• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

FFMafia

Man I pulled on the realm lucky draw 1/11 and it was ovelia rod ssb... which I already had two of...not too many other ways it could have been worse lol

I was so disappointed started looking for something to pull on to make up for. Found out Raines bsb is supposedly god tier. Pulled second banner, 2/11. First one... his ssb... in like okay... second was his bsb! Man I needed that picker upper.

ydM0K

Rubenov

at what point should i be ready to try out raids ?

You can do the 80 and 120 difficulty raids if your best characters are around lvl 50.

I'd wait till over 70 and with some good SBs for the 200 ones. Not because you can't do them at a lower level, but because people will often kick you out of the lobbies.

Caim

I don't have the game up in front of me but aren't the Record Missions only up for two days? Or is it just that they're adding new ones every two days but they stay up for the duration?

They add on to them, I haven't done any yet and they have missions up to FFVIII now.

evangd007

Apoc Cid raid down. I thought the 3 healer team I was on wouldn't be able to beat the Doom clock, but the raid leader's Serah was a monster and Vincent's radiant shield did work.

I have 450 mithril and am itching to pull something.
FFXIII banner 1 - pro: waifus, solid relics up and down; con: I already have Fang's and Lightning's SSB, and I don't know if my phone could survive dupe/11
FFXIII banner 2 - pro: Raines Meta Claw, Vanille USB, no dupes; con: everything else is just OK
FFII banner 1 - pro: no synergy here yet, no future FFII event on tap; con: nothing here is fantastic, no emotional connection to FFII
wait for anniversary - pro: should be good; con - I have more than enough mithral even if I make a couple of pulls, Ultros banner doesn't inspire confidence

Beat, not mastered cuz I didnt try for that with no full break in party, XIII final dungeon. My team is on a roll. Thanks for lightning and summoning crystals.

Kuja 99 burst dark, protect, second heals
Terra 99 fire beam, mental breakdown, chain bio
Serah 91 Endless Blessings, meltdown, blizzaga
Snow 99 burst last stand, lifesiphon, banishing
Vanille 80 Oerba's boon, shell, ultra cure

5 seconds left on clock. Not gonna bother for mastery.

Rubenov

Apoc Cid raid down. I thought the 3 healer team I was on wouldn't be able to beat the Doom clock, but the raid leader's Serah was a monster and Vincent's radiant shield did work.

I have 450 mithril and am itching to pull something.
FFXIII banner 1 - pro: waifus, solid relics up and down; con: I already have Fang's and Lightning's SSB, and I don't know if my phone could survive dupe/11
FFXIII banner 2 - pro: Raines Meta Claw, Vanille USB, no dupes; con: everything else is just OK
FFII banner 1 - pro: no synergy here yet, no future FFII event on tap; con: nothing here is fantastic, no emotional connection to FFII
wait for anniversary - pro: should be good; con - I have more than enough mithral even if I make a couple of pulls, Ultros banner doesn't inspire confidence

You could do a FFII Banner 2 pull tomorrow. Better relics than in the current banner; FFII has the Torment dungeon out, and you could always try the FFII Mote Dungeon Cid mission if you haven't done so yet.

So wrapped up FFXIII event. U+ was a breeze but 3 bursts in XIII and some nice support SSBs so it is expected. U++ I finally got to unleash the onion knight burst I pulled recently. OK, Cid RW and Selphie burst mag buffs all stack so OK and Cid using RW absolutely wrecked the floor; it was over before the doom timer hit 35s and Hecatoncheir did absolutely nothing (pretty close as first run I had more paralyze happen and had to S/L after Hecatoncheir combo). I'd have gotten no medal loss but decided to use the prayer for home command and it turned out I really needed the damage from moonstone instead so I wound up losing one KO medal.

So then there was the multiplayer. Pre-maintenance I used Minfilla and Vanille tried to play heal and support (beat U+, failed apoc twice) but maintenance reminded me what a pumpkin was so instead I decided to try Luneth/Zidaine wind combo. Firstly I accidentally did U+ wasting 20 stamina; Luneth got put to sleep despite major resistance accessory (something like 3% chance is the floor...what is this Fire Emblem: Thracia 776?) and I carried Sephiroph (double cut and retaliate; black meteria SB) and back row Orlandau (his OSB did 9k damage on one occasion).

The apocolypse fight was much smoother though as I had Gilgamesh/Ramza, Firion/Eiko, ???/Y'shtola on my side. Firion had burst and we dodged Seraphic Ray. With my Luneth under en-wind and one Imperil Wind layer on the boss I did nearly 80k damage with the Swordshower SSB which got cheers (the def buff helped too).

at what point should i be ready to try out raids ?
The current 80 and 120 difficulty raids being multi-target basically end on turn before everyone event gets a change to unload their AoE SBs all over them. Since it is orbfest if you start a party with a carry please tag you'll probably get filled. What I mean is people don't want to spend the stamina as they would rather spend it elsewhere :)

It was certainly like that for the Cimheras. No open parties so I made one for the 120 difficulty and it filled in less than a minute.

Is it safe to do the record missions during phase 5 of orbfest?
You've got until 9th April to do them and orbfest ends on 4th April.

Sounds like the halved stamina costs also last until that deadline.

You put the Thunder God in the back row? :(
I meant myself (Zidane/Luneth) and the other two players (Snow/Vanille, Ramza/Tyro) carried that deadweight player who did that. The Sephiroph didn't even wake my Luneth or Snow (I used the help stamp but I had to rely on the boss to wake me and used the thanks stamp then) as both were doing a lot more than double cut.

It was rough in the weak phase as a result of that player. Put it like this, we saw a second Seraphic Ray but had Keeper's tome to blink it out. Though considering I was not meant to be playing on that difficulty I might have preferred the loss and saving the 20 stamina. I guess I should have force closed the app upon boss death.

Deadly

Decided to do the Elite dungeons since they usually cost alot of stamina but daaamn it's taking me ages to actually use up all of it.

MrDaravon

My phone was fully charged when I started trying the Apoc fight this morning and it's about to die and I still haven't been able to do it. The only reason I didn't give up 2 hours ago is that Wisdom motes are the single roadblock preventing me from full diving 3/5ths of my A-Team. I'm seriously so pissed off, the pugs are way worse than usual for this Raid and seeing lots of similar comments on Reddit so I know I'm not crazy. People either don't understand you need to buff, debuff him, dispel his Protect/Shellga OR they do but we can't DPS him before Doom kills us. This isn't even the hardest Apoc Raid but the relatively simple mechanics seem to be going over the heads of most folks. I'm so fucking mad that i'm wasting like half of my day off on this :/

Edit: Bitching on GAF works yet again! Jesus Christ that was a morning of my life I'll never get back

This isn't even the hardest Apoc Raid but the relatively simple mechanics seem to be going over the heads of most folks.
Doing some LFG in the Reddit Discord has helped me complete every single multiplayer Apoc on the first run.
Only problem is that it can take up to ~20 min to form up and prep skills, so you need the patience there.

friz898

Dammit, I thought it said "Luneth the Dragoon", not "Luneth, the Dragoon". They should have left out "the"

Ya I had re-read mine like 3 times because it seemed so "off".

Was dumb having required chars withoout Synergy anyway (not like it was hard, just saying).

MrDaravon

We need like 100 4* Vitality Motes to make up for all the ones they should've given us by now.

Assuming we get all of the rewards here we will be 20 Vit Motes behind JP but 20 ahead on all of the others (at the same point in this timeline).

Missing out on Collab stuff is a problem though and might wind up putting is in a different, deeper hole later. It's still baffling to me why they don't just dump collab items in global as freebies or to buy with Greens or something though.

scy

Was approaching 400 Mythril and talked myself into a XIII pull before the banner went away.

kiicKfQm.jpg

This went better than expected.

Ya I had re-read mine like 3 times because it seemed so "off".

Was dumb having required chars withoout Synergy anyway (not like it was hard, just saying).

For what it's worth, it's a nice throwback to the original FF3 Garuda fight where you sent 4 Dragoons to Jump spam.

evangd007

Was approaching 400 Mythril and talked myself into a XIII pull before the banner went away.

kiicKfQm.jpg

This went better than expected.

I have 450 mithril. You've inspired me.

1/11 - Howling Soul

Oh well, that'll show me to pull on something other than Lucky Banners. At least it's a sword for synergy.

scy

Nice. Same thing happened to me at like 300 myth pulled yesterday morning got the claw and his ssb.

I argued against myself a few days before and figured why not / was in the mood. Figured as long as I didn't get like ... just Snow's SSB, I was probably okay with it.

I consider this my payback for the 3x Fang SSB.

I have 450 mithril. You've inspired me.

1/11 - Howling Soul

Oh well, that'll show me to pull on something other than Lucky Banners. At least it's a sword for synergy.

D:

evangd007

I argued against myself a few days before and figured why not / was in the mood. Figured as long as I didn't get like ... just Snow's SSB, I was probably okay with it.

I consider this my payback for the 3x Fang SSB.

D:

If it makes you feel better, 1/11 sword is a much better result for me than 3/11 dupe armors due to my awful weapon synergy in 13.

Alright I'm officially done with phase 1. Accomplishments:

1. Shantotto, Celes, Agrias, Onion Knight, Yuna -> 99
2. 15~20 other characters to 65 or 80
3. Chain Thundaga R0-> R3
4. Tornado Strike R0 -> R2
5. Chain Firaga R2 -> R3
6. Thundering Twinstrike R1 -> R2

Have 0 black, 42 lightning, and 124 dark orbs left over.

For phase 2 I'm going to focus on getting as many 5* spellstrikes to R3 as possible

Is the Cid Raines raid over now or in an hour? Last few groups failed and my battery just died. Wondering if I've got time to charge it for half an hour and give it another attempt.

Anustart

If I was itching to pull, what's better to pull on, one of the soon to be gone 13 banners where my synergy is good enough to cm, the ff2 banner that's up or the one that's about to show up if I have 0 synergy in ff2

Rubenov

Alright I'm officially done with phase 1. Accomplishments:

1. Shantotto, Celes, Agrias, Onion Knight, Yuna -> 99
2. 15~20 other characters to 65 or 80
3. Chain Thundaga R0-> R3
4. Tornado Strike R0 -> R2
5. Chain Firaga R2 -> R3
6. Thundering Twinstrike R1 -> R2

Have 0 black, 42 lightning, and 124 dark orbs left over.

For phase 2 I'm going to focus on getting as many 5* spellstrikes to R3 as possible

I've been loving that Tornado Strike. Next goal for me is to get it to R3. Cloud wrecks with it in a wind-imperil / wind-based team.

Anustart

Went ahead and did an 11 pull on the new banner.

2 rainbows, first one flame shield, second, Maria's burst.

Happy with the results.

I used Maria burst as a roaming warrior for first torment dungeon. Seemed pretty baller. Now have 2 earth bursts, hers and tifa.

Top Bottom