• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

akaoni

Banned
So Valefor totally does have breasts.

Not entirely keen on the music changes. Mind you, I'll probably get over it quickly enough.

Thanks SE for ruining the music by putting some kind of Phil Spector-like wall of sound over the great original arrangements, thank you so bloody much * shakes fist in anger *

They will put an option it it to choose the original arrangements, will they? :-(

Jacobbles

Hate the new music. Hope we have an option for the original.

The UI is fine, I was sold on it when those menu screenshots surfaced a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why they are hiding the release date when it will release very soon (at least in Japan).

It's very likely at this point that it's because it has been delayed. I'm really, REALLY hoping that's not the case, but if it's supposed to release in "2013" and we still don't have a release date at the end of August... well, it would seem the writing's on the wall.

I hope I'm wrong.

Urghhh lack of bass in the new arranged battle theme and somewhat sounds slower than the original

Yes, this!

They've got rid of this nice descending Chris Squire-like bass-line and it makes me a sad panda.
I also miss this Rickenbacker sound completely actually. Damn...

raven777

It's very likely at this point that it's because it has been delayed. I'm really, REALLY hoping that's not the case, but if it's supposed to release in "2013" and we still don't have a release date at the end of August... well, it would seem the writing's on the wall.

I hope I'm wrong.

I have been hearing October release for Asia from a somewhat reliable source. I assume Japan will release at the same time or earlier.

but yea it could be delayed I guess.

I hope I'm wrong.

They had this on the blog post that has just gone up

Excited much? The game’s currently slated for launch this year, and will be available for PS3 and PS Vita. We’ll have more soon, so keep checking back!

Hopefully it hasn't been delayed. Fans have been waiting nearly two years for this to be released and as stupid as it may have been, I bought my Vita solely because I knew this was coming out.

Thoraxes

It's crazy how much a re-orchestration and slight tempo increase makes the battle theme like 100% more bearable. X's battle theme is one of the worst of them all.

Seeing the amount of effort that is being put into this is really increasing my hype. The arranged music is a really nice touch.

mejin

I hope we have the original soundtrack available. The new one is so much worse that...I can't. :-(

Wow, I don't like it. I was hoping I would, but it just lacks the "oomph" the original track does. I hope the rest of the OST is better, though this is going to be hard to get used to since it's the main battle theme.

I have been hearing October release for Asia from a somewhat reliable source. I assume Japan will release at the same time or earlier.

but yea it could be delayed I guess.

Yeah, I've been hearing murmurs of an October release as well. I hope that ends up being the case, and if it is, that it isn't a Japan-only release in October and a Western release in 2014. Keeping my fingers crossed...

They had this on the blog post that has just gone up

Hopefully it hasn't been delayed. Fans have been waiting nearly two years for this to be released and as stupid as it may have been, I bought my Vita solely because I knew this was coming out.

Hey, I hear you. This has been one of my most-anticipated PS3/Vita games since the first time they mentioned it was a thing that was happening, and that was before it disappeared for like a year. I'm seriously hoping it hasn't been further delayed. But it's had such a troubled development, and they've been announcing all this new stuff (like the audio drama and the remastered soundtrack) so last-minute/close to any possible 2013 release that I have to wonder...

I think we'll be able to infer a lot from the press email that'll likely be going out about this in an hour or two. Every PR blast about the game so far has included mention of that nebulous 2013 release date; if it's suddenly missing from the next one, that'll tell us a lot, I think. Hopefully it isn't...

Japanese trailer has a release date. English version does not... edit: i should be clear, it says 2013. not an actual release date.
should we be worried?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIw-SP_SliE

Oh boy. OH BOY.

That's not good.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the remastered battle theme in the Japanese trailer doesn't sound as overbearing/"where are all these instruments coming from?" as the Western trailer does. Maybe it's a mixing difference between the trailers? At any rate, it sounds even better in the Japanese trailer.

akaoni

Banned
Not a fan of gurgly vocals. Especially when they sound that ridiculous.

Fair point. I still have no fucking clue what the lyrics are even though I've listened to it a jillion times.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwr_mRSGFM#t=2m31s

Dat HD lacetrim....

NjpLjvS.gif

Shinta

Banned
If I wanted the exact same OST, and the exact same game, I could just put in the PS2 game at any time.

I'm glad they're doing remasters. I'm sure I'll prefer some old ones, and some new ones, but at least it'll be something new. Theatrhythm bored the shit out of me because they didn't touch anything. I'd much rather have new versions of FFX songs. I've been listening to the old ones for ten years.

Oh boy. OH BOY.

That's not good.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the remastered battle theme in the Japanese trailer doesn't sound as overbearing/"where are all these instruments coming from?" as the Western trailer does. Maybe it's a mixing difference between the trailers? At any rate, it sounds even better in the Japanese trailer.

you're right, that's weird. sounds better mixed in the japanese version..
and yeah, that isnt good about the date..
square enix always do this. :-/ late western release (lightning returns,, grr)

Holmes

You're right, the track sounds better in the Japanese trailer. Wasn't digging it at first, but if it's more like this, not so bad.

Suairyu

Banned
Really like the arranged theme. I'm sure the lack of bass is simply YouTube compression. When you have it coming uncompressed off the Blu Ray disc through quality headphones you'll hear it loud and clear.

it's september and still no release date.

last mission still hasn't officially been confirmed.

we got to see the battle transition for the 1st time! (it is good!!)

is it me or it loads the battles alot faster too? ffx was always faster than most ffs but looks faster.

Coxy

Hate the new music. Hope we have an option for the original.

The UI is fine, I was sold on it when those menu screenshots surfaced a few weeks ago.

I want the option to select track by track which version I want in case I like some and hate some

Famassu

Looks and sounds SO GOOD... well, except for the very beginning of the battle theme. But god, I can't wait for this.

But still no release date, and if you'll notice, the end of the trailer no longer says "Coming 2013" or "Coming this year" like all the recent trailers and PR up to this point have. 2014 delay immiment? I hope not, but...
The PS Blog post still says "scheduled for a 2013 release.

Top Bottom