• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
5-year gap eh. I was hoping Hope would look much older than that.

You know, muscles, goatees and all.

.la1n

Looking much better graphically, at least now it seems on par with XIII as it should. I'm willing to give it a chance but outside of great impressions from GAF I'll be waiting on the inevitable price drop.

ULTROS! said:
5-year gap eh. I was hoping Hope would look much older than that.

You know, muscles, goatees and all.

This is Square we are talking about, 5 years to you is not 5 years to them ;)

New trailer looks fantastic, far more polished than before. Music was great too.
Anyone else notice some massive slowdown during the exploration sections toward the end though, hopefully these will be ironed out as I noticed no frame drops while running around in XIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Appollowexx said:
New trailer looks fantastic, far more polished than before. Music was great too.
Anyone else notice some massive slowdown during the exploration sections toward the end though, hopefully these will be ironed out as I noticed no frame drops while running around in XIII.

Present during the E3 demo as well, in the sections when it was raining anyway.

Cheska

So where the hell is Snow in all this? Serah is more concerned with finding Lightning, and having her and Noel traverse together just seems like such a blatant love set up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cheska said:
So where the hell is Snow in all this? Serah is more concerned with finding Lightning, and having her and Noel traverse together just seems like such a blatant love set up.

She calls him a 'friend' so... maybe he's gone?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
She calls him a 'friend' so... maybe he's gone?

They probably
finally
broke up. :p

Seda

French said:
The lack of hype for this game is pretty surprising.

Not really, considering the reception of the prequel in FFXIII, SE's other FF sequel in FFX-2, and Square Enix in general nowadays.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Cheska said:
I caught that too. So weird since they built that up in the last game.
Tbh, it was very awkward in FFXIII. Glad they got rid of Snow (hopefully). It looks like it'll be Noel-Serah in this game, but who knows.

Rahxephon91 said:
??
It gets a new thread that at least has more then one page pretty much everytime new info comes up. Lack of hype my ass.
Maybe he means, "OMG, YES!!" type of hype.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
MotionBlue said:
That would horribly cheapen the game's story. Snow was a central figure in FFXIII, and Serah was his driving force.

Agreed. I'll be horribly annoyed if they break them up (even though Snow looks like he's dating a 12-year-old in FFXIII). I thought she was his one twue love.

OTOH, maybe Snow is a bad guy in this game. That would be entertaining.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rahxephon91 said:
??

It gets a new thread that at least has more then one page pretty much everytime new info comes up. Lack of hype my ass.

He's right. Compared to FFXIII, or any other games from a popular franchise, the hype levels for this are down.

Main reason why there's a main info thread, really. Individual threads kept getting lost and people wouldn't know which ones to post more stuff in.

Kagari said:
He's right. Compared to FFXIII, or any other games from a popular franchise, the hype levels for this are down.

Main reason why there's a main info thread, really. Individual threads kept getting lost and people wouldn't know which ones to post more stuff in.
Lack of hype is not the same as less hype. There is hype, not on the level of previous games. But whatever, I'd expect nothing less from you, who just wants to downplay everything related to XIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rahxephon91 said:
Lack of hype is not the same as less hype. There is hype, not on the level of previous games. But whatever, I'd expect nothing less from you, who just wants to downplay everything related to XIII.

Actually, Nirolak was the first person to even mention the lack of hype thing to me.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rahxephon91 said:
Dosent change the fact that you like to be negative regarding XIII whenever possible.

And it doesn't change the fact that you like to defend it whenever possible, to the extent of derailing threads :)

Kagari said:

So no new thread for new news this time? Just gonna keep everything in the megathread?

Angry Fork

French said:
The lack of hype for this game is pretty surprising.
I loved 13 but I loathe Serah and Noel does nothing for me at all. Nothing shown so far except a rain level has peaked my interest. The QTE's look stupid too and Snow's useless dumb friends are back. SE has managed to show everything I don't care about. I want to be interested but I'm just not unfortunately. Versus 13 however I'm clamoring for.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:
So no new thread for new news this time? Just gonna keep everything in the megathread?

Major news, like a release date or TGS trailer can have its own thread.
But Square has been pushing out these tiny updates since E3, so it makes more sense to put those in here.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Angry Fork said:
I loved 13 but I loathe Serah and Noel does nothing for me at all. Nothing shown so far except a rain level has peaked my interest. The QTE's look stupid too and Snow's useless dumb friends are back. SE has managed to show everything I don't care about. I want to be interested but I'm just not unfortunately. Versus 13 however I'm clamoring for.
Yeah, the same reason I'm waiting for Versus. It already has a bunch of mature characters and a setting that I like a lot. However, I don't think this game should be as bad as FFXIII, though.

MechaX

MotionBlue said:
That would horribly cheapen the game's story. Snow was a central figure in FFXIII, and Serah was his driving force.

Hey, just because you decided to try to fight the entire world and kill a couple of gods to save your woman doesn't mean that you'll actually stay with her.

Hell, Snow could have proposed to Serah after knowing her for like a month for all we know.

Also... Man. They're serious about trying to bring Team NORA back in force. Fuck those guys.

Thoraxes

Cheska said:
This is a curious point for me too.
See, in the video, Serah is wearing her necklace from him still, but also holding one in her hand. If I understood XIII correctly, I believe those are used something like engagement necklaces or something. So, if she still wears hers and she also has Snow's, I would guess he either broke it off or said that they can get married when he comes back, or something.

Or they're just lazy and didn't remove it from her model in that scene if she takes it off.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Thoraxes said:
This is a curious point for me too.
See, in the video, Serah is wearing her necklace from him still, but also holding one in her hand. If I understood XIII correctly, I believe those are used something like engagement necklaces or something. So, if she still wears hers and she also has Snow's, I would guess he either broke it off or said that they can get married when he comes back, or something.

Or they're just lazy and didn't remove it from her model in that scene if she takes it off.

She always had her one necklace in the beginning of FFXIII and then Snow gave her his when he proposed I believe as an engagement necklace, hence having two XD

sleepykyo

Cheska said:

Just like the new Superman. Hero (Snow) has to live with being the friend while the princess is shagging the new guy. Happy couples are so last gen.

Perfo

BlazingDarkness said:
IGN made a boo boo?

Ahah, don't tell me they've let go TGS Trailer before time XD
The timing was actually a bit suspicious for a new trailer...

Perfo said:
Ahah, don't tell me they've let go TGS Trailer before time XD
The timing was actually a bit suspicious for a new trailer...
Actually I think it probably was the TGS trailer, it was in english but it showed a fair bit of new stuff

rataven

BlazingDarkness said:
Actually I think it probably was the TGS trailer, it was in english but it showed a fair bit of new stuff
Does SE usually have any kind of showing at PAX? Since it's in English, maybe it was supposed to be unveiled this weekend.

Perfo

Kagari said:
Just the E3 demo.

It seems a bit short for a TGS Trailer and two months before release... maybe it was indeed meant to be shown at the end of PAX and we just didn't know.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Perfo said:
It seems a bit short for a TGS Trailer and two months before release... maybe it was indeed meant to be shown at the end of PAX and we just didn't know.

The E3 trailer was actually shorter than this one.

Thoraxes

Yeah this was probably what was meant to be shown next month at TGS (but released in English at the same time for the west). I was going to rewatch it, but I found it's all been removed.

Heh, at least some of us got to see it. I'll have to check my cache if I can find a copy.

Perfo

Kagari said:
The E3 trailer was actually shorter than this one.

Yeah, but the same was true for XIII in E3 2009, while at TGS of the same year it was 5mins long if I'm not mistaken. I was expecting something as big for this XIII-2 following the same pattern. Unless they intend to release in japan more trailers after TGS or... perhaps this time they want to spoiler us a bit less lol ~
I remember latest XIII's trailers spoilered pratically every climax scene of every chapter in the final game... that was awful.

Top Bottom