• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

FINALLY took down Omega Apex. That was painful.

lotcTCj.png

No idea which, if any, banner to pull on (too many dupes) — but I finally beat Golem! I think I have a decent takedown team assembled (Alf, OK, Ninja!Tyro, Mog/Vanille). Tyro is absurd.

Kain

Could scrap 50 myth thanks to the fact that I hadn't done the last realm dungeons and pulled

2/11

2xCeles BSB2

Eeeeeeh, I'll take it, Indonesian blade can be very useful on occasion.

I didn't know these gold knights could each drop their own set of 1300 chips. Just had one of those three waves of gold knights fir a total of over 7k chips. The animation skip now working is an absolute godsend.

Vi js

Fully dived bartz since I have usb and bsb 3. Faris us imperil x2. Vaan usb and bsb. Tyro usb2

Bartz rw cloud usb. Then his usb. Then snow spell strike hits for 30kx2 double proc so 120k total then the 8 hit barrage for i think 8k a hit. So around 180k for one ability use. Crazy stuff.

I had enough to do 1 fest pull. Debated between 2 and 3, pulled here. Got 1/11, Rosa BSB ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It's my first Medica for IV, but almost all of the other options would have benefited me more.

I'm at 34 myth, so I can probably pull on the banner 3, Crystal Tower banner, VI-1 (got Edge USB and am nearly empty on Dark Orbs, so Shadow isn't AS high a priority) or start saving for something later (FFTA?).

Kenai

No Kain's Lance to pick on the choice? Q_Q

Now I have to decide among several I didn't want quite as much. Hmmmmmmm...think I'll wait til more banners are out before the pull.

So with the gems whale pull what are the better burst soul breaks to think about picking in a vacuum?

Edit: I guess OK's burst is the best in a vacuum but I already have it

No Kain's Lance to pick on the choice? Q_Q

Now I have to decide among several I didn't want quite as much. Hmmmmmmm...think I'll wait til more banners are out before the pull.

So I see that Reddit speculates that the swapped relics are in the crystal choice. Which sucks for me I want lulu and Zack but it seems I will have to choose. With thancred also moving to this selection I really don't like any of the options for me. Fujin I guess would be the best for me.

evangd007

I'm going to keep this gem banner in the back pocket until I see what I get off the other banners. If I still need a fire something I'll go for Refia. If I still need ice... Edea or Ayame?

Kenai

So I see that Reddit speculates that the swapped relics are in the crystal choice. Which sucks for me I want lulu and Zack but it seems I will have to choose. With thancred also moving to this selection I really don't like any of the options for me. Fujin I guess would be the best for me.

Vanille's weapon isn't here either and I am pretty sure that used to be here (and was on the JP Choice I think), so if there that would actually be nice (except for the whole spending money thing). I'd take it over Steely Blade if that ends up being there.

So I am waiting untl Friday to pull, hopefully won't get crap/mostly dupes like the other banners. I have all the super obvious ones already (OK, Raines, Vaan ect).

But right now I am eyeing:

Sabin (one of my fav characters)
Papalymo (top tier dmg BSB, half non ele for resist/immune)
Firion (high utility BSB, have his OSB)
Ayame (High dmg BSB, rare Ice/non element)

Papalymo would be a lock if I had his OSB but I don't. Same with Sabin and I'm planning on pulling on every FF6 event so I might get them later. Firion is great but I have a LOT of Holy relics in general so Team Holy already has benchwarmers (sorry Hope) and I'm debating how much I'd actually use it. Ayame is high dmg and Ice is rare but she's from a rare realm that doesn't even have a new event in Japan yet so synergy will be awful.

Kinda hoping I pull one or two of these in the next few days so my choices are narrowed down for me, but I am not holding my breath after the last few pulls (dupe city)

I'm going to keep this gem banner in the back pocket until I see what I get off the other banners. If I still need a fire something I'll go for Refia. If I still need ice... Edea or Ayame?

Both are real gud. Basically non existent synergy (seriously there's never FF11 events) vs Ice/Dark element combo getting resisted on *insert mob here*. Both do a lot of dmg tho.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No mythril but only gems for the 30th anniversary relic pull? Really 😔
It looks like that's the case in the JP version right now too (although there are three banners). I have to imagine this is a response to the GBF SupTix system. lol

There are so many delicious things there... Metamorphose..........

I guess you can only do this once though? I assume whales would wreck the game and buy every single one. lol

Got Tifa's OSB from the gem pull. Meh.

Not sure whether to pick Onion BSB or Vaan BSB though... Vaan is probably more future proof, but it would be super useful to have Onion BSB since he fits so well as a support entruster or ninja magic dd. Ugh. Decisions...

ultra7k

Did the gem pull, and ended up with a dupe and Rek's SSB. oh well.

However, that does leave the question of which Ice BSB should I get? Ice is by far my worst element. I have the following Ice soul breaks:

Serah BSB
Snow BSB/SSB
Squall Unique that gives En-Ice

So as you can see, I really need some ice stuff.

Here are the contenders for the free relic we get from the Gem pull.

Lulu BSB - I have terribad FFX DPS - and this one seems tempting as it covers lots of elements and gives Lulu an en-Ice. The fact that DeNA loves to give us X events makes this worth of serious contentions.

Edea BSB - Looks like a clone of Maria's BSB. I like Maria's BSB. I have heard it is tough to cap her MAG though, anyone with this particular BSB care to comment?

Ayame - Bargain Phys Ice BSB seems decent. This would pair in nicely I think, plus gives some synergy to FFXI, though we don't seem to get too many events....

Rinoa BSB - Seems...really, really old...

Other contenders: Shantoto, Delita, Palom

Any ideas?

Xetherion

Edea bsb is the best magic ice sb. Ayame is the #2 physical ice sb. Lulu's relic is Ice+ light armor.

Take your pick from those 3. You should wait until banner 4 is over before picking though since Edea bsb is on banner 3 and Ayame bsb is on banner 4.

Falk

that puzzling face
It looks like that's the case in the JP version right now too (although there are three banners). I have to imagine this is a response to the GBF SupTix system. lol

It pretty much is a neutered suptix.

Which makes complete sense considering the relative rarities/power inflation of their various gacha items etc.

Cloud is my new waifu

W9sOC0cl.jpg

I don't have all those fancy en-elements, it was all USB + Omega drives, OK entrust battery, ramza with shout, RW: wall, Bismarck magicite, and instant Ko resist accessories saved my ass several times

The moment when you stun lock the mofo... ysh and relm casting stop back to back just in case.

I know I can go lower than 50 secs, but I don't care, mastered, took my prize, thank you very much

Another pull on P2. 2/11
Cecil USB, Relm BSB
At least it isn't Faris USB and a 4th Bartz BSB3.

Too many phases to quote so I just leave the link here https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75818949
Better plan your pulls so you can beat him :p
Is these going to be a multiplayer version of this? MP Nemesis had me going "fuck this I'm out" and this will be much the same except instead of dying on turn 3 you end up with half the party under berserk.

Kain

Got some unexpected money and pulled on this gem banner because I plan on skipping the rest of the fest. Got Penelo's BSB and it's great because I had no Medica there and chose Raine's BSB to power up the mage meta. Now the only relic I really want is Bartz USB, but you can't have everything in life xD

Just used a mythril to restore stamina for the first time ever. I really want all the roulette prizes before the fest is over, and according to analysis on Reddit, the math doesn't add up without doing some stamina restores. I didn't even realize it would overflow your limit so nothing gets wasted; that's pretty cool.

Just used a mythril to restore stamina for the first time ever. I really want all the roulette prizes before the fest is over, and according to analysis on Reddit, the math doesn't add up without doing some stamina restores. I didn't even realize it would overflow your limit so nothing gets wasted; that's pretty cool.

That was definitely one of the better minor qol upgrades. Trying to time battles to not waste stamina was tedious.

Falk

that puzzling face

If the flavor of orbs makes any difference to you whatsoever (e.g. you need a bunch of ice/dark/summon) you should be aware it swaps out in roughly 10 hours, so you should try to aim for refreshing till halfway done (or more) if so by then.

Pejo

Did that gem pull thing, got a dupe Auron Tornado, finally got a Zidane burst, and Cloud Ultra. Not bad.

Picked Gabranth's burst out of the selector because he's one of my favorite characters, and I have been trying to find a way to use him for a while, despite only having SSBs for him.

If the flavor of orbs makes any difference to you whatsoever (e.g. you need a bunch of ice/dark/summon) you should be aware it swaps out in roughly 10 hours, so you should try to aim for refreshing till halfway done (or more) if so by then.

Yep, that's why I'm doing some refreshing now instead of waiting until the end. Ice and Dark are definitely needs. If I'm not mistaken though, the changeover is tomorrow evening, not tonight.

Pejo

Pulls the most OP relic in the game. "Not bad".

My bad, I haven't been keeping up on the meta, I honestly didn't know it was good. I was in daily login maintenance mode until the fest came around. So it's that good? Just for the ATK/crit buff or what?

Tidd

Tonight will be amazing. 3/11 Cloud USB, Zidane USB and Zell BSB. Reality:
1/11 Dagger's Dagger of Daggerness

Did that gem pull thing, got a dupe Auron Tornado, finally got a Zidane burst, and Cloud Ultra. Not bad.

Picked Gabranth's burst out of the selector because he's one of my favorite characters, and I have been trying to find a way to use him for a while, despite only having SSBs for him.

Yeah.... That is a not bad pull I guess whatever

Xetherion

My bad, I haven't been keeping up on the meta, I honestly didn't know it was good. I was in daily login maintenance mode until the fest came around. So it's that good? Just for the ATK/crit buff or what?

It's that good because it lets whoever uses it break the damage cap with ALL of their physical attacks. It's usually best as a RW, but with enough investment it also lets Cloud become a one-man boss destroyer. There are people who have gotten sub-30 second clears on all Magicites, the hardest bosses in the game by far, just by building a team around Cloud with his Ultra.

Pejo

It's that good because it lets whoever uses it break the damage cap with ALL of their physical attacks. It's usually best as a RW, but with enough investment it also lets Cloud become a one-man boss destroyer. There are people who have gotten sub-30 second clears on all Magicites, the hardest bosses in the game by far, just by building a team around Cloud with his Ultra.

Ah, thanks! I'll throw him up on my RW then. Probably will get way more usage than Y'shtola.

Iscariot

What finally worked for me was copying this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4uKD2s0Eqg

And I mean copying it, like exactly. The only thing you need for this strat is ninja magic hones, Bismarck magicite, and some Holy+/Fire+/Wind+ gear. You don't even use any SBs except for Love Serenade RW until after Omega is stopped.

I got a 36 second clear finally with a few errors, but I don't care enough to go again for a sub 30.

I have Lightnings USB and BSB2 (no LMR and not Legend Dived), so I opted to build a team around her and Cloud USB as RW. Ramza (shout/chant/USB), Tyro (Wall), Relm (BSB) Ysh (BSB). With everything in place Thundering Twinstrike was criting for 35kx2. It seems pretty straightforward to replicate if you have any of the big DPS relics at the moment. Bartz, Edge, Shadow, or even native Cloud USB. The RNG is just such a drag.

For the gem pull I got Cyan USB, Wakka USB. Wakka seems like a pretty solid addition to a water team with that. Especially if you have the Water Chain (which I don't lol) as it's nine hits. Still haven't decided what to grab for the selection though. It's between Onion Knight, Vaan, and Raines.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still have no idea what to pick. lol

Metamorphose seems to have the most utility, but having Shantato basically covers 3 elements. Also the imperil Holy of Agrias would be nice too...

Top Bottom