• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

Seda

I like the new UI.

It took me a few listens to get over the initial 'shock' of hearing a battle music different than the one I was used to after playing probably thousands of battles with it. Like a few others have said, I like the theme as it goes further in, it's just a tad more exciting than the old theme, but the beginning still feels a bit messy. That said, it's quite different, and Square would be smart to put in a soundtrack toggle between the original and remastered versions.

A release this year seems to be less and less likely.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They need to stop giving me reasons to buy this game.
Why not? You pay $40 for a (what looks to be) great HD remix. Well, two if you liked X-2 :D

RPGCrazied

He was saying he doesn't need any more reasons to buy the game.

I didn't need a reason. Soon as I heard it was getting an HD collection I preordered it. I just wish other RPG's of last generation would get this treatment. I'd do anything for an Xenosaga one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Where's my Lightning in the FFX HD Collection.

Where's my Lightning in the FFX HD Collection.

jTD21jp.jpg

news_gc_17_minutes_of_ffx_hd-14515.jpg
O____o Eugh. That face.

I'm at work so I can't DL this. Is there a stream? Does Tidus look like this in the final game? He looks very creepy and scary in this pic. I really hope that this isn't the final version.

RPGCrazied

Why is everyone so in love with Lightning? Ugh. The character is so bland to me. Why the need to put her in a game where she doesn't fit? Might as well add her to Kingdom Hearts 3 to then.

If we have to have a XIII character, bring on Sazh, much better character.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Why is everyone so in love with Lightning? Ugh. The character is so bland to me. Why the need to put her in a game where she doesn't fit? Might as well add her to Kingdom Hearts 3 to then.

If we have to have a XIII character, bring on Sazh, much better character.
Nobody is, people are just being smartasses.

「オールインワンディスク版」?
Oh Japan.

Jeels

Better not be a PSN only release on Vita. The fact that they aren't even bothering mentioning it exists in the trailer worries me.

It looks great, I can't wait to get the Vita version. I just hope this time I don't screw up my sphere grid by making Tidus learn cure first.

Squire

Banned
Better not be a PSN only release on Vita. The fact that they aren't even bothering mentioning it exists in the trailer worries me.

They don't want to put it on Vita. That's been their whole attitude.

"We don't want to put it on Vita, but we bet on Vita too early and now we have to keep our word, somehow." That has to be it. Never seen a publisher be this blatantly reluctant to release s port with this kind of sales potential.

Nobody is, people are just being smartasses.

Sure. Anyway the game is looking great. Someone here mentioned that Tidus' face surgery is to be more consistent with the CG, most likely the case. Him and Yuna are the ones that looked the most different to their CG models.

40899633812129tidusmuwapo.jpg

RPGCrazied

I hate how the Japanese trailer shows a release 2013 date at the end, but no where to be seen in the NA/EU trailer. :( Do they seriously want to release this next year with LR and next gen on its stride?

This battle theme is like a new metallica album. They just added more noise and effects.

It's not that the old one is so much better, but at least you can hear the song clearly

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If Lightning *does* appear anywhere, it'll most likely be in Shinra's Coliseum in FFX-2.

I don't think we'll see Lightning appear in FFX.

Replace Auron with Lightning and all his voices with Ali Hillis.

Valnen

This battle theme is like a new metallica album. They just added more noise and effects.

For the first 13 seconds or so yeah, it definitely has this problem. Really sounds nice as you get into the song though. It's growing on me, listened to it about 5 times now.

Mesoian

Yeah that new battle theme...ain't great. Is it me or do the new instruments in the composition start to desync after about a minute?

I'd be okay with Lightning being an (optional) capturable monster. Hell, make her even more powerful than Strongest Shinra for the hell of it.

Lightning will replace brother as the best Blitzball player.

Sure. Anyway the game is looking great. Someone here mentioned that Tidus' face surgery is to be more consistent with the CG, most likely the case. Him and Yuna are the ones that looked the most different to their CG models.

40899633812129tidusmuwapo.jpg

But he still doesn't look much like the cg model. Rather than looking Asian, he looks like a lifeless doll. But I guess at least now he looks less like Meg Ryan.

Claneko

Everything looks great. The new music sounds good, though I think at the start it's a bit too busy and some of the melody gets drowned out. I hope a release date is mentioned soon, because it feels like forever since this whole HD version was announced.

KupoNut

Loving the graphics and UI enhancements, but fearing not tweaking the animations is going to result in awkward moments.

Still curious to see if it'll be as good looking and good running on a Vita.

daoster

Do you guys think it's a possibility that Sony worked out a deal with Square Enix to have X+X-2 also released on the PS4 (in addition to the PS3 + PSV) as a launch title for Japan? Might be a reason why they've been so silent in regards to release date in all regions.

That would be a crazy launch title for Sony AND Square, as the Japanese games seem sparse so far (though I expect that to change).

Do you guys think it's a possibility that Sony worked out a deal with Square Enix to have X+X-2 also released on the PS4 (in addition to the PS3 + PSV) as a launch title for Japan? Might be a reason why they've been so silent in regards to release date in all regions.

That would be a crazy launch title for Sony AND Square, as the Japanese games seem sparse so far (though I expect that to change).

I'm sure it'll come to the PS4 eventually, but no, not as a launch title.

TripleSun

Didn't think I'd like the new soundtracks, but the new battle theme is much more grand. I'm taking off my rose-colored nostalgia goggles to realize its a good change.

But yeah was worried about the no Vita logo at the end, but it seems I'm safe on that front. Still not preordering until Vita information comes out. Now we gotta wait for TGS, right? Ugh, was hoping release date at Gamescom..

Top Bottom