• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

The_Monk

There has never been confirmation of physical Vita versions. I think the closest thing to a confirmation (although it is certainly not one) is at PAX East in March when it was announced to be 'sold as two separate discs'. Of course that might just be poor word choice.

Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer. I really hope they can release this in Physical form and in Europe too, it's a must for me now.

Reveirg

Based on the battle theme, it doesn't seem like this is receiving the same treatment KH 1.5 received.

No live recordings except for the electric guitar.

That being said, the soundsets sound great and overall the arrangement is superior to the original. The improvement is especially great on the drums.

It's tough to judge the mix with this Youtube video, though, I'll reserve any judgment until we can hear a good quality version.

I'm glad that they respected the original composition though. The slightly-cheesy but tasteful synth is still there, the bass part is identical, etc.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Dat UI...

Square needs to hire some good graphic designers.

Square should hire Cory Schmitz.

But am I going to purchase this purely to nostalgia wank? Yes I am.

Nerokis

I actually enjoy the original battle music, and don't see why it's apparently widely disliked. The new version is damn awesome, though.

Uh... you guys really think the new UI is worse? Other than the awful damage/overkill font, it looks way better to me. The new battle theme sounds really good, too. Can't wait to see what other tracks were arranged.

Aurizen

Uh... you guys really think the new UI is worse? Other than the awful damage/overkill font, it looks way better to me. The new battle theme sounds really good, too. Can't wait to see what other tracks were arranged.

the new UI is Phenomenal! its modern and the text 'Final Fantasy X' is FF LR like in terms of font, that I love.

Reveirg

They all were, except for those that were already live recordings (every version of Hymn of The Faith, Suteki Da Ne and a few others).

OnFire331

Loving the new battle theme, seems more lively overall and thus more fitting for a battle theme (love the original tune though). I wouldn't quite discount the possibility of some tracks being fully orchestrated, this particular track was one of the synth-ier in the soundtrack. Maybe Hamauzu's tracks are getting a different treatment.

Loving the new battle theme, seems more lively overall and thus more fitting for a battle theme (love the original tune though). I wouldn't quite discount the possibility of some tracks being fully orchestrated, this particular track was one of the synth-ier in the soundtrack. Maybe Hamauzu's tracks are getting a different treatment.

hopefully they don't fuck with Hamauzu's tracks, because they are pretty much perfect as-is.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Liking the visual of the game but the font choice and how the UI looks is a tad weird. There was a certain amount of rainbowish charm about the old one. Now it's just gone. Granted, it's just nostalgia playing into a factor and I'm used to the older one and I certainly don't think the older ones look better but still.

fates

New battle theme is OK, still prefer the old one though. Honestly FFX's OST was perfect as is (have the first pressing of that OST, with the strange blue slipcase... /brag).

I feel weird because I actually prefer the old user interface for FFX. IMO, it fit VERY well with the atmosphere and general environment theme of the game as a whole. Maybe I'm just weird with that though...

I'm still waiting for a final decision on whether or not there will be a physical release of this for the Vita. If there is, it'll probably push me to buy a Vita. If not, probably will wait (a while) to get a Vita.

Aurizen

I actually like the new battle theme... especially around 3:58 with the guitar and drums. i guess TGS is the next time we'll get news that would be good everything we want revealed... what day is TGS and when does it end?

Squire

Banned
I actually like the new battle theme... especially around 3:58 with the guitar and drums. i guess TGS is the next time we'll get news that would be good everything we want revealed... what day is TGS and when does it end?

TGS is from September 19-22, but SE is bringing FFX HD to PAX along with everything else they've taken around this year. That's really soon. Like, in a week or so.

Forgot how hot Rikku is lol. Dem legs! Anyway, it's been a while, I'm ready to return to Spira. Revisiting a game after so many years is always an interesting exercise.

Aurizen

TGS is from September 19-22, but SE is bringing FFX HD to PAX along with everything else they've taken around this year. That's really soon. Like, in a week or so.

I dont think we'll get a date then... maybe some X-2 pictures and a few X picture...

17 minutes of the beginning of FFX-HD, 720p off-screen. Sadly no sound...
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_17_minutes_of_ffx_hd-14515_en.html

Looks like they added the lighting in and somewhat tweaked Tidus's face.

643146_20130322_screen006.jpg

xk3v.png

Ixion

I like the new battle theme a lot. It's more exciting.

The UI I'm not thrilled about though. It's cleaner, but it also doesn't have the flavor and charm of the original UI.

That looks really really really dated, dude.

i mean the faces. they are really high quality for a PS2 title. you can even compare it to the new models they've done, there is a reason people say the new models look terrible, its because the PS2 ones were so good.

SirNinja

i mean the faces. they are really high quality for a PS2 title. you can even compare it to the new models they've done, there is a reason people say the new models look terrible, its because the PS2 ones were so good.

They're still tweaking the face models; see Frostinferno's post for a good example. By the time the game is finished, the faces should look quite faithful to the original.

The facial animations are what concerns me. They weren't that great in the original, and they really need work for this version (from what we've seen so far at least).

Aurizen

They have improved the visuals i noticed that, I bet there's more to come. I still dont thing PAX will have anything we would look for.. like a release date.

Wazzy

Banned
The new arrangement of the battle music is nice and thankfully it didn't change too much though I do prefer the originals middle part of the song.

I'm seriously excited for this when it hits Vita. X and X-2 portable is a dream come true.

CSX

No release date at end of trailer?

2014 it is! It be really interesting to see it released in the west the same date as LR :)

Though definitely not happening. My money is month or two later after LR

Angry Fork

Why do they insist on changing shit that doesn't need to be changed. The visuals look great, just keep that. Why tweak the music or font. This is about nostalgia not experimental bs. The youtube description says the new tracks are only for battle/overdrive hopefully it's not everything and they don't George Lucas any other songs.

CSX

Why do they insist on changing shit that doesn't need to be changed. The visuals look great, just keep that. Why tweak the music or font. This is about nostalgia not experimental bs. The youtube description says the new tracks are only for battle/overdrive hopefully it's not everything and they don't George Lucas any other songs.

They need to update the font / UI in some way due to the increase in resolution. Otherwise all the text would be blurry and stretched which wont compliment the better visuals.

You can see this alot in screenshots of emulated games when they jack up the resolution.

Top Bottom