• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Is there no real point to spend five mythril for the one-time relic draw? Seems farming for 15 is the better option, unless you were nuts enough to earn 50.

I've been plugging through the realms and I worry I'll soon be running out of myrhril drops. Will my only changes at that point to earn them through logins and events?

It's always better to spend 50 myth at a time. 11 draws for the price of 10 and you're guaranteed at least one 5*.

Yeah, after you're done with story dungeons, mythril income slows down. You still get enough to do a couple of 11-pulls a month without buying gems.

~52 myth from 4 weekly events
~39 from daily login bonuses
16 from new realm dungeons
Usually a few other random bonuses

So we still get a pretty decent amount per month.

SOLDIER

It's always better to spend 50 myth at a time. 11 draws for the price of 10 and you're guaranteed at least one 5*.

Yeah, after you're done with story dungeons, mythril income slows down. You still get enough to do a couple of 11-pulls a month without buying gems.

~52 myth from 4 weekly events
~39 from daily login bonuses
16 from new realm dungeons
Usually a few other random bonuses

So we still get a pretty decent amount per month.

Is that 39 a month for daily logins?

Also the total from events only works if you have a strong enough party to run the higher-level dungeons. As it is, I barely get by at normal difficulty (although I got pretty far with my powered-up FFVII group during the Dirge event).

Also the total from events only works if you have a strong enough party to run the higher-level dungeons. As it is, I barely get by at normal difficulty (although I got pretty far with my powered-up FFVII group during the Dirge event).

Anything past the first 10 battles in an event don't usually give Mythril.

11-pulls are better in the long run because you're guaranteed at least something. Once you start amassing decent relics, those battles are cakewalk, and sometimes you don't really even need synergy to clear them. I don't bother optimizing my party for those and just auto battle them unless I see a battle going too slowly.

Yup, assuming a 30 day month, 1 myth every day plus another 3 every 10 days.

You can probably get all the mythril from weekly events even with a low level party. The harder battles give other rewards like crystals and Rosetta stones.

SOLDIER

Yup, assuming a 30 day month, 1 myth every day plus another 3 every 10 days.

You can probably get all the mythril from weekly events even with a low level party. The harder battles give other rewards like crystals and Rosetta stones.

Guess I'll save up then.

It's just tempting to spend what I have now when the drop rates for relics I really want (more FFVII drops! My kingdom for a better sword for Cloud!) are currently available.

Apparently this multiplayer with the hounds is possible to cheese slighty if you play solo and put your whole party in the back row the Guard hounds can not do very much (as most their attacks are front-row only) so you can mostly ignore them (well you should do that in multiplayer anyway because they respawn fairly quickly and it is a pain having to re-debuff them). Of course you need a backrow party...

As for me. First multiplayer I've played in a while. So so laggy. For A+ I was in a mage team tanking with Golbez (got his burst which is dmg+sentinel+mag buff on entry and command 1 is summon mode which makes command 2 heal in addition to attack) and having Terra for damage (mainly OSB).

Rest of party was Mog burst, Vanille (heal+USB), Tyro (wall+heal), OK (VoF, Onion slice and sword and spell), Terra (BSB1, OSB), Y'shtola (protectga and burst). That many non damage dealers might have also been part of why the battle took so long.

friz898

Hi was late on everything week.

Everything done. All CM done.

This really seemed to be the easiest 220 apoc ever.

I used Cloud USB this time. Was funny when Vaan and Firion bsb were doing 12-14k a hit on entry.

Nice, FFT torment dungeon tomorrow

cVDEGaHl.jpg
OF4Guhhl.jpg

sqWdxR0.gif

So are y'all like done all the story missions? Is it that important to complete them?
A joke they used to say on reddit was every additional point of stamina was an extra three minutes of sleep (though it's unclear if people really were waking up every 3 hours to use stamina in the early days). The joke doesn't really work now that max stamina is nearing 200 (as 10 hours is more than enough sleep for most).

Personally I wait for the half price stamina period that comes with each dungeon update and catch up every other dungeon update. Newer players can have a near endless play session during those times as collecting 5 stamina shards increases max stamina by 1 and restores stamina to full.

friz898

So are y'all like done all the story missions? Is it that important to complete them?

Yes.

Most of the regular posters here are done with all the dungeons.

It takes you to something like 190something stamina. A lot of us are at 192 stamina.

Personally I think raising your stamina is the biggest thing to do in the game when you first start playing. Also, I think there is a lot of mythril to be had from the story dungeons which can help you get some great 50mythril pulls.

SOLDIER

Once you learn a weapon's Soul Break, the character doesn't have to equip it anymore, right?

I'm wondering what you should do with the weapon afterward, assuming you find something with better stats? Or will they always be the strongest weapon for each character?

I won two of Shelke's gloves in last week's relic pull. I suppose I could combine them.

Once you learn a weapon's Soul Break, the character doesn't have to equip it anymore, right?

I'm wondering what you should do with the weapon afterward, assuming you find something with better stats? Or will they always be the strongest weapon for each character?

I won two of Shelke's gloves in last week's relic pull. I suppose I could combine them.

Yeah, once they're mastered, they can equip something else and will still have access to the Soul Break.

The Soul Break relics aren't solely equippable by the character with the Soul Break. Although generally the further we go along the equipment will gradually get stronger, but older equipment will still have some use, especially for realm synergy purposes.

If you don't have a whole lot of relics of a specific type for a realm, you should keep them separate for now. Like, if I don't have a lot of FF7 synergy swords, I'd wait until I get some more before I combine them.

friz898

Ya like Act said. You may have like 3 or 4 swords for a realm that you may think I will use that 5 star, then all of the sudden you make or need to utilize a melee team and that random glove or sword or whatever is the best thing for your number 3 or 4th toon.

I have a thing about only having 1 of am an item so I quickly combine anything.

Balphon

I've kept multiple copies of 5* armor for my weaker synergies to make sure I can equip a full party with something decent.

Everything else I pretty much combine without thinking about it.

Are there CMs for the Rebirth dungeons? Missing a couple of medicas but they're also in two of my top three best realms gear wise(VIII and IX, the other being VI).

The reddit thread doesn't say anything about CMs.

Will be great getting these motes as I can finish off Terra's dive finally.

Eh. It's there in the comments. No CMs. Kinda wack.

Spirit 38
Wisdom 62
Bravery 52 (I already have so many....haven't spent one and here it's the second highest total).
Dexterity 38
Vitality 38

friz898

After Rebirth bosses I'll have Tyro, Celes, and Lightning fully dived, and Luneth on the way. Next up is Y'shtola.

I have Firion and Vaan done. Relm is almost done. I would have OK if he had one. I want to get Tyro done but I still need 4star motes for him and Ramza.

Only other person I care about is Alphinaud some time.

So tonight is a FFT Torment and our first Rebirth fight. Yay for having something to do.

Tidd

And another slow week... because we all know that the FF IV was delayed and it seems like we won't get anything on thursday. Seriously just the rebirth dungeons won't be enough.

And another slow week... because we all know that the FF IV was delayed and it seems like we won't get anything on thursday. Seriously just the rebirth dungeons won't be enough.

More time to save mythril for Rosa USB I guess. Unless they slot FF5 in before it, because there's stuff there that I want too.

After tonight's fights I completed Lightning and Tyro's legend dives, and I'm well into Luneth and Y'shtola.

Tidd

Wow the Slow spam was more annoying than Mako Canon. Thanks to that I used Eiko's USB as a RW instead of wall. Mako Canon hit pretty hard with 5k hits but nothing Rosa's USB could heal.
Also did all three Tactics torment dungeons earlier and got Major Orb drops in every fight without using Kreeper. :D JS was pretty close even with Cloud's USB. Had to use all my abilities at the end and it killed him with a normal attack.

JSoup

Banned
Yes.

Most of the regular posters here are done with all the dungeons.

It takes you to something like 190something stamina. A lot of us are at 192 stamina.

Personally I think raising your stamina is the biggest thing to do in the game when you first start playing.

This is where I'm at now. I've been piddling along at a decent rate the last month or so, but now doing one story dungeon eats my stamina for a while. I'm seeing that it's time to back track to elite dungeons and mop up all the stamina shards I didn't get when I first came through. That 1/2 stamina bonus really helps.

Xetherion

There may be some Burst, Super, or Unique Soul Breaks that are not included nor available for this Relic Draw.

This makes it sound like it will be curated, hopefully it means the only Uniques that will be included will be ones with useful effects like stackable breaks.

lol @ https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/08/09/upcoming-in-app-announcement-newcomers-welcom

Well, at least we are getting 25 mythril. And if you want Unique Soul Breaks it's your time now!!! Get your Buster Sword!!!!!

Pls don't pull! Seriously. Don't do it. I mean it!

Yeah, without OSB and Ultra I think I'll pass. The 25 mythril is nice.

Anyhow, I had FFT 200 down already. Can't seem to get by 250. Should I ignore the adds? Might stand a chance if I get my buffs up. On first try I just attacked the main dude and got him halfway but I think my wall had dropped off and got obliterated. Having no good FFT weapons really hurts(much like III Torment).

SOLDIER

What's the deal with Magic Pots? Do I need to do something different with them or just destroy them like normal enemies?

Balphon

It'd be nice to have a curated banner with uniques since there are a handful of good ones (e.g. Lulu's Hairpin) that are effectively impossible to come by these days.

Still, a lucky is just a bad idea. Especially one involving VII given how many uniques were released for it and its preponderance of hairpins and gun-arms.

SOLDIER

It'd be nice to have a curated banner with uniques since there are a handful of good ones (e.g. Lulu's Hairpin) that are effectively impossible to come by these days.

Still, a lucky is just a bad idea. Especially one involving VII given how many uniques were released for it and its preponderance of hairpins and gun-arms.

They know their priorities.

FFVII events, FFVII characters, FFVII drops.

A thousand years FFVII, FFVII forever and ever.

Nasty surprising finding I can not flee from rebirth dungeons and Rufus turned out to be one of those irritating battles where I'd be a lot more comfortable with more SB bars to start with.

Ramza, Fran, Celes, Lightning, Vanille, RW Wall. It took a lot more S/L than it should have and I missread the medal conditions so thought Dark Nation had to be killed last meaning I have to do it all over again. *sigh*

friz898

For the 250 torment Eraser,

Agrias BSB and Firion BSB are both AE Holy and I used Cloud USB RW at the same time on both of them. The adds are gone long after that. With only breaks shout and history truth, Firion was doing 18k a hit on all 4 and Agrias BSB was hitting for 24-26k on all 4 each hit. I am sure there is a much better way, I didn't use Agrias OSB Pecil BSB or Minfilia BSB.

Also Agrias cmd 1 did dual 99s and then made Guardbringer hit 4 times for all 9999.

So basically my tip is some kind of Holy AE without cloud USB makes it a battle only against a Belias.

Kenai

Anyhow, I had FFT 200 down already. Can't seem to get by 250. Should I ignore the adds? Might stand a chance if I get my buffs up. On first try I just attacked the main dude and got him halfway but I think my wall had dropped off and got obliterated. Having no good FFT weapons really hurts(much like III Torment).

Do you have a native wall and at least one AoE Holy BSB/medica/boostga? If yes than you should be fine.

I did my standard team holy (which is admittedly kind of OP for this) Beatrix/Raines/OK/Ysh and added TG Cid since i just got his cloak (usually use Hope). Keep Pro/Shell/Boostga up, let Lifesiphoners and Wrathers build up SB charges (and had Raines Meteor trash if more than 2 mobs, could probably use BSBs to clear too and just rebuild), then the wave before boss reapply everything and put up SS when mobs are about to go down. On the boss I used Cloud RW USB on Beatrix and TC Cid. Beatrix was doing 80-90k to everything with just the entry after the USB buff so two of those cleared the adds, she probably would have done a ton more if I had remembered to use her enholy SSB first. Then TG's BSB entries smashed the boss. I think Raines had time to do a BSB command or two and I could have used his OSB but I didn't need either.

I'm currently saving stamina for the jump start but I honestly expect it to be easier than the 250.

I beat the 250 focusing the main dude. No native wall (still). My luck of landing Beatrix Shield and OSB on back to back 3 pulls that IX event sometime ago was the difference.

OK AfflictionBreak, shell
Beatrix DrawFire, GuardBringer(4)
Relm UC, protect
Vaan LifeSiph, LegShot Would rotate Ark Blast(Mag-Def down), Armor BD command, Leg Shot.
Mog Multi/Magic BD rotated with SSB(Att-Def down)

RW: wall.

Brought the Knight Abilities to get Beatrix ready for her OSB which scales on use. BSB to OSB.

Is the 300 easier by any chance? Doesn't look like it. Can't even slow the dude in 300.

Kenai

In case anyone was wondering the newcomer's relic draw is up and it looks pretty garbo. I saw the OG Buster sword on there and noped out.

MrDaravon

I'm morbidly entertaining the through of pulling here just to see how bad it goes.

I will actually legit pull on the FFX one though because my FFX RS is still fucking awful (I have like 6-7 relics which includes 2 or 3 uniques and 2 wakka balls).

Edit: someone on reddit went 1/11 with Barret's SB LOL. Someone said to pull for the memes. I can't help myself, I have to know.

Edit 2: 2/11, Cloud BSB1 and Sephiroth SB. I actually didn't have Cloud's BSB but have his OSB/SSB so this is not 100% useless if I run a RS team and also gives me another +10ATK. Seph SB is hilarious because these don't even give you stat bonuses LOL. I now have both of his Uniques, his SSB and OSB.

/shrug

Ugh. There are some relics I'd like to have (Seph BSB1, Cait Unique), but the chance of ending up with all junk is just way too high.

If 6* relics had been included on these, I would pull in a heartbeat.

Balphon

Even if 6* were included the FFVII pool would still be 40%+ uniques, only a few of which are any good.

The FFX and FFXIII pools will be a little better balanced, at least.

Top Bottom