• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 E3 Information Thread [Trailer, BioWare Storytelling, More]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good stuff! :)

I for one love the boob work Serah got O_O

wlKiu.jpg

Nice write up, Kagari.

I'm not sure on the music either, however I think it's interesting that they are incorporating compositions from several different composers this time round.

I enjoyed XIII's battle system so I'm looking forward to a tightened up version of it for the sequel, I don't like the abundance of QTE though. That sucks.

It was interesting to note that you could see a noticable difference between platforms once again, I guess Square Enix really don't care about whatever platform they are porting to. Which is maybe why we never saw The Last Remnant PS3. If they botch the Crystal Tools this badly on 360, I can't even begin to imagine what a late port of an U3E game would translate to on PS3.

It's a shame there is less FMV this time. It was so good in the last game, it seems like a step back to dial it down for the sequel. Hoping we still get a fair amount.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yoshichan said:
Good stuff! :)

I for one love the boob work Serah got O_O

wlKiu.jpg

Hmmm... I kinda like the FFXIII Serah more though.

serah-farron1.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
badcrumble said:
To be fair the side-pigtail is incredibly stupid looking in both versions of her design.

Let's just hope that the side pigtail less stiff in XIII-2.

While there are only slight differences between the two versions of Serah, I can't put my finger on what exactly makes her new model look so much like it comes from Star Ocean 4

michaeltraps said:
While there are only slight differences between the two versions of Serah, I can't put my finger on what exactly makes her new model look so much like it comes from Star Ocean 4

The shitty non-modern clothing.

Cornbread78

badcrumble said:
To be fair the side-pigtail is incredibly stupid looking in both versions of her design.

The Side pony is popular with teanage America right now... Just sayin' This is SE afterall..

Western influance for a western audience (SE loves you!)

Cornbread78 said:
The Side pony is popular with teanage America right now... Just sayin' This is SE afterall..

Western influance for a western audience (SE loves you!)
Rebecca Black to sing the American version's end credits song

ULTROS! said:
Hmmm... I kinda like the FFXIII Serah more though.
http://the13thcrystal.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/serah-farron1.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=The Praiseworthy]She would look so much more better without it:
[IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2696/unledffw.jpg[IMG]
Actually, she is hot without it ;)[/QUOTE]

The difference is amazing... this could be one of those "facebook you" vs "real you" memes that popped up in the Funny Pics thread at some point

[QUOTE=Cornbread78]The Side pony is popular with teanage America right now... Just sayin' This is SE afterall..

[spoiler]Western influance for a western audience (SE loves you!)[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Sometimes it is good to feel old and out of touch with youth America

This is one of those times...

Zoe

Aeana said:
So tempted to see how awful I'd look with that.

I can't bring myself to do all the teasing and hot iron stuff that all of these tutorials use.

(plus my hair's too long for a lot of the good styles)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Appollowexx said:
It's a shame there is less FMV this time. It was so good in the last game, it seems like a step back to dial it down for the sequel. Hoping we still get a fair amount.

When trying to recoup costs, you don't spend millions on even more expensive CG cinemas.

ULTROS!

Hey, if there's an equivalent FMV of FFX's kissing scene in Lake Macalana, I hope there's a Serah and Noel kissing scene in Lake Bresha. :p

xion4360

Appollowexx said:
Damn the character models really do look worse this time round. Jeez.

actually, the models are better. These cutscenes are entirely in real time, so compared to the ones in 13 that were real-time. Serah's model looks largely the same aside from glossier, better animated hair.. and thats compared to her 13 model that only ever appeared in pre-recorded cinemas.

ULTROS! said:
Hey, if there's an equivalent FMV of FFX's kissing scene in Lake Macalana, I hope there's a Serah and Noel kissing scene in Lake Bresha. :p

it might still be crystallized

dramatis

xion4360 said:
actually, the models are better. These cutscenes are entirely in real time, so compared to the ones in 13 that were real-time. Serah's model looks largely the same aside from glossier, better animated hair.. and thats compared to her 13 model that only ever appeared in pre-recorded cinemas.
The head model isn't better, it's the same one. Serah did appear in in-game cutscenes (pretty sure the flashback ones are realtime).

Cornbread78

ULTROS! said:

But what about Snow? That's not fair, he was a cool dude man....

BTW, I finally had a chance to read the whole thing, good write up...

Question though from this line:
"Some of the new additions to location interactions can be seen almost immediately within the “town” area that the characters are in."

These "town areas", are there buildings and areas that you can enter and look around?

xion4360

Maybe this will help showing some improvements. Direct comparison for Serah, Hair moves more naturally now and the sheen gives it a look closer to CG.

http://youtu.be/lp3HeQeVFBg

Also to note, the E3 trailer is from a build older than the E3 demo, I can tell because of cosmetic changes like the TARGET enemy health bar being different, Party names now change color with role. It also let's you see how things with the graphics improve, for example. The glow around targeted enemies as well as friendly monster in the party improved from an older build, where it was pretty much as it was in FFXIII. So the graphics are improving. the muddy textures, framerate drops or whatever are things I dont go on about until the game is closer to release, in the meantime I like to see what is getting better. Like moving foliage helps the environment feel more alive.

10d6wqg.jpg

2ed6xzk.jpg

Noel's weapons combine into a spear

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
M_Night said:
As long as we can purchase items and equipment from actual NPC's this time round I will be pleased.

Nice write up, btw.

Yeah, they said you'll be able to purchase from shops this time around.

Kalnos

Banned
ULTROS! said:

I have to say, your love of that cancerous scene in FFX cancels out nearly all awesome-points you get from the name Ultros. The ending scene is much better, though.

ULTROS!

Kalnos said:
I have to say, your love of that cancerous scene in FFX cancels out nearly all awesome-points you get from the name Ultros. The ending scene is much better, though.

No doubt about it.

Hey, at least FFX's love scene is much better than FFXIII's love scene. :p

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
No doubt about it.

Hey, at least FFX's love scene is much better than FFXIII's love scene. :p
I really like FF13's. Song is really nice, too. I keep a save there so I can watch it whenever I want.

ULTROS!

Aeana said:
I really like FF13's. Song is really nice, too. I keep a save there so I can watch it whenever I want.

The English one or the Japanese one?

The Japanese kissing scene has the song that I like (Eternal Love)... Which of course they removed in the English version which makes it eh. :(

If you're speaking about the English one, well... I know your reasons. :p

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
The English one or the Japanese one?

The Japanese kissing scene has the song that I like (Eternal Love)... Which of course they removed in the English version which makes it eh. :(

If you're speaking about the English one, well... I know your reasons. :p
I like both. Eternal Love is a very nice song, and the English version plays Serah's theme, which is really nice in itself.

Jeels

So at first I was less excited, but after doing a perfect trophy playthrough of XIII, I am so ready for XIII-2. It's going to be great.

I just want to see Snow, Sahz, and Hope though. The disappearance of Snow is especially weird considering his once innocent and weak wife is off traversing the world with a strange man. Maybe Snow went off to look for Lightning as well in place of Serah but never returned? That sounds like something he would do to make her happy.

Cornbread78

Jeels said:
So at first I was less excited, but after doing a perfect trophy playthrough of XIII, I am so ready for XIII-2. It's going to be great.

I just want to see Snow, Sahz, and Hope though. The disappearance of Snow is especially weird considering his once innocent and weak wife is off traversing the world with a strange man. Maybe Snow went off to look for Lightning as well in place of Serah but never returned? That sounds like something he would do to make her happy.

LOL, I still have two trophies left to get for platinum, "Adament Will" & "Treasure Hunter" The turtles will not die before the DOOM counter kicks in and I need to do that one before I can get the Treasure hunter one, unless I farm for gold nuggents for about 10 days straight on the back of a Chocobo. as the game comes closer I will probably go back and struggle through the last two, but I have to get in the right mindset first....

Top Bottom