks. I use it all the time, though admittedly I RW it more often than I actually bring Garnet along to a fight.

Top Bottom