• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

So stupid question, how does the Legend Dive system work? Do you just go down the tree one step at a time and you can choose which Legend Materia to unlock, or do you have to unlock the middle one before you unlock the bottom one?

You can sort of choose what order to unlock nodes, but they all converge to the same place. I don't think it's ever possible to unlock someone's LM2 without unlocking their LM1 first.

Xetherion

So stupid question, how does the Legend Dive system work? Do you just go down the tree one step at a time and you can choose which Legend Materia to unlock, or do you have to unlock the middle one before you unlock the bottom one?

You start at the top and go down. You have to unlock all connecting nodes above the node you want before you can unlock it. The grids are always laid out in a way that you have to unlock all other nodes before you can unlock the bottom LM node.

Edit: forgot to add that all the LM grids i've looked at require 100 each of the two mote types they use in order to unlock the LM2 (bottom LM).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can sort of choose what order to unlock nodes, but they all converge to the same place. I don't think it's ever possible to unlock someone's LM2 without unlocking their LM1 first.

Ah, so even if there's a branch that goes directly to LM2 at the bottom, you still have to go through the middle one?
I was thinking of getting Faris or Tyro's extended debuff duration.

Xetherion

Ah, so even if there's a branch that goes directly to LM2 at the bottom, you still have to go through the middle one?
I was thinking of getting Faris or Tyro's extended debuff duration.

Tyro's is extended buff duration, not debuff. Tyro's extends stat buffs he casts on your party, Faris' extends stat debuffs she casts on the enemy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tyro's is extended buff duration, not debuff. Tyro's extends stat buffs he casts on your party, Faris' extends stat debuffs she casts on the enemy.
lol whoops, I guess Faris' then.

So I have to get that middle one (I think it's do more damage to debuffed characters) before I can get the bottom on?

Balphon

lol whoops, I guess Faris' then.

So I have to get that middle one (I think it's do more damage to debuffed characters) before I can get the bottom on?

That's her relic LM. Her LM1 is +15% Support damage, which is average at best since you don't use Support abilities for damage.

Faris's LM2 is good enough to justify fully diving her if you have more than one debuff SB for her, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's her relic LM. Her LM1 is +15% Support damage, which is average at best since you don't use Support abilities for damage.

Faris's LM2 is good enough to justify fully diving her if you have more than one debuff SB for her, though.
Yeah, I picked up her USB so I was looking into it. I don't think I have the motes to do the entire tree though.

Rubenov

Well that was something.

Went into the D300 version of the new Torment, laid down some imperils and Zack's Chain, then used Cloud USB a 2nd time and it did 99,999 per hit.

Never even seen that before. Good boy.

Tidd

Easy Jumpstart. 3x Imperil wind with Faris USB and then Cloud USB into Zidane's EnWind SSB. Ramza with Chant and Shout as well as two FFVII characters (Aeris with the rerise SSB medica and Red XIII with the USB for the extra buff). If I would farm it I could use Rosa and Rikku with their USBs.

Easiest yet could have done a full cm
Love that cloud cycle with the cloud usb rw 250k damage per use. Aeris default sb to take off the fires and silence condition. Cid for his shout. Faris imperiling usb. Over with fast.

With 3 Wind SBs this was tough. And one of them, Zidane wasnt in the game.

Cloud Wind DS x6, Omega 2 OSB
Aeris Cure, Silencega USB
Cait Sith Magic, Defense SSB Multi
Strago Protect, Meltdown...never used BSB
OK, Ninja wind x4, Curada x6

RW Ramza USB.

No idea who is Atk, Mag, Res...which would be better. Dont see any Curillas either which would be great too. Time to purge half my list.

So, 3 were down in the end. 4 medals lost. At least the CM is done.

Fenrir was main magicite.

I can take out Cait for Vaan and move Multi to OK while not losing any wind at the end from Vaan wind double hit.

Or I could run it again with Curilla USB, RW. Who has one?

I see none.

Would be nice if they gave us 5 dooms or more spellblade motes. BS.

Put Vaan in for Cait Sith, with strat above, and got the mastery bonus fairly easily. Same RW because I'm the only one to draw Curilla's USB it seems. I'll take a radiant shield over DEF, 1 quick action.

Seems graviga is always the cast after he takes off defensive buffs. Which Aeris' USB heals and reputs up shell.

Nice to have this over. Think I prefer to farm VIII instead.

V should be coming up. What else is on the Torment docket?

Kain

Easiest yet could have done a full cm
Love that cloud cycle with the cloud usb rw 250k damage per use. Aeris default sb to take off the fires and silence condition. Cid for his shout. Faris imperiling usb. Over with fast.

Used the same strat but with Rikku's USB. Ultra easy CM and useless vitality motes because I need dex and sp T_T

Hydra is down. Enlil was my drop. Just barely got under a minute. Vaan, Curilla, Tifa, OK, Relm.

Golem to go! So close to have Taharka to 99, at 98. Lvl 3 blade ward should help. Tried once a week ago or so. Saw the shield go up and was like, screw this.

Falk

that puzzling face
tO4nCM7.png

this shit is broken fam

Wow, that is awesome, good job. I haven't gotten below 40 on any, but I've geared for survival and sub minute completions. I could probably sub 30 Bismarck after I kill hydra a few more times. Maybe in two weeks after I've finished the cycle I'm on.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's completely absurd - 13 seconds in, Sea Lion has 90% hp. Then she fires off 99999 OSBs at a rate of once every 3 seconds or so with Thunder God's Might.

edit: turns out it's every 2.25 seconds or so bahahaha

Xetherion

I'm jealous of Terra's untyped quickcast. I have LD Zidane but his Trance only removes delay of Thief abilities so it doesn't work for his OSB ;_;

How many buffs did you have on Terra?

Falk

that puzzling face
The stack was IIRC
- +Fire Armor (Refia (lol))
- Alph ATK/MAG
- En-Fire SSB
- Faith (lol)
- Trance
- Full Dive fire bonuses
- Thunder God's Might (casttime)

Two entrust-bots.

You disgust me.

Why didn't I try to get her relics....

I think I can get sub-30 with a full-dived Refia/BSB and Raijin CT0 shenanigans too.

But considering I'm set for MIO farming with just Terra I'm gonna hold on to my motes to see what 30A nets.

I think one of my issues is running with a fully dived yshtola. I can run relm usb, it still has the damn bubble which interferes with sb generation but the party quick cast would speed things up quite a bit.

Thinking along those lines I have
Sazh bsb with 2 self quick casts
Ramza USB with party quick cast

I bet using those three could shave serious time off my runs, particularly since the ramza and sazh buffs stack...

may have to try Bismarck with that setup, I have lightning fully dived with USB, osb, bsb2 and lmr...

Edit: ok, can definitely do this with Bismarck. I have it at 32 but can greatly tighten up. Tempted to create a third entrust and run full out lightning three entrust/wrath bots, and relm....is that crazy talk?

WarAdept

this shit is broken fam

Is that with Terra's USB or SSB?

Also is everyone just burning through their Arcanas? I'm treating them like Elixirs in the mainline FF games at the moment (aka they sit there and never used for the entire game).

LTTP, but I finally beat my first Magi boss. :D

Triple MAG buffed + Mental Breakdown from Vanille's BSB = ~24k per hit on Ashe. That + Radiant Shield = Smooth victory, but no mastery.

Rubenov

Also is everyone just burning through their Arcanas? I'm treating them like Elixirs in the mainline FF games at the moment (aka they sit there and never used for the entire game).

I've used a couple, but mostly saving them as well. I guess it's best to use them after a point, though, especially if they can help get faster clears on magicites.

WarAdept

Oh it's Edge/Rosa today?

RIP me.

There goes my 309 mithril that I've been saving for 30th.

EDIT: Good luck everyone. May RNGesus have mercy on our souls.

Edward's SSB and Edge's USB from my first pull. Very pleased about getting Edge's USB.

I'm leaning toward doing another pull to try for Rosa's USB and any of Rubicante's relics. Hmmmmm...

MrDaravon

2/11 Edge BSB and Golbez SSB

Neither are dupes, and Edge in particular is a great addition for me since I have jackshit for both Water relics as well as physical FF4 folks. I think that's all I can probably justify here; I'm down to ~75 mythril, and while I still have a good chunk available (I haven't cleared all of the FFV event yet and haven't touched the DU or FF4 event yet) I want to make sure I've got mythril for FF6 and fest as well as whatever 30th anniversary stuff we wind up getting. Also a good amount of booby prizes on this banner. I'm fairly content with my one pretty good item pull + consolation prize.

Second pull got my Rubicante's SSB and BSB! Okay, all done!

I'll try for Rosa's USB during the fest. I do need a medica for FFIV really badly, but I know it'll be a highly recurring relic.

Falk

that puzzling face
we'll see who has the last laugh when i have 2x r5 holy with the new multi-hit patch and Thunder God's Might

Top Bottom