• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Sooo anyone have any advice for me? I pulled Orlandeau's OSB, and want that third memory crystal. Currently stuck on the stage before it, the "Trial Without End (Ultimate)". I know I've got the orbs to make skills and units, but I'm really struggling with teambuilding. (This is the hardest thing I've attempted).

My main party is:
Terra (99)- OSB
Onion Knight (99)- OSB. Healer mostly since I'm close but not quite there with motes
Tyro (80)- OSB
Bartz (99)- Hardest hitter I have
Edgar (80)- His chainsaw super slow's everyone, works wonders

I've tried using others like Lightning, Vivi, Faris, Leo, Locke, all at 80, different combos, but no luck. Thoughts? Advice? It'd be greatly appreciated!

multibreak for the condition checks,
Resistance breakdance thIng
Summons with terra,
Rw alphinaud bsb using terra to refill your summons
Another bmage with meteor or ruinga.

Or since you have the osb sword, use pencils or minfilias bsb for the aoe damage and then again before it runs out. +holy is powerful.

LucaMac

Bit surprised not to see the new dailies today, they followed soon enough after the IX green dungeon got added. They were added as a daily rather than an event so kind of thought they were just skipping that and giving the updated dailys sooner. Two exp days a week can't come soon enough.

evangd007

Bit surprised not to see the new dailies today, they followed soon enough after the IX green dungeon got added. They were added as a daily rather than an event so kind of thought they were just skipping that and giving the updated dailys sooner. Two exp days a week can't come soon enough.

I didn't know the change was expected to come soon. Should I prioritize finishing all the dailies for the mythril?

LucaMac

I didn't know the change was expected to come soon. Should I prioritize finishing all the dailies for the mythril?

I imagine it's not far off. As soon as I saw maintainence I reckoned that was it. Definitely get that done. Only the 40 staminas of the new ones give out mythril, but there's a lot of new ones, including a greens daily on Thursdays, a summon orb daily and the secomd exp one. Two daily dungeons every day bar Sunday. Only four difficulties. 10, 20, 30 and 40 stamina per stage. 40 staminas guarantee majors from pots like orbfest...in Japan anyway. And normal orbs drop in multiples.

Edit: Mind you, now that I think about it Japan was given a weeks notice during which I cleared up a few outstanding ones myself. Wouldn't rely on that though.

ccbfan

Does multiplayer raids get harder?

Since I switched to

YSho - SSB/BSSB
Minfilia - SSB/BSSB

They've all been super easy.

YSho BSSB needless to say is Godly (but if future Raids continue to sleep you, damage shield might start being a negative, luckily ultra cure lessen the problem)

Minfilia SSB is kinda the hidden gem here. Since most people used BSSBs her ssb doesn't need haste and last stand is amazing in multiplayer.

I imagine it's not far off. As soon as I saw maintainence I reckoned that was it. Definitely get that done. Only the 40 staminas of the new ones give out mythril, but there's a lot of new ones, including a greens daily on Thursdays, a summon orb daily and the secomd exp one. Two daily dungeons every day bar Sunday. Only four difficulties. 10, 20, 30 and 40 stamina per stage. 40 staminas guarantee majors from pots like orbfest...in Japan anyway. And normal orbs drop in multiples.

Edit: Mind you, now that I think about it Japan was given a weeks notice during which I cleared up a few outstanding ones myself. Wouldn't rely on that though.

Man. I need all these new daily's. Summon Orbs, more xp, greens. Woah. Thanks for the info.

Syntsui

XP is indeed a big bottleneck in the game right now. You either have eggs or you are fucked, there is nothing else you can do. Every daily should give as much exp as sundaily. The sundaily itself should be focused on summon orbs.

evangd007

Late pull on FFT banner 2:
4/11 Gaffgarion's Shell, Platinum Sword, Grand Armor, off banner shared break FFX rod

Got shout and a few others. Would have liked a BSB, but I'm satisfied.

friz898

XP is indeed a big bottleneck in the game right now. You either have eggs or you are fucked, there is nothing else you can do. Every daily should give as much exp as sundaily. The sundaily itself should be focused on summon orbs.

That is actually one of the very few things I don't need at all. Every character is leveled to at least 80, and I have 15-20 lvl 99's, pretty much all the MC3's except the first one, and one other, probably it was the second one. But I also have played daily with no breaks since Sep 2015. Also, I'm usually off on Sundays.

Still don't have a single Overstrike though, and I've got I think 3-4 bursts. No wall either.

LucaMac

Man. I need all these new daily's. Summon Orbs, more xp, greens. Woah. Thanks for the info.

No worries. Extra/Dual synergies added too. Every realm has synergy in a daily now. Still waiting impatiently myself. There's been so much content in Japan recently I haven't got around to dailies there in ages. Global/Japan and Exvius is too much really, but can't bring myself to drop any of them.

Edit:

Monday
Fire & Earth - Core & FFII
Gil - FFXI

Tuesday
Black & Power - FFIV & FFVIII
EXP

Wednesday (I clearly overcompensated for time difference in my last post)
Lightning & Wind - FFVI & FFXIV
Gysahl Green - FFIX

Thursday
White & Power - FFIII & FFT
Summon & NE - FFXII

Friday
Holy & Dark - FFV & FFX
Material - FFXIII

Saturday
NE & Ice - FFI & FFVII
Gil - FFXI

Sunday
EXP

Just looked up when it was and it was late October it arrived in Japan. If we are on schedule it could be looking at late March/April for it arriving to global, but I kind of expected it about now seeing as how they moved such things forward in general. The fact that it wasn't part of this maintainence kind of puts it a month away at least in my head though as they aren't that frequent anymore (Unlike weekly maintainence in Exvius)

No worries. Extra/Dual synergies added too. Every realm has synergy in a daily now. Still waiting impatiently myself. There's been so much content in Japan recently I haven't got around to dailies there in ages. Global/Japan and Exvius is too much really, but can't bring myself to drop any of them.

Wait till Opera Omnia hits global. The game is crack at the moment, very impressed with what I've played in the JP version and I cannot put it down, especially since there is no stamina system. I have a feeling a lot of people could shift to it.

Despite my plans I'm pulling once on IV tonight. We'll see. Would be more than satisfied with any top 3 pull.

I just did the survey.

Favorite Character?
Orlandeau (I want his OSB on the banner) :)

5* Abilities would like to obtain?
Bahamut (I already honed it to R3, so I'll shatter this one for summon orbs in case we get it)

OSB
- Tidus
- Terra
- Cloud

BSB
- Vaan
- OK
- Yshtola

SSB
- Celes

It's a shame Raines BSB wasn't there.... :mad:

Tidd

Don't forget to mention things like the missing Bard abilities, Eiko's record sphere, 4* ice summon, more collaboration events and who knows what we didn't get in the past.

ILeK4Fw.png

I'm happy with this. Got an Asura Rod from a 100 gem pull too, my first 5* from a 100 pull.

Wazzy

Banned
Just did the survey.

I selected VIII for all the Relics and favourite characters. I own all of the relics they listed. :]

WarAdept

Reks
Black Magic 4, White Magic 4, Spellblade 5, Combat 5, Knight 3
L80: 5532 HP, 170 ATK, 130 DEF, 136 MAG, 105 RES, 123 MND, 148 SPD
Dagger, Sword, Katana, Spear, Shield, Hat, Helm, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

Default SB: Single-target Cura
RM1: Spellblade DMG+
RM3: Weakness DMG+
RM4: % Attack -> Thundering Twinstrike

Record Dive Bonuses: Spellblade DMG +9%

---

What the shit?

Balphon

That skillset is all over the place.

Black 4 on someone with no rod or staff access and MAG that low is pretty funny, too.

I voted:
OSB - Bartz, Lightning, Terra
BSB - Maria, Ashe, Kain
SSB - Krile, Celes, Rosa

I put Dark Zone as 5* ability and i think Syldra was 4*

Kain

I've been very lucky with my last 100 gem pulls, I just got Golbez' cloak, which is a shit tier SSB but well, it's a SSB for 100 gems... Guess I'm sticking to 100 gem pulls from now on. And at last I have a CM team for IV, let's see if I can pull it off.

Rubenov

I've been very lucky with my last 100 gem pulls, I just got Golbez' cloak, which is a shit tier SSB but well, it's a SSB for 100 gems... Guess I'm sticking to 100 gem pulls from now on. And at last I have a CM team for IV, let's see if I can pull it off.

Well it has a dark boost and infuses dark power.... now if you could get his BSB you chain these (SSB - BSB) and do 80% more damage on your BSB casts!

friz898

100 gem pull was 3 star dupe waste.

For the survey, on the final question I put:

"I quit spending money on this game because I was getting so many 3star duplicates that I have zero use for. Find a way to make these matter again. My suggestion is let us trade in 5 3star relics for a random 4star relic, or 10 3star relics for a random 5star relic."

Is that a good idea? Didn't seem broken when I thought it up on the spot.

Rubenov

100 gem pull was 3 star dupe waste.

For the survey, on the final question I put:

"I quit spending money on this game because I was getting so many 3star duplicates that I have zero use for. Find a way to make these matter again. My suggestion is let us trade in 5 3star relics for a random 4star relic, or 10 3star relics for a random 5star relic."

Is that a good idea? Didn't seem broken when I thought it up on the spot.

I would love this, but I doubt the'd bite on it. If anything, they would do something like 50 x 3*s for 1 random 5*.

I keep getting a system error when I try to fight the boss in the Lodestrone Cavern stage of the latest event, so now I can't progress... :/ This game is filled with so many darn bugs.

Mknzy

So apparently the game wants me to be able to crush any bosses that are weak to holy damage. I already had Warrior of Light and Firion's BSB's, and now I drew Orlandu's OSB. Feeling pretty pumped up about this!

friz898

Speaking of crushing, I know it was only the first part of this event, but it seemed even easier than usual. I loathe deluge fights with opogo or Leviathan because usually that tidal-wave variation hurts. But he went down so very fast, and slow landed first try.

Again, I know I'm talkinga bout an easy fight like it's a U+ but, man that was easy!

Has me hoping the 140/160 fights are pretty easy.
(I rarely ever look in advance)

I did look to see what the next event was. FF1 huh, well I already have the true WoL at 99. I'm not sure who else I would take to 99. I figure either Sarah or Mobius Wol.

I did look to see what the next event was. FF1 huh, well I already have the true WoL at 99. I'm not sure who else I would take to 99. I figure either Sarah or Mobius Wol.

Echo's RM4 is second only to Devotion, and you might even consider it better than Devotion since it doesn't reduce your DEF/RES.

Wazzy

Banned
Anddddddd Affliction break cleared. I didn't really enjoy the fight but at least I mastered it.

I won't bother with the other Nightmare fights until they come around next time. I think I cleared the hardest ones anyway.

Anddddddd Affliction break cleared. I didn't really enjoy the fight but at least I mastered it.

I won't bother with the other Nightmare fights until they come around next time. I think I cleared the hardest ones anyway.
Next time they return they'll be back permanently. :)

Ohhhh that's good to hear then! Is there going to be a bonus for clearing them all? Or is all of them going to lead to a harder fight?
The only bonus so far is a special movie that unlocks, but in the Japanese version you need to have completed them all to progress to a new type of dungeon that's releasing soon.

I just cleared it, right before it closed. I actually enjoyed how different it was. Very High Risk, High Reward style gamble.

I did everything but the final two 1 STA bosses. I'll clear them when the Nightmare portal opens up again for good.

Kenai

I'm curious, how many are playing Waifu Emblem Heroes as well as FFRK?

So far I'm spending more time rerolling on FE than actually playing it. 20+ rerolls and not a single 5*.

On the other hand, it's keeping me from spending Mythril before the XII/Anniversary banners.

Rubenov

Spent all my Major Black Orbs crafting Meteor and honing it to R2.

No regrets.

I feel that as a relatively new player, a lack of orbs is what's holding me back more than anything else. I've gotten decent relics, but my hones and abilities aren't there. Wish there was an orbfest coming soon.

Top Bottom