• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I am, and it'd be the XL, I love phablets.

Your reply however is perfect. I have the force rendering on my Nexus 6 turned on, and I even turned on "simplified display" on FFRK because of the pausing. My tablet never did that. I'm unsure how it runs on an iOS device, but i'm pretty Android loyal.

It ran so damn smooth on the tablet, that I'd only ever play FFRK on my phone if it was something mindless like a daily and everybody was just on autoattack and I wasn't watching.

With my tablet, you press something like inventory or to load up your 3 rounds for a fight and that transition from pick your RW to the boards was nearly instant.

Again, thank you for the review. It leads me to believe their isn't an Android phone that it runs on without pause/freezing sporadically. My wife saw it and she's no gamer, but she was like "is your phone broke?, why does it do that?"

Happy to help! Another alternative is running the game on an Android emulator on your PC. Since the game syncs when signing in to your Google account you will have all your characters and gear ready to go. It runs very well this way and I don't have a beefy pc.

I also play on my iPad and it runs flawlessly. I think it's the same on iPhones but I never owned one.

friz898

Happy to help! Another alternative is running the game on an Android emulator on your PC. Since the game syncs when signing in to your Google account you will have all your characters and gear ready to go. It runs very well this way and I don't have a beefy pc.

I also play on my iPad and it runs flawlessly. I think it's the same on iPhones but I never owned one.

I own Bluestacks Premium for the last year. I play EvilBane from Netmarble every day on it.

With FFRK, it plays great at first (although weird since portrait not landscape) but a memory leak or something and after a few battles it moves in slow-motion.

I haven't tried it with Nox or Andy.

Currently the speaker on my Nexus 6 blew out (sounds as bad as when car speakers blow) so that coupled with slow performance on my two android games pushes me to get a new device. It seemed silly to buy another tablet when I could just get a beefy phone.

I'd love a new iPad, but goodness, it's hard looking at the Wife explaining that a $600+ ipad is a necessity.

I own Bluestacks Premium for the last year. I play EvilBane from Netmarble every day on it.

With FFRK, it plays great at first (although weird since portrait not landscape) but a memory leak or something and after a few battles it moves in slow-motion.

I haven't tried it with Nox or Andy.

Currently the speaker on my Nexus 6 blew out (sounds as bad as when car speakers blow) so that coupled with slow performance on my two android games pushes me to get a new device. It seemed silly to buy another tablet when I could just get a beefy phone.

I'd love a new iPad, but goodness, it's hard looking at the Wife explaining that a $600+ ipad is a necessity.

I primarily use Bluestacks and I guess a memory leak is the cause of the sudden slowdown? I have to tab in and out of RK to get it running stable again. I use Nox for my JP account and havent had any real problems with it so far though I rarely play it too.

And yeah, i hear you about the iPad. It's not something you can just buy like a bluray or something. Whatever device you buy i hope you are happy with it.

I play on my phone 99% of the time. However, I have MEmu setup on my PC due to FFBE. When I play FFRK on it I have little to no issues, so maybe give that one a shot.

Sidenote: Are all Mage BSBs and Commands non-reflectable? I just faced Marilith from the new FF9 dungeons and didn't have any bounce back at me.

Rubenov

When you're so salty about going dupe Mustadio gun/11 on the lucky draw and rage pull the next day...

3LPPomSl.jpg

Edited for the receipt

friz898

I primarily use Bluestacks and I guess a memory leak is the cause of the sudden slowdown? I have to tab in and out of RK to get it running stable again. I use Nox for my JP account and havent had any real problems with it so far though I rarely play it too.

And yeah, i hear you about the iPad. It's not something you can just buy like a bluray or something. Whatever device you buy i hope you are happy with it.

Thanks for the kind words.

I like Nox for Evilbane, seems just as good as Bluestacks. I just started using it to get around the one account per phone/game/bluestacks, whatever stuff. Andy is doing it's job but it is much much slower with Evilbane. Lots of loading swirls on trivial stuff.

So I'll have to try FFRK on Nox.

Also, to the poster right after him, I'll try that one too. MEemu you said? I'll find it. Thanks for the tip!

MrDaravon

Are Dash and Slash, Rapid Fire, Smoldering Fire and Raging Storm worth honing?

Also assuming we are getting a free Bahamut, is there any sort of edge case or potential use in keeping the free one and honing it to r3 if I already have one at r3? Just want to make sure before I shatter it, I'm trying to think if there's anything we know of coming up where I would need 4 Summoners with crazy shit or something but I'm drawing a blank, especially with having 2 Summoner BSBs.

man, I usually have a much better idea of what orbs I'm targeting during festivals. this one, not so much.

Goals:

Chain Thundaga r2-r3

then what?
dash/slash, smoldering fire, raging storm r1-r3?
rapid fire?
titan is r1? I guess go for summoning and then do that or r4 one of the others instead if I change my mind
meteor crush/fires within?

what are upcoming interesting abilities, I haven't paid attention at all

I think I'll just hammer 1, 2, and 4 to max everyone and see where I stand. Sitting on >100 power, white, fire, earth, and wind. black lightning and summon are my only ones I have below 60 on hand... hmmm

My goals for orbfest.

Chain Blizzaga: R2 -> R3
Chain Thundaga: R0 -> R2
Ultra Cure: R2 -> R3
Bahamut: R1 -> R3
Ultima Weapon: R1 -> R2
Tiamat: R2 -> R3
Saint Cross: R2 -> R3
Gaia Cross: R1 -> R3
Tornado Strike: R0 -> R2
Thundering Twinstrike: R2 -> R3
Blazing Twinstrike: R1 -> R2
Powerchain: R2 -> R3
Raging Strike: R2 -> R3
Smoldering Fire: R0 -> R2

Edit: I also have Meteor Crush R2, I never use it though and am thinking about shattering it.

Caim

Also assuming we are getting a free Bahamut, is there any sort of edge case or potential use in keeping the free one and honing it to r3 if I already have one at r3? Just want to make sure before I shatter it, I'm trying to think if there's anything we know of coming up where I would need 4 Summoners with crazy shit or something but I'm drawing a blank, especially with having 2 Summoner BSBs.

Dash and Slash could be useful at like R2-3 if you have Zidane's Imperil wind BSB.

Rapid Fire isn't bad at all, it has random targeting with a 3.5x multiplier, but Tempest Snipe is a 6-hit ranged attack (from the next FFT event) that can be boosted by lightning and doesn't have random target.

I don't know much about Ninja abilities, but there is a lot of Fire+ gear out there so you could get some mileage out of it if you plan on using any 5* ninja characters.

WarAdept

Just want to keep in everyone's mind, the updated dailies will be implemented a bit after 2nd anniversary, so it might not be worth refreshing as hard on Orbfests anymore.

Dash and Slash
Great skill, easily boostable (Wind Knife, Air Knives, Dorgaan's Blade, Cid's Goggles, Bartz's Cloak off the top of my head) and the multiplier is higher than Saints Cross/Thief's Revenge with a dagger equipped (Wind Knife/Air Knives are basically the poster children for this skill, being daggers AND having +20% wind damage).

Works well with the multitude of Dragoons/Thieves around and their Imperil Wind.

Rapid Fire
Good ability for Machinists with zero issue about any damage capping. Finally lets you bring a Machinist for DPS if you're so inclined. Keep in mind that Machinists get the "Dragoon treatment" where RF is a Non-Ele attack, but they get Tempest Snipe down the line which is Lightning element (and therefor boostable by gear/imperils/enLightning).

Will be better down the line once bosses start to get omni-resists.

Smouldering Fire/Raging Storm
Excellent skills and somewhat futureproof due to their Res Piercing nature. Hone if you can/like magic Ninjas.

what are upcoming interesting abilities, I haven't paid attention at all

Poison Leaves (Thief)
Two single attacks (1,65 each), 1,85 multiplier when equipping a dagger. Poison Element. (Basically the same as Dash and Slash, but Poison element. Built for Leila).

Dire Heal (Darkness)
Two single attacks (5,20 each), heals the user for 20% of the damage dealt. Dark damage. Super Drainga, good skill.

Sudden Freeze/Sudden Thunder (Witch)
Two single attacks (Ice/Thunder respectively, 2,60 each), grants Quick Magical Attacks 1 to the user. Only used for the upcoming "Limit Chain Soul Breaks". Hard skip unless you have them.

Guard Bringer (Knight)
2/3/4 single attacks (1,00 each) at 798/2736 DEF. Needs Wall and some serious Def stacking to be effective.

Tempest Snipe (Machinist)
Six single ranged attacks (0,57 each). Lightning element. Excellent skill, let's Machinists be pure DPS with TS and RF. Built for Laguna's BSB.

Chain Waterga (Black Magic)
Two single attacks (5,90 each). Water element. It's a Chain spell, so it's automatically good.

Soul Barrage/Necrofear (Darkness)
3/4/5 single attacks (0.88 each for Soul Barrage (physical), 3,00 each for Necrofear (magical)) if the user's Doom timer is below 20/5. Dark damage. Absolute trash. Skip.

Icicle Shot (Sharpshooter)
Two single ranged attacks (1,65 each), 1,85 multiplier when equipping a ranged weapon. Ice element. Great skill, higher damage than the spellblades when with a ranged weapon and can backrow to boot! Built to combo with Fran's USB.

Flame Burst (Sharpshooter)
Two single ranged attacks (1,65 each), 1,85 multiplier when equipping a ranged weapon. Fire element. Same as Icicle Shot, but fire element.

scy

I'm basically going to blind farm; initial Chain goals may be mostly based on what my draws are. Though, I'm tempted for Chain Thundaga since I have Ashe BSB or stick with Raging Storm since Fujin Dagger+Jacket. Otherwise stockpile for when I have a clue. Probably no real Mythril refreshes in my future.

Mostly going to use the time to level some dudes to make sure I can do all the Record Missions.

Syntsui

Yeah, no point in planning anything considering the revised dailies come rigth after. We will be on an eternal grind from then on.

I'm mostly going to refresh for gil and exp. Once I get capped on levels then I'll stop and wait for the new dailies.

Talking about daily changes, how will they step it up on future orb fests? Guaranteed crystal drops?

Still no crystals at all. But IIUC it's guaranteed Major drop from the pots. Someone said that on a single bar of stamina (capped at 180) you almost always get 2-4 Major Orbs. So that works out to about 60 stamina / Major Orb, which is far better than any of the orbfests or dailies so far.

MrDaravon

Awesome, thanks for the detailed response! I finally just knocked out most of my to-hone list list by honing all three twinstrikes, Tiamat, Meteor Crush and Fires Within to r3. Only top priority I couldn't knock out was Lightning Dive to r3 just because I'm waaaaay behind on Lightning Orbs compared to everything else for some reason.

Rapid Fire seems kinda meh/low priority for me now but I'll put that on the backburner for later. I do have Air Knives (although nothing else for Thancred) so I'll probably work on Dash and Slash as well as Smoldering Fire/Raging Storm just for further utility as well as since I honestly kinda have just about everything else that's useful at r3 anyway. I don't have any real baller Ninja stuff though but maybe that will change in the next two weeks!

Doing math on what I have now plus upcoming skills to see where I should focus for orbfest (most of the upcoming abilities are pretty solid and going on the list). Like you said the new Dailies are going to be way better so I doubt I'm going to do any refreshing this orbfest unless everything I need bad is on the same phase or if it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to finish my leveling before it's over (I'm about 8 characters behind on getting from 80 to 99) but that's also less important with us getting two EXP dailies.

I never plan out orbfests. I need all the orbs basically so it doesn't matter.

Sure, I mostly plan out though so that way I know what I'm good/relatively good on so I know what my "free" days are during the week that I can run events etc on. That's probably going to be less critical moving forward though with better drops on the new dailies though. Also it's nice to have goals!

Edit: Now that it's out I can see what orbs are on what phases (I couldn't find it at all on reddit for some reason). Dark and Lightning orbs are by faaaaaaaaaar the orbs I need the worst, including all upcoming abilities I need like 200 more of each so if I'm going to do any refreshes it'll be on this phase but I'll see what my leveling looks like first. I might do a handful of refreshes but nothing major with the new dailies coming. I'm either good or close enough on phase 2 and 3, phase 4 I need all 3 but not quite as bad as phase 1 so we'll see I guess. More concerned about getting my backlog of characters to 99 more than anything here.

Oh fuck forgot the FF2 event starts tomorrow lol. Well that can wait until the next orbfest phase for me at least.

Rubenov

Do you guys know if we're getting an MC3 for Cloud, given he won the player's character survey?

I want to use an MC3 on him but want to make sure we aren't getting it for free.

Caim

Syntsui

I know but people keep saying they will be better than this orbfest, but 3 majors in 90 stamina (which I just got on my first orbfest run) is pretty nuts

I think you were lucky, but I don't usually do the normal dailies to know for sure if this rate is common..

MrDaravon

Are you guys sure new dailies are better? I got 3 majors on my first 90 stamina

Probably not the best link but I'm about to crash and it's the first one I could find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5x2onn/daily_dungeons_will_be_revamped_very_soon/

Also RNG is always going to RNG. I had fantastic luck the first two or three orbfest (without digging up my posts I probably did 250-300 refreshes across all of them) but the last orbfest I got jack fucking shit and spent multiple stamina bars without a major drop etc.

Depending on your situation and how badly you need orbs I wouldn't necessarily argue against refreshing here just because of the new Dailies, but it's something to keep in mind before getting too crazy.

JP getting a Magicite system

The game is starting to get a bit more complex now.
Is this a good thing ?
I'm not far enough in endgame to judge if it lacks content and features.

Just by reading comments, feels like game is getting more bloated than it should be.

WarAdept

SO I have two OSB, combine or leave them separate? I think I have enough weapon synergy.

Depends on what type of weapon it is. Usually it's best to not combine native 6* weapons because they give nutbar stats, but if it's something rare or silly like a book/mage bow or something, go right ahead.

Caim

Is this a good thing ?

Just by reading comments, feels like game is getting more bloated than it should be.

I'm not sure, the next thing we should be getting in Global is Legend Materia/Spheres and then Magicite comes afterwards.

I'm going to try to record my runs and see if I can get a good idea of how good this orbfest is. So far I've logged 5 2/3 full clears and I've gotten 11.09 major orbs. If you do the math that's 30.66 Stamina / Major Orb. There's no way in hell the next set of dailies is better than that. So yea, idk, but I'm spamming the shit out of this.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is this a good thing ?

It feels like at some point there needs to be a paring down of unneeded systems while going deeper on critical ones.

FFRK is littered with a ton of FOTM features that don't really go anywhere.

It feels like at some point there needs to be a paring down of unneeded systems while going deeper on critical ones.

FFRK is littered with a ton of FOTM features that don't really go anywhere.

That seems like the standard procedure with these type of games. Easiest way to introduce power creep is to just make all the old shit obsolete

Falk

that puzzling face
We will be on an eternal grind from then on.

we always say this

then after 2 weeks stamina sits at full like 3/4 of the time until you need that one more hone to beat a CM and are short like 20 major orbs

That seems like the standard procedure with these type of games. Easiest way to introduce power creep is to just make all the old shit obsolete

FFRK is very much targeted at a more casual crowd with its frontloaded vs grinding reward ratio. The casual crowd also vastly prefers shinies. FFRK is very much structured around obsoleting old content in a way that's often tangential to previous power creep, which is somewhat more unique in the overall gacha space.

edit: The most on-the-nose example I can think of was when Bursts were introduced and short circuited a good amount (not all, obviously) of the 4 and 5* ability grind requirements depending on what you pulled.

Syntsui

Honestly this is more agravating here than in Brave Exvius, for instance. The only other gacha I play besides these two is Fire Emblem, which is way too new to judge, but for now has several ''non-5*'' characters that are extremely useful and sometimes even a must depending on the situation. Here all 3-4* are garbage from the go and a big amount of the 5* have a short expiry date x.x

At least the rates are now balanced to reflect that. It's easier than most games to get a 5*, but that 5* most of the time is not that game changing/future-proof as they usually are in other gachas.

MrDaravon

I'm going to try to record my runs and see if I can get a good idea of how good this orbfest is. So far I've logged 5 2/3 full clears and I've gotten 11.09 major orbs. If you do the math that's 30.66 Stamina / Major Orb. There's no way in hell the next set of dailies is better than that. So yea, idk, but I'm spamming the shit out of this.

You're just getting really lucky right now I think, I still have yet to get a single major drop lol

friz898

After all my big hype pre-event. All I did last night was finish the dungeon update (Tiamat was pretty challenging for a realm dungeon) and do all the orbfests a single time each. I don't recall if I got any majors last night.

I think cpp I'm going to just blow my load on Power Orb and Summon Orb days. I could use a few of the others, but it's the first two that I never seem to have enough of. Also I still have around 70 Major Earth, Black, and Wind Orbs from the last event in Dec/Jan.

Edit: Oh and of course the money goal for me (and you too!) is 25 Billion gil.

Shadow780

When does half stamina for Realms dungeon end? Thinking of clearing those out at the end of Spring Orbfest since I have no need for upgrade materials.

Pejo

Gold Member
Whoah, hold up a second. What the heck is the deal with OK. I just got his gauntlets on the lucky draw, so I egged him and broke his cap to 80. Why does he have 1100 HP? Is there some joke at play here?

Caim

Anustart

Whoah, hold up a second. What the heck is the deal with OK. I just got his gauntlets on the lucky draw, so I egged him and broke his cap to 80. Why does he have 1100 HP? Is there some joke at play here?

His stats don't get good til like level 92.

Pejo

Gold Member
His stats are terrible up until about 92.

6800 HP, 205 attack, 211 magic, 203 mind, 130 def/res, 175 speed at level 99.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5epjn3/peeling_the_onion_knight/

You also pretty much have to do his record sphere.

His stats don't get good til like level 92.

Thanks guys.

Wow, this looks like a ton of work to max out OK. I was not prepared. If i'm reading that article correctly, i can't even unlock his mote boards until the next FF3 event. What a bummer.

Thanks guys.

Wow, this looks like a ton of work to max out OK. I was not prepared. If i'm reading that article correctly, i can't even unlock his mote boards until the next FF3 event. What a bummer.

Yeah, unless you cleared a ton of content when he first dropped, you're going to have a hard time Diving him.

Also, the new Magicite system sounds great. I know it's going to be a while before we get it, but I'm anxious to see what happens there.

scy

Isn't the next III event at the start of April for us? Not too bad of a wait, especially if you get OK BSB off the Ultros banner.

Top Bottom