• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Any good fan-art or memes for this game?

I haven't seen decent FF art in a long time.

Look up the yanfly comics on reddit if you can find them. They're really great (funny), especially in the context of when he put them out.

RI0bzvM.jpg

Kenai

Awesome.

Is there one for "pulling a Relic for a character you don't have?".

I got three of those.

There was something similar regarding Keeper pulling an off banner relic for a yandere Sephie that I found painfully accurate but I didn't save it

SOLDIER

While completing an FFVIII dungeon I unlocked the Gunblade materia for Squall.

What were the conditions for that? Seems to be a completely random drop.

While completing an FFVIII dungeon I unlocked the Gunblade materia for Squall.

What were the conditions for that? Seems to be a completely random drop.

Many characters have RMs that drop randomly from completing a round either in a dungeon of that character's game, or any dungeon. You can check unlock conditions from Home > The Annex > Library > Record Materia.

ZangBa

I would definitely not pull on these global exclusive master race trap banners. These are the worst banners since the Bahamut SIN redo banner, possibly THE worst banners ever when considering time of release.

Kenai

^^^ That's it lol. That and the Oath Veil x 3 comic are still the best RK comics I have seen to this day.

Edit: For memoirs, I posted in this thread when that SSB was new that I was sad I got it from my dollar pull and everyone was saying how great it was and I was like..."But it's Selphie'

At least it's not that pedo-bear Snow, I could have pulled his BSB/OSB x 8 times and I'd never admit it cause I would have used it as Rosetta Stone fodder and been on my way

Many characters have RMs that drop randomly from completing a round either in a dungeon of that character's game, or any dungeon. You can check unlock conditions from Home > The Annex > Library > Record Materia.
These ones were the devil and are thankfully dropped bar a few legacy ones. Ask people about getting Josef to level 80 off low level FFII dungeons and still not getting his. I suppose now we dailies with RS so they might not be as bad as they used to be (besides Garnet's was especially bad in theory as FFIX had no low stamina dungeons but since garnet is obtained in events you usually had time to sort it).

There are also special condition RM drops which were also not re-visited after the first few characters (including Cloud and core black mage).

The game is full of concepts done a few times, seen as bad and never re-visited. Other examples are:
*Soul breaks that need more than 1 bar. Healing grimoire (was for a long time the strongest medica) and a few crappy shared SBs are the only examples the come to mind.
*Onion motes are another example (to use record spheres on onion knight you need onion motes...they only drop in one FFIII event dungeon and the non-trivial FFIII Mote dungeon) which Japan just phased out by having them available in the greens shop:
GdcCnU7l.jpg

But since we're in global we will have to wait about 6 months for that.

So was the final consensus that we aren't getting an event or banner tonight.

Just a new rebirth boss?
Looking at the welcome campaign dates those are the event this week. But hey 30 mythril instead of 10. But nay 30 boring dungeons that end at D99 as opposed to 10. Plus 25 mythril from login bonuses so you see it almost pays for a pull on the FFIV event that got delayed for this.

There was a short lived comic made in the vein of 8-Bit Theatre that followed Keeper through the story of jumping in to fix the paintings. I don't remember too much of it, though.

For general FF stuff, FFBE has some fun fan comics as well.

Keym

^^^ That's it lol. That and the Oath Veil x 3 comic are still the best RK comics I have seen to this day.

Edit: For memoirs, I posted in this thread when that SSB was new that I was sad I got it and everyone was saying how great it was and I was like..."But it's Selphie'

At least it's not that pedo-bear Snow, I could have pulled his BSB/OSB x 8 times and I'd never admit it cause I would have used it as Rosetta Stone fodder and been on my way

I like Selphie. :(

This is the one I identify with the most, thanks to all those MP sessions:

5jlWIno.jpg

friz898

I guess I can be good and not pull. Regardless of realm Synergy or Mithrill situation or better banners around the corner...

....I have never ever skipped a half price LD and look, someone got Cait Sith BSB!

But this might have to be the first. I didn't even look to see if there was anything I would want but I already have a comb for red13 and I don't think in 2 years of playing that I have ever used Barret. Seriously never.

I am stacked on 7 anyway so he would still be behind 9 or 10 chars I have relics for.

As for the newer guy dipping on the 25. He doesn't have a lot of mythril and really anything is good for him in short term gratification.

Also Erasure, your right but I get shocked all the time with things not announced.

WarAdept

This fucker (Belias D300) has so much fucking HP.

Nearly 1m to chew through and you have to deal with adds by turn 9 otherwise RIP.

Makes Holy Orb farming so so painful.

Kenai

This fucker (Belias D300) has so much fucking HP.

Nearly 1m to chew through and you have to deal with adds by turn 9 otherwise RIP.

Makes Holy Orb farming so so painful.

I concur.

Considering how many good relics I have for this that was waaaay closer than I would have liked. All it would have taken was one of his AoEs, SS2 was down.

Xetherion

Do you have any physical aoe Holy sb's? I use Agrias bsb + RW Cloud usb, cast 1st use, cast RW, then next 2 casts wipe out the adds and do significant damage to Belias.

Do you have any physical aoe Holy sb's? I use Agrias bsb + RW Cloud usb, cast 1st use, cast RW, then next 2 casts wipe out the adds and do significant damage to Belias.

I could do this with Leo's SSB(imperil AOE) but I have no native wall. Plus he's still 80 but I could raise him up to 99 once I get another MC3. What are my odds without native wall while summoning Cloud USB? Still have yet to try the Jump Start because I know I don't have a team that can beat it. Barely cleared 250.

Xetherion

I could do this with Leo's SSB(imperil AOE) but I have no native wall. Plus he's still 80 but I could raise him up to 99 once I get another MC3. What are my odds without native wall while summoning Cloud USB? Still have yet to try the Jump Start because I know I don't have a team that can beat it. Barely cleared 250.

What other mitigation do you have native? Proshellga definitely aren't enough, but if you have stackable debuffs/stoneskin/magic blinks, etc. you might be able to do it.

Also what buffs do you have? I have both Shout and an ATK/MAG buff active during the fight.

What other mitigation do you have native? Proshellga definitely aren't enough, but if you have stackable debuffs/stoneskin/magic blinks, etc. you might be able to do it.

Also what buffs do you have? I have both Shout and an ATK/MAG buff active during the fight.

I don't have a shout. I don't have a stoneskin(bubble). I have a shit ton of OSBs(but only 1 holy) and some stackable debuffs (Vaan BSB MAG/DEF, Mog SSB ATT/DEF, Irvine Penta) and OK BSB. Seems I can't pull it off. Next time!

SOLDIER

Do how long do the Newcomer dungeons stay up? It doesn't sound like they get replaced, just released in parts. This correct?

I can clear the FFVII events no problem, it's just an issue of waiting for stamina.

I beat the 300 Torment without using wall. I tried a party with wall but my damage was just shy of what it took to take him down. My mitigation was Proshellga and magic breakdown + a pentabreak SSB. I did the 3 man CM so if you did it with a normal party you could include a dancer for better mitigation. If you have instant KO accessories wear them as there are some powerful moves that can be avoided with them.

Kain

lol at that shitty beginner's banner, what the fuck

Anyway, events:

- Had a lot of trouble with Rufus even though I'm stacked on VII relics, mainly due to their stupid speed at the beginning I had to S/L a LOT but well, once he stopped focusing my weakest members I could set up the defenses and go to town. His Mako cannon spam is real

- Belias, wew, that was LONG. I tried with two healers and three dps but I had not enough hones, so I created Aegis strike, went with three holy dps, debuffer (Ramza with Shout) and a healer. The MVP was, believe it or not, PCecil with his old trusty BSB which I hadn't used in ages. His cmd2 was doing AOE 8kx2 with full holy equipment, that was very nice. Oh and Cid mission fully done, went with three FFT chars (I think Tactics is my best realm...)

- Seifer, WEAK. Easiest fight ever, he went down with a cast of Squall's BSB2 and Vaan's BSB.

And where the hell are Spirit motes???? I can't fully dive Yshtola yet T_T

Do how long do the Newcomer dungeons stay up? It doesn't sound like they get replaced, just released in parts. This correct?

I can clear the FFVII events no problem, it's just an issue of waiting for stamina.

I'm wondering if they're permanent? They don't seem to have an end date attached to them. Surely they won't be in the events tab forever...

AXE

Love this game to pieces but I don't have time to be online 24/7, and thusly I don't fit into my current guild's raid rosters. Bought a year's worth gametime but now I feel like dropping this as I'm not getting into raids.

I'd really appreciate if anyone has any knowledge about a guild with the following details:

- English speaking
- European, preferably in Scandinavian time zone
- Mature folks, 25+ yrs
- Relaxed atmosphere but focused when need be
- People with jobs, family etc

I'm currently a ronery tank. Been tanking since WoW.

Thanks!

Love this game to pieces but I don't have time to be online 24/7, and thusly I don't fit into my current guild's raid rosters. Bought a year's worth gametime but now I feel like dropping this as I'm not getting into raids.

I'd really appreciate if anyone has any knowledge about a guild with the following details:

- English speaking
- European, preferably in Scandinavian time zone
- Mature folks, 25+ yrs
- Relaxed atmosphere but focused when need be
- People with jobs, family etc

I'm currently a ronery tank. Been tanking since WoW.

Thanks!
???

You may have the wrong topic, unless there's a secret side of Record Keeper I've yet to discover.

Rebirth Rufus... D200, this is gonna be so easy.

Lazy A team.

Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon
Vanille's instant BSB
Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon
Mako Cannon

all dead

Rebirth Rufus... D200, this is gonna be so easy.

Lazy A team.

Mako Cannon
At least you were getting to that point. Most my runs died way before then in my "this is why I normally ignore A and higher difficulty content" rant earlier. Them each being able to do 4k damage on turn 1 before you get mitigation up (which usually happens as they are fast) is crazy.

You really need wall either as native or RW (misstiming wall renewals were deadly for me...no native wall and I've not used it in ages since I normally ignore content this tough) to manage Mako Cannon oh and Dark Nation to not be a complete ass (if you've got runic for Dark Nation to slow and dispel a lot, no runic then attack a lot...either not to haste Rufus all the bloody time, Dark Nation has 650 speed so haste is doing very little for it, sure Rufus is bloody fast at 550 speed but you need all the time you can get).

I wonder if I was supposed to do it like I did the Cid mission version of it back in the day...with interrupts (I had Zack's air strike) as he is not immune here either.

Judging by how trivial Seifer was (probably weaker due to mixed damage types...but all the magic is fire element so if you're not a newcomer you have lots of elemental resists) I'm wondering if Rufus is simply overtuned.

Top Bottom