• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

So wow. Diving is actually game-changing. I fully dived Cloud (USB, BSB2), Butz (USB, OSB, BSB-Water, SSB), and Ysh (BSB, SSB, Wall).

Why did I not do this before.

I’m also 2 Fire Crystals away from Omega Drive R3.

Not sure which, if any, anniversary banners to pull on beyond the Crystal Draw.

I’d love some FF8 relics...

🤔

ultra7k

I got Matoya's from the free 30 pull i think and it seems decent enough - it at least gives me something other than Sarah's BSB for FFI content.

I am leaning heavily towards Firion, but will wait a bit before i make my final decision. Got to see what I can get from the other banners. I think I probably have enough vanilla mage bursts.

The only question is, do I do one more pull and chase Cloud USB?

I am leaning heavily towards Firion, but will wait a bit before i make my final decision. Got to see what I can get from the other banners. I think I probably have enough vanilla mage bursts.

The only question is, do I do one more pull and chase Cloud USB?

Firion's burst is still pretty legit for such an old relic. Instant magic blink and AOE holy damage on a character who can Lifesiphon. You can also dive him for Support 4. The commands are not that hot though-- you're probably better off just Lifesiphoning into another entry.

Don't chase Cloud. It's bound to recur on a better banner someday. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

And I finally understand the power of Butz. I just roasted Liquid Flame in 57 seconds and he did pretty much all of the damage. Now I wish I had his En-Earth BSB!

Only Hydra and Bismarck to go. I used to think these were impossible too.

Is Rinoa's BSB2 supposed to be bad? I've seen a couple people complain about it. It seems fairly decent? I'm going to sub out Celes and Lulu for Edea and Rinoa in my Fenrir team and see how things go.
From a look at it it's a bit tricky to use. CMD2 is witch school rather black magic, is a mag boost only (and 30% at that) rather than a bargain (so doesn't stack with sheepsong and in fact overwrites) but comes with an unsolicited magic breakdown. You see why this is a problem with CMD1 being more hits for more mag? It's a problem you might be able to solve but using less conventional stacks (e.g. instead of +mag sheepsong, use +mag/mnd endless blessings or mog burst).

It's still an en-ice burst with a self boost though so should fare better than Lulu.

Magicite are free to play about in (just flee) if a bit frustrating at times when it comes to trying better strategies and quicker times. I did a riskier strategy on liquid flame (swapped alph for sazh so less healing, no radiant shield but same buff and self support CT0...too frugal to craft a second entrust though) and was still some seconds off sub 30.

WarAdept

Better than Lulu but not as good as Shantotto or Palom.

Shantotto's is probably the best of them since it's a strong lightning burst which can fill in for fire/ice in a pinch. Palom will cover fire/ice better, though.

Everyone forgets Vivi's BSB2 which is the best multielement of them all :(

But it's not on the gem select banner lel

His day will come when his USB gets released.

MrDaravon

So wow. Diving is actually game-changing. I fully dived Cloud (USB, BSB2), Butz (USB, OSB, BSB-Water, SSB), and Ysh (BSB, SSB, Wall).

Why did I not do this before.

I'm also 2 Fire Crystals away from Omega Drive R3.

Not sure which, if any, anniversary banners to pull on beyond the Crystal Draw.

I'd love some FF8 relics...

��

I'm in the same boat actually; my baller pull on banner 2 finally got me to get off my ass and look at my teams and who to dive. In my case I haven't touched Raids in months so I'm waaaaaaaaay behind on motes unfortunately though. My top priorities were Vaan (BSB, he never leaves my party) and Bartz (BSB1 + USB + x3 Spellblade LM) and I only had enough motes to just barely fully dive Vaan :/ Better than nothing though, and now I have goals!

I've still not booted up Magicite Dungeons, have only done one Torment Dungeon ever, and have ignored Raids for months, I plan to finally get on all of that this weekend. If nothing else I need the FFV Torment to come back around since I think that's the only (?) other one-time source of Spellblade motes. Way back when those came out I misunderstood how it worked (I thought you were unlocking it for ALL characters who could use it) and foolishly unlocked Snowpell Strike on Tyro. So now that I have baller stuff for Celes and Bartz I want it on both of them but I don't have quite enough Motes to do it on both :/

Directly related note; I also haven't messed around much with crafting the 6* Nightmare abilities since I haven't been bothering with the highest tier content in a while. Right now of those abilities I only have Meltdown and Affliction Break crafted and both at r1. Are either of those specifically worth honing (I'm guessing AB probably isn't?) and are any of the others worth crafting? I know some stuff is getting buffed so I'm paralyzed by indecision. Maybe Omega Drive since I have Gaffgarion's BSB (restores ability uses), or is that one of the ones that's eh now but great later?

Balphon

Everyone forgets Vivi's BSB2 which is the best multielement of them all :(

But it's not on the gem select banner lel

His day will come when his USB gets released.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd take it over Shantotto's but it's better than Palom's. Unfortunately it's too recent to be available in the gem select.

Directly related note; I also haven't messed around much with crafting the 6* Nightmare abilities since I haven't been bothering with the highest tier content in a while. Right now of those abilities I only have Meltdown and Affliction Break crafted and both at r1. Are either of those specifically worth honing (I'm guessing AB probably isn't?) and are any of the others worth crafting?

This is a perennial topic of discussion around here. :) The good ones are Meltdown, Curada, Affliction Break, Valigarmanda, and Omega Drive. Affliction Break is actually a good one to hone to R2 because the effect only lasts for 15 seconds.

Yeah I have
R3
Valigarmanda
Omega drive
Meltdown

R2
Curada
Snowspell
Affliction break

I use all six of these regularly.

Man, I only have Meltdown out of these even created, let alone honed. I mean sure, months of absence will make you miss on a lot of crystals but I wasn't farming 60stam fights back then either. Luckily this fest is bringing me close to a R2 Meltdown and I think I made the right chose in creating it.

I decided to finally attempt Omega Apex and I beat him on my third try in about 39s. Here is the set up I used. RW was Rikku USB

dLP0Rif.png

Which legend record materia do everyone unlock first??
Anyone still run mage meta with Fujin and her Metsu bsb? I remember it was OP then or its not relevant anymore?

How do you get Magicite? Haven't raided in months and I have 0 legend record materia.

I dived Luneth for some of his abilities and Faris, fully dived Onion Knight. I guess I should start on Cloud since I have his USB or maybe Squall's too?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So for JP players, is Raines still useful?

I'm still debating Raines, Agrias (for Imperil Holy), Luneth and Shantato... I assume mage meta is still important, but is his burst still important?

Kenai

Finally got around to my pulls.

Gem pull: Curilla USB, Kefka BSB, Rafa SSB (Haste thing)

No dupes! And my first Radiant Shield! I'm fairly happy about it, though I never really looked into LDing Curilla (and if she's good she'll still be awhile since Gladio and Beatrix are ahead of her in line for Knight-ish motes), but hot damn all the same. FF6 bursts I don't have are always welcome and more stats for Rafa/armor for FFT is good too.

Banner 3 Pull: Cloud USB, Garnet BSB, Edea BSB

I liked this pull for the most part (again no dupes) but I have nothing for Cloud except his old Cross Slash SB and I have Garnet's (much) better BSB2 so their usage is iffy. Edea is a fine prize in either case, I needed Ice dmg stuffs kinda bad.

Still not really sure what to select for my free relic, tho now I am eyeballing Curilla's...I was planning a banner 4 pull though, so that's first.

Which legend record materia do everyone unlock first??
Anyone still run mage meta with Fujin and her Metsu bsb? I remember it was OP then or its not relevant anymore?

How do you get Magicite? Haven't raided in months and I have 0 legend record materia.

I dived Luneth for some of his abilities and Faris, fully dived Onion Knight. I guess I should start on Cloud since I have his USB or maybe Squall's too?

Who you dive should be based around who you have relics for. My general rule of thumb is them having both a BSB and an OSB/USB but yours may vary. Also Legend Diving trees are not equally useful so I would look to see how good the tree is for the characters you are planning on first.

Magicite you have to beat all the Nightmare dungeons to unlock then you have to beat the Magicite dungeons themselves. It's work for the unprepared so I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. They're great to have but not really necessary for anything yet.

Personally, I'll be using tonight's 8 mythril from the new orb fest dungeons to draw towards banner 3. That means I'll need 20 more mythril before Crystal Tower ends on 10/12 to draw there, using the second dungeon for 30/50.
Did my pulls.
$1 Zell BSB. I've pulled both of his SSBs (4x Combat King, in fact), so it's nice to finally have his BSB.

1/11 Squall BSB2. Going to likely dive him as soon as I get 31 more Vit motes. I also have his OSB and SSB1. Should I try to r3 SS now (at R1 atm) or just rely on 2x CMD 1 -> CMD2 spam.

Will the other Wind Magicite bosses have Fenrir's anti-physical shenanigans?

Cloud's stuff would have been nice, but I'm happy I finally got a top-tier DPS relic and my second En+OSB combo (first was Locke).

Kain

Little advice for those who want to solo Omega MP: hit and run works wonders. I just beat it Jump Start style with a wind team.

Also beat MP itself, it was fun.

hesho

geez

is there a secret to omega wpn i am missing or something... The guides say it is neutral but it is showing as it is resisting ultra cross so i'm a little confused by that. Also, HOLY DAMAGE!!! No idea where to start with him ><

I don't know why you guys are still trying to play MP with pugs. Use the r/FFRecordKeeper discord's multiplayer lobby. It's pretty active, and it's especially easy to find a group the day a new raid comes out.

Discord is not something I have the inclination or time to fool around with frankly. I’m glad it exists for folks to utilize, but chat programs don’t jive with my existence unfortunately.

I can assure you it doesn't xD

Finding a group alone is a huge time waster.

Yeah, it takes forever to even find a party that wipes out immediately!

So for JP players, is Raines still useful?

I'm still debating Raines, Agrias (for Imperil Holy), Luneth and Shantato... I assume mage meta is still important, but is his burst still important?

Raines is still good as far as I can tell if you dive him. I'm not a JP player though, so don't take that for the gospel truth, but he's a beast double casting those insta-C1.

Ahnez

Got enough mythril for one last pull on banner 3

2/11 2x cloud bsb2, and I already had it

GAH

I will never have anything for Zidane :(

Xetherion

Discord is not something I have the inclination or time to fool around with frankly. I’m glad it exists for folks to utilize, but chat programs don’t jive with my existence unfortunately.

Uh, Discord doesn't require any fooling around at all. You can use it in your web browser without installing anything, which is what i do.

Tidd

Oh baby! Money well spent. <3

Seriously I would've been happy with either of the USBs. But both? DAMN. I expected the worst case -> shitty off-banner or Squall's USB.

Edit: Oh the orb dungeons changed? I was way too busy today. <.<

I pulled on the Gem-only banner... Cloud OSB (which amounts to a solid +10 ATK) and Larsa's BSB. Neither were dupes!

Now, the only question is which BSB to pick up.

I have 100 mythril and haven't pulled on a single anni-banner. As far as elements go, I'm just going to list imperils, attaches, and major ones. I've got:

• Earth:
    Imperil - Dorgann BSB
    Attach - Gladiolus BSB
    Damage - Rinoa OSB, Gladiolus OSB.
  • Fire:
    Imperil - Locke BSB, Balthier BSB
    Attach - Auron BSB2, Steiner BSB, Vivi BSB, Balthier SSB
    Damage - Terra OSB
  • Wind: Zack/Cloud/Luneth shenanigans, guest starring Alphinaud. Aside from getting another imperil wind besides Zack's, I'm good here.
  • Water:
    Imperil - Rikku BSB
    Attach - Yuffie BSB, Paine SSB, Butz BSB
    Damage - Butz Twinstrike antics, mostly
  • Heart: I had to.
  • Lightning
    returns
    :
    Imperil - Garnet BSB2
    Attach - Rafa USB
    Damage - Rafa BSB, Palom BSB
  • Ice:
    Imperil - none.
    Attach - Lulu USB, Reynn BSB
    Damage - Lulu USB
  • Dark: Apparently I have Edea's Imperil SSB. Plus Decil, Garland, Golbez, and Seymour's BSB. I'll probably just use Raines BSB, though.
  • Holy: Agrias BSB, Orlandu OSB, Firion BSB. I'm good here too.

So, based on the foregoing, it looks like I could really use some Ice...

WarAdept

The Duskwatch, Part 1 (D200 CM)

Ayame - Tachi Jinpu
Curilla - n/a
Lion - n/a
Shantotto - Play Rough
Aphmau - n/a

Pain and suffering. My XI synergy consists of 3 items. x2 Shantotto BSB gloves and a Ayame gauntlet...

...Thank god for Ninja Magic.

Basically if any status gets through twice (as Enkindu can dispel once every 40 seconds), it's game over. Which happened a lot.

Also Stonja is an instant wipe.

Same with Aeroja.

Lel.

1aUzSsPl.jpg
BlaSs8zl.jpg
H0480GMl.png

Czarcasm

So my dream of Cloud USB is dead for another half year (Unless lucky banner)

However Banner 4 decided to make up for it by giving me Tidus USB, Rikku USB, and Aphmau BSB. Basically everything I really wanted on the banner.

Pulled this is a good banner for me.

Rikkus usb, awesome, I have her bsb and one Ssb
Alphmaus bsb x2,. So I'm annoyed i slogged through the torment already lol
Vaan bsb dupe.

So yeah missed clouds usb again, I've probably thrown 400 mythril at it by this point, but rikkus is an awesome addition. And alphmaus will be great for mag stacking, I can swap him/her for my healer and change out one of my boosters for another elemental bsb, like dumping raines for Maria on Hydra for example.

ouch.

:(

on another note, can I just say that it it absurd how much exp is required to take a magicite to 99, particularly when we can only get at best a couple of greater and normal arcana per day.

One of the reasons I've dumped a ton of mythril into refreshes is to boost my magicite, and I'm still leveling 2 of them up and I have 5 keys in storage: 5/99s 1 to go (at 83), 5/80s 1 to go (at 72) and 4 65s. I don't see ever getting caught up on these, maybe running the exp daily when it refreshes in 5 months, but then it will be a huge backlog of magicite.

My 7th 1/11, but it was a good one at least!

Rikku USB. Hot damn. I won't take onion BSB from the gem pull anymore. Now to decide between Ayame's BSB or Vaan... I'll wait for the crystal tower pull to decide for sure.

Top Bottom