• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Wazzy

Banned
That Seymour raid is brutal lol would be hilarious to experience though.

I took out a good chunk of elites so currently my completed realm list is: I, VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII, XIV and FFT. I'm just about done IX and XI. The rest(particularly V) is going to be awful since there's so many incomplete.

Also I managed to pull Quistis OSB! No Edea Valkyrie but hopefully it comes back in the future. I think mixing my mythril with a paid pull increased the chance of drop but now I'm back to basically no mythril. Time to start saving for Squall's next blade!

Thorgal

sooo should i actually try to get a rellic for Fujin right now or still wait til next month ?

Just feels that without trying to draw one and currently only one character having a relic (tyro, and that was the one i got for free at the start of the game ) i feel like i am handicaping myself right now.

Kenai

sooo should i actually try to get a rellic for Fujin right now or still wait til next month ?

Just feels that without trying to draw one and currently only one character having a relic (tyro, and that was the one i got for free at the start of the game ) i feel like i am handicaping myself right now.

As a rule of thumb don't ever chase after a specific relic, but if the banner as a whole has a lot of stuff you'd like or a lot of stuff for a character you are particularly fond of, then I'd say go for it so you can build up your team or can use your favorite characters.

If you are new with only one relic you can pull on almost any banner and come out better off. Fujin is a great character, but Seifer's pretty good too and Raijin and Edea aren't really bad either. For a new player either banner would be nice, especially since banner 1 has 2 great BSSBs and 1 solid BSSB, and banner 2 has two Hastegas and Dreamstage.

I will say that the banners next month are likely to be pretty amazing though (anniversary banners usually are) so if you can hold out and get something good there you will likely be more well rounded. Anniversary banners have a ton of choice relics for characters from different realms vs stuff only from FF8 on these.

Wazzy

Banned
The anniversary banner is definitely something to save for but Raijin Pauldron and Fujin BSSB are great relics to start with. Raijin's Last Stand/Major Regen/Get rid of delay is very useful. I think the first banner is one of those things that you can do a pull on and if you don't manage to grab any of the useful relics lay off and focus on the anniversary banners.

evangd007

If you haven't pulled anything yet then I would recommend that you pull something. If you are not pulling specifically because you are saving for the anniversary, that's foolish. The game is giving out a lot of mithril in the buildup to the event, and being so new you still have tons of mithril to collect in realm dungeons.

My recommendations for newbie pulling, in order:
- Lucky banner - it's one-time half price. Almost every half price banner is worth pulling on, and its value goes up the fewer relics you have.
- Tyro's 2 - chance at Platinum Sword, Sentinel Grimoire, and a medica. If you don't get the medica, you can use your choice relic to get a shared medica. The BSBs, while old, are great for newer players who don't have a lot of ability hones.
- FFVIII banners - you presumably have the characters and some of their level break crystals from doing the event, and a number of the relics here are very powerful.

Remember, any relic SB is better than the default SB, and pulling is fun! Unless of course you are a jaded killjoy who wants to reroll endlessly during the anniversary until you get the nut hand of OK, Alph, Raines, and Y'shtola BSB.

Let us know what you get!

Ahnez

Its hard to say for sure, actually. The anniversary banners are excelent, but since you have only the tutorial relic, one Fujin banner1 pull wouldn't be a bad idea. Anything you end up getting will be an objective upgrade.

Well, I don't know how many mythril you have, but I'll explain how the anniversary banners happened in jp, so you can see what is better for you

There are 5 banners from the fest itself, those don't overlap - once one ends, the next one shows up.

There are 3 daily lucky draws. They are one time only, half priced. But only lasts for a single day each.

And then the Ultros Selection Banner. It also lasts for a single day. This one is full priced, but the first 11-pull is free.

The point is, pulling once on every banner costs over 300 mythril, but since you just began, you have a lot of them available for grabs

Thorgal

thanks guys .

decided to try a 11X burst soul break for FF8 characters and got among better 3 star armor and weapons Seifer' s Almasy shear trigger and Raijins staff .

Kenai

thanks guys .

decided to try a 11X burst soul break for FF8 characters and got among better 3 star armor and weapons Seifer' s Almasy shear trigger and Raijins staff .

2 BSSBs? That's really nice, they'll last you a long time. Seifer especially is a good character.

Ahnez

thanks guys .

Holy shit 2 Bursts on a single pull is not something you see every day

Post your current party, its almost certainly possible to fit both Seifer and Raijin, to make full use of your new bursts

Ahnez

before the pull i had :

Tyro
Sarah
Fujin
Cloud
Kain

just right now i changed it to :

Seifer
Sarah
Fujin
Cloud
Raijin

Thats good.

Don't forget you can upgrade your weapons and armor, if you have enough material, try to upgrade both to level 20 - extra stats are always nice to have

Wazzy

Banned
IX elites doneeeee. On to the dreaded V.
thanks guys .

Gratz! Those are two fantastic BSB's to pull. Seifer is a tank and Raijin is fantastic with his lightning damage.

You're good to focus on clearing classics and current events to get characters and crystals.

WarAdept

ok will do .

anuy abilities i should work towards too ?

should i also grind the daily dungeon ? ( the gysahl green one )?

Curaja R4
Protectga R1
Shellga R1
Power Breakdown R3
Magic Breakdown R3
Full Break R2

Those are the barebones abilities you need for the majority of hard content. From there, make high end abilities depending on your characters you are using.

Ignore the daily dungeons except for grabbing the one time mithril from them. Focus on the story dungeons to get your stamina up.

Kenai

Curaja R4
Protectga R1
Shellga R1
Power Breakdown R3
Magic Breakdown R3
Full Break R2

Those are the barebones abilities you need for the majority of hard content. From there, make high end abilities depending on your characters you are using.

Ignore the daily dungeons except for grabbing the one time mithril from them. Focus on the story dungeons to get your stamina up.

Adding to this, Ruinga and Lifesiphon are two abilities you'll probably get good mileage out of.

Tidd

This is just the extra Banner. We still get the Combat Nightmare banner. Not that it's much better considering that it has over 100 relics and a lot of outdated SSBs.

MrDaravon

I have 15/114 on the Combat 2 banner and am actually kind of tempted as most of those 15 are garbage and heavily concentrated in a few realms (I STILL have jack shit in FF10 outside of a medica and a unique Wakka SB after 14 months....), but too close to anniversary for sure and I only have about 100 mythril right now.

The Nightmare Pickup banner is garbage lol. At half off I would maaaaaybe consider it just because I still don't have a single FF7 or FF8 medica but even then that would be dicey.

WarAdept

Saw on Reddit that MVP's got a letter that 2nd Anniversary Orbfest is coming on the 15th of March. Also new CM's for the story mode that will hand out 15 mithril in total (I fully expect the XI story CM to be tweaked so that low level Shantottos can solo super easily).

The schedule should look like this if it's following Japan:

Phase 1 - Black, Dark, Lightning
Phase 2 - Power, Wind, Non-elemental
Phase 3 - White, Holy, Earth
Phase 4 - Summon, Fire, Ice
Phase 5 - Adamantite and Scarletite

...Phase 1 - Black, Dark, Lightning

...Phase 1 - Black, Dark, Lightning

Instant 50 mithril for me. These are the 3 orbs I'm severely lacking and the orbs that'll take the most for the upcoming abilities (I'm swimming in Major NEO). In case anyone is wondering:

Orbs required to hone to R3 (assuming you get the free one from completing the appropriate event stage):

G0tjIWR.png

Wow, I must have done the worst on Omega Drive because it took me a long time to win. I went with Orlandeau 99, Agrias 85, Cyan 80, Gilgamesh 80, and Seifer 80. It was a real pain in the ass for me to time Cyan's magic blink but eventually got it with Seifer being the only casualty.

I still have Valigarmanda to deal with but I'll save that for when I have better summons to use against it.

Damn glad that is over though. Haha

Oh and I hear that Iron Giant has a chance to drop Major Dark Orbs for 20 stamina a pop, might be worth it.

Balphon

More like AoE SSB/BSB check, to handle the second phase.

AoE on the second phase is a terrible idea since it will trigger the orb counters, and you really don't want to kill the green orbs anyway.

So long as you have the damage and/or Last Stand/MBlink abuse necessary to blow up the third phase before it kills you, the fight is pretty simple.

All Nightmares Mastered. Proud to say I did each one the puzzle/gimmick way too.

For this final one I used Master, Bartz, Cyan, Zell, and Selphie. Took a few tries to get the timing right, but after that it was pretty simple. Still no OSB or healer BSB either.

Caim

All Nightmares Mastered. Proud to say I did each one the puzzle/gimmick way too.

For this final one I used Master, Bartz, Cyan, Zell, and Selphie. Took a few tries to get the timing right, but after that it was pretty simple. Still no OSB or healer BSB either.

Congrats!

I've got 4 more left.

Curada, Affliction Break, Dervish, and Omega Drive.
Hmmm, Curada and Affliction Break are probably the most execution heavy Nightmares. I know most people hate Curada's gimmick, which is very unforgiving, but I was into it.

Alternatively, I found Dervish and Omega Drive to be very straight forward, so hopefully they'll be easy to check off your list. (Stun is your best friend for Dervish.)

Good luck!

Rubenov

So far I've seen two OSBs deal 99,999 damage in the Bahamut MP fight: Quistis' Doomtrain and Hope's Retributive Blast. People using it were also using entrust... and the fight was over in about two castings of these.

Interesting these are both magic OSBs... none of the physical OSBs, including TG Cid's, are even close to these damage numbers for that fight.

Curada its so much easier to ignore the gimmick since 9/10 you'll end up getting the gimmick to work in your favor anyway and all the extra counter hits just fill your ssb/bsb/osb which makes nuking even easier.

evangd007

Finished my first nightmare. I did Ultima last night because I wanted an MC2 for Alph. How should I prioritize the nightmare dungeons if I still have a bunch of realm dungeons to complete?

Finished my first nightmare. I did Ultima last night because I wanted an MC2 for Alph. How should I prioritize the nightmare dungeons if I still have a bunch of realm dungeons to complete?
The nightmare dungeons are now permanently open i believe, so no rush to do them. I'd go for Realm Dungeons personally - accumulate as much mythril and stamina for the upcoming Orbfest and Anniversary banners.

Got confident after mastering Omega Drive last night so I took a chance, and I mastered Ultima and Dervish (and I have Crushdown mastered too)!

Now if only all the remaining nightmares didn't require ridiculous hones of skills I'll never use again, lol. Once again, I think I'm just going to wait until after the anniversary. I'll have enough mythril to pull on every banner so I'm bound to get something handy.

I still have a ways to go on the remaining Nightmares, but I can't get Northern Cross for the life of me. The Tonberries are just way too tough for the team I'm supposed to bring and they just wreck my world every time I try it.

Worth mentioning is that Curada was the second NM I did, so I totally understand the gimmick mechanics of these fights. I just have a hard time dealing that much damage. I just need to egg up the useful characters, I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
As one of the original 300-mytrhil-on-orbfest junkies I can't justify refilling on Mythril anymore with where my hones vs gear are at. :|

evangd007

The nightmare dungeons are now permanently open i believe, so no rush to do them. I'd go for Realm Dungeons personally - accumulate as much mythril and stamina for the upcoming Orbfest and Anniversary banners.

That's what I was thinking. I'll dip into them if I need an MC2 for someone, but I should be pretty set for those upcoming. I have two for Tyro and Vaan and most of the rest of the units I want to raise in the near future have MC2s on upcoming events (Larsa, Fang, Vanille, Lightning, Aerith, and Cloud).

Who is a good candidate for MC3 usage? I was considering Aerith (BSB), Alph (BSB), Ramza (Shout/Tailwind), or Vaan (BS).

Nightmare done

Rw shout
Orleandeau osb
Snow with bsb last stand
Eiko bsb
Onion bsb ssb/ssb
Beatriz ssb blink

Took a few attempts but this worked, Beatrix blink was very important. I rolled two green spheres after a bit and just focused on the big guy in end two.

Anyone hone up omega drive? I'm very tempted. Orlandeau with life siphon into his osb followed by three omega drives sounds reallydevaststing.

Top Bottom