• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

ubercheez

If I wanted the exact same OST, and the exact same game, I could just put in the PS2 game at any time.

I'm glad they're doing remasters. I'm sure I'll prefer some old ones, and some new ones, but at least it'll be something new. Theatrhythm bored the shit out of me because they didn't touch anything. I'd much rather have new versions of FFX songs. I've been listening to the old ones for ten years.

Yeah, absolutely with you there. I'm not yet sure whether I like the new version of the battle theme more than the original, but I love that I now have two versions to compare.

ibqnGSJqpxH88W.gif

The gif should be reversed so the SD shots come before their HD homologues.

TripleSun

news_gc_17_minutes_of_ffx_hd-14515.jpg
O____o Eugh. That face.

I'm at work so I can't DL this. Is there a stream? Does Tidus look like this in the final game? He looks very creepy and scary in this pic. I really hope that this isn't the final version.

Those eyes are going to turn my whole body inside out, NOOOOOOO.

Ostinatto

is it me or every instrument on the song sound pretty loud and bad mixed?
i'm the only one thinking the guitar arrangement is not necessary?

i need to listen the rest of the tracks to make my opinion, but this is not looking good. :(

Myriadis

Battle theme still doesn't sound good. It's still an improvment over the actricious midi-quality of the original version.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I wish i could be excited for this game, but lacking a release date after it's been in development forever makes me so not excited.

TripleSun

I wish i could be excited for this game, but lacking a release date after it's been in development forever makes me so not excited.

Wish I could CALM my hype for this remake. If it is going to be delayed, I have to forget about this coming out for a while, but nope, not when I'm refreshing any FFX HD threads every day.. Lol.

Aurizen

is it me or every instrument on the song sound pretty loud and bad mixed?
i'm the only one thinking the guitar arrangement is not necessary?

i need to listen the rest of the tracks to make my opinion, but this is not looking good. :(

it is loud... but I think we'll get use to it

Hmmm. Well, it certainly looks nice, though the menus are a bit weird. I appreciate what they're doing with the OST, but I hope it includes the option for the original. One of my favorite OSTs of all time. Yet another game on the pile that makes me want a PS3.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
dat battle theme! So fucking hype!

I prefer the old version personally (there's just more "oomph" to it), but the new one is just fine.

I need this. I. Fucking. Need. This. Game.

give-it-to-me.gif

rubius01

I am pleasantly surprised at the music. I loved the original music, listened to it millions of times and was quite skeptical when I heard that they were going to be remixing it. Instead of going all crazy bat-shit with it they kept the original intent and feel. Good for them.

ImmutableObject

Neo Member
I really hope that we see a PS3/Vita cross buy (highly unlikely). I'm hesitant to buy the PS3 version since I will be giving my parents my PS3 once the PS4 comes out. But I would love to pay this on PS3 for a while.

Vashetti

Banned
I really hope that we see a PS3/Vita cross buy (highly unlikely). I'm hesitant to buy the PS3 version since I will be giving my parents my PS3 once the PS4 comes out. But I would love to pay this on PS3 for a while.

It's been confirmed to not be cross-buy.

It supports cross-saves though.

SirNinja

The new music is great. For the first few seconds, I thought it was odd, but that was probably because I've heard the old battle theme twenty million times. I'm really digging it now; replacing low-fi electronic sounds with live instruments makes a hell of a difference.

I wonder if it really will be out this year, though.

RSLYG

meh big deal, it's a weak lame ass battle theme anyway.
The intro and outro are nice, the main riff..bleugh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The battle theme has always been incredibly weak.

I can't wait to cry at the ending again. What was yuna's genius Alexander o smith winning last line again? The people we've met, the places we've been...never forget them...something like that.

YunaSUS

Aurizen

What makes you say that?

well it seems the game will be delayed.. and SE always said this isnt simple as they thought and they would need to do many tweaks.. I say December because to me it makes sense, thats when it came out in the US I believe... so I think it'll take some time, I say FFX is 95-100% done... and X-2 is I say 80-90% done... I was expecting some screen shots of X-2 today... I guess everything will be revealed at TGS

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The battle theme has always been incredibly weak.

I can't wait to cry at the ending again. What was yuna's genius Alexander o smith winning last line again? The people we've met, the places we've been...never forget them...something like that.

YunaSUS

Kween YunaSUS: The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.

tumblr_m3n3mf8qJ61r3xhljo1_500.gif

Soriku

The regular battle theme was never that good. I'm waiting to hear Challenge, Seymour's theme, Besaid town theme, Gagazet Mountain theme, Zanarkand, Otherworld and some others.

The_Monk

I'm sorry if this had been answered before fellow GAFfers, but is there confirmation of a Physical release for these games for the PS Vita? I'm expecting one case with two carts in it or something similar but all this silence and no release date worries me.

I would like to have these two in physical form to save some memory card space. Thanks in advance for answering.

Seda

I'm sorry if this had been answered before fellow GAFfers, but is there confirmation of a Physical release for these games for the PS Vita? I'm expecting one case with two carts in it or something similar but all this silence and no release date worries me.

I would like to have these two in physical form to save some memory card space. Thanks in advance for answering.

There has never been confirmation of physical Vita versions. I think the closest thing to a confirmation (although it is certainly not one) is at PAX East in March when it was announced to be 'sold as two separate discs'. Of course that might just be poor word choice.

Keep telling yourself that.

I think it's perfectly plausible, in that the game's cutscenes currently have worse choreography than that of the original. I think there's plenty of evidence that this game simply isn't going to be ready on time, so yes, it requires more polish before it's ready for release and that's why it's getting delayed.

Top Bottom