• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

Shamdeo

The load-in times seem faster.

igCbfYKt3g00r.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not so fond of the new battle music :( Too much shit going on... I might end up liking it eventually though. Gonna listen to it a couple of times...
The load-in times seem faster.

igCbfYKt3g00r.gif
This is frikkin' awesome.

Calling it now...December in Japan and 2014 everywhere else. If its not happening in October it's happening 2014 when the next gen release hype lessens.

Also I bet Vita versions are PSN only with a physical release only in Japan.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We have the first 15 minutes or so of FFX HD offscreen from Gamescom. Any interest in that?
YES! But at the same time, no :( I'm on media blackout (yes, for a 10 year old game)

Z3M0G

I found the video was badly handled... there were no sound effects cluttering the SD sample, then the HD sample was too noisy... and I waited for about a minute into the track for my favorite part and it sounds much worst in the HD version.

I actually prefer the original track...

Yoshichan

Well, to be fair - I'm really trying to avoid listening to the music as well. I've wanted to click that FFX OST folder on my desktop for so long but I've held myself from being tempted. I just wanted to listen to this battle music because I wanted to get a taste of what the game will sound like.

My first impression was "nooo, too many instruments", but now that I've listened to it a couple of times, it's really starting to sound good.
Just by about 1 second going by that gif (edit: and video)
Any reduction in loading time (even a second) is good!

I'm fine with the new music, even if at first it is a bit jarring. I've heard the original battle theme so many countless times in FFX, that I can certainly handle a change.

Is X-2 gonna get the same remastered music treatment?

Thoraxes

Well, to be fair - I'm really trying to avoid listening to the music as well. I've wanted to click that FFX OST folder on my desktop for so long but I've held myself from being tempted. I just wanted to listen to this battle music because I wanted to get a taste of what the game will sound like.

My first impression was "nooo, too many instruments", but now that I've listened to it a couple of times, it's really starting to sound good.

Any reduction in loading time (even a second) is good!

As long as you don't spoil yourself on the best music from the game it's okay :D

There're some gems in there that are just incredible.

And yes to the loading time!

Yoshichan

As long as you don't spoil yourself on the best music from the game it's okay :D

There're some gems in there that are just incredible.!
Straight up. FFXs soundtrack has so much variety, and I'd say every song fits the game perfectly. Hnggggg, I want to listen to it now! :_:

Yoshichan

Holy shit, it totally does sound better in this version of the trailer. Everybody check it out. The music is crisper and less overblown..
I'm not noticing anything different in that trailer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm fine with the new music, even if at first it is a bit jarring. I've heard the original battle theme so many countless times in FFX, that I can certainly handle a change.
While I hope the original OST is still included for those who prefer it, I'm still glad for the change, as I grew tired of the battle theme after hearing it soooooo many times (though liked some of the special battle themes). After hearing the new version, it's decent. Just nice to hear a new version after all this time.

& nice to see faster loading times.

Xenex

Please SE be a 2013 release; 2014 is a piss take. Waiting for PS4 hype to lessen is somewhat stupid IMO, FF fans will buy this game. Those who have PS4s may no longer invest in old gen, or may even have got ridden their old consoles (e.g. trade-in), which is a problem as there is currently no BC -
Gaikai hurry the f*ck up
. Personally, it's games like FFX HD that delay my purchase of the PS4, as I'd rather buy and play them compared to the launch titles. So it may look as though I'll be getting the PS4 sooner rather than later. As a loyal FF fan I'll be getting this game come what may
(No SE, don't pull a May 2014 release)
, I'm just saying their strategy for selling the most units might not work out as they intend. Presuming that FF X HD is delayed, with the PS4 being the factor.

Is the entire soundtrack getting remastered ? The game's OST has 91 tracks, and the playstation blog says that "more than 60 tracks from the original game have been rearranged or remastered". Have we any info what tracks will and won't be redone ?

mrmickfran

Please, please, PLEASE give us the option to switch between the original soundtrack and the remastered soundtrack.

From what I've heard about the Kingdom Hearts Remaster , I won't expect them to actually let me though :(

While I'm sure there will be parts of the original soundtrack arrangement that I'll prefer to the arrangement of the remaster overall I like the fuller richer sound. Also I think it'll feel more natural when playing the game from start to finish and not immediately against a comparison that's burrowed into my brain.

x-Lundz-x

Is it possible they will release a PS4 version as well? I realize it will not be any better on PS4 but I would like to be able to move my PS3 to the bedroom once the PS4 is out.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
QA time could really push this back, particularly in Europe. The reality is that these are both extremely long games, so they won't be quick to pass cert.

It wouldn't be so bad if PS4 wasn't nearing launch and needing a huge amount of seats to QA on top of the normal end-of-year rush.

Coxy

Is the entire soundtrack getting remastered ? The game's OST has 91 tracks, and the playstation blog says that "more than 60 tracks from the original game have been rearranged or remastered". Have we any info what tracks will and won't be redone ?

I'm going to take a wiiiiild guess and say the ones that wont be redone are the ones that are like 8 seconds long

Someone in the other thread had it right, but there are ~60 tracks that were processed/produced via PS2 soundchip, and the others were recorded live.

It's a safe bet that the synthed/PS2 tracks are teh ones being remastered, and the live recordings are staying put.

The new arrangement is way too noisy for me. In the first few seconds I thought I accidentally opened another tab of the video.

Honestly I think I can find better OCRemix arrangements if I looked for it right now.

RPGCrazied

What a way to wake up. Holy shit at dat remixed music. Is the whole game like that or just select tracks? Still no release date. :( This year isn't looking good.

Yoshichan

Digging the new battle theme, though the first few seconds of it sound like a mess.
This is exactly how I feel. The first couple of seconds is a mess, but then it just gets better and better. The final parts of the song is perfection.

Someone in the other thread had it right, but there are ~60 tracks that were processed/produced via PS2 soundchip, and the others were recorded live.

It's a safe bet that the synthed/PS2 tracks are teh ones being remastered, and the live recordings are staying put.

So there are around 30 tracks of the game that were recorded live ? Which ones ? This seems like a lot. Back in the day, didn't usually only one or two songs were recorded with an orchestra, such as the main theme and credits theme ? Thirty seems like a lot...

So there are around 30 tracks of the game that were recorded live ? Which ones ? This seems like a lot. Back in the day, didn't usually only one or two songs were recorded with an orchestra, such as the main theme and credits theme ? Thirty seems like a lot...

I think the final number was ~15-20 orchestrated tracks for FFX ...I don't know if there's a list out there :/. If I listened to every track on the OST I could probably tell you XD FFX's OST has 75 tracks or so, so ~15 isn't unheard of (especially counting FMV music, and the like)

I know a lot of it had to do with instrumentation on the PS2 vs. real life, a hurdle they ran into in FFXII's sound processing as well (though, FFXII is enhanced where -most- of it is orchestrated, and they filled in certain instrument gaps w/ MIDI)

The real masterpieces are from Hamauzu and Nakano in FFX.

This.

I love Uematsu. Always will. FFX, however, showed him get pretty much outclassed by those two. I mean, his actual melodies were still classic & unique, but they still had that kind of low-grade MIDI quality compared to Hamauzu & Nakano, which just seemed a lot better arranged & professional IMO.

Hamauzu for the emotional; Nakano for the atmospheric.

BTW, what the hell ever happened to Nakano?
After FFX I was hoping for more contributions from him (and more collaborations with Hamauzu) in the FF series, but alas... :(

Calling it now...December in Japan and 2014 everywhere else. If its not happening in October it's happening 2014 when the next gen release hype lessens.

Also I bet Vita versions are PSN only with a physical release only in Japan.

With Lightning Returns releasing in Feb 2014 in the US/EU, would S-E want to release this within a month in either direction, though?
I feel like this will either release in October 2013 or, like, April 2014. :/

clem84

Gold Member
I prefer the old battle theme but overall it's good stuff! Now the only thing we need is a Vita retail release and a RELEASE DATE ALREADY!

Top Bottom