• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

Dev team baits forum populace with fishing news

Hello buoys and gills,

Thanks for the feedback on fishing!

As Malithar has said, while I can’t say an ofishal time frame or name any fish as of yet, we do plan on adding certain legendary fish from Adoulin areas to “Inside the Belly”. We’ll be looking into the reward items for these and once there is more information to share I’ll dolphinitely be sure to pass it on to you all.
smile.png

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43283-Fish-Usefulness?p=516257#post516257

Thinking about coming back. It was ages ago when I kicked the habit, back in '07, right after getting my pup to 75. I can't remember any of my login details or the cards I used or anything. I'm going to have to start from scratch. Is there a gaf linkshell I can join if I make the plunge?

ZetaEpyon

Thinking about coming back. It was ages ago when I kicked the habit, back in '07, right after getting my pup to 75. I can't remember any of my login details or the cards I used or anything. I'm going to have to start from scratch. Is there a gaf linkshell I can join if I make the plunge?

Absolutely, we're on Sylph. Send one of us a tell if you get in game, and we'll get you a pearl for the linkshell.

Ouch. What's colonization at? Once a pld shows up and he starts going down / mages start nuking instead of fighting adds to cap bayld, he usually goes down pretty fast.
It can't be that bad. My Salutes hit for 5000-13000 depending on TP. The problem is we have like 12 people here and the PLDs just keep dying.

It's at 60% right now, lol/

EDIT: And somehow I just shot my Animikii bullet, wtf? I have all my other bullet types so tehre's no way I ran out of ammo.

Never doing Kumhau ever again.

Bilix

I am going to give it another shot...besides from the gaffers on there alot of dicks on Sylph

Pretty much. It not so much that the server is a bunch of dicks, rather it's extremely insular. Must groups happen from within Linkshells and any shout that happens is from a lack of something very specific (3+ song bard, Aegis paladin). If you're in the game to progress, you will eventually hit a brick wall. The Linkshells here don't really recruit so either you spend a considerable amount of time gearing up a specific job which will be more difficult without the help to do so, or you spend your nights staring at the chat log in vein. Forming your own parties usually ends up in frustration since there's two groups of people: The ones who are already in linkshells to do content, and the ones that are very casual. Many times you will spend hours forming a party of players that are unfit for the task at hand.

But hey, maybe you'll get lucky.

Seigyoku

Sylph is a small server, and that means some good things and some bad things. (Some people think we're the smallest server at this point.) That does mean less shouts in general, but I do read up on other servers, and it's not like they don't decide to get picky about gear too.

On the upside, Sylph's Salvage zones don't crash Every Single Night, Behemoth lines are manageable, and unlike some larger servers, our JPNs (and some NA/EUs) got Fiat Lux, Plucking Wings and Splitting Heirs opened up in time for the Campaign Festa to start. Plenty of larger servers were caught flat-footed.

About 2 (3?) months ago now a group of the "top" players on Sylph (at least according to the AH ranks) all jumped to Bismark together, which I think is SEs current "solution" to people who want merges - move yourself.

I for one, accept a merge will come one day, but do not look forward to it. For one, 8 of my 10 characters have meaningful names! And I hate congestion.

Now, you can argue, but Saph, you are in several linkshells, so you have people to do stuff with. But really, I fall back on the biggest piece of advice I give to anyone who thinks they want to start this game. Bring a friend along. My brother and I started together, and until we found shells, we played together, fumbling our way through the game. (Well I fumbled.) And even now, sometimes it is just the two of us wandering around getting home points and popping Beastly Shanks.

New folks, people looking for a pearl on sylph, and anyone reading this who actually plays regardless of server should add themselves to the google doc in the OP. Makes it easier to find you if we can put a gaf name to a character name in game.

Yup, sure am.

What's your character name so we can track you down? Talym has been getting everyone before me lately :p

Kandinsky

Sylph is a small server, and that means some good things and some bad things. (Some people think we're the smallest server at this point.) That does mean less shouts in general, but I do read up on other servers, and it's not like they don't decide to get picky about gear too.

On the upside, Sylph's Salvage zones don't crash Every Single Night, Behemoth lines are manageable, and unlike some larger servers, our JPNs (and some NA/EUs) got Fiat Lux, Plucking Wings and Splitting Heirs opened up in time for the Campaign Festa to start. Plenty of larger servers were caught flat-footed.

About 2 (3?) months ago now a group of the "top" players on Sylph (at least according to the AH ranks) all jumped to Bismark together, which I think is SEs current "solution" to people who want merges - move yourself.

I for one, accept a merge will come one day, but do not look forward to it. For one, 8 of my 10 characters have meaningful names! And I hate congestion.

Now, you can argue, but Saph, you are in several linkshells, so you have people to do stuff with. But really, I fall back on the biggest piece of advice I give to anyone who thinks they want to start this game. Bring a friend along. My brother and I started together, and until we found shells, we played together, fumbling our way through the game. (Well I fumbled.) And even now, sometimes it is just the two of us wandering around getting home points and popping Beastly Shanks.
Man I hate mergers, I lost my original name that way, long live Fairy server!.

Everyone doing their daily logins?

Should have enough points to get Star Sybil by now if you have been!
Yup. Haven't missed a day. Dunno what the Star Sybil is but I am going to collect it next time I log in.

Oh yeah, the mog garden is pretty addictive. So when and how do it's harvest spots level up?

Yup. Haven't missed a day. Dunno what the Star Sybil is but I am going to collect it next time I log in.

Oh yeah, the mog garden is pretty addictive. So when and how do it's harvest spots level up?

When you harvest enough from one spot you can buy a ki from the npc that sells them. There's titles associated with gardening enough, so if you're not constantly sporting some HNM title you should be able to see it change.

Boss Mog

Any GAFfers play on Ragnarok? I'm considering returning for a bit but sadly all my friends quit a long time ago and as much as I love it, the game just isn't the same alone.

Varna

Asked this a while ago. I played this game for a bit a few months ago but the it ran so incredibly bad. This game still having issues with modern hardware?

Asked this a while ago. I played this game for a bit a few months ago but the it ran so incredibly bad. This game still having issues with modern hardware?

It's capped at 30 and it can frameskip when there's network latency, but besides that I've never had any issues personally. Nvidia card. I think it's less that it has problems and more that it doesn't take advantage of any of your cool toys.

Boss★Moogle;121376848 said:
Any GAFfers play on Ragnarok? I'm considering returning for a bit but sadly all my friends quit a long time ago and as much as I love it, the game just isn't the same alone.

Come to sylph.

Seigyoku

Boss★Moogle;121380787 said:
I'm guessing transfers are still $25? If so that's not something I could really afford right now on top of the $13 to reactivate.

They are $18 despite what the info page says.

Gojeran

They are $18 despite what the info page says.

This is good info to know. Just added my name to the google doc. I play on Carbuncle currently and unless a friend of mine returns to the game I'll likely move to Sylph like the most of the rest of you. The trusts have been fun to use but as much as I enjoy the kinda older grinding method sometimes it gets really slow after 75.

Boss Mog

Damn now I gotta come back since I just looked at FFXIAH and saw that it's finally time to cash out on an old investment.

Soon after the Lv.90 elemental rings came out I noticed that SE moved the elemental geodes to the Goldsmithing category of the AH since they could be used via Goldsmithing to create elemental gems that could then be used to make Lv.90 elemental rings. At that time I also noticed that the "avatar-ites" were also moved to Goldsmithing but were not part of any Goldsmithing recipe. I then took a chance and assumed that maybe it was because they would eventually be used to create new Lv.99 elemental rings and so I started buying Ifritites for 1k each (the going rate at the time) until i had multiple stacks of 99 (also did a stack of Shivites I think).

I stopped buying them after a while because it didn't seem to be happening and inventory space is always a huge issue for me since I have no mules. I'm kind of regretting not having more faith in myself because apparently the Lv.99 elemental rings were released in the July 2014 update and they do indirectly use "avatar-ites" as materials. Apparently a stack of 99 Ifritites goes for 5 mil on my server. So I'm sitting on 25-30 mil right now.

Reap Greater Rewards with the Skirmish Treasure Coffer
Campaign!

12885.jpg

Personal rewards earned from skirmishes throughout the duration will have an increased chance to be of higher quality.

Applicable areas:
Rala Waterways / Cirdas Caverns / Yorcia Weald / Outer Ra'Kaznar

Campaign period: Thursday, July 24, 2014, at 11:00 p.m. (PDT) to Sunday, July 27 at the same hour.

The higher a treasure coffer's rank, the more likely the adventurer will earn higher-quality skirmish stones. Don't get caught flat footed—prepare yourself for the new content coming in August with the best rewards skirmishes have to offer!

Is that the elemental or the orobon? Everyone gets a free 10k bayld for helping with those btw.
It was the elemental. I solo'd it pretty easily as RUN/DNC, about ready for the Orobon.

Also I did a couple of NNI runs last night to try and get T. Coat. We got shafted both runs. First run was the worst, we got to floor 98 with about 4 or 5 minutes left. It took us to Floor 99 after.... which was all enemies with gears that gave time limit debuff. We lost cause of that one floor.

Second run we got like 4 lamp floors, was dumb.

It was the elemental. I solo'd it pretty easily as RUN/DNC, about ready for the Orobon.

Also I did a couple of NNI runs last night to try and get T. Coat. We got shafted both runs. First run was the worst, we got to floor 98 with about 4 or 5 minutes left. It took us to Floor 99 after.... which was all enemies with gears that gave time limit debuff. We lost cause of that one floor.

Second run we got like 4 lamp floors, was dumb.

Ouch. I leveled sch specifically to do NNI when it was fresh. I managed to get in a group to do it just after they introduced the key item change and floor 100 limit to make it not ridiculous. Was a lot of fun, but it took weeks before we could eke out a win. Once you get one though, they just keep coming.

NNI was the worst shit ever, dont remind me, I think I ever won once, shit luck every damn time.

It was an event that was all about optimization. You had to iterate and iterate and iterate with the same group until you were a few seconds faster. Once you broke that first win wall though it was smooth sailing.

New dev posts lately, mostly boring ones.

No plans to make ??? points universally glow
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...uff-and-other-suggestions?p=516486#post516486

Adoulin battlefields are priority for trust entry, TOAU part 2 is coming next.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43229-Trust-enabled-battlefields?p=516487#post516487

No plans to remove jug pet caps
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...vel-checkparam-item-level?p=516379#post516379

No plans to allow trusts in aby or dyna at this time
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...se-allow-trust-in-abbysea?p=516378#post516378

No plans to make mummer's medals easier to get (this is for mini games in adoulin)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-Mummer-Medal-Acquisition?p=516597#post516597

They intend to enhance dragoon by making the wyvern tougher and retool some things with breaths
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42965-Dragoon-s-Future-as-DD?p=516376#post516376

Seigyoku

Are Trusts allowable in WotG battlefields? I need to finish those.

Not yet. They've stated they have been adding Trusts to mission battles prioritizing ones that let you unlock other Trusts. Right now they are finishing up ToAU. I suspect WotG will come after the Lilisette Trust is introduced.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah August update.

Announcing the August Version Update!
12894.jpg

Get your hard hats on, for the next version update is scheduled to slam into Vana'diel in Mid-August!

This hard hitter features the next exciting chapter in the Seekers of Adoulin main scenario; fresh-off-the-grill alluvion skirmishes; a further foray into the Serpentine Labyrinth with a new area, Ra'Kaznar Inner Court; a command to change multiple pieces of equipment at once; and a treasure trove of new content and changes!

The Trust Initiative will also get splashed with a bit of elbow grease, including a system to enjoy one alter ego in two different ways, a new list specifically for Trust magic, and the addition of new alter egos gained through quest-related cutscenes!

If that's not enough, dig deep into the action with job adjustments, new job point categories, and more battle content adjustments that you can shake Amchuchu's wrench at!

All this and more will be hitting the servers in a few short weeks!

Loona

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah August update.

Nice - I wonder who the new questable Trusts are - lately I've been splitting my time between other games, so I'm mostly logged in for the campaign, but there might be some quests for me to catch up on to get the complete new Trust CSs...

ZetaEpyon

Nice - I wonder who the new questable Trusts are - lately I've been splitting my time between other games, so I'm mostly logged in for the campaign, but there might be some quests for me to catch up on to get the complete new Trust CSs...

Hoping for Lilisette myself...

Seigyoku

Hoping for Lilisette myself...

Aur and I remain pretty sure Lilisette will come in September. They've dropped many hints that getting Atomos (which is supposed to be September) will involve a questline - and one that will be pleasing to people who finished WotG.

And if you've finished WotG, you can connect the dots and see how getting the Atomos avatar and a Lilisette Trust could be linked.

Bento

Yey! Made my new Galka WAR on the Sylph server, will any of the Pearl holders be online anytime soon? I'm EU so probably won't be seeing you lot very much but thought it would be neat to be part of a GAF linkshell :)

Top Bottom