• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

What are Maria Clones?

I have ice and Raines, so I guess I'm just looking for some wildcard. lol
Is Vaan not useful nowadays?

Maria, Papalymo, Edea (Earth, Fire, Ice respectively) BSBs.

All 3 have a 3-6 hit CMD1 based on the user's Magic stat and CMD2 is an AoE Dark Bargain to boost Magic even further.

Vaan's is still good, but loses lots of value in Magicite dungeons.

All 3 have a 3-6 hit CMD1 based on the user's Magic stat and CMD2 is an AoE Dark Bargain to boost Magic even further.

Since I pulled Rinoa's bsb 2 and have Papalymo's bsb should I take Maria, Ayame, or Alph's?

WarAdept

Since I pulled Rinoa's bsb 2 and have Papalymo's bsb should I take Maria, Ayame, or Alph's?

Choose between Maria or Ayame, depending on realm synergy needs.

Of course, 1/11 on the fucking banner. That's 1 5 star out of last 80 mythril. Thanks you fucking piece of shit game.

I know it sucks, but at the very least if you're hunting for Noct stuff, all the good things return in the Prompto banner, which is a good banner in itself. (along with his LMR)

Lightnings' stuff always seems to pop up here and there. She must not be forgotten or something to those lines.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Is Vaan's burst good because of its speed or Vaan's ability set? I have Faris and Milifina (and probably a couple of others) that have Magic break burst commands, so I'm wondering if I can get by without it.

WarAdept

Is Vaan's burst good because of its speed or Vaan's ability set? I have Faris and Milifina (and probably a couple of others) that have Magic break burst commands, so I'm wondering if I can get by without it.

3 reasons:

Super rare Mag/Def breakdown on Entry

Instant Cast, so it's also high DPS

Commands are Magic/Armour Breakdown, so Vaan can carry something like TR/Power Breakdown/Mug Blood-lust for even more DPS/mitigation.

Pejo

Gold Member
Used the rest of my Mythril tonight on Banner 5. Did pretty well:

- Noctis Ultra
- Minfilia BSB
- Hope BSB

Funny enough, what I really wanted was Noctis' BSB. Ah well, good series of pulls for me, for this fest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3 reasons:

Super rare Mag/Def breakdown on Entry

Instant Cast, so it's also high DPS

Commands are Magic/Armour Breakdown, so Vaan can carry something like TR/Power Breakdown/Mug Blood-lust for even more DPS/mitigation.

I guess I have a couple of days to decide. I already have Edea, and I have a ton of Fire mage bursts, so I dunno what to do. lol

WarAdept

I guess I have a couple of days to decide. I already have Edea, and I have a ton of Fire mage bursts, so I dunno what to do. lol

Yeah wait until the Crystal Banner drops, then decide.

Nothing stopping you from choosing other fun stuff like Master's BSB or something as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah wait until the Crystal Banner drops, then decide.

Nothing stopping you from choosing other fun stuff like Master's BSB or something as well.

What's the Crystal Banner?

I didn't check the banner expiry for the paid banner actually. I just assumed it ended the same day as the fest itself.

WarAdept

What's the Crystal Banner?

I didn't check the banner expiry for the paid banner actually. I just assumed it ended the same day as the fest itself.

Similar to the Gem banner, expect you can use Mithril to pull and it has a different selection of free BSBs you can choose from.

Indignate

Only banner after the changes that I still cared about. Top prize was Alph BSB(+USB) and Lighting USB.

Two pulls got me Alph USB, Raines BSB (dupe), Lightning USB.

I don't think I'm going back in for Wiyu, but I'm unsure how to even make the USB work, at first I thought it combo'd with this BSB but that seems to not be the case. Do I just hone Tiamet up so I can USB > Spam Tia > Hope for dead Golem?

What the fuck is up with this Air Force MP fight in ff6? I'm trying to solo the 160 but it is fucking stupidly dumb. Wall + full break + shellga + protectga + magic breakdown + power breakdown and the fucking thing hits non stop for 2k - 3k + to all members, absolutely destroying me. I can do 250 dif battles no sweat but this 160 is insane.
It's a deceptive one because different attacks use the same name (e.g. Magitek Laser, one is 110% lightning mag damage the other is 650%)

You might want to take out the missile launcher as that does mainly gravity (% HP) attacks so you would be able to focus gear more on elemental resisting.

This D220 solo givens you an idea of how mad it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...e_merrier_vi/dnm86gn/?st=j8bchjka&sh=f3c05f80
Two R5 Curaja and they nearly ran out of hones.

At least for the D220 you might be able to use the old HnR zero with Cloud USB and strong physical but that also sounds pretty nasty because of how hard it hits after the first few turns.

WarAdept

Only banner after the changes that I still cared about. Top prize was Alph BSB(+USB) and Lighting USB.

Two pulls got me Alph USB, Raines BSB (dupe), Lightning USB.

I don't think I'm going back in for Wiyu, but I'm unsure how to even make the USB work, at first I thought it combo'd with this BSB but that seems to not be the case. Do I just hone Tiamet up so I can USB > Spam Tia > Hope for dead Golem?

The optimal use for Alph's USB is in conjunction with Neo Bahamut. With it, he is one of the 2 mages that excels in NE damage.

Pair Neo Bahamut with a highly honed 5* Summon such as Bahamut and watch as NBH gains a massive boost in damage as well as regenerating +2 uses once Deathflare procs.

Anustart

Yay, about 45 seconds in to Bismarck and I've done 20% of his health in damage. I'm fucking done. Dena wanting that money to pull for the latest and greatest in every fucking usb/LMR for every character to have a chance to kill any of these fucking things.

Even if he sat there and did nothing until 1:30 I wouldn't kill him in time.

Yay, about 45 seconds in to Bismarck and I've done 20% of his health in damage. I'm fucking done. Dena wanting that money to pull for the latest and greatest in every fucking usb/LMR for every character to have a chance to kill any of these fucking things.

Even if he sat there and did nothing until 1:30 I wouldn't kill him in time.

That’s not how magicites work. You’re much better off with 2 DPS, one support (possibly an Entruster), and 2 healers. Element boost and resist gear is useful too.

Trust me, I couldn’t tackle any of these a couple weeks ago, and then once I beat my first (Sealion), the rest gradually started falling into place. No USB is an instant win on any of these. They’re really about hones.

What’s your strongest element?

WarAdept

There was a Mobius update today. Maybe we can finally get that Meia FF1 event in RK.

YJAcsCOl.jpg

That’s not how magicites work. You’re much better off with 2 DPS, one support (possibly an Entruster), and 2 healers. Element boost and resist gear is useful too.

Trust me, I couldn’t tackle any of these a couple weeks ago, and then once I beat my first (Sealion), the rest gradually started falling into place. No USB is an instant win on any of these. They’re really about hones.

What’s your strongest element?

Right. Other than golem which is a bitch for physicals, the others should be able to be taken down with just one elemental bsb and a boost assisted by entrusters and another dose using abilities. Once you take one out, beat it until you Max out the magicitie and continue the cycle.

ccbfan

geez orbfest ends tomorrow and i'm no where near completing roulette. (More importantly haven't got all the special items like MC3 and Holy Cross)

Guess I'm gonna have to use mythrils until I get all the MC3s and Holy Cross

Re: migicite leveling

Am I missing something about leveling these things? The advice was to not use one and two stars to feed three stars because of the intherited stats in six months, but I just don’t see how it’s possible without burning literally hundreds of myhril on orbfest to max and combine them. I’ve used probably 40-50 refreshes at this point and while i have my 3*s maxed, I have 8 keys in the bank, so 10 I can acquire to level, which would take an enormous outlay or refreshes to get them maxed, which would obviously create another backlog of what 30 1 and 2 stars to level? I’m basically at my vault max before dropping mythril to expand that thing, which I’m loathe to do for just these junker magicites.

What am I missing here? Is there some better way to level these things than just run them with one equipped at a time? Some of course don’t need to hit 99 to get what you need from them, and more obviously some are prioritized over others.if there was some way to get arcana other than the magicite dungeons themselves, that would go a long way here.

Xetherion

I just sell 1* magicites. They don't give as much Inheritance xp anyway, better to just use your inventory space for 2* and above. As you said, magicite requires too much xp to level, i'd never get around leveling up 1*s.

I lucked out with getting knights to spawn. Have about 50 items left in the roulette and I only refreshed once via stamina shards. And this is after grinding out some more mythril in the story quests.

Czarcasm

So I did my 4th and final pull on banner 5. I was going for Raines, Noctus, and Alphinaud BSBs. What I got was:

Alphinaud USB
Raines OSB
2x Nabaat
2x Papalymo
Hope Dupe

Now my three choices for the selection (after I lucked out and got Kimahri Burst on the draw) are:

Alphinaud BSB (Re-usable Summons, Wind Mage to join Fujin)[Have SSB/USB],

Raines (Really good mage with stackable buffs)[Have Imperil/OSB],

and Zack (Imperil Wind)[Have CSB]{Don't have Cloud USB yet}

I'm leaning towards Raines as he hasn't shown up again in an event and if we get super fest I can't really be sure if he'll stay on a dark banner.

With Alphinaud, we already know that his will come up again in another banner and Zack will most likely be on the fest with his Wind Chain and will probably bring his burst with him.

So should I go with Raines or wait until the Crystal draw?

evangd007

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/740j9j/3_holydark_magicite_megathread/

I thought I was going to roll the holy and dark Magicites since my holy and dark teams are stacked, but the actual mechanics of the fights sound super annoying.

Auto-hit Instant KO is whatever for a one-time gimmick fight, but who thought that would be fun on something we're supposed to farm every day.

I'm not even looking at them. I'll need to beat all the current magicite to unlock them, and Fenrir isn't flinching to my anemic Ice relics.

If there was a banner I really wanted to avoid 6* on it was this one. So of course I went 3/11 with two 6*:
Raines OSB (dupe)
Alphinaud USB
Iris BSB

I finally have an astra source which is nice. Alphinaud is interesting but reliance on summon hones worries me. Raines OSB I feared would happen. I get Relics for Raines just not the relic.

Still it gives me a method to beat Golem...that also relies on hones but should be a bit less intense than ninja magic.

Basically am done. I only do first 10 fights in the events now for they mythril, skip mp, skip torments, skip jump starts.

I did that too. Trust me, that was my mindset. I also don't do CMs unless it's for a realm where I've got crazy synergy, like III or FFT.

But... that's why you're struggling. (And why I was too.)

At least do the "normal/hard" version of the MP battles. Try them solo. And try the first difficulty of the "real" MP fight -- again, solo, because the MP lobby system is freaking terrible. Also, try some of the beta JS battles; they're easier. In other words, you need motes, because motes and hones are what make a huge difference.

Rubenov

Got all magicites done under 30 seconds. Sealion is my fastest time at 24 secs and change. Hydra is my slowest one and requires multiple attempts to get it under 30 (using Maria OSB as my sole source of damage, paired with Noctis SSB).

I've been meaning to do videos but I've been lazy. Bring on Holy and Dark.

Pejo

Gold Member
Has any character other than Cloud and Keeper gotten RM that give you 1+ charge of your SB gauge at the start yet? I would kill for just 1 more of those. Or at least something in the vein of Ace Striker and the other one that gives SB gauge on skill or attack. I haven't really paid attention to new ones since RM3s were first announced.

evangd007

24 hours left of orbfest. Critical roulette rewards remaining:

Crystals
Power - 1
White - 1
Summon - 1
Earth - 1
Dark -1

MC3 - 1

5* Motes
Spirit - 5
Dex - 8
Vit - 8
Wis - 4
Brave - 9

I've budgeted 5 refreshes. Hopefully that's enough.

Has any character other than Cloud and Keeper gotten RM that give you 1+ charge of your SB gauge at the start yet? I would kill for just 1 more of those. Or at least something in the vein of Ace Striker and the other one that gives SB gauge on skill or attack. I haven't really paid attention to new ones since RM3s were first announced.

There's:

Mako Might (Cloud)
Dr. Mog's Teachings (Tyro)
High Scorer (Tidus - only with attack, so)
Ace Striker (Tidus)
Battleforged (Ramza)

Buuut...

Don't forget Lionheart (Squall) and Knight's Charge (Steiner). Lionheart is definitely useful.

Legend diving mages:

So I have yshtola and raines finished. trying to figure out who to do next. any thoughts on these, offensive mages that I have either a bsb or 6* minimum:

lulu-usb, 2 ssbs ld: icex2
ashe-bsb ld: lght x2
shan: csb, bsb, ssb ld: trance knock off
potato: bsb, ssb ld: firex2

dud ld's, correct me if I'm wrong
rinoa- osb, bsb2
maria-bsb
vayne-osb ld: darkx2 (uses bravery motes)

also: vincent-bsb, ssb (enfire) trance-thing, but this uses bravery motes

thoughts?

anyone use lulu's usb? I haven't tried it out, should against fenrir.
I'm leaning shan, if nothing else to have some variety in dives. though I've already dived a lightning phys, lightning so that coverage is a bit redundant though they play well together with the chain

WarAdept

Legend diving mages:

So I have yshtola and raines finished. trying to figure out who to do next. any thoughts on these, offensive mages that I have either a bsb or 6* minimum:

lulu-usb, 2 ssbs ld: icex2
ashe-bsb ld: lght x2
shan: csb, bsb, ssb ld: trance knock off
potato: bsb, ssb ld: firex2

dud ld's, correct me if I'm wrong
rinoa- osb, bsb2
maria-bsb
vayne-osb ld: darkx2 (uses bravery motes)

also: vincent-bsb, ssb (enfire) trance-thing, but this uses bravery motes

thoughts?

anyone use lulu's usb? I haven't tried it out, should against fenrir.
I'm leaning shan, if nothing else to have some variety in dives. though I've already dived a lightning phys, lightning so that coverage is a bit redundant though they play well together with the chain

Potato becomes one of the highest DPS characters in the game.

Can't go wrong with Potato.

Just cleared the roulette. I did other stuff during the first phase (anniversary events, daily Magicite) and ended up refreshing 5 or 6 times when I was way off pace at the halfway point. For the second phase, except for the FF5 Jump Start last night, I've only done roulette since it started.

Top Bottom