• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Syntsui

So the mote dungeons are all pointless if you guys already did them? I expected they would be farmable.

I'll have to be extremely careful spending them considering how rare they are. I'm already out of Wisdom ones lol. Alphinaud deserved though.

Falk

that puzzling face
This game focuses heavily on frontloaded 1-time rewards. Probably good for long-term retention since it's low-maintenance after a certain point.

Syntsui

Ifrit has got nothing on Jenova Death and went down on first try. I really expected something more challenging but I understand he is a past meta boss.

I don't know man, I just beat Ifrit and I thought it was pretty damn hard. Took me 6 or 7 tries. What finally ended up working was Gilgamesh with Tauntilate, Celes with Snowspell Strike and Runic, Tyro with wall and Full Break / Magic Breakdown, Lulu with Ice magic and Ice SSB, and Ysh'tola healing. Still wasn't easy and had a few close calls.

I rejoined the game. Been clearing some content(Mastered all the FFX dungeons, cept Torment). Finished all the regular dungeons...2 masteries I gotta re-do.

Quit a couple of different times because the game was giving me shit(had non of the trinity). Came back and started pulling amazingly. Finally have mass regen/haste with Garnet. Pulled Kuja's gloves and both staves. Got Squall's OSB. And some others awesome items. Definitely would have quit again had I not got that stuff. Game was simply impossible to clear without haste/regen/res up.

I've beaten 3 of the 5 motes. Ahriman and Irfit to go. That one with the Red Soul was redic...whacking away out of abilities at the end...but mastered it.

Can't get by 160 on Tactics. No FFT gear nor characters at any decent level. My Kuja at 99 is amazing. He's an ultra red mage, white magic abilities with black magic burst beasting. Also broke Garnet's cap though she's only lvl92.

Dragner

I don't know man, I just beat Ifrit and I thought it was pretty damn hard. Took me 6 or 7 tries. What finally ended up working was Gilgamesh with Tauntilate, Celes with Snowspell Strike and Runic, Tyro with wall and Full Break / Magic Breakdown, Lulu with Ice magic and Ice SSB, and Ysh'tola healing. Still wasn't easy and had a few close calls.

He still has some punch. I beat it the day it came out. No useable BSBs outside of Clouds or Rinoa(made for this fight) and no usable 5* skills outside of full break put it on another tier. Still first tried it because I had THE A TEAM by then(Ramza with Shout, Cloud with BSB, Selphie with her SSB, Bartz with SSB and Shadow with SSB) now all these relics look pathetic in comparison with what we have nowadays. Powercreep man.

Dragner

You just need rw turk bomb to cm magus sisters

I did it without ir or any amazing X synergy. Magus sisters is just easy. Dahaka is also a free CM, just equip whatever and S/L until Dahaka just gets stagger-locked. You can do it even with cores if your RNG is good.

Kain

Managed to beat all the FFT extra battles, CMs and 200 difficulty raid included by myself. It's amazing how I went from almost no sinergy to a full Tactics team with just two pulls.

Yeah, a little bummed that they didn't add any new Mote dungeons this time around. I'm all out of Wisdom 4 stars and desperately need them to help me flesh out a specific character (Alph.)

All mote dungeons completed, used said motes on my favorite characters that I frequently use. I finished getting my onion motes too so hopefully I'll put them to use someday.

I'm already in need of wisdom and dex motes to continue using the other more I have ample stock of.

All mote dungeons completed, used said motes on my favorite characters that I frequently use. I finished getting my onion motes too so hopefully I'll put them to use someday.

I'm already in need of wisdom and dex motes to continue using the other more I have ample stock of.

When OK is 99 and completely dived, he's easily the best character in the game. I'd put some effort in to get him up there.

Ahnez

Yeah, a little bummed that they didn't add any new Mote dungeons this time around. I'm all out of Wisdom 4 stars and desperately need them to help me flesh out a specific character (Alph.)
Ahriman was the last mote dungeon. Even in japan, it comes back only for people who missed them

You can get more 4* motes in raids

Syntsui

Ahriman was the last mote dungeon. Even in japan, it comes back only for people who missed them

You can get more 4* motes in raids
So raids will be the only viable way from now on? This is really bad news, it will take forever to fully dive my main characters x.x

I wish I got all the OK motes I would need when the event was around. Didn't pull OK relics so I kind of let him go by the wayside.

Ahnez

Farming Ahriman for Onion Motes is not fun at all

Stupid rng with petrify

And I need only one...

edit:

It dropped lol

I guess complaining online does work

Rubenov

Do you guys think Agrias' BSB (Excalibur) will be available again in the fiture? I know it won't be on the next banner (but her OSB will).

I have her shields, and TG Cid OSB.... her BSB would nicely round up this wholly dmg team. I'm trying to decide if I should pull again. If I get it, I'd likely chase her OSB as well.

Syntsui

Do you guys think Agrias' BSB (Excalibur) will be available again in the fiture? I know it won't be on the next banner (but her OSB will).

I have her shields, and TG Cid OSB.... her BSB would nicely round up this wholly dmg team. I'm trying to decide if I should pull again. If I get it, I'd likely chase her OSB as well.
There will be a Holy Banner with it, yes.

Man the U++ was hard as fuck. 4 times in a row I got Weigrand down so low you couldn't see his bar, then he just started dropping 9k heals on himself while stopping and interrupting my guys and I couldn't knock off that last bit. So fucking frustrating.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man the U++ was hard as fuck. 4 times in a row I got Weigrand down so low you couldn't see his bar, then he just started dropping 9k heals on himself while stopping and interrupting my guys and I couldn't knock off that last bit. So fucking frustrating.
I'm going to assume that the Cid Raines BSSB breaks this fight. I wonder if they're adding Dark weak bosses now just to screw with people. lol

I'm going to assume that the Cid Raines BSSB breaks this fight. I wonder if they're adding Dark weak bosses now just to screw with people. lol

Nope, it doesn't break the fight. If anything it makes it possible. I actually used Raines for this fight on all my attempts. But there's a couple problems.

1) If you use Lingering Spirit AoE on both your guys to increase your magic, you will AoE down the knight, which will lead to a chocobo spawning which spams AoE cures and haste.

2) If you don't, you'll probably run out of steam when the boss has about 5% HP left, and then the monk starts spamming Chakra and Weigrand gets anywhere from 7k - 15k HP / round in heals. But now that your RW are down, he outheals you.

Don't get me wrong, Raines is how I ultimately won the fight, but it took a lot of S/L attempts. Between interrupts, him OHKOing my guys, hitting with AoE stop, etc he's just annoying as fuck.

Winning party was Krile 99 (RW Raines), Kuja 80 (RW Raines), Seymour 80 (Anima's Pain BSB), Tyro 99 (Mako's Might), Ysh'tola 99.

Make no mistake, if you're planning to use Raines BSB, the boss needs to be dead before your RW BSB wears off. If he has 1 HP left at the end, you're fucked, because he's going to be healing for 9k+ HP / turn and spamming stops and interrupts on you like crazy, and you won't be able to keep up.

If you have Krile or another summoner and going the raines rw route, you should use the ultima weapon summon to finish him off if need be. Chocobo's hp is 80k, It is not difficult to kill him off as you're taking out raines to prevent the healing.

Another honing question... i got enough Major Summon Orbs now to take Bahamut to R3. Or... i could increase Tiamat and Ultima Wpn both to R2? I have the Alphinaud BSB, and also Seymour's EnDark SSB so i could boost both of those.

Finally got around to beating all the mote dungeons. I could probably attempt CM Taejin and maybe Magus Sisters with my relics.

I managed to do both of those CM today, neither were too difficult.

The Magus Sisters, try taking a Reno SSB RW as it makes the fight so much cheese. I took Seymour, Yuna and Lulu in as Full Offensive Magic, Rikku with Multi-Break and Mag-Boost .... and a level 50 Kimari, as i haven't levelled Braska, who's only job was to poison the fat one :)

There isn't really anything to it, just fire it with different mages on consecutive turns after your buffs and debuffs are set up, run the defense command once and then the attack command until dry. Two healers a support and two mages is how I usually use that rw.

WarAdept

If you're going to Raines RW Wiegraf, go ham on buffs (bring Darkness Mages to MM themselves or use a White Mage with Faith) and debuffs, and make sure you bring someone to dispel. Monk casts Chakra which is Auto-Regen on their party which ticks for 9k on Wiegraf.

Rubenov

I beat the U++ by not touching the other guys (except for an Armor break on a knight for a medal condition) and focusing solely on Wiegrand. It becomes a clusterfuck otherwise.

Rubenov

All right, Nightmare dungeons are closing in a couple days and I'd like to get Affliction Break before it goes away.

What's the trick behind Necrophobe???

Mastered all the mote dungeons. Just finished up Ahriman. Blind/Poison FTW.

Vanille 80 Oerba's Boon Firaga/Poison
Celes 80 3x Wind Attack 3star wind strike/Blindga
Kuja 99 Bursting Heals/Blizzaga
Wakka 80 Status Reels Magic BDx10/Full Break x4
Garnet 91 Divine Guardian Heals/Shellga

SG/SSII roaming warrior...not sure which.

Took awhile to beat him as he'd still get petrify through now and then and I'd have to reset. Had Tidus originally in the lineup but took him out for Vanille which made it go a lot easier.

Weak on 3 and 4 star Spirit Motes. But my team just took a big jump thanks to this event. Steiner/Kuja/Squall/Vanille/Tidus have been getting most of my motes.

So much untranslated stuff. Pretty meh update so far. :/
It's a pretty light update because it ends just before our 2nd Anniversary for Global. As far as time frames go, Global is a bit ahead of where Japan was at this same time, so it throws a few things off.

Tidd

It's a pretty light update because it ends just before our 2nd Anniversary for Global. As far as time frames go, Global is a bit ahead of where Japan was at this same time, so it throws a few things off.

At least DeNa increased the ATK softcap.

MiTYH

Sooo anyone have any advice for me? I pulled Orlandeau's OSB, and want that third memory crystal. Currently stuck on the stage before it, the "Trial Without End (Ultimate)". I know I've got the orbs to make skills and units, but I'm really struggling with teambuilding. (This is the hardest thing I've attempted).

My main party is:
Terra (99)- OSB
Onion Knight (99)- OSB. Healer mostly since I'm close but not quite there with motes
Tyro (80)- OSB
Bartz (99)- Hardest hitter I have
Edgar (80)- His chainsaw super slow's everyone, works wonders

I've tried using others like Lightning, Vivi, Faris, Leo, Locke, all at 80, different combos, but no luck. Thoughts? Advice? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Sooo anyone have any advice for me? I pulled Orlandeau's OSB, and want that third memory crystal. Currently stuck on the stage before it, the "Trial Without End (Ultimate)". I know I've got the orbs to make skills and units, but I'm really struggling with teambuilding. (This is the hardest thing I've attempted).

My main party is:
Terra (99)- OSB
Onion Knight (99)- OSB. Healer mostly since I'm close but not quite there with motes
Tyro (80)- OSB
Bartz (99)- Hardest hitter I have
Edgar (80)- His chainsaw super slow's everyone, works wonders

I've tried using others like Lightning, Vivi, Faris, Leo, Locke, all at 80, different combos, but no luck. Thoughts? Advice? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Any SSB/BSBs that attack all? Use Multi Break?

Top Bottom