• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowlink said:
Probably a stupid question but why is the the OST 4 discs? Does it really take that much space?

Some soundtracks, specifically RPG ones, are huge.

duckroll said:
I do not believe the solution to people wanting to discuss nonsense everytime news dries up here, is to make an "all purpose" FF thread. Let's face the facts, people are posting here because this is where we talk about FFXIII, and not because there's a sudden URGE to discuss all things FF. Think about it.

I guess. Still would've been nice though. I was getting geared up to have an intellectual analysis of Tidus' character.

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:
Well, that didn't quite work out. I guess we're not allowed to make an all purpose Final Fantasy thread?

I do not believe the solution to people wanting to discuss nonsense everytime news dries up here, is to make an "all purpose" FF thread. Let's face the facts, people are posting here because this is where we talk about FFXIII, and not because there's a sudden URGE to discuss all things FF. Think about it.

Thanks for the answers! I'm probably going to buy it if I really like the OST. I'm hoping it sells where I live though when it releases in NA.

Shadowlink said:
Probably a stupid question but why is the the OST 4 discs? Does it really take that much space?
Yeah, the average mainline FF game since FF7 has an average of 4.5 hours of music each, so 4 discs really are necessary.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
It's actually a 4 CD OST with a bonus 5th CD which is an audio drama featuring the cast voicing out "FINAL FANTASY XIII Episode Zero -Promise- Story01 -ENCOUNTER-".

So it is!

Shadowlink said:
I guess I can't blame them since this is a RPG game.
Well, to be fair, FF is probably the only RPG series that consistently have soundtracks this long... AFAIK the only other RPG series with 4 CD OSTs is Tales, though there might be a small handful of others that I don't know about. (I think Eternal Sonata had 4 discs too, but that game IS about music)

duckroll

darkhunger said:
Well, to be fair, FF is probably the only RPG series that consistently have soundtracks this long... AFAIK the only other RPG series with 4 CD OSTs is Tales, though there might be a small handful of others that I don't know about. (I think Eternal Sonata had 4 discs too, but that game IS about music)

Pffft RPGs? Okami and Bayonetta both have 5 CD soundtracks! Kamiya power!!!! :lol

Zoe

That's the limited edition, BTW. Presumably there will be a cheaper version without the fancy packaging and bonus disc.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
OP updated:

10/20/2009
Toriyama and Nomura Famitsu Interview on FFXIII, Versus XIII and Agito XIII.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037157p1.html
There is no mandatory HDD install.
Save files are 500KB, trophy data is 3080KB.
No load times except from town to field transitions.

10/22/2009
4 disc OST announced for 1/27/2010 release:
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-10178

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw this on twitter and thought it was not real... wow. So anyone thinking FF13 might have the MGS4 type of install were wrong. wow.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw this on twitter and thought it was not real... wow. So anyone thinking FF13 might have the MGS4 type of install were wrong. wow.

Yeah, thank goodness S-E learned how to optimize correctly.

Now where are my direct feed images.

Shadowlink said:
Probably 3-4 discs. I wonder how each disc will look like art wise.

They have the potential to do some really cool stuff.

Disc 1 art: Lightning and Snow
Disc 2 art: Hope and Vanille
Disc 2 art: Serah and Sazh
Disc 3 art: Yaag and Jihl

TheChillyAcademic said:

Disc 2 art: Serah and Szach

You both forgot Fang and spelled Sazh's name wrong.

TheChillyAcademic said:

Disc 2 art: Serah and Szach
That would be pretty cool but I'm going to end up getting the PS3 version unless I get both.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Well I'm gettin the PS3 version, no doubt about it, but it will still be interesting how SE treats the discs.
It would suck if they fuck up the inside of the case though like most 2-3 Disc games on the 360.

Fimbulvetr said:
How ironic. :lol
Holy Shit. :lol

lorddarkflare said:
Seriously, you should feel bad

Bah, I am well aware of fire and its power =/

I have to wonder the appeal Fang will have overall, to a Western audience. I'm anxious to see what her temperament is, whether she has a more ruthless, icy side like Lightning or perhaps she's closer in mood to Yaag, dedicated to her destiny.

Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom