• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

AF and relic are upgradeable to ilevel 109, and then to 119. Empyrean gear has not been upgraded yet. But when it does happen, if you have your gear +2 already, it will probably be a cheaper upgrade (based on the established pattern thus far). Empyrean +2 items (jewels of ardor for example) can be dboxed on the same account, so if you have mules that's extra login points and more easy items.

Basically it's in your best interest to +2 the empyrean gear you care about, and being able to do so with login points is easier than grinding abyssea.

Okay thanks. I already have empy +2 sets for NIN and BLM. Maybe I should look into another.

Okay thanks. I already have empy +2 sets for NIN and BLM. Maybe I should look into another.

They had so many campaigns this year that I wound up +2ing every single empyrean armor set in the game with minimal effort. I had a good head start, but still. I would make the best of this one though. I feel like the frequency of these items appearing will be lower when empy 109 comes out.

They had so many campaigns this year that I wound up +2ing every single empyrean armor set in the game with minimal effort. I had a good head start, but still. I would make the best of this one though. I feel like the frequency of these items appearing will be lower when empy 109 comes out.

Is there a level restriction for participating in the campaign? I have 3 active mules that I'd like to abuse.

saher

Banned
Reposting because this is important:

Login Campaign Details:

12854.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login13.html

The 200 point items are all the empyrean +2 items, in French for some reason. So if you want to get your empy sets complete before they 109 them, this is a good chance.

Just make sure you log in every day and you should be able to get at least 4400-4600 points. That's more than enough to complete a set of empyrean +2 gear. If you have mules, you'll be in an even better position.

Campaign times are:
Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Saturday, August 2 at 7:00 a.m.

Im not sure if should get these or the Kupon I-Seal ..im having a hard time farming brd seals.

Yesterday i did outer ra'kaznar skirmish for the first time, it was fun and i got the KI : D

Im not sure if should get these or the Kupon I-Seal ..im having a hard time farming brd seals.

Yesterday i did outer ra'kaznar skirmish for the first time, it was fun and i got the KI : D

Seals are easier to farm (+2 item monsters are often multi-stage pops), and often times the kupon i-seals drop like candy from the BCNM events they do from time to time now. So you can spam those with friends, and get a bunch of them.

Also what seals do you need and are you on Sylph yet?

Kandinsky

Do you have to grind too much to get to the iLV stuff?, I quitted this game right after Adoulin launched, actually is the expansion necessary to progress in that sense?.

I'm just seeing the DD mage (whm) introduced since then and I cant stop drooling.

Do you have to grind too much to get to the iLV stuff?, I quitted this game right after Adoulin launched, actually is the expansion necessary to progress in that sense?.

I'm just seeing the DD mage (whm) introduced since then and I cant stop drooling.

Most of the ilevel in between gear comes from the expansion. A lot of the top level stuff and AF etc comes from revampled battlefields, and sparks of eminence. Some upgrade materials come from adoulin, but they can be bought on the auction house.

Here's the material lists for the upgrades. You have several options depending on where you're starting on the food chain prior to ilevel.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Relic_Armor
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor_+1
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Relic_Armor_+1

Is it impossible for you to buy the expansion still? It's on steam now.

As far as the grind goes, I don't think it really feels like a grind per say because the mats come from a variety of battlefields that are all pretty fun. You can complete a set of AF 109 papers by buying items on the AH and running through 2-3 rounds of the 5 SKCNM that drop them, assuming you're not the one buying the orbs (everyone gets rewards).

level 119 battlefields require 10-20 merits to enter (from each participant), but you can gain merits from a variety of content including delve, voidwatch, coalition assignments, or even just good old fashioned merit parties (which are possible again in new areas).

Loona

Got a rank 4 and a 5 on bonanza - no idea what to get, might research tomorrow.
Any mnk-centric recommendations?

Kandinsky

Most of the ilevel in between gear comes from the expansion. A lot of the top level stuff and AF etc comes from revampled battlefields, and sparks of eminence. Some upgrade materials come from adoulin, but they can be bought on the auction house.

Here's the material lists for the upgrades. You have several options depending on where you're starting on the food chain prior to ilevel.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Relic_Armor
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor_+1
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Relic_Armor_+1

Is it impossible for you to buy the expansion still? It's on steam now.

As far as the grind goes, I don't think it really feels like a grind per say because the mats come from a variety of battlefields that are all pretty fun. You can complete a set of AF 109 papers by buying items on the AH and running through 2-3 rounds of the 5 SKCNM that drop them, assuming you're not the one buying the orbs (everyone gets rewards).

level 119 battlefields require 10-20 merits to enter (from each participant), but you can gain merits from a variety of content including delve, voidwatch, coalition assignments, or even just good old fashioned merit parties (which are possible again in new areas).

I feel like I reactivated the wrong FFMMO damn lol. I'm not very familiar with steam or amazon for that matter, lets say I buy the expansion, would I be able to dload the whole game from those services?.

Blue Mage Adjustments:

Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback on blue mage. We’ll be sure to inform the development team.

In the meantime, however, I did receive some word about some upcoming plans. In the August version update they will be making it so physical blue magic spells will receive effects from food, songs, and rolls.

This is something that will affect battle balance in a big way, so the team will be making adjustments very carefully; however, they would like to make it so blue mages can really use their magic to shine.

Pretty interesting. Should have a pretty large effect on blu casting.

Seigyoku

Waiting for the Freshly Pickled Digest translation is TORTURE.

AND I WATCHED THE THING WHILE IT STREAMED!

(Did I mention I am super bored?)

My crab in my Mog Garden lost its basket and it keeps getting smaller. It's going to be an STD soon.

lol.

The mini crabs are the normal size, they change one out once in a while for events. You also usually get event furniture by your table and chair.

Also:

"Freshly Picked Vana'diel 9" was summarized.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43262-“Freshly-Picked-Vana’diel-9”-Digest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UC2Bkiw89A

Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
*The video shows off an area that is in-development.

The next version update is slated for mid-August. This is a large-scale version update where we’ll be continuing the Adoulin storyline and opening up new areas.

In addition to this, we’ll be adding new battle content for Skirmish, adding new job point categories, introducing different versions of alter egos, implementing a new equipment swapping feature, and much more! I hope you are all looking forward to it.

I'll have to give a heads up next time I stream. I'm not doing much exciting besides playing catch up, but for people considering returning it might be interesting to watch me progress.

I'll mention next time I'm on or you can follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/spiritreaver

Nearly done with VW bosses to unlock Wildfire quest. I'm thinking of just going the magian path up until Abyssea NMs then switching to the WoE quest with reduced currency. The NM part of those weapons really isn't all that bad, especially once you get to the abyssite part.

Also finally unlocked all the WKRs and managed to get some bayld along the way. Just waiting for that shout. :)

Also have all the tale's for PUP reforged relic legs, and halfway done with body. Just need to farm some Dyna for the gil. Things are going smoothly. :)

I'll have to give a heads up next time I stream. I'm not doing much exciting besides playing catch up, but for people considering returning it might be interesting to watch me progress.

I'll mention next time I'm on or you can follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/spiritreaver

Nearly done with VW bosses to unlock Wildfire quest. I'm thinking of just going the magian path up until Abyssea NMs then switching to the WoE quest with reduced currency. The NM part of those weapons really isn't all that bad, especially once you get to the abyssite part.

Also finally unlocked all the WKRs and managed to get some bayld along the way. Just waiting for that shout. :)

Also have all the tale's for PUP reforged relic legs, and halfway done with body. Just need to farm some Dyna for the gil. Things are going smoothly. :)

You're making some pretty great progress. Do you make your own shouts typically or join others?

You're making some pretty great progress. Do you make your own shouts typically or join others?
A little of both. I prefer to just play the game by ear and join things as shouts come as it just makes the game feel less like a chore.

But when I really want a specific thing done (like the early Rem's chapters) I do some shouting.

A little of both. I prefer to just play the game by ear and join things as shouts come as it just makes the game feel less like a chore.

But when I really want a specific thing done (like the early Rem's chapters) I do some shouting.

Come to sylph already! We can always use more people willing to put events together.

I want to get to a point where I don't feel so under geared because I already felt that way even before Seekers :( lol At least then I could be of use.

I want to get to a point where I don't feel so under geared because I already felt that way even before Seekers :( lol At least then I could be of use.

Get to adoulin and start working on coalitions and quests. If you catch up with that stuff, it's easier to include you in stuff when I go-a-rampaging. Access to some of the events like wildskeepers is locked behind coalition progress, and having the adoulin currency bayld. You can also get some decent 117 gear from adoulin that's better than sparks gear.

Husker86

So I want to farm Dynamis once I get to 99...I'm far better off getting my NIN to 99 before my PLD for that, right?

I'll be getting PLD relic, but I want the best job for solo Dynamis (at least the best out of NIN or PLD).

Come to sylph already! We can always use more people willing to put events together.
I'm deeply considering it. I have no one here on Lak, no one, lol. I just don't know if my friend is returning or not.

Also just realized COR can very easily solo high tier lair reives. So I've been farming them for JSE capes and bayld. Almost got capes for all my mains, PUP, SCH, RUN down. Just need COR. :)

Jarekx

Started playing a couple of days ago. I've only had small bits of time to play. Does getting the chocobo license still take like 6 hours?

Edit: Whoops. Now I'm dead in Mhaura. Was taking the ferry and came back dead. I guess things attack the boats? I'm such a noob. :p

Loona

Started playing a couple of days ago. I've only had small bits of time to play. Does getting the chocobo license still take like 6 hours?

Edit: Whoops. Now I'm dead in Mhaura. Was taking the ferry and came back dead. I guess things attack the boats? I'm such a noob. :p

They changed a few timers for quests, although I don't recall if the Chocobo license was ono of them.

Occasionally pirate skeletons atrack the Selbina-Mhaura ferry, but you should be safe if you stay in the bottom area.

Brigandier

I am considering coming over to Sylph as I play pretty much casually now I do a ARII and Dyna run once per day to finish off my Excal then rest is messing around as my ls never do anything anymore abd if they do it is yorcia delve spam..... yawn.

Are you on sylph?

Double Salvage Plans Campaign:
12875.jpg

Throughout the Double Salvage Plan Drop Campaign, the drop rates for plans will increase in the applicable remnants.

Applicable remnants
Zhaylom Remnants II / Arrapago Remnants II / Bhaflau Remnants II / Silver Sea Remnants II

Applicable plans:
Bloodshed Plans / Umbrage Plans / Ritualistic Plans / Tutelary Plans / Primacy Plans

Campaign Period: Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 11:00 p.m. (PDT) to Sunday, August 3 at the same hour.

Kandinsky

Anyone knows where in the folders are the macros stored?, I dont think the ones I have on their servers are updated at all and I found a copy of the game installed in my old laptop.

Edit: nvm found them!

katagai

I recently returned to game, and while I've been able to progress solo with the help of trusts, I seem to be running into one roadblock after another. Is there anyone in the Slyph LS still doing pre-Abyssea content?

I recently returned to game, and while I've been able to progress solo with the help of trusts, I seem to be running into one roadblock after another. Is there anyone in the Slyph LS still doing pre-Abyssea content?

If you need help with something it shouldn't be too hard to find it. I know when I'm free I don't mind assisting.

What are you looking to do?

katagai

If you need help with something it shouldn't be too hard to find it. I know when I'm free I don't mind assisting.

What are you looking to do?

Honestly, there's a ton of stuff I still need to do, I'm just not sure what I'll be able to solo once I hit 80:

- Rank 9 Bastok missions (currently on 9-1)
- CoP missions for sea access (currently on 3-5)
- Zilart missions (not sure where I'm even at or if I've even started it yet)
- Savage Blade NM in Altepa Gate (wasn't able to clear the room fast enough to fight the NM alone)
- WoTG missions to rank up past Stars rank (been looking to get Cobra pieces, but might not be worth it at this point)

I've never done Dynamis before, and would like to try and get blue mage relic pieces, but unsure if it's even worth it now. Same with Nyzul and getting a Tizona.

I stopped playing around A Crystalline Prophecy and not sure if finishing that and the other two addons are worth it either.

Honestly, there's a ton of stuff I still need to do, I'm just not sure what I'll be able to solo once I hit 80:

- Rank 9 Bastok missions (currently on 9-1)
- CoP missions for sea access (currently on 3-5)
- Zilart missions (not sure where I'm even at or if I've even started it yet)
- Savage Blade NM in Altepa Gate (wasn't able to clear the room fast enough to fight the NM alone)
- WoTG missions to rank up past Stars rank (been looking to get Cobra pieces, but might not be worth it at this point)

I've never done Dynamis before, and would like to try and get blue mage relic pieces, but unsure if it's even worth it now. Same with Nyzul and getting a Tizona.

I stopped playing around A Crystalline Prophecy and not sure if finishing that and the other two addons are worth it either.

Mission stuff is no prob, just tell people when you need help with a fight. Might not be able to do it the second you ask, but usually folks are pretty reasonable about setting something up in advance. That said, most mission fights are pretty easy now for anyone with 99 and current gear.

I'm about to go into dyna solo, which I do from time to time for money and to work on relics. I don't need any gear, so if you want to tag along and snag stuff it's cool. There's a few of us in the same boat if you catch them at the right time.

If anything you'd have some folks to talk to, so come join us.

saher

Banned
Been doing alot of outer ra'kaznar skirmish lately, its my favorite thing to do in the game atm.

Also am trying to get tojil's KI but no luck yet ....

Abyssea is definitely this game's black sheep right now. I can't get seals at all. I don't have people to help me proc/kill. My BLM isn't well geared enough to kill quickly solo, and my solo jobs can't proc. Really frustrating lol.

I'm surprised they still have the weakness system in place. Hopefully when reforged empy hits they fix this shit.

Abyssea is definitely this game's black sheep right now. I can't get seals at all. I don't have people to help me proc/kill. My BLM isn't well geared enough to kill quickly solo, and my solo jobs can't proc. Really frustrating lol.

I'm surprised they still have the weakness system in place. Hopefully when reforged empy hits they fix this shit.

Come to syllllllph.

You can also do quests in some zones for random seals once a day if that helps.

Come to syllllllph.

You can also do quests in some zones for random seals once a day if that helps.
Yes, I think I'm gonna move here in a few. :) I've been mulling over the option all day.

On the bright side I decided to just stay PUP since I wreck almost everything in Abyssea, faster kill speeds > slow speed with proc. Finished COR hands +1 and killed Dragua for fun and got 2 +2 seals. Yay.

I am going to give it another shot...besides from the gaffers on there alot of dicks on Sylph

What soured your experience?

The endgame crowd definitely has certain expectations for folks looking to play ball, and can get pissy when they aren't met. I've been on both ends of that deal before.

Top Bottom