• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Confirmed - 2011 In Japan, Winter (Late Dec-March) In The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbun

Well, it’s a bit premature to say I am not going to buy it, but SE is going to have change the game a lot before I have any inclination of purchasing it as the only thing I really liked about XIII was the graphics.

7Th said:
I'm pretty sure Snow is coming back. The game was first hinted at at some silly epilogue light novel in which they were all thinking about saving
Vanille and Fang
and Snow had one of those "premonitory dreams" Japanese writers like so much.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DonMigs85

DY_nasty said:
As pointed out earlier, the armor has a lot of resemblance to her summon, Odin. And also there were plenty of ruins on Pulse...
Are you saying that they now possibly merge with their Eidolons like some sort of Powermaster Transformers toy?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DonMigs85 said:
Are you saying that they now possibly merge with their Eidolons like some sort of Powermaster Transformers toy?
HEROES, etc.

DonMigs85 said:

At least they'll apparently look less stupid than their actual summons.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DonMigs85 said:

... I'm okay with this.

Lightening has some BDSM fetish going on, and that's my bag, baby.

Looks to be an improvement over 13, provided they fix the linearity. Now, I just need to torture myself go through 13 before 13-2 is out.

DonMigs85

TheSeks said:
... I'm okay with this.

Lightening has some BDSM fetish going on, and that's my bag, baby.

Looks to be an improvement over 13, provided they fix the linearity. Now, I just need to torture myself go through 13 before 13-2 is out.
It's like Digimon Frontier or something.

DR2K

Banned
I just want it to be good, this could be the game that helps bring FF back into the spotlight. Please be good. Please be good.

hatchx said:
Yes please.

FFXIII was such a godawful game, but it was so beautiful.

Keep the graphics, add+

-non-linear gameplay
-towns, sidequests, exploration
-more challenge. Don't hold my hand please
-no whiny characters

One whiny character is ok...
to direct my hate towards

Really hoping they can take the assets of the first game and just add in every way. Hopefully the extra 2 years is enough for HD towns.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
demosthenes said:
One whiny character is ok...
to direct my hate towards

Really hoping they can take the assets of the first game and just add in every way. Hopefully the extra 2 years is enough for HD towns.

Honestly, I think this is the biggest reason we're getting a "sequel." They have the assests, they can make money on it quickly doing some improvements and regain some fans.

It's probably why 13: Versus is taking a backseat right now.

I like Lightning's new design, though I also liked her previous design quite a bit.

I wonder when we'll get to see gameplay, and I wonder if Hamauzu will be composing again (PLEASE!!!!)

They've pretty much admitted that this'll be addressing some of the complaints about FFXIII, so I'm hoping there'll be tons of sidequesting.

LiK

I might actually punish myself and get this. The FFXIII ending was terrible so this will clear things up, hopefully. LoL

DonMigs85

badcrumble said:
I like Lightning's new design, though I also liked her previous design quite a bit.

I wonder when we'll get to see gameplay, and I wonder if Hamauzu will be composing again (PLEASE!!!!)

They've pretty much admitted that this'll be addressing some of the complaints about FFXIII, so I'm hoping there'll be tons of sidequesting.
Which hopefully isn't just composed of battling enemies!

Elios83

Square Enix said that they're aiming to surpass FFXIII in every aspect, so we can expect HD towns, right? :D :D
Btw I can't wait to know why Lightining has become a valchiria LOL

Haunted

hirokazu said:
Sorry guys, I'm sold.

It's not like I was gonna skip a non-online numbered FF game anyway. :|

This will end in tears, but they could be tears of awesome.
DShbq.jpg

Wiseguy, eh?

IuPTL.jpg

Elios83 said:
Square Enix said that they're aiming to surpass FFXIII in every aspect, so we can expect HD towns, right? :D :D
Btw I can't wait to know why Lightining has become a valchiria LOL

The tubes are now straight. No more turning.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
TheSeks said:
It's probably why 13: Versus is taking a backseat right now.
I don't think Versus is taking a backseat, I just think that it still isn't done.

Your right though about having all the assets and tech up for this. Hopefully they can do a lot more with gameplay this time around.

matmanx1

I'm fine with this. I enjoyed XIII despite it's flaws. The production values were insane and reached a level that few other world wide studios ever reach. I also enjoyed (and am still enjoying) the soundtrack and look forward to the new tracks for XIII-2.

Ezalc

Only good thing about this so far is that Lightning looks hotter in it. So maybe there's hope.

EDIT: I don't mean the shitty character Hope.

7Th

For anyone interested, here is a summary of the epilogue light novel that was supposed to set-up this game. We were probably quite foolish when we were denying the existence of XIII-2 a few months ago:

Later, Lightning decides to go on her own journey to find a way to save Fang and Vanille. She believes the answer might be somewhere in an unexplored area of Gran Pulse, and that people may have managed to survive all the years after the War of Transgression. Without telling the others, Lightning runs off spurred by a strange feeling, with the belief that the fight is far from over.

YES! Really looking forward to this!

The biggest surprise, however, is the name. With all of S-E's bizarre naming habits, I'm shocked they went with just "XIII-2"... :D

JudgeN

I can't wait for gameplay details, if they can fix what was wrong with FFXIII they would have a pretty good game excusing the story.

I honestly don't get why they're making a sequel. X-2 shared nothing in common with X other than the graphics and scenario. Everything else was changed. The scenario was the main problem with XIII. I don't get why they want to revisit this world or these characters. The ending was some of the dumbest fucking shit in recent memory and the possible story about Snow leading a charge to save Vanilla and Fang is probably the worst idea Watanabe has had as writer, and he hasn't had a single good idea. Well, maybe they'll keep the battle system. Also apprehensive because X-2 reused mob groups like crazy (Enjoy fighting two of enemy A, and one of enemy C for the next 12 battles with no changes) and you can't do that with this battle system without going into even greater repetition due to the fact that there's no MP to manage.

7Th

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I honestly don't get why they're making a sequel. X-2 shared nothing in common with X other than the graphics and scenario. Everything else was changed. The scenario was the main problem with XIII. I don't get why they want to revisit this world or these characters. The ending was some of the dumbest fucking shit in recent memory and the possible story about Snow leading a charge to save Vanilla and Fang is probably the worst idea Watanabe has had as writer, and he hasn't had a single good idea. Well, maybe they'll keep the battle system. Also apprehensive because X-2 reused mob groups like crazy (Enjoy fighting two of enemy A, and one of enemy C for the next 12 battles with no changes) and you can't do that with this battle system without going into even greater repetition due to the fact that there's no MP to manage.

It's Lightning going off by herself to save Vanille and Fang, though.

It will suck because they're probably giving Lightning a male love interest. Fuck that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom