• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

I just can't turn away the free mythril.

I agree too about it being a chore, but I don't pay attention to the fights as I'm doing them so...

Thorgal

thanks guys

yeah i had to slap myself and 3 time double check to make sure i wasn't seeing things :p
after this burst of miraculous luck ill probably be stuck with shitty pulls for the next 5 months :p

so what else have i missed or should be aware off ?

Also any changes to my current party i should make in light of the relics i got ?

Currently running with:

Seifer ( Has BSB)
Y' shtola ( has BSB Medica )
Fujin
Sephiroth ( has SSB)
Raijin ( Has BSB)

yeah Fujin is the only one without a relic but i am only using her as a BLM to hit elemental weaknesses because the rest of the team muders stuff so fast now .

Balphon

They're all good healer items so you can slot them in for Y'shtola or someone else (to run two healers) depending on the needs of the fight.

WarAdept

Time for (yet) another noob question: How do you guys keep track of when to renew buffs/debuffs? I'm trying to beat Gilga highway Apocalypse but eventually I always reach a point where I didn't time a buff/debuff correctly and end up losing.

Assuming Haste and no interference with actions (Slow/Stun/etc).

6 normal cast time actions on Speed 1 from when the buff was cast (Wall/Boostga/Faithga, etc and other 25 sec buffs) is the magic number.

Refresh on the 7th action. Higher if you have some sort of quickcast/non-charge.

Got Palom up to 99 with all those VI eggs. Put in Cecil for Rydia, while Rosa Wrathed and back up status healed and I beat Geryon CM. Not a 180 dungeon.

V CM will not be attempted cuz no haste and no medica for realm and 200 difficulty is too tough without at least one of those.

Tidd

1/11 Lenna's Dress
Disappointed. It's not a bad relic but it wasn't on my must have list.

Hope you guys have better luck!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you need a break, then you need a break.

It never is the end of a world to just call it quits for a while, (although if you want to keep a pilot fire on in the form of logging in daily for the daily mythril - low effort maintenance - it takes a special kind of willpower not to go beyond that for weeks on end, haha)

I always make the (at times flimsy) argument for 'loot RNG' being worth the investment (time, or money, or both depending on the person) based on the entertainment value one gets out of it. On that note, entertainment *is* entertainment, and when it stops being such, then it's usually time to do something about it.

FWIW I dropped KHUX for the better part of 9 months but still terrorized KHUX GAF discord. Community doesn't disappear.
The big problem really is breaking free of the Games as Service trap. If you constantly feel like you're missing something, then you're going to want to keep playing. Or at least, that's how I end up feeling.

HOLY CRAP!
bP9rljj.png
I've NEVER had a draw this good.

3 of them (Orlandeau, Luneth and Faris) are dupes, but I'll HAPPILY take those dupes.

Also:
I was secretly hoping for a Relm relic though
REDEMPTION! Now I have her USB and her LM.

:(

2/11

Jecht OSB (only FFX characters can use the fucking blitzball)
Reno BSB

Those went straight to the vault to never be seen again.

Don't forget Tyro! Those work pretty great for him.

On another note:
My lucky draws were amazing.
11/33
2x Zidane BSB1
1x Steiner OSB (man, this was just on the FF9 banner)
1x Master Monk BSB
1x That fire kid from beyond realm BSB
2x Rosa BSB (didn't have a 4 medica yet)
1x Edward BSB
1x Edea dark imperil SSB (dupe)
1x Arc SSB (dupe)
1x Penelo SSB (dupe)

Not too shabby!

MrDaravon

1/11, Gaffgarion BSB

Not thrilled with going 1/11 on a gem pull, but at least it's no a dupe so ehhh

Edit: Hmm, looking into it apparently Gaffgarion can use Omega Drive which IIRC is one of the 6* abilities that is getting buffed? If so his CMD1 being an ether makes this a better pull than at first glance, although doesn't propel him to the top of my ranks or anything.

It's kind of silly how much FFT synergy I have but I still have NOTHING for TG Cid, it's kind of annoying.

1/11, Gaffgarion BSB

Not thrilled with going 1/11 on a gem pull, but at least it's no a dupe so ehhh

Edit: Hmm, looking into it apparently Gaffgarion can use Omega Drive which IIRC is one of the 6* abilities that is getting buffed? If so his CMD1 being an ether makes this a better pull than at first glance, although doesn't propel him to the top of my ranks or anything.

It's kind of silly how much FFT synergy I have but I still have NOTHING for TG Cid, it's kind of annoying.

Gaffgarion BSB is one of those diamonds in the rough relics. Worth the second look. The entry is really great, especially when buffed and the ether/heal can be useful.

Anustart

Of course, 1/11. At least it's a holy, Agrias burst, but believe it's old as sin. :/

At least it's holy imperil. The commands are meh though.

evangd007

3/11 - D Cecil BSB, Porom BSB, Kuja BSB

Let's see:
- D Cecil is terrible, his BSB is terrible, and I already have a lot of dps for IV CM
- Porom's entry buff doesn't stack with Edward's SSB, so I'll probably still use Rosa over Porom for CM unless I want 2 healers and to use her SSB for ATK and Crit buffs. Could use Porom for mage meta healer, but I already have tons of faithgas on offensive units for stacking.
- Kuja's BSB is nice because my IX synergy is shit. Are Kuja and Golbez alone enough for a dark team?

All in all, somehow rather unexciting for 3/11 no dupes.

Kain

lolololol I win: 2/11 Edgar's OSB and fucking, wait for it, damn fucking Tiny bee!!!!!

FML sideways

And on FE Heroes, a game I don't care much, I just did a pull with 5* Ephraim and Ike xDDDD

friz898

2/11 - Raijin's Burst (dupe) and Locke's Burst

It's ehhh for me. I don't need fire!

Edit:

Oh I looked at it wrong. I got Wakka's Armguard Burst.

That looks like a killer debuff BSB, better than Vaan's.

Anybody have this and use it consistently?

Mknzy

1/11 - Yang's EnEarth BSB. I didn't have it, so it's a new SB, but you don't see a lot of earth vulnerable bosses, so not sure how much use it will actually get.

Xetherion

1/11, Yuna bsb2, new.

I hate going 1/11 on the bsb+ lucky, but i've been wanting a medica for X for a long time so at least i got that. Also with the sage buff on entry, Yuna might become my main healer for my mage team now. I'll miss Vanille's insta-heal, but i'll try Yuna and see how I like it. With 3 faithgas and Wall native, i'll be able to RW whatever the hell i want.

Beat the Geryon CM which I didn't think I'd be able to do... I have no BSBs for IV, but I do have Rosa's mblink medica which turned out to be key. All she did the whole fight was Wrath and spam that SSB. Tellah was on second healer duty, Edge had Eblan Doppelganger which turned out to only be useful for the Hastega, and Kain fired his OSB a couple of times in a row to end the fight. RW was Deployment Tactics which was responsible for a good deal of the total damage.

Rubenov

1/11, Yuna bsb2, new.

I hate going 1/11 on the bsb+ lucky, but i've been wanting a medica for X for a long time so at least i got that. Also with the sage buff on entry, Yuna might become my main healer for my mage team now. I'll miss Vanille's insta-heal, but i'll try Yuna and see how I like it. With 3 faithgas and Wall native, i'll be able to RW whatever the hell i want.

It may be tough to go with Yuna BSB2 as the only healer. I usually roll with her and Vanilla, Tyro for Wall, and 2 mage DPS.

Thorgal

Dumb question but I have 2 characters for whom I need memory crystal to break their level cap but I am out of memory crystals.

Is there a way I can get those right now or will I have to wait until those character crystals appear in a event?

graywords

3/11 on final Always Lucky.

Red XIII BSB (yay for VII boostga)
Kain OSB (should play well with his BSB)
Locked OSB (should play well with his BSB)

No dupes in this or either of the other two pulls. 7/11 overall. Ready for my luck to run out and be utterly disappointed in my pulls on Phases I and III (probably) in the main fest.

Dumb question but I have 2 characters for whom I need memory crystal to break their level cap but I am out of memory crystals.

Is there a way I can get those right now or will I have to wait until those character crystals appear in a event?

You may or may not already have blank memory crystals for them that can be redeemed in the Hall of Rites in the Annex. If you don't have blanks, you can get some during each event, usually -- or through special daily login bonuses. You won't need to wait for the character-specific MCs in their corresponding events anymore (though you can if you want to save blank MCs).

MrDaravon

Man I'm having a surprisingly hard time with the last FF9 battle, even with the Jump Start version of it. My wind synergy is ass :/

Top Bottom