• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

That's what I was thinking. I'll dip into them if I need an MC2 for someone, but I should be pretty set for those upcoming. I have two for Tyro and Vaan and most of the rest of the units I want to raise in the near future have MC2s on upcoming events (Larsa, Fang, Vanille, Lightning, Aerith, and Cloud).

Who is a good candidate for MC3 usage? I was considering Aerith (BSB), Alph (BSB), Ramza (Shout/Tailwind), or Vaan (BS).

I would go aerith, since you'll always need a healer and you need to get her stats up. Is that Varanasi bsb or sb? If it's his burst I would take him next, since if you have his burst he will almost always be in your party as a support with crazy dps. .

That's what I was thinking. I'll dip into them if I need an MC2 for someone, but I should be pretty set for those upcoming. I have two for Tyro and Vaan and most of the rest of the units I want to raise in the near future have MC2s on upcoming events (Larsa, Fang, Vanille, Lightning, Aerith, and Cloud).

Who is a good candidate for MC3 usage? I was considering Aerith (BSB), Alph (BSB), Ramza (Shout/Tailwind), or Vaan (BS).

Those all look good.

From a record materia perspective, Luneth is really worth getting to level 99 as that will speed up the levelling of future characters (his lv.99 RM gives a 40% chance to get double XP when equipped, the other +XP record materia is only 20% chance i believe).

Balphon

So far I've seen two OSBs deal 99,999 damage in the Bahamut MP fight: Quistis' Doomtrain and Hope's Retributive Blast. People using it were also using entrust... and the fight was over in about two castings of these.

Interesting these are both magic OSBs... none of the physical OSBs, including TG Cid's, are even close to these damage numbers for that fight.

The damage step-up for magic OSBs is much higher than physical.

Quistis's BSB (Hail to the Queen) is 1500% damage (this is a little higher than normal since it's random target), and her OSB (Doomtrain) is 3960% damage.

A typical physical enspell BSB is going to be around 650% damage on the SB itself and the corresponding OSB will be around 1200% damage.

friz898

Some say Luneth for his RM3. It's the only one that gives you a 'moderate' (40%?) chance for double exp.

I had been putting off the nightmare dungeons for some time. Last round I did up to quadruple foul. About the first half.

Today I took down the tonberry King and the Kaiser dragon. Kaiser wasn't hard for me, at this time. Having native sheep song, depolyment tactics (alphinaud w/5* black gets record synergy) AND the chain-gas really helps with the damage. Still didn't get expert because he never went to water phase. RW was SG, so I could tank first two rounds with spot healing. By the time third round was here I could tactics for extra damage and gunned him down. Ran out of hones on one person, but not terrible.

5 months ago this must have been hell

Did an 11-pull on the Nightmare banner for the heck of it, pulled Refia BSB, Master Monk BSB, and a Garland SSB.

Maybe a little less amazing than it would be otherwise since I already had Refia BSB, but still very happy with it and excited to give Master Monk a try.

Pejo

Do we have a pretty good chance of getting OK's gloves on the Anni banners? I've lucked out with a few mage BSBs and an OSB, but I have no mage boostga, and would rather not run a full team of mages anyways. I'm definitely down for putting some on my team for certain events though.

Anyways, that's probably my most wanted relic at the moment, and as always wouldn't mind more for Locke or Pecil, since I never seem to be able to pull their relics.

I redid Omega Weapon nightmare while streaming earlier and demolished him haha. All the time I spent paid off since he went down again no problem. Not trying to brag or anything its just that two months ago it would have been impossible for me to do that.

Valig still taunts me though.

Syntsui

I won't even bother with Omega Weapon anymore until I can level up Selphie for the magic blink. I just can't keep up with the damage and all my godlike BSBs are elemental -_-

Pejo

Holy shit, finally beat my 3rd ever U+. Biggs and Wedge. There really weren't any problems taking them down with my pure physical team. I also found out about Banishing Strike for the first time tonight, so that immediately went on my healer Cecil for damage + dispel. What's not to love.

I had been collecting orbs forever, and never using them. Got my Full Break from rank 1 to rank 3, banishing strike created and to rank 4. Maxed out Curaja, and tons of other hones/creations. Feels good to have enough orbs to do all sorts of stuff.

Also found out that Zack/Luneth's BSSB's compliment each other really well. Wanted to test it out, so I went into one of the nightmare dungeons and destroyed whatever boss i fought on the 130 difficulty.

My MC3s so far went to Pecil, Tyro, Ramza, who pretty much never leave my "main" party. I had a hard time picking which character to give this latest one to, between Zack, Luneth, Jecht, Warrior of Light, Sephiroth, Tifa, or Thancred, because those are the BSSBs I have. Ultimately I went with Jecht, because he's one of my favorites. Did I make the right decision? Who knows, but if the bosses don't have a particular weakness, or resist dark, I almost always bring him along.

Anyways, just riding a high right now of getting another MC3. Probably not an achievement for most of you guys, but it's huge for me.

By the way, do we have any more ability soul break gauge RM's yet besides battleforged/ace striker? Or "start with a bar of break gauge" like Dr. Mog's teachings/Mako Might? I never know which RM to use on my 5th party member after those 4 have been slotted.

Edit: VIII U++ down thanks to insanely strong Edgar OSB RW (the one I used had nearly 700 atk under RS but there is one out there with 711 atk...still my +20% sword damge RMs meant I couldn't quite two shot Raijin but could still do so to Fujin meaning she couldn't use Metsu). I used Garnet for Hastega, Arc for instant medica w/physical blink (try to hold back until after you've used the OSB), Panelo as dance (used def down and full break) and backup medica (not used), Bartz using Steal power (Seifer then Raijin) and dismissal, Zidaine using Mug bloodlust (R1 used on Seifer and Raijin) and powerchain (to ensure OSBs cast back to back).

Took a few attempts. First one I messed up by having the first OSB cast by using the wrong character which means Raijin took a little longer to go but Seifer basically ended the run doing like 4k with Firaga under full break and divine guardian. It's also not a great problem if Raijin survives the OSB because his forced action is not an attack so you have a bit of time.

By the way, do we have any more ability soul break gauge RM's yet besides battleforged/ace striker? Or "start with a bar of break gauge" like Dr. Mog's teachings/Mako Might? I never know which RM to use on my 5th party member after those 4 have been slotted.
Lionheart (Squall RM3): SB+50% when being hit (i.e. 75 points instead of 50)

There is also Steiner's RM which I don't remember the name of (something like Knights' Charge) which gives +25% to being hit and actions so is a hybrid of Ace Striker and Lionheart. I think it comes off slightly worse off numbers wise.

WarAdept

DeNA loves to shit on Spellbladers lol. Sharpshooter getting it's 3rd 5* and it's basically a Fire variant of Sapphire Shot/Icicle Shot.

And the 5* Sharpshooter skills are always stronger than the Spellblade versions, and are ranged to boot, no matter what weapon you equip. (3.2x for Twinstrikes while Shooters are 3.3x or 3.7x if a ranged weapon is equipped.)

Ruby Spikes 5★ - 2xST ranged Fire physical dmg, higher multiplier with ranged weapon equipped
Flame Burst 4★ - 1xAoE ranged Fire physical dmg, higher multiplier with ranged weapon equipped

Silexx

I won't even bother with Omega Weapon anymore until I can level up Selphie for the magic blink. I just can't keep up with the damage and all my godlike BSBs are elemental -_-

Just an FYI, but if some of those BSBs are elemental + non-elemental, then it won't be resisted by Omega.

Pejo

Lionheart (Squall RM3): SB+50% when being hit (i.e. 75 points instead of 50)

There is also Steiner's RM which I don't remember the name of (something like Knights' Charge) which gives +25% to being hit and actions so is a hybrid of Ace Striker and Lionheart. I think it comes off slightly worse off numbers wise.

Grats on U++! Does Squall's only work when being hit by physical, or does magic count? Either way, these both sound great, because I usually just put "High Scorer" on Pecil, since he's usually healing or dispelling, but at least it's some way to get him some bar when he doesn't have to do either of those things.

If you have Cecil or any paladkn, lionheart plus Gaia cross will mean you're pumping out sbs.

Squall has a realm specific rm drop iirc that you can farm cheaply in this event

I had never heard of Gaia's Cross before this, but that sounds like perfect synergy for fights that I don't need dispel. Now I just need some good Pecil SB's. The only one I have is Saint's Fall.

Thanks to both of you for suggestions.

Is it record speheres u get a dupe of six star abilities when creating? Not all 6 star abilities...right? Just created meltdown and remember reading somewhere about getting double abilities on creation...guess it isnt for meltdown.

Rubenov

The banner coming up in about an hour will feature Fran's Omega-Tier, Penta-break Burst.

Gosh, I can't keep up. I'm currently accepting Mythril donations. Thanks.

Anustart

Can't bring myself to kill the nightmare bosses. I don't want puzzle bosses, just fighting. Hate having to read a guide to do those things. No thanks.

MrDaravon

My 12 RS is pretty solid except for the fact I have no Medica, but can't justify pulling just to try to get a medica this close to anniversary lol.

I think after Anniversary I'm going to have to just really hardcore focus on only pulling for realms I have no Medica in (which is a lot) or am really really weak in. My a-team is good enough where I don't necessarily need to chase specific relics anymore.

Tidd

It's so boring to run Part 1 of every event. ;__;

Fran BSB is supposed to be on Orb Fest anyway, right?

Do you mean the anniversary banners? If yes it doesn't look like hers will be on it. Except DeNA changes the Banners. (which they will do)

Syntsui

It's so boring to run Part 1 of every event. ;__;

Do you mean the anniversary banners? If yes it doesn't look like hers will be on it. Except DeNA changes the Banners. (which they will do)
It will be an orb fest named after the anniversary anyway, won't it? Please don't tell me it's a different kind of event.

The only future proof relic on this banner is Fran's and I've learned my lesson to not chase one relic ever again. I hope it is on one of the fest's banner, but if it isn't, life moves on.

Kenai

Bow will almost definitely be on a future banner, but it probably won't be on the anniversary banners coming out soon. It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe in the holidays during the latter half of the year.

I like Basch a lot but will save my Mythril. Fran's relic is great but I don't like Fran and the fests are too close. My 100 pull being a dupe Gabranth armor was all the warning I needed.

scy

100 gem pull -> Balthier OSB.

...I'm okay with this. I somehow ended up with a relatively good XII between this pull and the Lucky Draw (Vaan OSB, SSB; Ashe BSB). Fran's BSB is tempting but I'll fill out everything else instead.

It will be an orb fest named after the anniversary anyway, won't it? Please don't tell me it's a different kind of event.

The only future proof relic on this banner is Fran's and I've learned my lesson to not chase one relic ever again. I hope it is on one of the fest's banner, but if it isn't, life moves on.

My understanding was the Penelo(?) one that's like a month or so after Anniversary?

Can confirm. I have both Deployment Tactics and his Burst and he's never left my prime team.
How do you use him? I have his SSB and BSB as well but can't figure out the best way to use both since he can't Wrath. If I use Devotion, it takes forever to build his SB gauge, while if I use an SB RM then his damage drops and I can't do 3 hits of Tiamat. I only ever end up using his BSB, mainly as a member of my Mage Team.

colinp

Banned
Does difficulty roughly relate to the recommended level you should be at to tackle the dungeon?

Specifically what level should I be at for Difficulty 35? I'd like to finish the FF8 event and run Lunatic Pandora but I'm not sure I'll be able to gain the levels before it's gone.

Got the Holy Spear BSB for Basch from my 100 gem - first good thing i've got from that since i started playing again :>
I'm excited for the FF12 remaster later this year, it's one of the only Final Fantasy games i never played through. Love all the music and such in the event.

Does difficulty roughly relate to the recommended level you should be at to tackle the dungeon?

Specifically what level should I be at for Difficulty 35? I'd like to finish the FF8 event and run Lunatic Pandora but I'm not sure I'll be able to gain the levels before it's gone.
For most of the event stages, find as high a level RW as you can and it will one-shot most of the bosses before the bonus battles.

colinp

Banned
Got the Holy Spear BSB for Basch from my 100 gem - first good thing i've got from that since i started playing again :>
I'm excited for the FF12 remaster later this year, it's one of the only Final Fantasy games i never played through. Love all the music and such in the event.

For most of the event stages, find as high a level RW as you can and it will one-shot most of the bosses before the bonus battles.

Ah right, thank you!

Caim

Not really, you'll most likely be able to breeze through the beginning of any event for the most part.

I wouldn't really worry until about Difficulty 99+ depending on where your team is at right now.

For the most part RW should be able to do the work for you, and FF8 should be here for at least two more days.

Mastered U++ but that was an annoying fight. I was trying different party compositions, trying to use some of my FF8 characters who aren't quite as developed, but nope, Seifer's first move would just one-shot anyone who wasn't in the 90s. Would have been nice if I could have at least fired off Sentinel Grimoire first to give them a fighting chance.

friz898

My updates:

100 gem pull was 3 star dupe trash. Both 100gem pulls on Nightmare were also 3star gem pull trash.

I had a run of 100gem pulls that was 3 out of 7 was two 5 stars and that 1 WoL Overstrike, but my luck has returned to normal.

I agree the part 1 is so boring, I auto battle it until about Difficulty 90/99, then I actually press buttons. The only good part about it (other than getting characters) is the Mithril.

Also, I have the most mithril I've had in a very long time, 68. Since I use it alot on Sundays and use some on the U+ battles, I generally don't build a large supply. I may drop some real money on the 2nd Anni banner if it's as good as you guys say... I've not dropped big bucks on relics in about 6 months or so.

How do you use him? I have his SSB and BSB as well but can't figure out the best way to use both since he can't Wrath. If I use Devotion, it takes forever to build his SB gauge, while if I use an SB RM then his damage drops and I can't do 3 hits of Tiamat. I only ever end up using his BSB, mainly as a member of my Mage Team.

I usually give him a Mako Might. Depending on the boss, I'll also give him R4 Ruinga or Crushdown and R3 Tiamat. I pop Deployment Tactics right at the beginning of the fight and I usually have some other kind of magic boost from Krile or something similar. The damage given from Crushdown and Tiamat actually gives him a full SB before you use everything.

Pop Burst and use as many of your recharges as you can before it's over, then repeat. Using this method, you can probably kill most everything before needing to use a second Deployment Tactics. Also, depending on the boss, I use Ramza's second Burst ability (Steel) to give SB gauge to either Ysh or to Alph. This can get you there faster, but it isn't necessary. This strat actually puts a bigger strain on your healer than anything else, because bosses move through phases much faster and you typically don't want to put as many reducers on your people, so more is reflected.

Crushdown? Do you mean Meltdown? If so, what do you have it honed to? My standard loadout on him gives me six ability uses before he's bone dry: R3 Bahamut + R3 Tiamat. I usually need to use 5 to get his SB gauge full.

Also, do you get 3 hits from Tiamat? I only get 2 hits unless 3 Faithgas are up (usually Cid RW, Onion BSB, Papalymo Lay Lines).

Crushdown? Do you mean Meltdown? If so, what do you have it honed to? My standard loadout on him gives me six ability uses before he's bone dry: R3 Bahamut + R3 Tiamat. I usually need to use 5 to get his SB gauge full.

Also, do you get 3 hits from Tiamat? I only get 2 hits unless 3 Faithgas are up (usually Cid RW, Onion BSB, Papalymo Lay Lines).

Yeah, Meltdown. My bad. I just have it at R1, but with recharges, that's usually enough. I can get Tiamat hits with a similar setup (Deployment Tactics, Sheepsong, Cid RW) but I'm trying to get more MAG through equipment at the moment. I'm hoping I can do 2 native soon and 3 with my non-RW SBs.

Do you have your Alph dived yet?

Yeah, Meltdown. My bad. I just have it at R1, but with recharges, that's usually enough. I can get Tiamat hits with a similar setup (Deployment Tactics, Sheepsong, Cid RW) but I'm trying to get more MAG through equipment at the moment. I'm hoping I can do 2 native soon and 3 with my non-RW SBs.

Do you have your Alph dived yet?

Yup! I've fully dived and 99'd Alph, Onion and Luneth so far (have BSBs for all of them).

I think I'll stick with my current Mage Team where Alph just uses his BSB and Onion BSB handles the MAG/ATK buff (sacrificing reflect damage for stronger DPS), but I'll adapt your advice to create a Wind Team of SSB+BSB Alph w/ MM/DMT, BSB Luneth, BSB Zack, Tyro w/ MM/DMT and BSB Vanille.

Pejo

Luneth, particularly if you have his BSB, is such an absurdly good character that it doesn't seem fair. I have him at level 99 and he is just crazy.

I have Alph's BSB too but I haven't really played with him much.

At first I was questioning what makes him so good, then I looked at his mote unlocks. Holy shit.

And I just used my last MC3 a few days ago on Jecht. Bleh.

Hope I can beat the FFXII U+ and get another MC3.

Yup! I've fully dived and 99'd Alph, Onion and Luneth so far (have BSBs for all of them).

I think I'll stick with my current Mage Team where Alph just uses his BSB and Onion BSB handles the MAG/ATK buff (sacrificing reflect damage for stronger DPS), but I'll adapt your advice to create a Wind Team of SSB+BSB Alph w/ MM/DMT, BSB Luneth, BSB Zack, Tyro w/ MM/DMT and BSB Vanille.

About this: If you manage to get Fang's BSB, it gives Endanger: Wind, so that can up the damage even more, too.

Top Bottom