• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

$1 pull.

Cpt3lXK.jpg
$1 pull.

2xTycgG.jpg

Syntsui

Gaffgarion fight is the proof that the wall meta is still not dead. I couldn't even setup the Holy onslaught before he wrecked at least 3 of my characters.

Well, time to fuck him, with wall.

$1 pull Orlandeau BSB.

$1 pull.

2xTycgG.jpg

Oh just fuck off! </3 That's like 1/10 000 to happen!

Grats! :p

Gaffgarion fight is the proof that the wall meta is still not dead. I couldn't even setup the Holy onslaught before he wrecked at least 3 of my characters.

Well, time to fuck him, with wall.

Don't know how many but I think that a bunch of his attacks ignore Def. Wall will still help on some, though.

MrDaravon

A lot of his attacks ignore Wall. I just completely fucking melted him in the CM on my first try, that was far and away the easiest CM I've done yet and without a Medica even.

Syntsui

Don't know how many but I think that a bunch of his attacks ignore Def. Wall will still help on some, though.
Tried again and beat him. Wall was an absolute must, I can't see it working without it. At least with the full Tactics team.

Without wall, even full broken/penta broken/power broken, he was hitting 3k-5k. With all of this + wall, he never hitted more than 2k.

Fun fight, it was my first Cid mission and the first time synergy actually mattered for me in this game.

WarAdept

Saved enough Google rewards credit for $1.41 pull (yes this is what the prices are in Aus, it's $40+ for an x11 pull).

Dupe Platinum Sword.

Fucking lol. Of course it gives me the item that I burnt 500+ mithril on in the first Tactics event only to get it later in SSBfest for 5 mithril again.

MrDaravon

Yeah I just rock Tyro with SG and OK with BSB always in raids now because 99% of the time no one else has a wall or hastega, or if they do they don't use it when they should.

Wazzy

Banned
Fuck everything.

Cleared 200 raid but a connection error happened right at the end and it didn't count the fight as complete. Ugh.
That was easily the most ridiculous one so far IMO. Phase 3 borders on completely unfair.
Curada was definitely ridiculously hard when it first released. The three turrets is an annoying mechanic.

Completed all the added battles plus raids. Since I have great Tactics synergy I was able to complete Ultimate, +, and ++ with my full Tactics team. It's the first time I ever did an event CM too so there's that.

Caim

That explains why I got hit for like 4k despite Wall being up.

EDIT: Nevermind I had Protectga up.

I feel conflicted

I want a relic for every FFT character since its my favorite ff game

The only character I don't have one for is gaffarion

But I have no mythril and I'd have to whale

Which is fine, but if I'm gonna whale it should be for cid's osb

:|

WarAdept

I feel conflicted

I want a relic for every FFT character since its my favorite ff game

The only character I don't have one for is gaffarion

But I have no mythril and I'd have to whale

Which is fine, but if I'm gonna whale it should be for cid's osb

:|

Orlandeu's OSB is definitely going to be in 2nd Anniversary Fest.

Gaffgarion will most likely not (unless by some miracle he gets voted in the Orthos banner).

MrDaravon

IIRC Gaffgarion's BSB has no known recurrence at this time unless they throw it into something in Global that they didn't in Japan.

A lot of his attacks ignore Wall. I just completely fucking melted him in the CM on my first try, that was far and away the easiest CM I've done yet and without a Medica even.

Pretty much. I used Maria's Song BSB RW. Ramza Shout, Mustadio Pentabreak, Full Break, Armor Breakdown.

Agrias's SSB did 7x 9999, every use of Maria's Song BSB command 1 was 4x 9999, Orlandu Powerchain + Full Charge was 5x 9999, he melted before he could even do any serious damage

Fuck everything.

Cleared 200 raid but a connection error happened right at the end and it didn't count the fight as complete. Ugh.

Curada was definitely ridiculously hard when it first released. The three turrets is an annoying mechanic.

I meant Affliction Break actually, but they were both hard

I try to do all my CM without RW Wall and this is the hardest CM I ever tried. I removed 200k of his HP with two cast of Orlandeau OSB RW and I still can't survive long enough. Finally got it with full medals but it was not easy! I barely have any SB/SSB for FFT, though.

D200 was really easy, if anyone wants help with it let me know. I'm rocking a Lv. 99 Orlandu with Thunder God and Powerchain. When he gets to like 70% I use Powerchain -> Thunder God and it does 97k damage, followed up immediately by another Powerchain -> Thunder God and we took him from 70% to dead in 2 rounds.

Not sure if he's supposed to be hard, but if he is and people are having trouble with him, happy to help.

cm was really easy for me, what with a fully augmented plat sword, near fully augmented orlandeau osb sword, agrias holy ssb whatever, ramza's bsb and mustadio's hyperbreak, oh and ovelia's ssb medica.

had the craziest mp 200 round, I roll with minfilia and eiko. minfilia with her bsb and ssb, eiko with her bsb heal. no ramza's so had to use minfilia's boost 2x which meant that we had last stand up and we needed it. he was down to a sliver of life and wiped us, back up with last stand, wiped again but lenna's reraise was active and this poor onion sliced his last 2k in hp. really hectic with all the status, I got hit with silence through my major accessory which really caused some sweat to form, I of course was the only bearer of ultracure.

edit: I'm unable to send my pc a screenshot from my ipad, but I was inspired to pull on the summons banner after a post from yesterday or the day before here and I ended up with 2 osbs, a bsb and an ssb for probably my best pull ever. osbs-rinoa, hope, bsb ashe, ssb arc's medica. the bsb being the prize there of course. last 2 11 pulls-3 osbs.

cm was really easy for me, what with a fully augmented plat sword, near fully augmented orlandeau osb sword, agrias holy ssb whatever, ramza's bsb and mustadio's hyperbreak, oh and ovelia's ssb medica.

had the craziest mp 200 round, I roll with minfilia and eiko. minfilia with her bsb and ssb, eiko with her bsb heal. no ramza's so had to use minfilia's boost 2x which meant that we had last stand up and we needed it. he was down to a sliver of life and wiped us, back up with last stand, wiped again but lenna's reraise was active and this poor onion sliced his last 2k in hp. really hectic with all the status, I got hit with silence through my major accessory which really caused some sweat to form, I of course was the only bearer of ultracure.

edit: I'm unable to send my pc a screenshot from my ipad, but I was inspired to pull on the summons banner after a post from yesterday or the day before here and I ended up with 2 osbs, a bsb and an ssb for probably my best pull ever. osbs-rinoa, hope, bsb ashe, ssb arc's medica. the bsb being the prize there of course. last 2 11 pulls-3 osbs.

@edit - Nice pulls! Isn't Ashe's BSB one of the good ones or am I thinking of something else? Arc's SSB is nice too, good job!

Syntsui

What were the other relics that were together with Cid OSB in Japan's anniversary? I know they might change some, but if I have to whale again, it better have something good.

Dragner

What were the other relics that were together with Cid OSB in Japan's anniversary? I know they might change some, but if I have to whale again, it better have something good.

It was

Agrias OSB
TGC OSB
Ashe OSB
Golbez BSB
Eiko BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Ramza SSB2
Alphinaud SSB
OK SSB2
Zidane SSB2

Pretty good stuff. But our banners will be changed 100% so lets see.

Dragner

Tactics CM are the easiest if you have shout. You can bring proshellga and wall so gaffgarion is not a problem. If you dont have shout is trickier but the boss isnt really hard anyway.

Balphon

Tactics CM are the easiest if you have shout. You can bring proshellga and wall so gaffgarion is not a problem. If you dont have shout is trickier but the boss isnt really hard anyway.

20% <Attack> (PHY: 4 hits - 422% Phys Dmg)

You sure? :p

I can drop him down to near the ATK debuff cap and that still hits for 2.5k x 4 through protect.

WarAdept

A Sword for Peace Ultimate+ CM

Echoing the multiple statements above. Bring Wall if you have native Shout, Gaff hits like a freight train. I thought I'd be clever with Deployment Tactics, but I really should've brought Wall to ease up Ovelias job (especially since I have no medica for FFT).

Thank god for off healer Agrias.

Y4hIOxo.jpg

Syntsui

Ovelia needs a BSB urgently, she is beyond trash with her relics right now. There are dozens of healers that do exaclty the same, but better.

friz898

This week my 100 gem pull was 3 star trash.

Also this week, Gaffgarion was much harder than the rush of common enemies.

I'm glad they're addressing that Wall broke the game. Just because I don't think one skill should make or break a fight. However, in this game, when they're doing things like "ignore def" I mean, it's almost like what is the point of getting defense.

Also, with fights coming up that need 4-5 layers of mitigation or debuffing, that too is frustrating. I understand they gotta make the fights hard and encourage people to whale, but it's like the nightmare fights. They aren't fun because it's not "can you beat this" it's "can you do everything in a certain order to win, otherwise one-shot wipe".

Not really disgruntled, just sharing my thoughts.

Dragner

Ovelia is trash no matter what. Just white 5 with poor stats on a obscure realm. She needed a gamebreaking relic but she is not getting it. Her burst is decent. But its just that. Her command 1 has heavy regen on it and is instacure with +30% mind and thats cute. But the entry is just cura level medica and some weak holy hits.

Syntsui

This week my 100 gem pull was 3 star trash.

Also this week, Gaffgarion was much harder than the rush of common enemies.

I'm glad they're addressing that Wall broke the game. Just because I don't think one skill should make or break a fight. However, in this game, when they're doing things like "ignore def" I mean, it's almost like what is the point of getting defense.

Also, with fights coming up that need 4-5 layers of mitigation or debuffing, that too is frustrating. I understand they gotta make the fights hard and encourage people to whale, but it's like the nightmare fights. They aren't fun because it's not "can you beat this" it's "can you do everything in a certain order to win, otherwise one-shot wipe".

Not really disgruntled, just sharing my thoughts.
I'm afraid of future piercing bosses. They absolutely need a lot of layers of debuff to be defeated. The problem with that is, this shit takes a lot of turns + dedicated BSB/SSB, which fuck your team composition because almost all of the breakers are weak as fuck and can't heal.

Xetherion

20% <Attack> (PHY: 4 hits - 422% Phys Dmg)

You sure? :p

I can drop him down to near the ATK debuff cap and that still hits for 2.5k x 4 through protect.

Bring Orlandeau, have him tauntaliate. Instead of 2.5k x4 to your team, they all miss and Gaffgarion eats 4x counters.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just did my 100gem pulls on both Tactics banners, got 2 5*

1. DUPE - Ovelia staff :-/
2. DUPE - Ramza armor :-/

Man talk about going from hyped to bummed in an instant. Twice. In rapid succession.

That major poison resist accesory helps a ton for the new raid. Last night my Orlandeu was the last man standing near the end of the d200 fight. Thanks to the poison resist plus damage mitigation beforehand from now dead teamates he was able to take the bio hits, bsb, command 2 to stay up, and then finish him off with the OSB. It was an awesome feeling since I thought we would fail.

I have no status resist accesories relevant to this fight (well except one that resists slow) but definitely bring that poison resist if you have it.

*edit* Doesn't one of Cu's abilities have a chance to instant KO? Pretty sure my Mustadio got ko'ed by something like that.

*edit 2* Yeah Ultimate Bioga has a chance to KO you, just a heads up.

Wazzy

Banned
So what's the main strat for Necrophobe? I have Faris Burst, Irvines Supers, Tyro SG, Y'sh for heals and Red XIII Bursts.

Other units I have are Mustadio with Super and Minfillia Burst and Super.

Top Bottom