• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Think they're in October. Like the 5th of October I thought I read.

Well Damn. Other than RNG screwing us non-packet-sniffers over, we should all be well farmed and 99-everything by October.

Nothing against knowing what drops ahead of time, it's just not working for me, so I'm envious.

MrDaravon

2/11, Lightning BSB1 and Lightning OSB

Between the last few 13 LD's I think I have every single Lightning relic outside of whatever Uniques she had. Her OSB and BSB1 are pretty useless AFAIK and I already have her baller USB into BSB2 setup. BUT this will give her another +20 ATK and some more 13 stat sticks and no dupes, so I'll take it.

Balphon

1/11: Serah SSB2 (mag/mnd + haste)

I think I can actually use this. A lack of efficient native buff SBs has been an issue for me with magicite teams.

Falk

that puzzling face
5/6 all under a minute now. Golem left

The only wind things of note I have are Faris imperil BSB, Fujin attach SSB and Luneth fully dived with his BSB, but that barely makes a dent (thanks cloud you cockmongler)

I've gotten it to 50% in 30 seconds with ninjas (none are dived) but lacking the staying power right now due to hones, so that route is definitely doable but a bit more of a long-term thing with orbfarming and probably diving Edge because Edge, but that'll be after 30A.

What are your hones like? I was able to do it in under a minute with ninjas, here's an old post a made:

EDXLiLW.jpg

Praise the LORD

edit: To answer your question, a r4 Gust and a r1 (lol) Raging Winds. Like I said, I was gone for a while :V

edit2: To answer your second implied question, I could get Golem to like ~20%. The "50% at 30s" thing was more of a benchmark.

Xetherion

2/11: Gaffgarion burst and Irvine burst

Both are new. Wish I could get some FFT relics for characters other than Gaff, but at least this is a dark+ sword. Irvine burst will be nice for CM, doubt i'll use it on A teams unless boss is pure physical.

Edea asb gown imperil dark. Blech. How many dark imperils do I have now? 3, 4?

Edit this gown has a lower mag stat than the reforged cowboy hat. Wow. Master and to the vault with you.

Czarcasm

5/11

3rd Ramza USB
Fujin BSB
Gaffgarion BSB
5th Laguna SSB
Ovelia's Lambent Hat

I'm thinking I'll combine the Ramza blades as I already have 3 other 6* Tactics Swords

Fujin is good as I was going to try against Golem again tomorrow

Healing and unlimited Omega Drive from Gaff is great

....another one....

Have everything but her burst now

Balphon

It's a 14 pt difference with rs, that is not good.

I pretty much ignore defensive and resistance values these days and go for mag atk and mnd

In exchange for ~90 points of combined defensive stats. It ends up being a matter of personal preference to an extent, but I'd argue the defensive stats are generally superior since they scale better and don't have a cap.

Of course, the most valuable thing to have on armor is usually going to be +elemental damage, stats be damned.

evangd007

2/11 - Irvine SSB (not pentabreak) and Raijin SSB

I had a bad feeling about this pull, and it delivered on that feeling. My fifth gun for VIII and still no good Ice break SB. +lightning armor is good but I already had Etro's from XIII for that.

Edea's imperil SSB
Quistis' SSB
Raijin's SSB

I was hoping for anything but FF8 relics. Pretty meh pull. At least Raijin's SSB might have some good use.

Edea's imperil SSB
Quistis' SSB
Raijin's SSB

I was hoping for anything but FF8 relics. Pretty meh pull. At least Raijin's SSB might have some good use.

Which Quis SSB?

I'd gladly trade pulls. I'd have 8 star Raijin. An 8 star Red Scorpion or plus 10 Quis Beast Killer. Plus 10, imperil for dark JS to go with Edea burst.

You need a Thunderfall, Lightning OSB?

Which Quis SSB?

I'd gladly trade pulls. I'd have 8 star Raijin. An 8 star Red Scorpion or plus 10 Quis Beast Killer. Plus 10, imperil for dark JS to go with Edea burst.

You need a Thunderfall, Lightning OSB?

I got her Red Scorpion. It was a great relic when it arrives but I can't see myself using it except for CMs and I already beat the FF8 torment. If I could trade I would. I only have her first SSB do anything for her would have been useful.

Rafa BSB and dupe Cid Raines SSB. I guess that's okay?

Liquid Flame was a bust. I tried it with Paine (SSB, BSB), Butz (USB, BSB-Water), Rikku (BSB/USB) and -- honestly -- I forget. I wasn't able to do enough damage before LF's damage started amping up.

Meanwhile, I think I'm making progress on Golem with a physical team. I'm running Zack (BSB, CSB), Cloud (BSB2, USB), Ramza (Entrust), and 2 healers -- Sarah (BSB) and Relm (BSB).

I also beat the FFV JS tonight, and I'm running through the (non-Elite) Realm update tonight.

I really want to take down another Magicite dungeon.

And I'm so close to fully diving Cloud... just need some more 5* motes.

Closing in on my first 3 star 99, Taharka. Already got the first of a dupe set. Where is Wendigo? Def Boon lvl 3 at 99 for Taharka.

Also have Sea Lion and Fenrir just over lvl 80.

Think I have 1 or 2 stuck between 50-65 and 6-7 3 star with no duplicates.

I'll be able to less than 30 seconds Sea Lion once I decide to fight Liquid Flame some more, to up fire magicite. Had a run at 34 seconds today.

Kenai

Rinoa's old BSB. She's trying hard to matter but kinda getting bits and pieces (old BSB and Chain) without a foundation. Far better than nothing though.

Kain

1/11 (it's a meme now, there are no other kinds of pulls for me) Rinoa's BSB2. I have Squall's BSB2 so it's completely redundant and the cmd2 is oh so bad, but I can now run a waifu-husbando team in VIII. And that's all that matters.

WarAdept

Was on a 18 hour plane ride, went straight to bed after arriving and slept for another 14 hours.

2 days of stamina wasted!

Edit: Pulled on LD

Lightning OSB
Selphie BSB
Ovelia SSB2 (or is it 1? No matter, I have both now)

None of these are dupes, so I'll take it.

LucaMac

Still here, but haven't posted in a while. Been taking it easy in game until recently. Burnout resulted in me deleting the Japanese version I've had for well over a year...ridiculous gear on that account but I just couldn't do both anymore and I eventually chose global. I was rewarded for my decision today with Lightning's USB, Raine's OSB and a third Platinum sword off the lucky draw...

Eventually scraped past Bismarck a few days ago and once more last night. Going to keep doing so to build up before moving on. That's what I did in Japan anyway...

ccbfan

I feel like Ashe BSB is all you need, bonus for having Shan's and TG Cids.

Do you have the tools to buff Ashe's magic 3 ways and still have 2-3 healers? if you go that route, you can finish it.

Oh and I guess important, are the people who matter 99 and are they all lightning resist? Do you have a major resist? What healing BSB's do you have?

Edit:

My times range from :56-1:39, but Bismarck is my :56. I feel like if you have something akin to:

Healer - Shell/Big Cure
Healer - Prot/ Big Cure
Support - Arise? Multi Break? Wrath? // Big Cure - (and this person also be responsible for refreshing wall at 35 seconds, and Magicite summon.

Lightning Dps'er (Magic be best since buffing Ashe)
Ashe - Lightning or Sudden Thunder // Chain Lightning.

If you have at least chain thunder at r2 or r3, then you won't even need another lightning spell -- use it to just build up your bar, if you have Ashe with all the best magic gear you own, plus buffed, plus on her second cast, she'll be enLightning -- then she'll do 28-32k a round, leaving Chain Thunder back at 20k.

Just based off what you typed up, I would suggest Shan or Garnet for your other dps'er, but maybe TG Cid too, if any of your buffs include Atk buff too (like Lenna and Ramza USB's for me)

I really think you could do this no problem.

If it helps, here is my Bismarck setup.

Ashe (BSB and OSB just as a finisher)
Rapha (BSB) - MAG/RES buff
Rikku (USB) - ATK/MAG buff
Yuna (BSB) - MAG/MND buff
Y'shtola (BSB)

The bulk of the damage comes from Ashe's BSB. Rapha fits in well here because in addition to lightning damage and tertiary heals, her BSB provides a third stacking party MAG bonus. But it's really the Ashe show. I could sub in, say, Raines for her and it would work just as well.

For me, this is the easiest Magicite. With two healers I'm never in serious danger of dying and I can consistently finish it in a little under a minute.

What kind of mitigate do you guys have. I have protectga, shellga and the RW Wall. My teams tend to die every easily at around the 30 second mark when he starts spamming AOE. I tried water resist relics but I feel that he uses the other elements combined more often than water but if I don't resist water he's doing like 4000+ damage per water attack. Even with 2 healers I can't contain the damage. Even with Ashe BSB my battles tend to end with everyone dead except Ashe but she only last like 10 more seconds before she dies too.

Anustart

I got 3/11, raijin burst which is my first lightning burst yay! Sadly I can't tell what the other 2 items I pulled are. My phone screen only works on the top 3rd. I'll find out in 5 days

Xetherion

What kind of mitigate do you guys have. I have protectga, shellga and the RW Wall. My teams tend to die every easily at around the 30 second mark when he starts spamming AOE. I tried water resist relics but I feel that he uses the other elements combined more often than water but if I don't resist water he's doing like 4000+ damage per water attack. Even with 2 healers I can't contain the damage. Even with Ashe BSB my battles tend to end with everyone dead except Ashe but she only last like 10 more seconds before she dies too.

I have the same mitigation as you, plus Dampen water/ice/lightning lvl.3 from magicites, and I have water resist accessories on 4 people, 5th has a fire/lightning resist accessory. I've only done Bismark twice but had no problems surviving either time with two healers.

Are your characters all lvl.99? What kind of armor are they wearing?

Ahnez

Was going to skip the V banner

But its so hard to pass the chance to turn Bartz into a god lol

Got his LMR and Faris' SSB

The LM is nice, but kinda pointless without his USB and BSB's

What kind of mitigate do you guys have.

Ellara wall, Protectga/Shellga, party RES buff from Rapha, and full major/moderate water resist accessories. I also throw Multi Break on him because Rikku has an extra slot and what the hell.

I have Dampen Water magicite now, but they weren't necessary to beat it the first time...

Y'shtola is fully dived so she w-casts her heals a fairly good amount.

Here's what the party looks like:

Credo

Has anyone else been having problems with the game for the past 2 or 3 days? I can barely play it because of constant system errors and/or connection errors. It's 100% unplayable for me today. I've only gotten to the main screen once, and even then, none of the icons would load. It was just the background art.

Xetherion

Has anyone else been having problems with the game for the past 2 or 3 days? I can barely play it because of constant system errors and/or connection errors. It's 100% unplayable for me today. I've only gotten to the main screen once, and even then, none of the icons would load. It was just the background art.

I haven't had any problems on Android. You on Android or iOS? They just released an announcement today that the game might not work on iOS11 for awhile.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've definitely had more success with water resist than others on Bismarck. Specifically because his water simply hits harder, and it's spikes that kill, not throughput.

Enkidu remains as broken as ever on the fight, maybe more so since it's usable by anyone in a pinch.

All my armor is heavy on RES, everyone's back row except the damage dealer.

p.s.

all sub-1min

pretty much the worst casual ever

I don't see any reason to keep the 1 and 2 star magicites now that I can reliably net the three star magicites and the passive s are covered elsewhere or unnecessary due to diminishing returns. Anyone have a counter argument to keeping them around?

ZangBa

Looks like I'm joining the Lightning USB from the LD club. Got 2 poop SSB's too but that's ok. A native +lightning sword has me hyped more than the USB lol. It's my only Lightning relic, so I don't know how good it is on its own.

I don't see any reason to keep the 1 and 2 star magicites now that I can reliably net the three star magicites and the passive s are covered elsewhere or unnecessary due to diminishing returns. Anyone have a counter argument to keeping them around?

Six months from now, we'll be able to "inherit" the passives from one magicite into another. So basically we can feed the crappy magicites to the good ones in order to get extra passives (and increase their stats). I wouldn't stress about keeping them all around, but don't rush to toss them either if you don't have to.

Negator

Wont we just be inheriting our 3* magicite into the 4* magicite by then?

Pretty sure the 2* and below will still be useless.

Falk

that puzzling face
xp is xp, nothing to do with the passives.

(although to be fair I'm p sure 1* magicite give far less XP since they're so much easier to level)

evangd007

Would Bartz (USB, Fire Twinstrike R3) and Sephiroth (OSB, Lifesiphon) be enough to take on Sea Lion? I've beaten Bismark and Liquid Flame, but both of those had en-element and/or imperil SBs.

Balphon

Keep in mind that magicite inheritance was just added in JP with the 4* magicites, so you're looking at a 6 month wait.

In other news, magicite drops continue to annoy. No, game, I do not need another copy of Sealion. Thanks.

EDIT: Two more Sealion kills, two more copies of Sealion. Ick.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So stupid question, how does the Legend Dive system work? Do you just go down the tree one step at a time and you can choose which Legend Materia to unlock, or do you have to unlock the middle one before you unlock the bottom one?

Top Bottom