• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake shifts to internal dev under Mobius project leader

There's no way that Final Fantasy VIIr isn't the biggest (japanese) project of SE at the moment
The company knows that this game will sell more than XV sold or what XVI will sell

I would highly doubt it outsells XV.

A bunch of people arent happy about the multipart aspect of the game and the changes being made to the combat.

AAMARMO

Banned
This game will either gets canceled silently and gets rebooted into something like Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy or handed to a new division,

ultima786

A bunch of people arent happy about the multipart aspect of the game and the changes being made to the combat.

Are you sure? Isn't the FF7 remake trailer one of the most watched game trailers in history? And isn't it like at the top spot of Famitsu?

HeelPower

I'd be real mad if Agni had to die for Tabata to make an unnecessary FFVII sequel
👿

Except Agni was never alive to begin with.

I dont think an Agni game can ever live up to the mystery and interest created by the demos,doubly so if Agni ends up being a Tabata game.

You're gonna be disillusioned and reality will strike hard,as it did for Noctis-sama.

Keym

I can see it doing better than XV with the right marketing... but only the first part if it does end up being split over multiple episodes.

Are you sure? Isn't the FF7 remake trailer one of the most watched game trailers in history? And isn't it like at the top spot of Famitsu?

Neither of those are indicative of worldwide ltd sales.

The big challenge that this project faces is the way final fantasy sequels perform, they generally sell half as well as the game before it. Meaning that even if this game sells 8 million copies, the third game will only sell 2 million copies. They have to buck that trend.

Koozek

I dont think an Agni game can ever live up to the mystery and interest created by the demos,doubly so if Agni ends up being a Tabata game.

You're gonna be disillusioned and reality will strike hard,as it did for Noctis-sama.
Agni has shown more conviction, strength, and resolve than Stella ever did. She also can be described like a rose: passion, love, and beauty.

You will remember my words in a few years when you realize I was right.

Keym

Besides, would anyone really want a femaled led game directed by Tabata..?

HeelPower

Agni has shown more conviction, strength, and resolve than Stella ever did. She also can be described like a rose: passion, love, and beauty.

You will remember my words in a few years when you realize I was right.

Agni must not be forgotten. But would you want her immortalized in a bad game or would you rather have her immortalized as an unresolved goddess that has enraptured the hearts of millions in mysterious videos ?

You may be fascinated by the image of a Rose but if you look too closely,you may find ugly hurtful thorns!

Besides, would anyone really want a female led directed by Tabata..?

But he directed The Third Birthday..

Oh fuck!!

Keym

Agni must not be forgotten. But would you want her immortalized in a bad game or would you rather have her immortalized as an unresolved goddess that has enraptured the hearts of millions in mysterious videos ?

Noctis was cooler when all he did was brood in his chair and block a hail of bullets with his phantom swords.

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

You can't fool us Tabata, we know it's you!

FinalAres

Neither of those are indicative of worldwide ltd sales.

The big challenge that this project faces is the way final fantasy sequels perform, they generally sell half as well as the game before it. Meaning that even if this game sells 8 million copies, the third game will only sell 2 million copies. They have to buck that trend.
That's only because all the sequels thus far have been rubbish. If VII Part 2 and 3 are rubbish, they deserve to sell half as many copies.

Koozek

You may be fascinated by the image of a Rose but if you look too closely,you may find ugly hurtful thorns!
Immortalized in a good game.

I think VII Remake will sell more than FF XV, even if we include the XV Windows versions releasing next year. FF XV is currently at 6.5M copies sold and when everything is said and done it'll probably reach 8M.

I can see FF VII Remake doing this on Ps4 alone. I mean the part I at least.

I think VII Remake will sell more than FF XV, even if we include the XV Windows versions releasing next year. FF XV is currently at 6.5M copies sold and when everything is said and done it'll probably reach 8M.

I can see FF VII Remake doing this on Ps4 alone. I mean the part I at least.

Yeah I think you've got it right, and I should be clear that I don't think this is because of any inherent quality on the part of VIIR or lack of quality on the part of XV. VIIR could probably be hot garbage and outsell XV on name alone, it's not really a fair fight for XV or really any other FF.

He said he would do FF7-2 though.

DRm02Gv.jpg

jdstorm

Banned
Besides, would anyone really want a femaled led game directed by Tabata..?

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Lol.

But on a more serious note. After FFXV Tabata has earned at the very least my intense curiosity. I would love to see what he could do when he gets to build something from the ground up.

Especially if Nakamura is involved in a big way.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Infinite in mystery
is the gift of the Goddess.

We seek it thus,
and take to the sky.

Wings of Light and Dark spread apart

She guides us to bliss,
her Gift everlasting.

Fou-Lu

I would accept an FFVII-2 no matter what it is. I want to see where the fuck Square would go with it. If it turns out awful I would just pretend it didn't exist.

I would accept an FFVII-2 no matter what it is. I want to see where the fuck Square would go with it. If it turns out awful I would just pretend it didn't exist.

They're kind of doing that. They're expanding FF7 into multiple 40+ hour long games. There's going to be alot of new story and stuff in it.

What u guys Will do when Sephiroth turns to be Gackt, And starts Reading loveless?

Joking aside, i'll accept whatever they do because with the story because the most important people involved in the game (aside from Sakaguchi) are involved in the project. So if the original writer/director/lead designer all say "Well, it was actually like this" then i'm fine with it.

Fou-Lu

They're kind of doing that. They're expanding FF7 into multiple 40+ hour long games. There's going to be alot of new story and stuff in it.

True enough. And as the disgusting Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, and Final Fantasy XV loving monster I am I will probably lap it all up and want more.

Joking aside, i'll accept whatever they do because with the story because the most important people involved in the game (aside from Sakaguchi) are involved in the project. So if the original writer/director/lead designer all say "Well, it was actually like this" then i'm fine with it.

"The original writer/director/lead designer" is kind of a meaningless phrase when said people are literally 20 years older than they were in the original. No one stays the same for two decades, literally.

"The original writer/director/lead designer" is kind of a meaningless phrase when said people are literally 20 years older than they were in the original. No one stays the same for two decades, literally.

Correct, they have twenty years more experience and access to dramatically better hardware and tools that allow them to do alot more than they previously could.

Very different 😀

And the PSX gameplay trailer has over another 7 million views, and that's just the PS post of the trailer, along with countless reaction videos for both the reveal and psx trailers.

I think that the hate for Nomura is unfair and it really shouldn't happen. Give the man some credit.

Yes he has some quirks that people might disagree with, yes he (for some bizarre reason) is more secretive with his content unlike other directors who have shown a lot more during production (yet they still get hate for showing too much or not having it perfect), but I'm sure he's not at his office twiddling his fingers. He's working on it. We just have to wait a bit more longer. This ain't a "press the button for HD mode" kind of game, it's a full on remake that requires more than just a coat of paint.

Kingdom Hearts III has a chance of coming out next year. I'm guessing that's his focus right now even if he isn't the sole director on it. Once KH3 is finished, then I predict a huge resurgence on 7R's development.

Some wont admit it but some of the hate is certainly over one game on his watch not shipping. We don't even know the details but automatically assume he's the one to blame alone.
And it's obvious it's getting to him considering he kind of called it out, if he was doing nothing for shits and giggles I'd doubt he would be too offended.

However, he shouldn't have taken the time out to make designs for other games like Xenoblade 2 despite me really liking them so far.
I'm on the side of waiting to see what happens with KH3

This.

But people want to play FF VII remake.

They both have tons of people looking forward to playing them. Kingdom Hearts is a huge franchise for them as well.

Top Bottom