• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Falk

that puzzling face
It's... kinda weird they're talking about Dirge as a realm but Crisis Core wasn't. Same with what constitutes 'beyond' and what doesn't. Same with Mobius being chucked into FF1 because why not. There's no consistency at all.

Which could be said about virtually everything regarding the game anyway so oh well.

My friend posted this to me. His gf pulled for him.
EMOdZB6.jpg
So he's got Cid's OSB and Cleansing Strike. I wake up and see this. Immediately get salty lol. Talk about insane luck after coming back.

With the easy FFT Multiplayer raids I did the "play with your new SBs" route and found that nobody knows what Ovelia's Divine Ward does (it's shelga, protectga, 2000HP curada thing) because I had players using shelga, protectga and even a Y'shtola go can use their shelga, protectga, regen SB :( . Then again you can't expect people to know what every SB does or even pay attention to the animation.

I also hosted a game and might have made a player ragequit as I kind of started the fight with them mid-way through changing characters and gear (which I couldn't see because DeNA won't fix the global exclusive UI bug where any changes don't actually show up...which has been the case since the beta...surely the beta was for more than all players seeing leaders langauge) and low and behold they had left when the fight started. Though given the display bug it might as well be that a player who is changing gear gets disconnected.

Yeah it is a real challenge to remember or learn what each sb is doing let alone what the bssb commands are doing. Esp for some of the more random niche characters that don't see the light of day unless you have their relic. Cait sith, mog, etc just a lot of duplication,I'm glad when I see a group with two bsb healers and a wall and figure we have an ok chance even if we have multiple protecga firing,

Clearedall nightmare paintings, only dervish, affliction break, and valigarmanda bosses remain. Best thing about nightmare dungeons is how many orbs and crystals you get

The raids are fun but some things people do make me scratch my head. During d200 we have Yshtola with wall and Dr Mog's teachings and the first thing they do is Wrath. After the first Ultima they start casting SS2. Needless to say we wiped while that was casting haha.

It's only 1 stamina though and it is funny to see everyone using stamps to express something. I love the stamps and I hope we get more.

Balphon

The raids are fun but some things people do make me scratch my head. During d200 we have Yshtola with wall and Dr Mog's teachings and the first thing they do is Wrath. After the first Ultima they start casting SS2. Needless to say we wiped while that was casting haha.

It's only 1 stamina though and it is funny to see everyone using stamps to express something. I love the stamps and I hope we get more.

It can be good to wait with buffs like that against bosses like Ultima who are scripted to start with weak attacks.

Waiting too long, however, is bad. :)

evangd007

Second pull on Summoner's:

Twin Viper
Stardust Rod
Hawkeye

OSB and offensive BSB to go with my previous Medica BSB; think I'm done with this banner now.

Really? I barely remember a single damn character from those games, and I even liked them and think all the hate they got for lol kids story was dumb.

Playable in the story/unlockable post game

Marche
Montblac
Ezel
Ritz
Shara
Babus
Cid

Non playable that could be playable in RK

Mewt
Nono (Though he could be a FFXII character as well)
Doned
Remedi
Llednar

That's also not including the special generics that could join your team.

I imagine any FFTA characters would be in the "Beyond" realm.

I feel like the beyond realm should be reserved for weird characters that don't have enough to be their own realm or don't logically attach to a previously established realm (like FF7 for CC/AC/DoC). Beyond should be characters like

The leads from Brave Exavius
Layle from Crystal Bearers
Cosmos and the other Dissidia OG characters
The kids from World of Final Fantasy
If Sora got into this game from KH

Stuff like that, heck if you want to get picky FFTA and TA2 could be combined into one TA realm.

Syntsui

Holy shit, how is Jenova Death harder than Vinuskar? Motherfucker is broken and my wall is up and it still hits like a loose truck.

Dezner

Sup Guys? :eek:

I've been playing for about 2 months now after finally getting a smartphone. I'm not terribly addicted but I do play daily to get the bonuses and I'll usually play enough dungeons to drain the stamina meter before I come back to it the next day.

I can already tell I'm no where near "finishing" the game, of course. :p

My, uh, "main" party hasn't changed much since I started playing. I'm really just too lazy to keep changing around party members and equipment, and most of the 5 star equipment I have can be used by my highest level characters anyway.

I'm getting close to needing to level new people, though. Level 78 with my main party right now (Cloud, Kain, RK, Freya and Quistis-sama)

I only have one Memory Crystal III, so I think I'll use it on Cloud and he'll just be my powerhouse for the foreseeable future. :eek:

Wazzy

Banned
Kaiser is probably the hardest nightmare boss. You should be able to do neo bahamut just fine.
Oh okay that's good to hear then lol

My only issue with Kaiser is the RNG mastery requirements. He does hit pretty damn hard but since I have Y'sh burst and SG from Tyro it helped quite a bit. Plus Edea's Magic boost.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow Neo Bahamut went down fast. Easiest nightmare fight so far for me.

Speaking of Curada fight, I'll probably try it now. I remember it being a pain in the ass the first time I tried.

Ahnez

So Alphinaud doesn't have a memory crystal for me to unlock? I just spent most of my eggs getting him to 50 :(
It was obtainable during the xiv event. The hall of rites is updated in batch, thats why his MC1 is not there

It will be added to the HoR on its next update, in one or two weeks I believe

Kyari

So Alphinaud doesn't have a memory crystal for me to unlock? I just spent most of my eggs getting him to 50 :(

It'll be added to the lode shop after the next maintenance, which will probably be on monday/tuesday because we're out of translated banners.

Rubenov

I started playing less than 3 weeks ago so I couldn't obtain it then (not did I know much about crystals or characters whenever the XIV event was going on).

Hope this update comes sooner rather than later.

Syntsui

I tried Curada boss two times with no success. Even used Selphie BSB as a RW, which is said to melt it.

I do NO DAMAGE AT All, wtf. These white magic skills are pathetic, I even honed another fucking Diaga just for it do less than 2k damage on the boss. Absolutely pathetic, his defenses must be absolutely absurd.

How did you guys beat it?

I tried Curada boss two times with no success. Even used Selphie BSB as a RW, which is said to melt it.

I do NO DAMAGE AT All, wtf. These white magic skills are pathetic, I even honed another fucking Diaga just for it do less than 2k damage on the boss. Absolutely pathetic, his defenses must be absolutely absurd.

How did you guys beat it?

Thats the Guardian boss right?

Quoting from solitaireD's fuck the mechanic just brute force it which is how I beat it

SolitaireD said:
Brute Force Method:

Requirements:
- 5 Fire resist accessories
- AOE heal (BSB>High Regen>Magic Blink)
- Protectga
- Shellga
- Dispel
- Faithga
*Native Wall helps a lot

RW - Selphie BSB/Aerith BSB

- Setup Faithga and mitigations.
- Make use of summons to destroy the Launchers. This way, you will not trigger Mustard Bomb counter.
- Spam summons and ninja magic on Guardian. Remember that Launchers will return at 75% and 35% HP so hold your ninja back before that.
- Repeat

*Using ninja magic as finisher to kill off Launchers can save you some hones while avoiding counterattacks.
*Every ninja magic on Guardian will trigger Atomic Ray which deals around 400 damage with Wall, Shellga and moderate Fire resist. Even then it can hurt when stacked up so make sure if you have sufficient heals.

Selphie BSB is the best choice for RW. Besides Faithga, it can allow your healer to nuke as well. Albeit around 2 x 2800 per command but still better than most of your attacks.
I will still recommend Selphie even to those who have it natively. Faster nuking.
Alternatively, Aerith or Eiko's BSB can easily heal up the Atomic Ray counters with their party heal command.

Syntsui

Thats the Guardian boss right?

Quoting from solitaireD's fuck the mechanic just brute force it which is how I beat it
This Selphie nuking talk is ridiculous, her damage is pathetic. By the time I used her BSB + Command 2 two times, the boss would still have more than 50% of its HP.

I'll brute force with Raines, fuck it. It will trigger the counter the same way ninja magic does. And they are fucking weak too.

This Selphie nuking talk is ridiculous, her damage is pathetic. By the time I used her BSB + Command 2 two times, the boss would still have more than 50% of its HP.

I'll brute force with Raines, fuck it. It will trigger the counter the same way ninja magic does. And they are fucking weak too.

Yeah it only does 5-6k but the only other command doing that much damage in my rub was the 4 star ninja magic phatasma which did like 5k a cast. Compared to your other options selphie's command is the fastest/safest way to do damage quickly.

I finally did it by using Deployment Tactics RW. I also used 1 Mythril to continue and go tlucky with +offensive stats, and that was letting Vanille BSB command 1 do like 13k damage. Alphinaud and Kuja were spamming AoE (Bahamut + Ruinga) to take out the lasers fast. And when the cannon would target someone, I would have that person attack the cannon so that it would commit suicide.

I used RMs that boosted damage, like +summon damage for Alphinaud, +white magic damage for Vanille, etc.

Wazzy

Banned
I cleared Curada last night. The damage output is slow but with Y'sh BSB, Selphie Strange Vision/Dream, Minfillia Last Stand and Vanille Burst it wasn't terribly hard, just boring.

I think I'll try Affliction Break next.

thedan001

Hmm, I was doing 9999 damage per diaga and Strange Vision command 1 doing 2x 9999 to the adds

Are you stacking MND and using Holy boosting staves?

I had access to 2x SB's with MND boost so that's a factor

Shirosaki

Neo Member

I had posted earlier for someone if they need it I can switch to Yuna BSSB2. That for me made the fight an absolute joke (4x 7k damage after getting Valefor up)

thedan001

Thinking back now, I struggled with Curada for a while then decided to kill everything asap and put each white mage a dps role, didn't have any trouble that time

It was when playing defense/mitigation with white mage team that made the fight more troublesome

Balphon

I only have one Memory Crystal III, so I think I'll use it on Cloud and he'll just be my powerhouse for the foreseeable future. :eek:

Cloud is a good choice generally because the Record Materia he unlocks when you get all his other RMs and level him to 99 is very useful. Luneth and Vaan are good candidates as well for the same reason.

RivalCore

Finished up nightmare necrophobe today by bursting him down with TGC and his OSB. It was glorious, I used it 5 times throughout the 2nd/3rd stage.

And which that done, I've done everything in game. All nightmare stages and elite dungeons. Feels sad having nothing to except run dailies and wait for content to come. Hurry up and release more DeNA!

Xetherion

Valigarmanda defeated!

Was cake with this team:

Alphinaud: Shiva r5, Tiamat r1 (burst) Ace Striker
Krile: Ifrit r5, Leviathan r3 (sheep mode) MM
Eiko: Shellga r2, Curaja r5 (burst) Battleforged
Hope: Orthros r4, Alexander r5 (OSB) Devotion
Tyro: Valefor r5, Bahamut r3 (SG) DMT

RW: Deployment Tactics

Burned that boss down before he even spawned a 5th orb. Didn't even use Bahamut or Tiamat. Failed to get a yellow glutturn to spawn but didn't matter because i didn't lose any other medals.

After buffs Hope was doing 2300x8 with Orthros or 9999x2 with Alexander if i needed aoe. Alph was doing 5000x4 with his cmd1 once he got his burst up.

And every time the boss attacked he got his damage reflected in his face. Every aoe he cast also did ~5800 damage to himself lol.

MrDaravon

I really wish I'd gotten Alph's BSB, the new Nightmare dungeon is just too much of a DPS struggle for me with what I have :/

Unrelated but is the 2nd FFT banner and bonus battles tonight or tomorrow?

I cleared Curada last night. The damage output is slow but with Y'sh BSB, Selphie Strange Vision/Dream, Minfillia Last Stand and Vanille Burst it wasn't terribly hard, just boring.

I think I'll try Affliction Break next.

That was easily the most ridiculous one so far IMO. Phase 3 borders on completely unfair.

Unrelated but is the 2nd FFT banner and bonus battles tonight or tomorrow?

Bonus battles / banner 2 always come on Sunday.

Got Genji Gloves with my 100 gems, breaking a streak of 12 100 gems without anything. With it giving party Stoneskin 30% + Augment Critical Damage +50%, it will be a great combo with Eiko BSB boosting the rates of Critical Hits. Really wanted Delita BSB, but I won't spit on another Ramza relic! Genji Gloves are also one of my favorite piece of gears in FF and those don't suck! Too bad you can't steal them from the Marquis Elmdor anymore in WotL, always loved to do that.

MrDaravon

Got Delita's Coral Sword on a 100-gem pull, wouldn't have been my first pick off the banner but I will more than take a FFT sword stat-stick with lightning+ on it for a dollar.

Top Bottom