• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I haven't played in a long while. We get 30 relic pulls now? I did the 30th anniversary pull.

Which phases are the good relics on now?? I'm clueless.

Falk

that puzzling face
2IOI37B.jpg

got a whatever pull

outside the lucky draws, my luck with the fest banners sucked.

300 mythril to get cloud's BSB.

Force stealer x2 (Cloud ultra)
Icebrand x2 (Squall ultra)
Ultima Blade (Cloud BSB)
Sargatanas (Zidane bsb)
Hamelin x3 (Eiko medica bsb)
Dagger of resolve (dupe)
Edea's Valkyrie x2 (dupe)

I'm at 426 mythril now.

Hmm.

Pulled more than i wanted and failed to land the big prize but got some good ones and improved 3 chars I've already mc3d

7/33
I n order
Cloud bsb reforged
Eiko bsb turned into Rosetta Stone as already reforged
Rinoa bsb (have her OSB that doesn't mesh with this at all)
Zidane bsb
Sqall usb
Squall bsb2 so now o have both bsbs and usb
Zidane usb

So the third pull with zidane usb and squall bsb2 is great and 6 of the relics are great for my team. Bulking up existing strong characters was my goal anyway.

Maybe the crystal pull maybe the dungeon Lucky draw for you cloud usb!

Fest has been pretty damn mean to me outside of Rosa's USB so far. I think I've done 6 11-pulls with only 1/11.

Only had 2 dupes on this banner and it gives it to me. Sephiroth BSB2/11. Ugh! Phase 4 better be good to me or I'm gonna throw a fit (or whine some more).

evangd007

1/11 - Seph BSB
2/11 - Zell BSB (dupe), Zidane BSB

Yeah I aint feeling this banner right now. Maybe I'll pull again later, but that would cut into my FFVI/Crystal Tower plans.

Xetherion

100 gems: trash

3/11: Seph burst2 (dupe), Rinoa burst2 (new), Squall burst2 (new). Well my ice game just got a whole lot stronger. I wonder what the best way to use Rinoa's chain with her new burst is. Burst>chain, or chain>burst?

I'm up to 4 possible dupes on the banner now, but i'm thinking about pulling one more time to try for Cloud stuff.

Edit: second pull, 2/11: Squall burst dupe, Zidane ultra. I have Zidane with full LD already, so this is cool i guess. A single chase hit with only a chance to minor imperil doesn't sound that good to me though. Not sure if it's worth using over his enWind super and overstrike.

Czarcasm

6/11

Sephiroth OSB, Squall BSB2 x2, Cloud BSB2 (4th), Sephiroth BSB2 (Dupe), Rinoa BSB2

2/11

Squall BSB2 (8*++), Dagger Dagger

Gonna do 1 or 2 more pulls before banner 4, really want Cloud USB

Also, screw the knight spawn rates. I refreshed several times today and still only got 2600 chips. All I want is the Accessory and Memory Crystal III's and I've gotten none of them.

Moment of truth.

3 pulls and I got Cloud's USB.

My first pull, I got 1/11 and it was Rinoa's bsb2. Talk about discouragement. 2nd pull, got Squall's USB, but I forgot the rest. 3rd pull, got Squall's BSB and Sephiroth's BSB2 and the grand prize with Cloud's.

Do people use Cloud's USB instead of Onion Knight as RW now?

WarAdept

Moment of truth.

3 pulls and I got Cloud's USB.

My first pull, I got 1/11 and it was Rinoa's bsb2. Talk about discouragement. 2nd pull, got Squall's USB, but I forgot the rest. 3rd pull, got Squall's BSB and Sephiroth's BSB2 and the grand prize with Cloud's.

Do people use Cloud's USB instead of Onion Knight as RW now?

40% Cloud USB
40% Rikku USB
20% Braska SSB3

Is pretty much mine

Balphon

I use Rikku USB for 90% of difficult content, and most of the rest is Mog BSB.

I think I used Cloud USB once, for the FF3 torment D200 CM.

evangd007

Did my 30th gem pull

3/11 - Cecil USB, Basch OSB, Jecht OSB

Is it bad that I hate this draw? I don't need dark, I don't need holy, and I don't need anything from FFIV.

Seriously, counting BSBs or better, I have 7 dark, 5 holy, and 0 ice. I could clean house on the dark and holy magicite on release, but at the rate I'm going I'll never unlock it.

Well, that was weird. Omega never entered Phase 3. We kept him stopped all the way until he died. Made the battle easy even though my group was a comedy of errors (dear players who bring Last Stand but don't apply it at the beginning of the fight: screw you).

Mastery on about attempt #8 or so.

Finally, CM conquer omega 3 times done, MP only. It was easier than Ultima weapon or less frustrating this time, I went Cloud USB/BSB + Ramza entrust battery.

I'm so salty I never pulled and ignored Bartz banner before the fest... I have his USB from banner 2, but still, it was a really good banner.

I feel like I've played myself with my phase three pull. 3/11:
2xCid BSB, Zidaine BSB2
They seem pretty good but physical wind is one thing I am far from short of (not to mention completely useless in magicite because wouldn't it be funny to put a physical tank in). I was hoping for the Ice relics because in general that is still dry for me (tri-element bursts lack en- or imperil so need a lot more buffing and Serah BSB I don't think will quite cut it).

Here it is. The most powerful relic on Banner 3
Just wait until the day some worthwhile thunder ninja magic comes out. Then who will have the last laugh?
Yeah 2x10k is noting compared to the unlimited power of Cloud

Anustart

Hopefully that 30 mythril dungeon shows up today. I'm going to need it as well as every piece of mythril I haven't acquired in other areas to reach 50 to pull on banner 3.

Cloud is nice and all, but Zidane my Husbando.

Hopefully that 30 mythril dungeon shows up today. I'm going to need it as well as every piece of mythril I haven't acquired in other areas to reach 50 to pull on banner 3.

Cloud is nice and all, but Zidane my Husbando.

Looks like it is opening on 10/1. Sorry.

Personally, I'll be using tonight's 8 mythril from the new orb fest dungeons to draw towards banner 3. That means I'll need 20 more mythril before Crystal Tower ends on 10/12 to draw there, using the second dungeon for 30/50.

Just checked my roulette prizes and I'm roughly halfway done, after doing 5 or 6 mythril refreshes yesterday.

It's lame that last time they had a roulette you could easily get all the prizes just by playing normally, and this time refreshes are practically mandatory.

Holy shit at XI CM torment =/

It was a beast borh the 200 and js

I have shans csb, bsb, Ssb. And liond, curilla, prisje, ahame ssb armors. So basically a bunch of 40% heals. The js was really annoying trying to win with two scrubs Shan and a non rs healer with bartz. If shans bsb and Ssb didn't have an ice component it would have been impossible.

It was a beast borh the 200 and js

I have shans csb, bsb, Ssb. And liond, curilla, prisje, ahame ssb armors. So basically a bunch of 40% heals. The js was really annoying trying to win with two scrubs Shan and a non rs healer with bartz. If shans bsb and Ssb didn't have an ice component it would have been impossible.

I'm waiting to try this until next week when I'll take Ayame's BSB from the gem selection-- my top picks were Ayame or Edea, so getting Edea off of banner 3 seals it. (Waiting until after the other selection banner to pick anything, just to be safe.)

I'm in pretty good shape with XI-- complete Shantotto, Prishe, and Aphmau; Curilla SSB. Hoping that will be enough. :)

I'm waiting to try this until next week when I'll take Ayame's BSB from the gem selection-- my top picks were Ayame or Edea, so getting Edea off of banner 3 seals it. (Waiting until after the other selection banner to pick anything, just to be safe.)

I'm in pretty good shape with XI-- complete Shantotto, Prishe, and Aphmau; Curilla SSB. Hoping that will be enough. :)

Wow my spelling was rough in that post! I took out the torment immediately just so I wouldn't have to take ayames bsb!

Hmm... I could Legend Dive Zidane with his USB, but I'm not sure about how useful the Trance mechanic is, anyone have experience with this? Vaan and Noctis are fighting for those motes too.

I'm in the same position.

I've ldd:
Cloud wind
Lightning lightning
Bartz Earth wind water fire
Raines dark holy
Ysh heals
Vaan debuffs
Ramza buffs

On the list:
Edge water
Squall ice
Ashe lightning
Papylymo fire
Faris debuffs/wind
Tyro
Cecil holy

So I hesitate with zidane as he is duplicative of cloud for wind on paper. If he's a beast with it, it may be warranted.

Goal one phys and one mag per element and assortment of buffs and debuffs. Bsb OSB or usb with a bias towards double cast legend materia.

First pull on the banner. Cloud USB will be very nice. I don't have his BSB2 so I'll have to try other things for damage. Squalls USB seems pretty bad. I have his OSB and his USB doesn't seem any better. Rinoas BSB2 will be nice as it's my first pure ice burst. I was excited for possibilities with her OSB that I recently got until I realized that it is earth/non.

WarAdept

Hmm... I could Legend Dive Zidane with his USB, but I'm not sure about how useful the Trance mechanic is, anyone have experience with this? Vaan and Noctis are fighting for those motes too.

Zidane, Vivi and Steiner are all fully dived for me, so I have x3 the experience on Trance :)

Zidane's Trance grants all stats up INCLUDING SPEED by 15%, as well as granting him CT0 for all Thief Abilities.

Trance also fully restores his health. In a world where ATB bars no longer tick through Last Stand, this is an even bigger boon.

You combine this with his USB and Dash and Slash for super high DPS with a chance to do another iteration of Wind Imperil.

I'll usually manually trigger Trance by hitting Zidane himself, whether it be from a party member or using Powerchain on Zidane to quickly hit himself. You'll need to play around with the thresholds of damage/mitigation to not kill him to trigger Trance... Or just use Last Stand.

Iscariot

You combine this with his USB and Dash and Slash for super high DPS with a chance to do another iteration of Wind Imperil.

I'll usually manually trigger Trance by hitting Zidane himself, whether it be from a party member or using Powerchain on Zidane to quickly hit himself. You'll need to play around with the thresholds of damage/mitigation to not kill him to trigger Trance... Or just use Last Stand.

It takes some setup, but I've seen this done with Cloud USB RW'ed for some pretty goofy light speed damage.

ultra7k

did an 11 pull on banner 3, pleasantly surprised!

Squall BSB2
Edea BSB X2

I went from terrible Ice BSB to now being formidable.

Now the question remains, which BSB to pick from the gem banner?

Firion BSB - I pulled his USB and have his SSB/OSB - the insta magic blink seems handy, and the BSB looks like it will pair nicely with his USB

Lulu - I have terrible FFX DPS, but is this relic outdated now?

Ayame - Go for more Ice?

Iscariot

Ayame is the #2 phys ice DPS BSB, but if you have Squall and especially if you Legend Dive him it might be overkill.

Lulu provides decent coverage, but it's otherwise a vanilla mage BSB.

Firion's has aged well imo. instant magic blink can be a godsend.

Balphon

Lulu's BSB is bad, though the item itself is good (+ice). The multielement mage SBs need something more than just being multielement to be useful and Lulu's doesn't have anything.

If you're looking for a multielement mage BSB, take Shantotto's or maybe Palom's.

If you just want FFX items none of the bursts are high damage, so you're probably best off taking Rikku's or Kimahri's.

The hardest part about the Omega MP battle was finding a group that wasn't instantly full of people.

Seriously, it took me nearly 20 minutes just to get an open slot. I should have made my own party, but I was just way too lazy to do that yesterday...

Seriously, it took me nearly 20 minutes just to get an open slot. I should have made my own party, but I was just way too lazy to do that yesterday...

I had much more success putting together my own groups. Unlike usual, this fight doesn't cost more stamina to be the leader so there's no reason not to do it.

Trying to prepare for FF11 Torment... What the shit?! I only have one moderate petrify resist accessory?!

Czarcasm

Did 1 more pull, got Squall USB + 4th BSB2 + Edea's BSB

I may give up on getting Cloud USB for this fest as all that's left is that, Zidane's USB+BSB2, Zack's BSB and Cid's BSB. Of those, only the USB's really interest me.

On the plus side, I never need to pull on a VIII banner again (Have Squall USB+BSB+BSB2, Rinoa BSB2, Edea BSB, Raijin BSB+SSB, Fujin BSB+SSB, Seifer USB, Selphie BSB+SSB,Quistis BSB+SSB) and I'm pretty much set for Ice too

Top Bottom