• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

Kagari said:
f2.jpg

So this screen is implying a stealth gimmick with those spotlights? I guess it means environments won't be devoid of interactivity this time.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Kagari said:
They've said there's not going to be a day/night cycle like there is in Versus.

Ouch! So I guess it's plot-related the difference between now and the one at sunset appeared the other day from the same place.

I like the new city especially, a bit more "grand" than what they shown 'till now to us. Hyped again :D

Perfo said:
andriasang just shared some new info taken from Famitsu's interview on characters:

"Famitsu's preview of Final Fantasy XIII-2 this week includes a discussion from character designers Yusuke Naora and Toshitaka Matsuda.

Naora discussed his work on main characters Noel and Serah. For Noel, he gave the character light clothing because he's a hunter, but he made sure that the clothing wouldn't make him look too delicate. He also minded some of the details like making Noel's hip bag hold a hunters knife. For the characters's dual swords, he used a color from Yoshitaka Amano's Final Fantasy 3 illustration work.

Regarding Serah, Naora was asked by the director (I presume he's talking about Motomu Toriyama) to make tight clothing, something like a "plug suit" (I'm going to guess he's talking about the plug suit from Evangelion). Her necklace was originally something else, but he was told to make it into that necklace, suggesting that there could be something story-related.

Toshitaka Matsuda, the game's lead art designer, worked on design of the Moogle that accompanies Serah. He was originally a Final Fantasy fan and loved Moogles, so when he was asked to design the Moogle, he was both honored and nervous. The order that came down from above was he make the Moogle into a cute Mascot-style existence. He designed the character in the image of an infant, and redrew the design over and over again until the head shape and body line would match just perfectly.

Famitsu also has some character sketch work for the Moogle. You may be able to find it online if you look around."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/ffxiii_2_character_designers/

Oh fuck yeah- Yusuke Naora!!!
Although interesting that he's doing character designs, as opposed to location art direction (FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, and Type 0). I really missed him on FFXIII, although Type 0's art direction is fantastic.

Regardless, I always liked his character designs for the game that was eventually made into FFX. Really unique... and I'd love for them to take that style and use it for a future FF.
Early_FFX_-_Tidus_prototype_and_co%3F.jpg

TheJollyCorner said:
Oh fuck yeah- Yusuke Naora!!!
Although interesting that he's doing character designs, as opposed to location art direction (FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, and Type 0). I really missed him on FFXIII, although Type 0's art direction is fantastic.

Regardless, I always liked his character designs for the game that was eventually made into FFX. Really unique... and I'd love for them to take that style and use it for a future FF.
Early_FFX_-_Tidus_prototype_and_co%3F.jpg

Hugely underrated artist.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have a feeling Noel will be the next "Snow of the cheesy lines".

Synless

I know there was a joke about Noel looking like Yuna at some point, but I seriously thought when Serah and Noel just started coming out of that wormhole that it was Yuna.

Aeana

Noel sounds like Jason Marsden. Better than Yuri Lowenthal at least.

Also, always lovely to see more Gadot action.

Synless

rataven said:
Do we know that they haven't? Aside from Team Nora, but they're dweebs.
I was referring to Team Nora, I am sure that all of the old characters have new costumes. It seems that way anyways.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aeana said:
Gadot was cooler than half of the FF13 cast, so I dunno why people are telling him to go away. :(

They just hate FFXIII. :p

I mean seriously, Sazh, Fang, and Gadot (if he counts) are the decent ones among the playable characters.

coccw.jpg

wow..... so so so so beautiful :eek:

and the trailer is really great too.... but damn for no character changes in 5 years!!!

Hope is the same 19 as he was 14, WTF?

Thoraxes

Holy shit that was great.

Also I am really loving the electric guitar that Mizuta's influence is bringing to the soundtrack. The combination of Hamauzu and him for collaborations is just too great and you can definitely hear both of them in the music. Not to mention you can hear the electronics of Suzuki on this too.

Also we have a little bit more direction on how the story will work a little. Is Snow only a good friend to you who made some promise Serah?!?!? WHERE IS HE? Though yet again she had two of them... One on her neck and one in her hands, so it's either a mistake on SE's part with the model, or Snow would have had to have given his back to her.

Hope kind of looks like a grey haired Noctis now, but slightly less feminine. In game footage is probably the PS3 verion in this trailer, right? Serah's hair looked too good in motion to be the 360 (and yes, I can distinguish the difference between regular and CG). Also
Cocoon in the background sky looks amazing in that night scene.

rataven

Synless said:
I was referring to Team Nora, I am sure that all of the old characters have new costumes. It seems that way anyways.
Maybe this as an indication that Team Nora's screen time is minimal. I can only hope...

Top Bottom