• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Confirmed - 2011 In Japan, Winter (Late Dec-March) In The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Regulus Tera said:
One would think your faith in Squeenix would dwindle after a while.

It's down there, don't worry. Agito looks really amazing though and will likely redeem them somewhat.

Yoshiya

The... the... music... what have they done!? XIII's music was so good!

I think I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, I'm hyped to be honest.

An HD RPG this year! Woot!

Yoshiya said:
The... the... music... what have they done!? XIII's music was so good!

I think I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep now.

It's giving me X-2 vibes, with Lightning's ass hanging out and the popped-up music.

Definitely not a good sign!

szaromir

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
Teaser trailers. Pretty much exactly the same, if not better, than the meaningless drudge shown at the VGAs for titles such as Skyrim or SSX4.
What was the reaction for themthe SSX4 trailer? People called out the bullshit right away, here should be similar.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is... is that a Gunblade I see in those bad quality scans?

Are they linking FF8 to FF13, seriously? I mean I know the world designer was the lead dude for 13 (and that's why I was interested) but come on. D:

DaBuddaDa

szaromir said:
What was the reaction for themthe SSX4 trailer? People called out the bullshit right away, here should be similar.
I mean they are both quick teaser trailers, that show a quick glimpse at a character and the setting and little else. You can debate the quality of said character and setting, but that's besides the point.

TheSeks said:

Are they linking FF8 to FF13, seriously? I mean I know the world designer was the lead dude for 13 (and that's why I was interested) but come on. D:
Lightinng's weapon has always been a gunblade, since the 2006 trailer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Here's the new guy:

35iybdz.jpg

X-Frame

Wow, really?

I was under the impression that most of the XIII team moved to help finish Versus's development .. but that's not the case? And Versus STILL has no release date? Uhh ..

Mr_Elysia

Ten-Two was much more memorable to me than it's predecessor, here's to hoping Thirteen-Two follows the trend. They're starting off on the right foot at least, in my opinion, Lightning was one of the few redeeming qualities of Thirteen.

I will buy it, on release, at full price, with that in mind. The franchise is quickly burning it's last bridges. Not sure how many on-faith purchases I have left in me.

Steroyd

TheSeks said:

She had a gunblade in the first one.

Just caught the trailer... they added a half skirt to... is that standard with every mainline sequel now or something?

Josh7289

mmmm, I'm so excited for this trailer on the 20th.

There really couldn't be a better announcement to come out of this conference.

Or well... actually. The whole Fabula Nova Crystallis thing is just so incredible. FF13 was amazing and all the future games in the series look so high quality. This is a height of gaming, so I'm going to enjoy it now for all it's worth.

Pooya

TheSeks said:

qqqqc2w.jpg

looks like it has a transforming mechanism, and what is that? dual blade? or the blade has bayonet? o_O

what are those golden things? latest fashion design by Nomura? xD
Is that a zipper on her her stomach area?

TheSeks

Yoshiya said:
Uh, what? Lightning uses a gunblade. She did all through XIII.

I have bad taste said:
Lightinng's weapon has always been a gunblade, since the 2006 trailer.

No, not hers (though I didn't know that. Really need to play FF13), the dude on the left. It looks like Squall's gunblade which seems really out of place in FF13's world. Or maybe it's just the few art shots. FF13 seems more futuristic than 8's world, and it seems weird using 8's design in 13.

Flakster99

After FF13 and what the game stood for, not for me at all. Pass. May consider renting down the road to see what the eventual fuss was all about.

Kaldea

Lightning's outfit looks better than the last one even though she still has that awful hair. Still not touching this
unless every single annoying character goes missing/is replaced and the game ends up being nothing like FFXIII

Pooya

TheSeks said:
No, not hers (though I didn't know that. Really need to play FF13), the dude on the left. It looks like Squall's gunblade which seems really out of place in FF13's world. Or maybe it's just the few art shots. FF13 seems more futuristic than 8's world, and it seems weird using 8's design in 13.
This game doesn't look anything like XIII world, it's just so different.
I guess it makes sense going by the story,
she probably is not even on Pulse

TheSeks

miladesn said:
This game doesn't look anything like XIII world, it's just so different.
I guess it makes sense going by the story,
she probably is not even on Pulse

If that's the case, they're going to secretly troll me like they did 10/X->7/VII's connection, aren't they? D:

Not that I would complain. More FF8 is fine with me. All over my face, and then give me another FF12/FF12IZJS to go with it, Square.

7Th

Combichristoffersen said:
Eh, I liked Vanille, and wouldn't mind more of her tits and ass. But no Snow or Hope, please. Those two are two of the most obnoxious, shitty characters in any game I've ever played.

I'm pretty sure Snow is coming back. The game was first hinted at at some silly epilogue light novel in which they were all thinking about saving
Vanille and Fang
and Snow had one of those "premonitory dreams" Japanese writers like so much.

MechaX

Well... at the very least they stuck with Lightning. Perhaps the other characters can just fall into some kind of black abyss or maybe they can get the Mass Effect 2 treatment of just sending awesome e-mails/text-messages without ever actually appearing. Ever.

And maybe Toriyama figured out how to write a decent story between this and Third Birthday! ... Fat chance, I know.

Given how FFXIII's battle system was the least offensive thing to me, I'll wait until the gameplay trailers to come out before making any judgment or opinion.

hirokazu

Sorry guys, I'm sold.

It's not like I was gonna skip a non-online numbered FF game anyway. :|

This will end in tears, but they could be tears of awesome.

Zoe

MechaX said:
Well... at the very least they stuck with Lightning. Perhaps the other characters can just fall into some kind of black abyss or maybe they can get the Mass Effect 2 treatment of just sending awesome e-mails/text-messages without ever actually appearing. Ever.

Guess you haven't read the epilogue.

I actually liked FF13, but FFX-2 sucked so much story/character&presentation-wise, basically taking a dump on FFX. Not sure what to think of XIII-2 now. *insert lol-icon*
I don't like sequels of FF games anyway as the reason I play them all is that they are being completely independent games. I hope XIII-2 at least won't re-use most of the locations like X-2 did.

Would have preferred reasonable priced DLC episodes extending FFXIII's story with new (side?) chapters and areas (TOWNS).

2San

Even though I despise FFXIII. I somehow don't mind this. The assets used in FFXIII seems wasted on that game, might as well use it again. Not buying it though, unless it somehow turns good(will be basing this on what a certain gaffers think).

That guy reminds me of Vayne(FFXII)

okay saw the small trailer. idk what to think overall. I wonder if they changed the gameplay or anything. but i mean what is there to change? i doubt they'll completely decide to revamp. but omg. i want. i'm glad it's coming out next year for us. not going to preorder the JP version time around.

Majine said:
I think it's kinda disrespectful to announce another game in the XIII-universe when they've barely given any new info on Versus XIII for a long time.

I think they should just can this game, Versus, forget that this XIII bullshit ever existed and move on to make FF15.

Zoe

Misterinenja said:
I think they should just can this game, Versus, forget that this XIII bullshit ever existed and move on to make FF15.

If anything, they're going to drop the "XIII" just like they did for Agito. They won't make it a new number.

szaromir

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
I mean they are both quick teaser trailers, that show a quick glimpse at a character and the setting and little else. You can debate the quality of said character and setting, but that's besides the point.
So people should go just "yay! new Final Fantasy!" and ignore the content of the trailer altogether?

I predict it'll be very much like a generic RPG this time around. No more linear action, scoring system, difficulty, etc.

You'll get exactly what you wanted!

hamchan

This is good, another chance for SE. I felt XIII's detailed world was wasted with the first game, here's hoping XIII-2 is good.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Castor Krieg said:
Why is she dressed in some medieval-type knight armor? Why is that place looking like a temple of some sorts? Some time-travel crap?
As pointed out earlier, the armor has a lot of resemblance to her summon, Odin. And also there were plenty of ruins on Pulse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom