• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

Prevailer

Have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwr_mRSGFM

Turn up the volume! Our latest Gamescom Trailer features not only an SD to HD comparison of the new graphics from the upcoming FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster, but also has some newly arranged audio tracks from battles and Overdrive attacks!

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster celebrates two of the most cherished and beloved entries to the world-renowned franchise, now completely remastered in gorgeous High Definition! Based on the International Versions of the games that werepreviously only released in Japan and Europe, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings these timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike.

I was wondering wtf was going on at first because the text made me think it was playing the remix over the SD footage too and it sounded exactly the same lol. Definitely enjoyed the remix though.

Just hearing the battle theme makes me want to fire up my copy again...give me a release date! I needs it like Gollum needs the Ring...

Alrus

It'd be nice if they announced a release date and the price for the Vita versions. So I know when I'll have to buy one :)

Noo the old battle theme sounds much better! Can we swap the OSTs atleast? Why did they feel the need to remaster the already great OST? :S

Sophia

You know at the rate they're going, this is less of an HD remaster and more of a full on HD remake.

The new battle music sounds pretty good. It's similar to what they did for KH 1.5 HD.

That HD Ui during battle....ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS?

LOOKS LIKE RPG MAKER SHIT

I think the big issue comes from the HP/MP indicators. In the original game they were a smaller font size than the actual numbers, but in the HD shots they're the same size, and it looks off...

Dynedom

I actually like the newly re-arranged battle music. Bring it on. I need a release date.

Really interested to see what they did with Seymour Battle. If it's anything close to the Black Mages version, I will nerd the fuck out.

Prevailer

No vita logo on that trailer or in the description.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Everything is fine...

vita-check.jpg

JP

Not really been paying any attention to this but that looks and sounds really good. Didn't play the PS2 games for some reason, is it worth picking this up as I liked the PS1 and older games?

Arren

Really *not* liking the new arrangement for the battle theme.

Sounds much busier to the point of being obnoxious: the brass is muddier and more reverbed, which gives it less impact towards the melody; the synth arpeggio is not as clear as in the original and that screeching guitar definitely sounds out of place.

TheChaos0

No vita logo on that trailer or in the description.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I noticed that but they only showed the logo for the PS3 special edition so not really an indication of anything. It's not like they are going to cancel the Vita version or anything.

Arren

I think the big issue comes from the HP/MP indicators. In the original game they were a smaller font size than the actual numbers, but in the HD shots they're the same size, and it looks off...

It's not just that: the original UI elements (names, indicators, numbers) all had a slightly blurred, softer look to them, which lent itself to a more suffused appearance. Even when you play the game on a CRT TV, it is quite evident.

The remaster chooses a very crisp approach instead, with bright and sharp text, clear black outlines that creates a stark contrast within the picture. It kind of resembles some RPGMaker RTP graphics in that regard.

Still hyped for this although their lack of any communication for the Vita version is annoying. The HD makeover is looking good. The new music does sound very different but I'll get used to it.

Dynedom

Wow! Where did the bass go in the new arrangement?

I'm not sure if you can take the Youtube video's mix very seriously. You'll probably hear it clearly in the actual game itself. I do agree that, the way it is presented, it is completely drowned out.

Looks and sounds SO GOOD... well, except for the very beginning of the battle theme. But god, I can't wait for this.

But still no release date, and if you'll notice, the end of the trailer no longer says "Coming 2013" or "Coming this year" like all the recent trailers and PR up to this point have. 2014 delay immiment? I hope not, but...

baekshi

Banned
It's not that Vita version isn't coming, it's that it won't hit in the retail stores. It will be just downloadable. Can't pre-order at any place, no box art, and no talks about it.

Getting that Japanese version.

Liked the new arrangement, personally.

I can understand the UI hate but I'm alright with it. 2D fonts aren't the prettiest without loats of random style thrown ontop. It's more minimal. I like the command menu, though! It probably wouldn't be so bad to some if the rest of the game was fully redone.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Love it, sounds a lot better than the original. I also like the new UI, looks clean and nice.
I was afraid that they were going to screw this up, but its looking good so far. However, i hope they don't change every song in the game, especially ''Wandering Flame'' and all the other songs
In the aspect of graphics, it looks better than ever.

This is my favourite FF game, i really cannot wait to play this in pure HD glory. PS3 version will be my choice.

I remember hating this battle theme after a while, but man, after all this time it sounds so good hearing it again. Like the new arrangement too.

Top Bottom