• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII released on Steam, $11.99 USD (Squeenix account required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I assumed, thanks.

Even upressing the backgrounds can be tricky? That's the thing I was looking forward to most.

It's just weird about requirements, and I guess buggy. You want upressed backgrounds, but it says you need a half dozen different mods to do it even if you didn't select anything else. When I did it I had everything set to vanilla except the backgrounds, had all the other mods it randomly decided I needed, and when I tried playing the game it busted the menu, was just black boxes. Despite not telling it to do anything with the menu.

Maybe others have had a better experience with it, but I gave up on it after a couple attempts and just rebuilt the local files on Steam and replayed it vanilla.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
is it worth it? never played it, and pretty much never played any FF because I didn't own a ps1 or a ps2

I've heard many people say the game aged terribly

The game is ugly as fuuuuuuuuuuuck, but it's actually a solid RPG. Not the best Final Fantasy, but it's definitely worth playing.

Slowdive

Banned
The soundtrack update makes me much more excited about whenever I get around to my copy since I don't have to manually replace it now.

A FFVIII PC release might be in the cards since, like with VII, there's a pre-existing PC port that Squeenix can lazily dust off. Wouldn't hold my breath for IX, though, unfortunately :/

It's already happening. VIII, that is. Would love IX on PC.

Sanic

I have a 16 hour save from a PS1 copy sitting on my PS3 and I don't really want to give that up, but the Steam sale is ending soon and i'm tempted....

Can I somehow bring my PS3 save over to the PC version, or can I mod PC saves to get me up to where I am in my PS3 copy?

BasilZero

Really tempted to get the game but I already have the PSX version.

Will probably wait till the holiday sale before I get this game.

McNum

The Anxious Heart music mod is no longer needed, though. The game uses the original PlayStation music now instead of that... thing... it had initially.

Tizoc

What mods do I need along with Tifa's Bootleg? Say I want the models to just look HDish but resemble their original designs.

alf717

Question:

I have the retail version and hooked it up with the PS1 audio fix. Runs great but I have two issues. The Chocobo's didn't dance when giving me the Choco/Mog materia. The other issue I have is the sleep music plays for a second but zips through it like it was nothing. Anyway I could address these issues? Are these issues present in the Steam released version? I'd rather not have to pay for the game again if possible.

Tizoc

Gonna install the Tifa's bootleg mod but the entire description of going through it seems rathe wide ended.

Is there any easier way to apply it?

Dmax3901

So when I load this up, on the continue? screen the icon is infinite scrolling between that and quit. Seems to be a keyboard issue? Any ideas?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul / Pride is lost / Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom