• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Lily said:
anyone else feel rather uncomfortable about the fact that they are shilling their DLC way before the game is even out? put it in the main game you shysters.

It's a common practice nowdays...

FreeMufasa

Guess i'll get the English version what with the release being so close together and over the Christmas period. It's going to be weird hearing all the characters speaking English.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lily said:
anyone else feel rather uncomfortable about the fact that they are shilling their DLC way before the game is even out? put it in the main game you shysters.

I don't like it either... one of the worst things about this generation. At least for this game, it seems like it's all stuff that doesn't matter to the actual bulk of the contents.

Kyoufu

S-E are going to rape me with this game.

Collector's Edition in February, then all their rape DLC a week later, then some more rape DLC, then finally, International Rape edition a year later.

:(

laika09

Shadow780 said:
http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/news/pressDetail/244272

Chinese/English ver. with Japanese voice is coming out Jan. 31st 2012, you are able to select Chinese or English text (yay), savedata is compatible across all versions. Hopefully DLCs are compatible as well.

Import ready!

Awesome. I don't even have to import it, since it's my region. Do you know if they're releasing the Japanese version in Asian regions on the Japanese release date, like with XIII?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
laika09 said:
Awesome. I don't even have to import it, since it's my region. Do you know if they're releasing the Japanese version in Asian regions on the Japanese release date, like with XIII?

Yep.

Perfo

Kyoufu said:
Any non spoilerific trailer examples of that dub?

I don't know what they have to complain about, it's a stupid-cutie voice as much as the japanese one, they should be lamenting that a stuffed white thing flies around while speaking and turning into a violet weapon more than complaining about the voice acting in english lol ~

Anyway, I hope they'll release the same chinese version when the international edition comes out, in that case I might consider buying it.

Perfo said:
I don't know what they have to complain about, it's a stupid-cutie voice as much as the japanese one, they should be lamenting that a stuffed white thing flies around while speaking and turning into a violet weapon more than complaining about the voice acting in english lol ~

Anyway, I hope they'll release the same chinese version when the international edition comes out, in that case I might consider buying it.

No, the dub is just eye-wateringly terrible.

Zoe

Perfo said:
I don't know what they have to complain about, it's a stupid-cutie voice as much as the japanese one

No, it's not. Even just the way they use "kupo" is enough to ruin the English version of the character. The Japanese is nothing like that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Did FFXIII Chinese version feature the Kimi ga Iru Kara song instead of My Hands?

If so, then this game will probably feature the JP FFXIII-2 song.

Leckan

Kyoufu said:
S-E are going to rape me with this game.

Collector's Edition in February, then all their rape DLC a week later, then some more rape DLC, then finally, International Rape edition a year later.

:(

It's not rape if you have a choice... or even enjoy it.

Perfo

BlazingDarkness said:
No, the dub is just eye-wateringly terrible.

Zoe said:
No, it's not. Even just the way they use "kupo" is enough to ruin the English version of the character. The Japanese is nothing like that.

Whatever -.-'
I'd prefer to buy it for M.Sakamoto If I have to find a reason more than the Kupò :D

I'll stick with the english one anyway after being used to the english voice cast because of the previous episode. This time I can't even complain about the japanese song missing considering it's the same track, so I'm all happy about it :p

Zoe

Perfo said:
Whatever -.-'
I'd prefer to buy it for M.Sakamoto If I have to find a reason more than the Kupò :D

Seriously, do you speak Japanese? There is a distinct difference between how each version is handling the moogle.

Perfo

Zoe said:
Seriously, do you speak Japanese? There is a distinct difference between how each version is handling the moogle.

Is there some video to help me reminding this difference please (no spoilers though)? I'd check it out immediately if so, because last time I heard the original moguri was a long time ago but all I remember is that when I heard the english one it just sounded right to me for a stuffed pet and how I imagine it to talk. Perhaps I just don't remember clearly this big difference, so now I'm even more curious.

Anyway to answer the question, I don't "speak" japanese but I study it as part of my university course – hoping one day I'll speak more of it than not just basic sentences ahah ~

Zoe

Perfo said:
Is there some video to help me reminding this difference please (no spoilers though)? I'd check it out immediately if so, because last time I heard the original moguri was a long time ago but all I remember is that when I heard the english one it just sounded right to me for a stuffed pet and how I imagine it to talk. Perhaps I just don't remember clearly this big difference, so now I'm even more curious.

Anyway to answer the question, I don't "speak" japanese but I study it as part of my university course – hoping one day I'll speak more of it than not just basic sentences ahah ~

Here's a voiced moogle from Type-0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-9YGIO67ds#t=191s
I don't know of an English one that doesn't have spoilers.

In Japanese it's treated as a part of speech that's tacked onto words. In English, it's a separate word and the inflection makes it seem like it's calling the person it's talking to "kupo."

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Shadow780 said:
http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/news/pressDetail/244272

Chinese/English ver. with Japanese voice is coming out Jan. 31st 2012, you are able to select Chinese or English text (yay), savedata is compatible across all versions. Hopefully DLCs are compatible as well.

Import ready!
Extremely tempting. Though I doubt DLC is compatible across all regions, and thus you'll have to purchase it from the region-specific store.

Do I want Liam O'Brien? (Yes)

Or do I want that insufferable moogle's "kupo" to be handled well, and do I also want Maaya Sakamoto? (Yes)

Hmmm...

Perfo

Zoe said:
Here's a voiced moogle from Type-0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-9YGIO67ds#t=191s
I don't know of an English one that doesn't have spoilers.

In Japanese it's treated as a part of speech that's tacked onto words. In English, it's a separate word and the inflection makes it seem like it's calling the person it's talking to "kupo."

Oh, in Type-0 that's certainly noticeable; the only thing I had before that was the FFXIII-2's short appearance that sounded identical to me maybe because it talks outside a phrase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7UoUvqcXvs&feature=player_detailpage (1.15 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmyI4kAL4jg&feature=player_detailpage (1.15 sec)

Here it just sounds identical. But I get what you mean. Yet, I can't complain about it... it makes sense for japanese language to play that way with the word kupo inserting it in a sentence because sounds almost like a word and the structure of the language permits plays like this. You can't do the same in english without sounding awkward. The same reason why they don't call Lightning sister but just by her name; cultural/language differences call for adaptations like this one. Anyway I can't complain about people who prefer the original for reasons like this, it makes sense to a certain extent – yet I still think they managed to find a decent way in english to keep the kupo without going for more drastic solutions :p

edit. Dengeki preview teaser:

318505_278287618860037_244940588861407_945743_987653459_n.jpg

Chairhome said:
Man, now I know why Snow always wears that bandanna.

Lol :D

Perfo

DarknessTear said:
I don't know, FFXIII had good voice work minus Vanille.

It was overall a very good dub, I keep saying it everytime I have the chance as much as the haters do the same to bash it :D
Characters like Hope and Sazh were the highlights imho, but all the main characters were pretty unique in voices and the majority of their acting was well delivered most of the times.

Zoe

Perfo said:
Here it just sounds identical. But I get what you mean. Yet, I can't complain about it... it makes sense for japanese language to play that way with the word kupo inserting it in a sentence because sounds almost like a word and the structure of the language permits plays like this. You can't do the same in english without sounding awkward. The same reason why they don't call Lightning sister but just by her name; cultural/language differences call for adaptations like this one. Anyway I can't complain about people who prefer the original for reasons like this, it makes sense to a certain extent – yet I still think they managed to find a decent way in english to keep the kupo without going for more drastic solutions :p

They could have just omitted "kupo" from it's sentences.

Perfo

Zoe said:
They could have just omitted "kupo" from it's sentences.

Mh, that's the drastic solution I was speaking about and I'm happy they didn't go for it :D
Every moguri say kupò... I don't want one that doesn't say it >.<'

Zoe

Perfo said:
Mh, that's the drastic solution I was speaking about and I'm happy they didn't go for it :D
Every moguri say kupò... I don't want one that doesn't say it >.<'

I'm not saying to remove it from instances like the one in the trailer you posted, but to remove it from fully articulated sentences.

Perfo

Zoe said:
I'm not saying to remove it from instances like the one in the trailer you posted, but to remove it from fully articulated sentences.

That can be done, but I'm not really annoyed by it being there. Afterall I expect a moguri to say that in one way or another. There are many more things that I find out of place before the kupò that I'd like to see removed from FFXIII-2, starting from the whole character design lol ~

gembel

is the chinese/english version available to preorder anywhere yet?

play-asia only has the asia english and asia japanese version, no asia chinese/english version :(

Top Bottom